|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his plan to be frugal in January-June 1662, what is an indulgence Pepys will allow?
(a) Puppet shows.
2. What does Pepys learn to do for himself in January-June, 1664?
(a) Clean his teeth.
(b) Tell jokes.
(c) Buy clothes.
3. In July-December 1662, who is rumored to have marriage problems?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(c) Lady Castlemaine.
4. In July-December 1662, who else is commended besides Pepys?
(a) Pepy's servant.
(b) Lady Sandwich.
(c) Pepys' wife.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
5. In July-December 1662, Pepys wife asks for what?
(a) A female companion.
(b) A pet.
(c) A new house.
(d) A new dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. In July-December 1662, who commends Pepys?
2. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
3. Whose rituals does Pepys think are absurd?
4. What crime does Pepys witness in January-June 1664?
5. Pepys continues to worry about what in July-December 1662?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the business of war consume Pepys time in January-June 1665?
2. Why does the status of the Navy worry Pepys?
3. What happens when Pepys sees a shepherd with his son?
4. Describe two developments in household affairs that Pepys writes about in July-December 1661.
5. What does the need for money in the Navy prompt Pepys to do?
6. How does Pepys close his journal?
7. How does Pepys describe his professional life in January-June 1662?
8. What happens when Pepys hires a new companion for his wife in January-June 1665?
9. What is the gossip about the Queen in July-December 1663?
10. How have price hikes affected the city residents in January-June 1668?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)