|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are several houses quarantined in January-June 1665?
(a) Because of the plague.
(b) Because of measles.
(c) Because of lice.
(d) Pepys does not explain.
2. Who retires from leading the Navy in July-December 1666?
(a) The Duke of York.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
(d) The King.
3. Where did Pepys get his watch?
(a) It was a gift.
(b) He bought it.
(c) He stole it.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
4. What play does Pepys see in July-December, 1664?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) The General.
(c) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
5. What animal does the science experiment involve that Pepys witnesses?
(a) A cat.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) An ox.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Pepys worth at the end of 1664?
2. What does Pepys wife begin a yearly habit of collecting?
3. What does Pepys begin to worry about in January-June 1667?
4. In July-December 1666, how long has it been since some of the Navy men were paid?
5. Which ship does Prince Rupert command?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)