|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pepys and his wife were poorer, the wife had to help with what chores?
(a) Washing and cooking.
(b) Dishes and laundry.
(c) Sweeping and ironing.
(d) Yard work and cooking.
2. How much is Pepys worth at the end of 1664?
(a) 1,349 pounds.
(b) 5,000 pounds.
(d) 1,439 pounds.
3. What does Pepys begin to worry about in January-June 1667?
(a) That he will be poor again.
(b) That he will be captured.
(c) That there will be another fire.
(d) That there will be another tornado.
4. What did Pepys do to his wife in July-December 1664 that he is ashamed of ?
(a) Gave her a black eye.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Pushed her.
(d) Publicly humilate her.
5. Why did Mrs. Knipp miss the event she did in January-June 1666?
(a) Because she dislikes Pepys.
(b) Because of her abusive husband.
(c) Because wives were not allowed to attend.
(d) Because she was sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. In July-December 1667, where does Pepys vacation?
2. What kind of vision aid does Pepys receive?
3. As the new year of 1665 starts, what does Pepys wife rebuke him for?
4. Who retires from leading the Navy in July-December 1666?
5. What kind of wonder has caught the city's attention in January-June 1668?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)