|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The birth of what causes Pepys to chide his wife?
(b) A baby.
(c) Her sister's baby.
(d) A calf.
2. What is the name of Pepys's wife's companion who lied?
(c) Lady Lord Sandwich.
3. What kind of lessons does Pepys decide to begin in July-December 1662?
4. How does Pepys revise his vows about plays in January-June, 1664?
(a) He lets go of the vows.
(b) He lets his wife out of the vows.
(c) He now allows for a monthly budget.
(d) He tightens the rules.
5. Who does Pepys send to live in the country?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wife.
(c) His dog.
(d) His maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pepys do to a man who tries to rape his wife?
2. Why was this anniversary celebrated in January-June 1660 a big deal at the time?
3. In January-June 1662, why does Will continue to get punished?
4. Who does Pepys blame for the civil unrest?
5. Who is the victim of the crime that Pepys's witnesses in January-June, 1664?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare the financial status of the Navy with the excessive spending of the Royal Family.
2. What is happening with the Navy in July-December 1664?
3. What is the gossip about the Queen in July-December 1663?
4. Describe the honoring of the Queen in January-June 1662.
5. What happens in July-December 1661 to show that Pepys and his wife still have a long way to go fashionably?
6. Why does Pepys's plan to lead a frugal life also include some indulgence?
7. What happens when Pepys sees a shepherd with his son?
8. What is Pepys's reaction to Lord Sandwich's affair with a daughter of Mrs. Becke.
9. What does the promotion mean for Pepys?
10. What causes Pepys to rejoice in January-June 1663?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)