|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In July-December 1662, who commends Pepys?
(a) The King.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) The Duke of York.
(d) Lady Sandwich.
2. In January-June 1662, who is increasing their threats?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The French and the Dutch.
(c) The English.
(d) Only the Dutch.
3. Where does Pepys go first when he begins his new promotion?
(c) His horse takes him to the next town over.
(d) His fleet sails into the English Channel.
4. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
(b) President's Day.
(c) Valentine's Day.
5. Who receives the promotion to Treasurer?
(c) Pepys wife.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Sir Charles Sydly arrested?
2. In January-June 1662, why does Will continue to get punished?
3. What is Sir Charles Sydly fined for his arrest?
4. What causes Pepys's worry about the financial state?
5. Who is the victim of the crime that Pepys's witnesses in January-June, 1664?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pepys close his journal?
2. What kind of strange offer does Pepys get from his uncle for 500 pounds?
3. Describe what we know about Pepys's interests that are described as the story opens.
4. What does Pepys admit about a gift for his wife in January-June 1664?
5. Describe the honoring of the Queen in January-June 1662.
6. Describe the political unrest in January-June 1668?
7. Compare the financial status of the Navy with the excessive spending of the Royal Family.
8. How do Pepys and his wife show that they care very much about outward appearances in January-June 1661?
9. What is the meaning behind Pepys beginning to discipline the household staff?
10. Explain the death in the family in January-June 1664.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)