|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pepys do each March?
(a) Throw a party for his wife.
(b) Throw a celebration for the king.
(c) Throw a celebration to honor those who were there for him.
(d) Go into hiding.
2. Whose rituals does Pepys think are absurd?
3. When Pepys feels under the weather, who does he call?
(a) A doctor.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) His priest.
4. Who is promised a part of the buried treasure if found?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(b) The King and the Duke.
(c) Pepys's wife.
5. Who dies of lung cancer in March 1664?
(a) One of the maids.
(b) Pepys's wife.
(c) Pepys's sister.
(d) Pepys's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pepys feelings about his wife's need for a companion?
2. In his lessons in July-December 1662, what does Pepys dedicate most of his time to?
3. Who is honored with a boat parade on the Thames?
4. In January-June 1663, what kind of lesson does Pepys take?
5. Once again in January-June 1662, how is Pepys planning to have a frugal life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pepys say about civil unrest and a previous attempt to kill the King?
2. Explain the death in the family in January-June 1664.
3. When does London start to return to normal?
4. What does the need for money in the Navy prompt Pepys to do?
5. What causes Pepys to rejoice in January-June 1663?
6. What does Pepys keep after cleaning in July-December 1664?
7. What is the gossip about the Queen in July-December 1663?
8. What happens when Pepys sees a shepherd with his son?
9. Explain what happens when Pepys arranges the private lessons for his wife.
10. What does Pepys admit about a gift for his wife in January-June 1664?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)