|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Evelyn has what encased in a glass?
(a) A boat.
(b) A coin.
(c) A bee.
(d) A bird.
2. How does Pepys feel about bribes during July-December 1664?
(a) He does not say how he feels.
(b) He does takes them.
(c) It's OK for others, but not for him.
(d) He returns them.
3. Why does Pepys wife begin collecting what she does in January-June 1667?
(a) It is said to be good for one's complexion.
(b) She becomes sentimental after the fire.
(c) They need the money.
(d) She is in search of a new doctor.
4. What does the mayor enact because of the plague?
(a) A ban on going to pubs.
(b) A ban on drinking.
(c) A ban on eating vegetables.
(d) A citywide curfew.
5. What emergency does Pepys describe for the reader in July-December 1666?
(a) A tornado.
(b) The Great Rain Storm at London.
(c) A hurricane.
(d) The Great Fire of London.
Short Answer Questions
1. With people either dying of the plague or leaving for the country, London looks what way?
2. As the new year of 1665 starts, what does Pepys wife rebuke him for?
3. Pepys has his first visit to who in January-June 1668?
4. What happened to Pepys's own physician?
5. Who returns to London to poor public support in January-June 1666?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)