|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which ship does Prince Rupert command?
2. What does the city do in remembrance of the fire?
(a) Holds a bonfire.
(c) Stays quiet for a day.
3. What does Pepys think of the item encased in glass?
(a) He thinks it is a scientific wonder.
(b) It thinks it is a work of art.
(c) He thinks it's a hoax.
(d) He thinks it's disgusting.
4. Where is grass seeing growing tall after the plague hits?
(a) White Hall court.
(b) The castle.
(c) The town square.
(d) Pepys's house.
5. When Pepys and his wife were poorer, the wife had to help with what chores?
(a) Dishes and laundry.
(b) Sweeping and ironing.
(c) Yard work and cooking.
(d) Washing and cooking.
6. What has happened to the doctors treating those with the plague?
(a) They have died.
(b) They have left out of fear.
(c) They are only treating royalty.
(d) They are all still alive.
7. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
(a) Another city.
(b) The fair.
(c) The town square.
(d) The circus.
8. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
(a) His father's birthday.
(b) His birthday.
(c) His anniversary.
(d) His wife's birthday.
9. In July-December 1666, how long has it been since some of the Navy men were paid?
(a) Five months.
(b) Five days.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Five years.
10. What does Pepys say his sister needs to do in July-December 1667?
(a) Get married.
(b) Move to the city.
(c) Stay in the country.
(d) Attend school.
11. Who retires from leading the Navy in July-December 1666?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(c) The Duke of York.
(d) The King.
12. When Pepys first hears about this emergency in July-December, 1666, what does he do?
(a) Wake ups his wife.
(b) Finds the Royals.
(c) Runs out of his house.
(d) Goes back to sleep.
13. What play does Pepys see in July-December, 1664?
(a) The General.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
14. With people either dying of the plague or leaving for the country, London looks what way?
(a) The same.
(b) Very full.
(c) As it did two years ago.
(d) Very deserted.
15. Who goes with Pepys on his vacation in July-December, 1667?
(a) A mistress.
(b) His family.
(c) No one.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. In July-December 1667, where does Pepys vacation?
2. As the new year of 1665 starts, what does Pepys wife rebuke him for?
3. How do the opinions of Pepys and his wife differ over the her new companion?
4. What consumes much of Pepys time in January-June, 1665?
5. Who holds a lottery in July-December 1664?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)