|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Pepys approve of Lord Sandwich having affairs?
(c) He approves, but tells him to stop anyhow.
(d) He has no opinion.
2. What is one thing Pepys's wife does with her appearance in January-June 1661?
(a) She dyes her hair.
(b) She gets a sword to wear as an accessory.
(c) She lets her eyebrows grow out.
(d) She gets her teeth done.
3. Who grants the king some money for the Navy in January-June 1663?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(b) The Queen.
(d) The Duke.
4. What does Pepys do with the gift he receives for his wife?
(a) Gives it to a mistress.
(b) Keeps it for himself.
(c) Gives it to his sister.
(d) Gives it to Lady Lord Sandwich.
5. What is Will's punishment in January-June 1662?
(a) A fierce whipping.
(b) No supper.
(c) A black eye.
(d) No paycheck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes singing lessons?
2. Why does Pepys order a wig from his barber?
3. Who does Pepys run into one afternoon and have an affair with in July-December 1663?
4. What does Pepys admit to doing in some of his meetings with the person who has final authority over the Navy?
5. Where does Pepys go first when he begins his new promotion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have price hikes affected the city residents in January-June 1668?
2. Describe what life on the ship is like for Pepys when he sets sail with Lord Sandwich in January-June 1660.
3. Describe Pepys's thoughts on the King's public healings of the sick.
4. What happens when Pepys sees a shepherd with his son?
5. How does Pepys describe his professional life in January-June 1662?
6. Why does Pepys attend the Catholic Mass in July-December 1662?
7. What is Pepys wanting to do with his bladder stone in July-December 1664?
8. What is happening with the Navy in July-December 1664?
9. How does the business of war consume Pepys time in January-June 1665?
10. Describe the science experiment with the dog.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)