|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who grants the king some money for the Navy in January-June 1663?
(a) The Queen.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
(d) The Duke.
2. Who receives the promotion to Treasurer?
(b) Pepys wife.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
3. Every March, what does Pepys flash back to?
(a) His birthday.
(b) His bladder surgery.
(c) His wife's birthday.
(d) His time at sea.
4. Who does Pepys run into one afternoon and have an affair with in July-December 1663?
(a) Mrs. Lane.
(c) Lady Lord Sandwich.
5. When Pepys receives a promotion in January-June 1660, what does he become?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(b) Lord's assistant.
(c) General at sea.
(d) Lord's clerk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Pepys approve of Lord Sandwich having affairs?
2. Who trusts Pepys to watch valuable jewels?
3. What causes Pepys's worry about the financial state?
4. Who takes lessons with Pepys in in January-June 1663?
5. What gift does Pepys receive for his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. While the plague has hit London, what is happening in Pepys's and his wife's life?
2. How do the residents of London react to the fire?
3. Describe the state of Pepys's and his wife's relationship in July-December 1668?
4. What happens in July-December 1661 to show that Pepys and his wife still have a long way to go fashionably?
5. How have price hikes affected the city residents in January-June 1668?
6. What does the need for money in the Navy prompt Pepys to do?
7. What does Pepys say about civil unrest and a previous attempt to kill the King?
8. When does London start to return to normal?
9. What happens when Pepys tours theaters backstage?
10. Describe two things Pepys does in his spare time in January-June 1663.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)