Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pepys go first when he begins his new promotion?
(a) His fleet sails into the English Channel.
(b) His horse takes him to the next town over.
2. Who is the victim of the crime that Pepys's witnesses in January-June, 1664?
(a) A woman he once fancied.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) A relative.
(d) A stranger.
3. In January-June 1661, what does Pepys reveal about the King?
(a) That the King is a liar.
(b) That he had an affair with his wife.
(c) That there was an attempt to kill him in the previous year.
(d) That Pepys' wife does not like the king.
4. Where does Pepys attend church as the story opens?
(a) He does not attend church.
(b) The location varies.
(c) Far away from his home.
(d) Near his home.
5. Every March, what does Pepys flash back to?
(a) His birthday.
(b) His time at sea.
(c) His wife's birthday.
(d) His bladder surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pepys's country house called?
2. What does Pepys nearly injure in January-June 1660 when firing a gun?
3. In July-December 1660 entries, what does the reader find out about Pepys's relationship with his wife?
4. How does Pepys celebrate having more money?
5. What happens on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in July-December 1661 to show that Pepys and his wife still have a long way to go fashionably?
2. While the plague has hit London, what is happening in Pepys's and his wife's life?
3. What happens when Pepys sees a shepherd with his son?
4. What does Pepys keep after cleaning in July-December 1664?
5. Pepys also admits something horrible about a crime he witnessed. What did he admit?
6. What does Pepys do to prepare for the possibility that he might be captured?
7. What happens when Pepys hires a new companion for his wife in January-June 1665?
8. Describe what life on the ship is like for Pepys when he sets sail with Lord Sandwich in January-June 1660.
9. Explain the death in the family in January-June 1664.
10. What kind of strange offer does Pepys get from his uncle for 500 pounds?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)