|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the town and Pepys often gossip about?
(a) The Royals in the next country.
(b) The Lord.
(c) The Royal Family.
(d) His neighbor.
2. Who receives the promotion to Treasurer?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(c) Pepys wife.
3. Where does Pepys attend church as the story opens?
(a) The location varies.
(b) He does not attend church.
(c) Near his home.
(d) Far away from his home.
4. Who takes singing lessons?
(a) Pepys's wife.
(b) Pepys' maid.
(c) The King.
5. Which relative of Pepys lives in the country in July-December 1661?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In July-December 1662, Pepys wife asks for what?
2. Not only is Pepys abstaining in July-December 1661, but he is striving to be what?
3. Who praises Pepys for his new home and the status it brings?
4. What is Will's punishment in January-June 1662?
5. In January-June 1663, what kind of lesson does Pepys take?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pepys keep after cleaning in July-December 1664?
2. How does Pepys close his journal?
3. What does Pepys do to prepare for the possibility that he might be captured?
4. Describe the honoring of the Queen in January-June 1662.
5. What happens in July-December 1661 to show that Pepys and his wife still have a long way to go fashionably?
6. What is the meaning behind Pepys beginning to discipline the household staff?
7. What is Pepys's reaction to Lord Sandwich's affair with a daughter of Mrs. Becke.
8. What does the promotion mean for Pepys?
9. What is Pepys wanting to do with his bladder stone in July-December 1664?
10. in January-June 1665, what are the household issues Pepys once again continues?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)