|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pepys do to a man who tries to rape his wife?
(a) He does nothing.
(b) He beats him.
(c) He kills him.
(d) He has him arrested.
2. What happens when Pepys sees that a maid has been negligent?
(a) He beats her.
(b) He does nothing.
(c) He tells his wife to deal with it.
(d) He fires her.
3. Why was Sir Charles Sydly arrested?
4. Pepys complains that a new maid hired by his wife is what?
(a) Too pretty.
(c) Too messy.
5. In his lessons in July-December 1662, what does Pepys dedicate most of his time to?
(a) Fast songs.
(d) Multiplication tables.
Short Answer Questions
1. In January-June 1662, why does Will continue to get punished?
2. What does Pepys nearly injure in January-June 1660 when firing a gun?
3. Who is the victim of the crime that Pepys's witnesses in January-June, 1664?
4. Who trusts Pepys to watch valuable jewels?
5. What does Pepys think of the King's public performances in January-June 1661?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Pepys's reaction to his new financial status in July-December 1660.
2. Pepys also admits something horrible about a crime he witnessed. What did he admit?
3. How does Pepys close his journal?
4. Explain the struggle with Pepys's wife's companions in July-December 1663.
5. Explain what happens when Pepys arranges the private lessons for his wife.
6. What happens in July-December 1661 to show that Pepys and his wife still have a long way to go fashionably?
7. Describe the state of Pepys's and his wife's relationship in July-December 1668?
8. Explain the death in the family in January-June 1664.
9. Why does Pepys attend the Catholic Mass in July-December 1662?
10. What happens after the Duke of York retires from the Navy?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)