|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sir Charles Sydly fined for his arrest?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) He is not fined.
(c) 10,000 pounds.
(d) 5,000 pounds.
2. Pepys is offered money to impregnate someone. Who offers him the money?
(b) Pepys' neighbor.
(c) Pepys's uncle.
(d) Lady Lord Sandwich.
3. Pepys continues to worry about what in July-December 1662?
(a) The King.
(b) His fashion sense.
(c) The status of the Navy and money.
(d) His wife.
4. Who takes lessons with Pepys in in January-June 1663?
(a) His wife.
(c) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
5. In January-June 1662, who is increasing their threats?
(a) The English.
(b) Only the Dutch.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The French and the Dutch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lord Sandwich having a possible affair with in July-December 1663?
2. How does Pepys celebrate having more money?
3. Why was this anniversary celebrated in January-June 1660 a big deal at the time?
4. Who does Pepys send to live in the country?
5. Who is the victim of the crime that Pepys's witnesses in January-June, 1664?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Pepys sees a shepherd with his son?
2. Describe the coronation of the King.
3. What does Pepys say about civil unrest and a previous attempt to kill the King?
4. How have price hikes affected the city residents in January-June 1668?
5. Why does the status of the Navy worry Pepys?
6. Describe Pepys's thoughts on the King's public healings of the sick.
7. What is happening with the Navy in July-December 1664?
8. Describe Pepys time with Lord Sandwich in July-December 1662.
9. What causes Pepys to rejoice in January-June 1663?
10. What does the promotion mean for Pepys?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)