|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mayor enact because of the plague?
(a) A citywide curfew.
(b) A ban on drinking.
(c) A ban on eating vegetables.
(d) A ban on going to pubs.
2. With people either dying of the plague or leaving for the country, London looks what way?
(a) Very full.
(b) As it did two years ago.
(c) The same.
(d) Very deserted.
3. How much is Pepys worth at the end of 1664?
(b) 5,000 pounds.
(c) 1,439 pounds.
(d) 1,349 pounds.
4. How much short are the household accounts in January-June 1665?
(a) 77 schillings.
(b) Seven schillings.
(c) 70 schillings.
(d) 17 schillings.
5. What happens to the financial status of the Navy in January-June 1666?
(a) It gets better.
(b) It stays the same.
(c) Pepys does not write about it.
(d) It worsens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What consumes much of Pepys time in January-June, 1665?
2. What happened to Pepys's own physician?
3. What does Mrs. Knipp miss in January-June,1666?
4. What did Pepys do to his wife in July-December 1664 that he is ashamed of ?
5. Which ship does Prince Rupert command?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)