|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In July-December 1662, who commends Pepys?
(a) Lady Sandwich.
(b) The Duke of York.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
(d) The King.
2. What does Pepys do to a man who tries to rape his wife?
(a) He does nothing.
(b) He beats him.
(c) He kills him.
(d) He has him arrested.
3. What happens after the incident on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
(a) His wife gets angry at him.
(b) No explaination is given, and they go back to sleep.
(c) The bank is closed.
(d) Pepys's wife seeks medical attention.
4. What happens to Pepys's wife's companion who lied?
(a) She is beaten.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She is not punished.
(d) She is fired.
5. Why was this anniversary celebrated in January-June 1660 a big deal at the time?
(a) It was tradition to celebrate any surgery survival.
(b) It was a symbol of strength.
(c) Just because Pepys wanted to feel important.
(d) It was considered major surgery then.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his plan to be frugal in January-June 1662, what is an indulgence Pepys will allow?
2. How much does Pepys go into the funeral description of someone who died of lung cancer?
3. Why is Pepys jealous of someone in January-June 1663?
4. Due to Pepys's position with the government in January-June 1660, what does he get propositioned with right away?
5. What does Pepys think of a Midsummer Night's Dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pepys's reaction to Lord Sandwich's affair with a daughter of Mrs. Becke.
2. How does the status of the Navy hit an all-time low?
3. Why does Pepys's plan to lead a frugal life also include some indulgence?
4. In July-December 1662, why does Pepys decide to suspend his vows against wine and plays?
5. Describe Pepys time with Lord Sandwich in July-December 1662.
6. Explain what happens when Pepys arranges the private lessons for his wife.
7. Explain Pepys's feeling about the King wearing a wig.
8. How successful is Pepys's attempt to abstain from wine?
9. What happens when Pepys tours theaters backstage?
10. How do Pepys and his wife show that they care very much about outward appearances in January-June 1661?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)