|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pepys do for cheaper entertainment in January-June, 1664?
(a) Stay at home.
(b) Go to the country.
(c) Attend the Hanging of Turner.
(d) Invite friends over.
2. Despite the fact that he has a lot of money, what does Pepys begin to worry about in July-December 1660?
(a) His finances.
(b) The financial state of the country.
(c) The financial state of the Navy.
(d) The financial state of the city.
3. When Pepys receives a promotion in January-June 1660, what does he become?
(a) Lord's clerk.
(b) General at sea.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
(d) Lord's assistant.
4. Who is worried about Pepys's new position in January-June 1660?
(a) Pepys brother.
(b) The old assistant.
(c) His wife.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
5. Who is promised a part of the buried treasure if found?
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) Pepys's wife.
(d) The King and the Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Pepys's wife does with her appearance in January-June 1661?
2. Whose rituals does Pepys think are absurd?
3. In his lessons in July-December 1662, what does Pepys dedicate most of his time to?
4. In July-December 1661, ambassadors of which countries fight?
5. Who is Lord Sandwich having a possible affair with in July-December 1663?
Short Essay Questions
1. How successful is Pepys's attempt to abstain from wine?
2. What does the promotion mean for Pepys?
3. Describe what we know about Pepys's interests that are described as the story opens.
4. What does the need for money in the Navy prompt Pepys to do?
5. in January-June 1665, what are the household issues Pepys once again continues?
6. Describe Pepys's reaction to his new financial status in July-December 1660.
7. Explain Pepys's feeling about the King wearing a wig.
8. Describe what life on the ship is like for Pepys when he sets sail with Lord Sandwich in January-June 1660.
9. What happens when Pepys's family returns to his father's house in the country?
10. What is happening with the Navy in July-December 1664?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)