|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pepys think of the play he sees in July-December, 1664?
(a) It's good.
(b) He wants to star in it.
(c) It's bad.
(d) He has no opinion.
2. No one can get into cemeteries except who?
(a) The very rich.
(b) The very poor.
(c) Pepys's family.
(d) Just royality.
3. Who retires from leading the Navy in July-December 1666?
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) The Duke of York.
(d) The King.
4. With people either dying of the plague or leaving for the country, London looks what way?
(a) Very full.
(b) As it did two years ago.
(c) The same.
(d) Very deserted.
5. What happened to Pepys's cousin's husband?
(a) He throws himself into a fountain and dies.
(b) He has an affair with Pepys's wife.
(c) He joins the Dutch Navy.
(d) He divorces the cousin and runs off.
6. What does Pepys wife begin a yearly habit of collecting?
(a) The May dew.
(b) Cards from doctors.
(c) Cards from friends.
(d) Money on the street.
7. How long does Pepys wear a watch?
(a) One year.
(b) One hour.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
8. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
(a) His birthday.
(b) His anniversary.
(c) His father's birthday.
(d) His wife's birthday.
9. What account proves profitable and earns praise for Pepys in January-June 1665?
10. What play does Pepys see in July-December, 1664?
(a) The General.
(b) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
11. What is Pepys reasoning for only wearing the watch as long as he does?
(a) It once belonged to the King.
(b) It doesn't match his outfit.
(c) It once belonged to his brother.
(d) It's a distraction.
12. In November 1664, who does war begin between?
(a) Dutch and Germans.
(b) English and Germans.
(c) Dutch and English.
(d) French and Dutch.
13. Who claims responsibility for causing this emergency of July-December 1666?
(a) Pepys' wife's companion.
(c) A French priest.
(d) Pepys' wife.
14. How does Pepys feel about bribes during July-December 1664?
(a) He does not say how he feels.
(b) It's OK for others, but not for him.
(c) He does takes them.
(d) He returns them.
15. When Pepys first hears about this emergency in July-December, 1666, what does he do?
(a) Goes back to sleep.
(b) Wake ups his wife.
(c) Finds the Royals.
(d) Runs out of his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of problem does Pepys have with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
2. When Pepys and his wife were poorer, the wife had to help with what chores?
3. What does Mrs. Knipp miss in January-June,1666?
4. What does Pepys begin to worry about in January-June 1667?
5. Who returns to London to poor public support in January-June 1666?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)