|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pepys wife begin a yearly habit of collecting?
(a) Cards from doctors.
(b) Money on the street.
(c) Cards from friends.
(d) The May dew.
2. What does Pepys begin to worry about in January-June 1667?
(a) That he will be captured.
(b) That he will be poor again.
(c) That there will be another tornado.
(d) That there will be another fire.
3. What play does Pepys see in July-December, 1664?
(a) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(b) The General.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
4. Where is grass seeing growing tall after the plague hits?
(a) White Hall court.
(b) The castle.
(c) The town square.
(d) Pepys's house.
5. In July-December 1666, how long has it been since some of the Navy men were paid?
(a) Five days.
(b) Five months.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Five years.
6. Who correctly predicted The Great Fire?
(c) The King.
(d) Pepys wife.
7. Which ship does Prince Rupert command?
8. What animal does the science experiment involve that Pepys witnesses?
(a) An ox.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A horse.
9. What happens to the financial status of the Navy in January-June 1666?
(a) It stays the same.
(b) It worsens.
(c) It gets better.
(d) Pepys does not write about it.
10. What does the city do in remembrance of the fire?
(c) Holds a bonfire.
(d) Stays quiet for a day.
11. Who goes with Pepys on his vacation in July-December, 1667?
(a) A mistress.
(b) No one.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
(d) His family.
12. In July-December 1664, Pepys is seeking a case for what?
(a) His guitar.
(b) A new ring.
(c) His bladder stone.
(d) His Bible.
13. Mr. Evelyn has what encased in a glass?
(a) A boat.
(b) A bee.
(c) A coin.
(d) A bird.
14. No one can get into cemeteries except who?
(a) The very poor.
(b) The very rich.
(c) Pepys's family.
(d) Just royality.
15. After the Navy men tire of waiting to be paid, what happens?
(a) They do nothing.
(b) They threaten Pepys.
(c) They revolt.
(d) They leave the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pepys has his first visit to who in January-June 1668?
2. With people either dying of the plague or leaving for the country, London looks what way?
3. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
4. In November 1664, who does war begin between?
5. Why are several houses quarantined in January-June 1665?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)