|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pepys is offered money to impregnate someone. Who offers him the money?
(b) Pepys's uncle.
(c) Pepys' neighbor.
(d) Lady Lord Sandwich.
2. Where does Pepys attend church as the story opens?
(a) Near his home.
(b) The location varies.
(c) He does not attend church.
(d) Far away from his home.
3. Who is worried about Pepys's new position in January-June 1660?
(a) The old assistant.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) Pepys brother.
(d) His wife.
4. Who is Lord Sandwich having a possible affair with in July-December 1663?
(b) A daughter of Mrs. Becke.
(c) Pepys' wife.
5. What is one thing Pepys's wife does with her appearance in January-June 1661?
(a) She gets a sword to wear as an accessory.
(b) She lets her eyebrows grow out.
(c) She dyes her hair.
(d) She gets her teeth done.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spends time at Pepys's home grieving after the lung cancer death?
2. What happens when Pepys tries to replace his wife's companion who lied?
3. What brings Pepys to the person who holds the final authority over the Navy in July -December 1661?
4. In his lessons in July-December 1662, what does Pepys dedicate most of his time to?
5. In his plan to be frugal in January-June 1662, what is an indulgence Pepys will allow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the coronation of the King.
2. What is the gossip about the Queen in July-December 1663?
3. Explain the struggle with Pepys's wife's companions in July-December 1663.
4. Why does Pepys's plan to lead a frugal life also include some indulgence?
5. What happens when Pepys's family returns to his father's house in the country?
6. Why does Pepys attend the Catholic Mass in July-December 1662?
7. Describe two developments in household affairs that Pepys writes about in July-December 1661.
8. Explain what happens when Pepys arranges the private lessons for his wife.
9. What kind of strange offer does Pepys get from his uncle for 500 pounds?
10. What becomes of the rumor about a large sum of money buried at the Tower of London?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)