|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Evelyn has what encased in a glass?
(a) A bee.
(b) A coin.
(c) A bird.
(d) A boat.
2. Which ship does Prince Rupert command?
3. In July-December 1664, Pepys is seeking a case for what?
(a) His Bible.
(b) His bladder stone.
(c) A new ring.
(d) His guitar.
4. What is the sum of Pepys wealth in January-June 1666?
(a) 5,000 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 50,000 pounds.
(d) 1,500 pounds.
5. What animal does the science experiment involve that Pepys witnesses?
(a) An ox.
(b) A dog.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cat.
6. Why are several houses quarantined in January-June 1665?
(a) Because of the plague.
(b) Because of measles.
(c) Because of lice.
(d) Pepys does not explain.
7. What does Pepys petition in January-June 1668?
(a) That the war should end.
(b) That his cousin's husband's death be ruled accidental.
(c) That the Navy get more money.
(d) That his cousin be given a divorce.
8. What does the New Year bring for residents in the city in January-June 1668?
(a) Price hikes.
(c) Loss of population.
(d) Another fire.
9. When Pepys first hears about this emergency in July-December, 1666, what does he do?
(a) Finds the Royals.
(b) Runs out of his house.
(c) Goes back to sleep.
(d) Wake ups his wife.
10. What kind of problem does Pepys have with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
(a) Her fashion.
(b) Her moods.
(c) Her excessive spending.
(d) Her cooking.
11. Who correctly predicted The Great Fire?
(a) Pepys wife.
(d) The King.
12. What happened to Pepys's cousin's husband?
(a) He divorces the cousin and runs off.
(b) He throws himself into a fountain and dies.
(c) He joins the Dutch Navy.
(d) He has an affair with Pepys's wife.
13. What happens to the financial status of the Navy in January-June 1666?
(a) It worsens.
(b) Pepys does not write about it.
(c) It stays the same.
(d) It gets better.
14. What does the city do in remembrance of the fire?
(a) Stays quiet for a day.
(b) Holds a bonfire.
15. What kind of vision aid does Pepys receive?
(a) Tubes with glass in them.
(c) Regular glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the doctors treating those with the plague?
2. What does Pepys say his brother needs to do in July-December 1667?
3. What does Pepys think of the play he sees in July-December, 1664?
4. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
5. Why does Pepys wife begin collecting what she does in January-June 1667?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)