|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of musical interests does Pepys have in January-June 1660?
(a) He hates music.
(b) Both instrumental and vocal.
(c) Just instrumental.
(d) Just vocal.
2. Who receives the promotion to Treasurer?
(c) Lord Sandwich.
(d) Pepys wife.
3. What does Pepys nearly injure in January-June 1660 when firing a gun?
(a) A royal.
(b) His foot.
(c) His eye.
(d) His arm.
4. What does Pepys learn to do for himself in January-June, 1664?
(b) Buy clothes.
(c) Tell jokes.
(d) Clean his teeth.
5. Despite the fact that he has a lot of money, what does Pepys begin to worry about in July-December 1660?
(a) The financial state of the city.
(b) The financial state of the country.
(c) The financial state of the Navy.
(d) His finances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sir Charles Sydly fined for his arrest?
2. What actually happens to the buried money?
3. Who is worried about Pepys's new position in January-June 1660?
4. Who is Lord Sandwich having a possible affair with in July-December 1663?
5. In his plan to be frugal in January-June 1662, what is an indulgence Pepys will allow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the political unrest in January-June 1668?
2. Explain how Pepys gets new responsibilities in January-June 1665?
3. Explain Pepys's feeling about the King wearing a wig.
4. What happens when Pepys sees a shepherd with his son?
5. Describe what we know about Pepys's interests that are described as the story opens.
6. How do Pepys and his wife show that they care very much about outward appearances in January-June 1661?
7. Describe the honoring of the Queen in January-June 1662.
8. Describe the science experiment with the dog.
9. Describe the way that Pepys and his wife fight.
10. Explain the struggle with Pepys's wife's companions in July-December 1663.
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)