|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pepys think of a Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) He didn't see it.
(b) He likes it.
(c) He does not give an opinion.
(d) He does not like it.
2. What happens when Pepys tries to replace his wife's companion who lied?
(a) A replacement leaves with clothes and is not seen again.
(b) The new companion is a success.
(c) His wife cries continously.
(d) Pepys goes after her.
3. In his lessons in July-December 1662, what does Pepys dedicate most of his time to?
(a) Fast songs.
(c) Multiplication tables.
4. How much does Pepys go into the funeral description of someone who died of lung cancer?
(a) He only says a little bit.
(b) He says nothing.
(c) At length.
(d) He says a little bit, but tells us there will be more later.
5. In July-December 1662, who else is commended besides Pepys?
(a) Lady Sandwich.
(b) Pepy's servant.
(c) Pepys' wife.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pepys do to a man who tries to rape his wife?
2. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
3. What happens to those involved in resistance against the Royals?
4. How long does Pepys's abstinence last?
5. Who praises Pepys for his new home and the status it brings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pepys attend the Catholic Mass in July-December 1662?
2. Describe the political unrest in January-June 1668?
3. Explain the struggle with Pepys's wife's companions in July-December 1663.
4. Describe the coronation of the King.
5. What is Pepys's reaction to Lord Sandwich's affair with a daughter of Mrs. Becke.
6. Explain why Pepys is celebrating the anniversary of the bladder surgery.
7. Explain what happens when Pepys arranges the private lessons for his wife.
8. Describe the state of Pepys's and his wife's relationship in July-December 1668?
9. Describe the way that Pepys and his wife fight.
10. While the plague has hit London, what is happening in Pepys's and his wife's life?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)