|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
(a) The play Romeo and Juliet.
(b) The country.
(d) His ugly maid.
2. Which relative of Pepys lives in the country in July-December 1661?
(a) His wife.
(b) His father.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His grandmother.
3. In July-December 1662, who else is commended besides Pepys?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(b) Pepy's servant.
(c) Pepys' wife.
(d) Lady Sandwich.
4. In July-December 1662, who is rumored to have marriage problems?
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) Lady Castlemaine.
5. When July-December 1661 opens, Pepys is abstaining from what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pepys learn to do for himself in January-June, 1664?
2. Who dies of lung cancer in March 1664?
3. What does Pepys do to a man who tries to rape his wife?
4. Who does Pepys run into one afternoon and have an affair with in July-December 1663?
5. How does Pepys revise his vows about plays in January-June, 1664?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of strange offer does Pepys get from his uncle for 500 pounds?
2. How does Pepys close his journal?
3. Describe Pepys's reaction to his new financial status in July-December 1660.
4. When does London start to return to normal?
5. Describe what we know about Pepys's interests that are described as the story opens.
6. What is Pepys wanting to do with his bladder stone in July-December 1664?
7. Describe what life on the ship is like for Pepys when he sets sail with Lord Sandwich in January-June 1660.
8. In July-December 1662, why does Pepys decide to suspend his vows against wine and plays?
9. What happens when Pepys sees a shepherd with his son?
10. What happens after the Duke of York retires from the Navy?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)