|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which relative of Pepys lives in the country in July-December 1661?
(a) His wife.
(b) His father.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His grandmother.
2. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
(a) His ugly maid.
(b) The country.
(d) The play Romeo and Juliet.
3. Not only is Pepys abstaining in July-December 1661, but he is striving to be what?
(a) The first one to abstain from smoking.
(b) The first one to abstain from sex.
(c) The first one to abstain from bathing.
(d) The first one to abstain from wine.
4. Who dies of lung cancer in March 1664?
(a) Pepys's sister.
(b) One of the maids.
(c) Pepys's brother.
(d) Pepys's wife.
5. In July-December 1660 entries, what does the reader find out about Pepys's relationship with his wife?
(a) That Pepys has had affairs with other women.
(b) That his wife has had affairs.
(c) That they were never in love.
(d) That they both have remained loyal to his each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes lessons with Pepys in in January-June 1663?
2. Who spends time at Pepys's home grieving after the lung cancer death?
3. Who is honored with a boat parade on the Thames?
4. What is Pepys's country house called?
5. In January-June 1660, what does Pepys celebrate the anniversary of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the status of the Navy worry Pepys?
2. What is Pepys's reaction to Lord Sandwich's affair with a daughter of Mrs. Becke.
3. What is happening with Pepys relationship with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
4. What is happening with the Navy in July-December 1664?
5. Describe what we know about Pepys's interests that are described as the story opens.
6. Explain what happens when Pepys arranges the private lessons for his wife.
7. What does the promotion mean for Pepys?
8. Describe Pepys time with Lord Sandwich in July-December 1662.
9. What is Pepys wanting to do with his bladder stone in July-December 1664?
10. Explain Pepys's feeling about the King wearing a wig.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)