|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pepys do to his wife in July-December 1664 that he is ashamed of ?
(a) Publicly humilate her.
(b) Gave her a black eye.
(c) Pushed her.
(d) Divorce her.
2. What does Mrs. Knipp miss in January-June,1666?
(a) An appointment.
(b) An interview.
(c) A date.
(d) A party.
3. In July-December 1666, how long has it been since some of the Navy men were paid?
(a) Five days.
(b) Five years.
(c) Five months.
(d) Five hours.
4. What consumes much of Pepys time in January-June, 1665?
(b) The business of the war.
(c) Yelling at his wife.
5. What happens when Pepys attends a gambling party with friends?
(a) He lets his wife gamble.
(b) He bets a lot of money.
(c) He refuses to gamble.
(d) He bets a little money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pepys's excuse this time in January-June 1667 for making an exception to his vow not to drink wine?
2. What kind of problem does Pepys have with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
3. What happened to Pepys's own physician?
4. How much is Pepys worth at the end of 1664?
5. What happens to the financial status of the Navy in January-June 1666?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)