|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes lessons with Pepys in in January-June 1663?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(b) His wife.
(c) Lady Lord Sandwich.
2. Every March, what does Pepys flash back to?
(a) His time at sea.
(b) His birthday.
(c) His bladder surgery.
(d) His wife's birthday.
3. Who trusts Pepys to watch valuable jewels?
(a) Pepys' cousin.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) The King.
4. What is one thing Pepys's wife does with her appearance in January-June 1661?
(a) She gets her teeth done.
(b) She lets her eyebrows grow out.
(c) She gets a sword to wear as an accessory.
(d) She dyes her hair.
5. What is the highlight of January-June 1661, according to Pepys's account?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) Pepys' wife's birthday.
(c) Lord Sandwiches' vacation.
(d) The coronation of the King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
2. What is one thing Pepys does with his appearance in January-June 1661?
3. In July-December 1662, Pepys wife asks for what?
4. Who is the victim of the crime that Pepys's witnesses in January-June, 1664?
5. What does Pepys do with the gift he receives for his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pepys describe his professional life in January-June 1662?
2. What does Pepys have in common with those in upper society?
3. Why does Pepys attend the Catholic Mass in July-December 1662?
4. What happens when Pepys's family returns to his father's house in the country?
5. What is the gossip about the Queen in July-December 1663?
6. How do Pepys and his wife show that they care very much about outward appearances in January-June 1661?
7. Why does the status of the Navy worry Pepys?
8. What happens when Pepys hires a new companion for his wife in January-June 1665?
9. Pepys also admits something horrible about a crime he witnessed. What did he admit?
10. What causes Pepys to rejoice in January-June 1663?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)