|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With people either dying of the plague or leaving for the country, London looks what way?
(a) The same.
(b) As it did two years ago.
(c) Very deserted.
(d) Very full.
2. Mr. Evelyn has what encased in a glass?
(a) A bird.
(b) A coin.
(c) A bee.
(d) A boat.
3. Who retires from leading the Navy in July-December 1666?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(c) The King.
(d) The Duke of York.
4. When Pepys first hears about this emergency in July-December, 1666, what does he do?
(a) Wake ups his wife.
(b) Goes back to sleep.
(c) Finds the Royals.
(d) Runs out of his house.
5. How does Pepys feel about bribes during July-December 1664?
(a) It's OK for others, but not for him.
(b) He does not say how he feels.
(c) He returns them.
(d) He does takes them.
6. Pepys has his first visit to who in January-June 1668?
(a) A general physician.
(b) A psychic.
(c) A psychatrist.
(d) A dentist.
7. What is Pepys's excuse this time in January-June 1667 for making an exception to his vow not to drink wine?
(a) The wine will go bad.
(b) Times are tough.
(c) The weather is very cold.
(d) He wants to celebrate.
8. As the new year of 1665 starts, what does Pepys wife rebuke him for?
(a) His spending.
(b) His jealousy.
(c) His affairs.
(d) His drinking.
9. What has happened to the doctors treating those with the plague?
(a) They have died.
(b) They are all still alive.
(c) They have left out of fear.
(d) They are only treating royalty.
10. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
(a) His wife's birthday.
(b) His father's birthday.
(c) His anniversary.
(d) His birthday.
11. What does Pepys petition in January-June 1668?
(a) That his cousin be given a divorce.
(b) That the Navy get more money.
(c) That his cousin's husband's death be ruled accidental.
(d) That the war should end.
12. Who goes with Pepys on his vacation in July-December, 1667?
(a) No one.
(b) His family.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
(d) A mistress.
13. What is in jeopardy in January-June, 1665?
(a) Pepys's marriage.
(b) The King's popularity.
(c) Pepys's promotion.
(d) The status of the Navy.
14. What does Mrs. Knipp miss in January-June,1666?
(a) An interview.
(b) A party.
(c) A date.
(d) An appointment.
15. What happens when Pepys tries to flirt with an attractive woman in July-December 1667?
(a) His father scolds him.
(b) He has an affair with her.
(c) He is caught by a neighbor.
(d) His wife tries to poke him with a pin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is grass seeing growing tall after the plague hits?
2. How much is Pepys worth at the end of 1664?
3. What does the New Year bring for residents in the city in January-June 1668?
4. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
5. Which ship does Prince Rupert command?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)