|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In anger, what does Pepys rip up in January -June 1663
(a) All of the Duke's paperwork.
(b) All of his wife's books.
(c) All of Will's paperwork.
(d) All of his wife's paperwork.
2. Due to Pepys's position with the government in January-June 1660, what does he get propositioned with right away?
(b) New job offers.
3. In July-December 1660 entries, what does the reader find out about Pepys's relationship with his wife?
(a) That his wife has had affairs.
(b) That they both have remained loyal to his each other.
(c) That Pepys has had affairs with other women.
(d) That they were never in love.
4. What happens when Pepys sees that a maid has been negligent?
(a) He does nothing.
(b) He beats her.
(c) He tells his wife to deal with it.
(d) He fires her.
5. Why was this anniversary celebrated in January-June 1660 a big deal at the time?
(a) It was considered major surgery then.
(b) It was tradition to celebrate any surgery survival.
(c) It was a symbol of strength.
(d) Just because Pepys wanted to feel important.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pepys run into one afternoon and have an affair with in July-December 1663?
2. What does Pepys think of a Midsummer Night's Dream?
3. In July-December 1662, who is rumored to have marriage problems?
4. Despite the fact that he has a lot of money, what does Pepys begin to worry about in July-December 1660?
5. Once again in January-June 1662, how is Pepys planning to have a frugal life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Pepys and his wife show that they care very much about outward appearances in January-June 1661?
2. How does Pepys describe his professional life in January-June 1662?
3. What happens after the Duke of York retires from the Navy?
4. What causes Pepys to rejoice in January-June 1663?
5. What does Pepys keep after cleaning in July-December 1664?
6. Describe Pepys's reaction to his new financial status in July-December 1660.
7. Explain the death in the family in January-June 1664.
8. What is happening with Pepys relationship with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
9. Describe the honoring of the Queen in January-June 1662.
10. Describe Pepys's thoughts on the King's public healings of the sick.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)