|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the doctors treating those with the plague?
(a) They have left out of fear.
(b) They are only treating royalty.
(c) They are all still alive.
(d) They have died.
2. How long does Pepys wear a watch?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) One year.
(d) One hour.
3. How does Pepys feel about bribes during July-December 1664?
(a) He does not say how he feels.
(b) He returns them.
(c) It's OK for others, but not for him.
(d) He does takes them.
4. Who goes with Pepys on his vacation in July-December, 1667?
(a) No one.
(b) A mistress.
(c) His family.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
5. What happened to Pepys's own physician?
(a) He went to the country.
(b) He moved in next door.
(c) He died.
(d) He left town.
6. Why are several houses quarantined in January-June 1665?
(a) Because of the plague.
(b) Pepys does not explain.
(c) Because of measles.
(d) Because of lice.
7. What does the mayor enact because of the plague?
(a) A citywide curfew.
(b) A ban on drinking.
(c) A ban on going to pubs.
(d) A ban on eating vegetables.
8. Where is grass seeing growing tall after the plague hits?
(a) White Hall court.
(b) Pepys's house.
(c) The castle.
(d) The town square.
9. Who returns to London to poor public support in January-June 1666?
(a) The King.
(c) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
10. What did Pepys do to his wife in July-December 1664 that he is ashamed of ?
(a) Gave her a black eye.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Publicly humilate her.
(d) Pushed her.
11. What kind of wonder has caught the city's attention in January-June 1668?
(a) The healing of someone sick.
(b) A meteor of some sort.
(c) A rainbow.
(d) A thundercloud.
12. What does Pepys think of the item encased in glass?
(a) It thinks it is a work of art.
(b) He thinks it is a scientific wonder.
(c) He thinks it's disgusting.
(d) He thinks it's a hoax.
13. How do the opinions of Pepys and his wife differ over the her new companion?
(a) Pepys thinks she is the most beautiful person he's ever seen; his wife disagrees.
(b) Pepys thinks she is ordinary; his wife thinks she is pretty.
(c) Pepys's wife thinks she is the most beautiful person she's ever seen; he disagrees.
(d) Pepys thinks she is pretty; his wife thinks she is ordinary.
14. What consumes much of Pepys time in January-June, 1665?
(b) The business of the war.
(c) Yelling at his wife.
15. What kind of problem does Pepys have with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
(a) Her moods.
(b) Her cooking.
(c) Her fashion.
(d) Her excessive spending.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
2. What does Pepys say his sister needs to do in July-December 1667?
3. What problem does Pepys mention for the first time in July-December 1667?
4. What does Pepys say his brother needs to do in July-December 1667?
5. Who claims responsibility for causing this emergency of July-December 1666?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)