|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was this anniversary celebrated in January-June 1660 a big deal at the time?
(a) It was a symbol of strength.
(b) It was tradition to celebrate any surgery survival.
(c) It was considered major surgery then.
(d) Just because Pepys wanted to feel important.
2. Who takes singing lessons?
(a) The King.
(b) Pepys's wife.
(c) Pepys' maid.
3. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
(a) President's Day.
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
(c) Valentine's Day.
4. In January-June 1662, why does Will continue to get punished?
(a) He does not show up to work.
(b) For dropping things.
(c) For not sending messages.
(d) For attitude infractions and stealing.
5. What does the person who Pepys calls do when he feels under the weather?
(a) Gives him a day off.
(b) Performs bloodletting.
(c) Gives him a pep talk.
(d) Gives him a massage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Pepys receive for his wife?
2. What is the highlight of January-June 1661, according to Pepys's account?
3. At church, what does Pepys do after sermons?
4. What does Pepys do to a man who tries to rape his wife?
5. In July-December 1662, Pepys suspends his abstinence on wine and plays in celebration of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Pepys time with Lord Sandwich in July-December 1662.
2. What does Pepys admit about a gift for his wife in January-June 1664?
3. Explain the death in the family in January-June 1664.
4. In July-December 1662, why does Pepys decide to suspend his vows against wine and plays?
5. Describe the honoring of the Queen in January-June 1662.
6. How does Pepys describe his professional life in January-June 1662?
7. Describe the way that Pepys and his wife fight.
8. What does Pepys have in common with those in upper society?
9. How do Pepys and his wife show that they care very much about outward appearances in January-June 1661?
10. Explain why Pepys is celebrating the anniversary of the bladder surgery.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)