|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Pepys get his watch?
(a) It was a gift.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) He bought it.
(d) He stole it.
2. Who returns to London to poor public support in January-June 1666?
(a) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
(d) The King.
3. What happens when Pepys tries to flirt with an attractive woman in July-December 1667?
(a) He has an affair with her.
(b) He is caught by a neighbor.
(c) His wife tries to poke him with a pin.
(d) His father scolds him.
4. Who holds a lottery in July-December 1664?
(a) Sir Slingsby.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The King.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
5. Why does Pepys wife begin collecting what she does in January-June 1667?
(a) She is in search of a new doctor.
(b) She becomes sentimental after the fire.
(c) They need the money.
(d) It is said to be good for one's complexion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In November 1664, who does war begin between?
2. In July-December 1666, how long has it been since some of the Navy men were paid?
3. After the Navy men tire of waiting to be paid, what happens?
4. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
5. What does the New Year bring for residents in the city in January-June 1668?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)