|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who holds the final authority over the Navy?
(a) The Duke of York.
(b) His father.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
2. What does the person who Pepys calls do when he feels under the weather?
(a) Gives him a day off.
(b) Gives him a massage.
(c) Performs bloodletting.
(d) Gives him a pep talk.
3. In July-December 1662, who is rumored to have marriage problems?
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) Lady Castlemaine.
4. Who is promised a part of the buried treasure if found?
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) Pepys's wife.
(d) The King and the Duke.
5. At church, what does Pepys do after sermons?
(a) He rates them as to whether he likes them or not.
(b) He greets church members.
(c) He goes to the King.
(d) He eats a hearty lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Pepys go into the funeral description of someone who died of lung cancer?
2. Does Pepys approve of Lord Sandwich having affairs?
3. Who dies of lung cancer in March 1664?
4. What does Pepys do each March?
5. What happens to Pepys's wife's companion who lied?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens when Pepys arranges the private lessons for his wife.
2. Why does Pepys's plan to lead a frugal life also include some indulgence?
3. What is happening with Pepys relationship with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
4. Describe the way that Pepys and his wife fight.
5. How successful is Pepys's attempt to abstain from wine?
6. How does Pepys close his journal?
7. Describe the honoring of the Queen in January-June 1662.
8. Describe two things Pepys does in his spare time in January-June 1663.
9. How does the business of war consume Pepys time in January-June 1665?
10. What does the promotion mean for Pepys?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)