|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of lessons does Pepys decide to begin in July-December 1662?
2. Why was this anniversary celebrated in January-June 1660 a big deal at the time?
(a) It was considered major surgery then.
(b) It was tradition to celebrate any surgery survival.
(c) Just because Pepys wanted to feel important.
(d) It was a symbol of strength.
3. Who holds the final authority over the Navy?
(a) His father.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(d) The Duke of York.
4. Who is worried about Pepys's new position in January-June 1660?
(a) The old assistant.
(b) Pepys brother.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
(d) His wife.
5. Where does Pepys go first when he begins his new promotion?
(a) His horse takes him to the next town over.
(b) His fleet sails into the English Channel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pepys blame for the civil unrest?
2. In anger, what does Pepys rip up in January -June 1663
3. What does Pepys do with the gift he receives for his wife?
4. What happens after the incident on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
5. Why is Pepys jealous of someone in January-June 1663?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening with the Navy in July-December 1664?
2. Describe the political unrest in January-June 1668?
3. Describe the honoring of the Queen in January-June 1662.
4. Describe the science experiment with the dog.
5. How successful is Pepys's attempt to abstain from wine?
6. What is happening with Pepys relationship with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
7. What happens when Pepys sees a shepherd with his son?
8. Explain what happens when Pepys arranges the private lessons for his wife.
9. Describe what we know about Pepys's interests that are described as the story opens.
10. What does the promotion mean for Pepys?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)