|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sir Charles Sydly fined for his arrest?
(a) 5,000 pounds.
(b) 10,000 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) He is not fined.
2. Who is promised a part of the buried treasure if found?
(a) The King and the Duke.
(c) Pepys's wife.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
3. What does Pepys do each March?
(a) Throw a celebration for the king.
(b) Go into hiding.
(c) Throw a party for his wife.
(d) Throw a celebration to honor those who were there for him.
4. Due to Pepys's position with the government in January-June 1660, what does he get propositioned with right away?
(a) New job offers.
5. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
(a) The play Romeo and Juliet.
(b) The country.
(c) His ugly maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of lessons does Pepys decide to begin in July-December 1662?
2. Who does Pepys send to live in the country?
3. Why was Sir Charles Sydly arrested?
4. Who is Pepys jealous of in in January-June 1663?
5. Where does Pepys attend church as the story opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the political unrest in January-June 1668?
2. Describe the science experiment with the dog.
3. Explain what happens when Pepys arranges the private lessons for his wife.
4. Describe the coronation of the King.
5. What does the need for money in the Navy prompt Pepys to do?
6. How does Pepys close his journal?
7. What is happening with Pepys relationship with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
8. What causes Pepys to rejoice in January-June 1663?
9. How does Pepys describe his professional life in January-June 1662?
10. What does Pepys have in common with those in upper society?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)