|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pepys think of the play he sees in July-December, 1664?
(a) He wants to star in it.
(b) It's good.
(c) It's bad.
(d) He has no opinion.
2. What is Pepys's excuse this time in January-June 1667 for making an exception to his vow not to drink wine?
(a) The weather is very cold.
(b) He wants to celebrate.
(c) Times are tough.
(d) The wine will go bad.
3. What treatment does Pepys get for the second time in July-December 1668?
(a) Foot reflexology.
(b) Bladder stone surgery.
(d) A massage.
4. No one can get into cemeteries except who?
(a) Just royality.
(b) The very rich.
(c) Pepys's family.
(d) The very poor.
5. What kind of problem does Pepys have with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
(a) Her fashion.
(b) Her excessive spending.
(c) Her cooking.
(d) Her moods.
6. What does Pepys think of the item encased in glass?
(a) He thinks it's a hoax.
(b) He thinks it is a scientific wonder.
(c) It thinks it is a work of art.
(d) He thinks it's disgusting.
7. What is in jeopardy in January-June, 1665?
(a) The King's popularity.
(b) Pepys's promotion.
(c) The status of the Navy.
(d) Pepys's marriage.
8. Why are several houses quarantined in January-June 1665?
(a) Pepys does not explain.
(b) Because of the plague.
(c) Because of measles.
(d) Because of lice.
9. What account proves profitable and earns praise for Pepys in January-June 1665?
10. In July-December 1664, Pepys is seeking a case for what?
(a) His guitar.
(b) His Bible.
(c) His bladder stone.
(d) A new ring.
11. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
(a) His birthday.
(b) His father's birthday.
(c) His wife's birthday.
(d) His anniversary.
12. What has happened to the doctors treating those with the plague?
(a) They are all still alive.
(b) They have died.
(c) They are only treating royalty.
(d) They have left out of fear.
13. How long does Pepys wear a watch?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) One hour.
(d) One year.
14. How do the opinions of Pepys and his wife differ over the her new companion?
(a) Pepys thinks she is the most beautiful person he's ever seen; his wife disagrees.
(b) Pepys's wife thinks she is the most beautiful person she's ever seen; he disagrees.
(c) Pepys thinks she is pretty; his wife thinks she is ordinary.
(d) Pepys thinks she is ordinary; his wife thinks she is pretty.
15. Why does Pepys wife begin collecting what she does in January-June 1667?
(a) She becomes sentimental after the fire.
(b) She is in search of a new doctor.
(c) They need the money.
(d) It is said to be good for one's complexion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pepys feel about bribes during July-December 1664?
2. What happened to Pepys's own physician?
3. What does the mayor enact because of the plague?
4. In July-December 1667, where does Pepys vacation?
5. When Pepys and his wife were poorer, the wife had to help with what chores?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)