|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the doctors treating those with the plague?
(a) They have left out of fear.
(b) They are all still alive.
(c) They are only treating royalty.
(d) They have died.
2. What does Mrs. Knipp miss in January-June,1666?
(a) A party.
(b) An appointment.
(c) An interview.
(d) A date.
3. Pepys has his first visit to who in January-June 1668?
(a) A psychic.
(b) A psychatrist.
(c) A dentist.
(d) A general physician.
4. What does Pepys wife begin a yearly habit of collecting?
(a) Cards from friends.
(b) Cards from doctors.
(c) Money on the street.
(d) The May dew.
5. What does Pepys think of the play he sees in July-December, 1664?
(a) He has no opinion.
(b) He wants to star in it.
(c) It's bad.
(d) It's good.
6. Who holds a lottery in July-December 1664?
(a) The King.
(b) Sir Slingsby.
(c) The Duke.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
7. How much short are the household accounts in January-June 1665?
(a) 17 schillings.
(b) 70 schillings.
(c) Seven schillings.
(d) 77 schillings.
8. What emergency does Pepys describe for the reader in July-December 1666?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) The Great Fire of London.
(c) A tornado.
(d) The Great Rain Storm at London.
9. With people either dying of the plague or leaving for the country, London looks what way?
(a) The same.
(b) Very deserted.
(c) Very full.
(d) As it did two years ago.
10. Who claims responsibility for causing this emergency of July-December 1666?
(b) A French priest.
(c) Pepys' wife's companion.
(d) Pepys' wife.
11. When Pepys first hears about this emergency in July-December, 1666, what does he do?
(a) Runs out of his house.
(b) Goes back to sleep.
(c) Finds the Royals.
(d) Wake ups his wife.
12. When Pepys and his wife were poorer, the wife had to help with what chores?
(a) Washing and cooking.
(b) Dishes and laundry.
(c) Yard work and cooking.
(d) Sweeping and ironing.
13. What animal does the science experiment involve that Pepys witnesses?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) An ox.
14. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
(a) His birthday.
(b) His wife's birthday.
(c) His anniversary.
(d) His father's birthday.
15. Why did Mrs. Knipp miss the event she did in January-June 1666?
(a) Because she dislikes Pepys.
(b) Because she was sick.
(c) Because of her abusive husband.
(d) Because wives were not allowed to attend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in jeopardy in January-June, 1665?
2. What does the New Year bring for residents in the city in January-June 1668?
3. What consumes much of Pepys time in January-June, 1665?
4. Who returns to London to poor public support in January-June 1666?
5. In July-December, 1664, who is Pepys continuing an affair with?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)