|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who returns to London to poor public support in January-June 1666?
(a) The King.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
(d) Lady Lord Sandwich.
2. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
(a) The fair.
(b) The town square.
(c) Another city.
(d) The circus.
3. What animal does the science experiment involve that Pepys witnesses?
(a) A cat.
(b) An ox.
(c) A horse.
(d) A dog.
4. How do the opinions of Pepys and his wife differ over the her new companion?
(a) Pepys thinks she is the most beautiful person he's ever seen; his wife disagrees.
(b) Pepys thinks she is pretty; his wife thinks she is ordinary.
(c) Pepys's wife thinks she is the most beautiful person she's ever seen; he disagrees.
(d) Pepys thinks she is ordinary; his wife thinks she is pretty.
5. What is in jeopardy in January-June, 1665?
(a) Pepys's marriage.
(b) Pepys's promotion.
(c) The status of the Navy.
(d) The King's popularity.
6. As the new year of 1665 starts, what does Pepys wife rebuke him for?
(a) His jealousy.
(b) His spending.
(c) His drinking.
(d) His affairs.
7. Mr. Evelyn has what encased in a glass?
(a) A coin.
(b) A bird.
(c) A bee.
(d) A boat.
8. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
(a) His anniversary.
(b) His father's birthday.
(c) His birthday.
(d) His wife's birthday.
9. What kind of wonder has caught the city's attention in January-June 1668?
(a) A thundercloud.
(b) A meteor of some sort.
(c) The healing of someone sick.
(d) A rainbow.
10. How does Pepys feel about bribes during July-December 1664?
(a) He does takes them.
(b) He returns them.
(c) He does not say how he feels.
(d) It's OK for others, but not for him.
11. What happened to Pepys's cousin's husband?
(a) He throws himself into a fountain and dies.
(b) He joins the Dutch Navy.
(c) He has an affair with Pepys's wife.
(d) He divorces the cousin and runs off.
12. What happens to the financial status of the Navy in January-June 1666?
(a) It stays the same.
(b) It gets better.
(c) It worsens.
(d) Pepys does not write about it.
13. What does Pepys have that is more than anyone in his family has ever had?
14. Pepys has his first visit to who in January-June 1668?
(a) A general physician.
(b) A psychic.
(c) A dentist.
(d) A psychatrist.
15. What does the mayor enact because of the plague?
(a) A citywide curfew.
(b) A ban on going to pubs.
(c) A ban on drinking.
(d) A ban on eating vegetables.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pepys and his wife were poorer, the wife had to help with what chores?
2. What kind of vision aid does Pepys receive?
3. What happened to Pepys's own physician?
4. What is Pepys's excuse this time in January-June 1667 for making an exception to his vow not to drink wine?
5. What kind of problem does Pepys have with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)