|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after the incident on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
(a) No explaination is given, and they go back to sleep.
(b) The bank is closed.
(c) Pepys's wife seeks medical attention.
(d) His wife gets angry at him.
2. Every March, what does Pepys flash back to?
(a) His birthday.
(b) His time at sea.
(c) His bladder surgery.
(d) His wife's birthday.
3. What happens to Pepys's wife's companion who lied?
(a) She is fired.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She is not punished.
(d) She is beaten.
4. Who is Pepys jealous of in in January-June 1663?
(a) The King.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) His wife's dance instructor.
5. Where does Pepys attend church as the story opens?
(a) Near his home.
(b) Far away from his home.
(c) The location varies.
(d) He does not attend church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who Pepys calls do when he feels under the weather?
2. What does Pepys think of a Midsummer Night's Dream?
3. Not only is Pepys abstaining in July-December 1661, but he is striving to be what?
4. What crime does Pepys witness in January-June 1664?
5. In July-December 1661, ambassadors of which countries fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the gossip about the Queen in July-December 1663?
2. What is Pepys wanting to do with his bladder stone in July-December 1664?
3. In July-December 1662, why does Pepys decide to suspend his vows against wine and plays?
4. When does London start to return to normal?
5. Explain what happens when Pepys arranges the private lessons for his wife.
6. Describe the way that Pepys and his wife fight.
7. What does Pepys keep after cleaning in July-December 1664?
8. in January-June 1665, what are the household issues Pepys once again continues?
9. Describe the coronation of the King.
10. What happens when Pepys sees a shepherd with his son?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)