|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are several houses quarantined in January-June 1665?
(a) Because of measles.
(b) Because of lice.
(c) Pepys does not explain.
(d) Because of the plague.
2. In July-December 1667, where does Pepys vacation?
(a) In Italy.
(b) In the country.
(c) On a boat.
(d) In France.
3. What happens when Pepys attends a gambling party with friends?
(a) He lets his wife gamble.
(b) He bets a lot of money.
(c) He refuses to gamble.
(d) He bets a little money.
4. Who retires from leading the Navy in July-December 1666?
(a) The King.
(b) The Duke of York.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
5. When Pepys and his wife were poorer, the wife had to help with what chores?
(a) Washing and cooking.
(b) Dishes and laundry.
(c) Yard work and cooking.
(d) Sweeping and ironing.
6. What does Pepys think of the item encased in glass?
(a) He thinks it's disgusting.
(b) He thinks it is a scientific wonder.
(c) It thinks it is a work of art.
(d) He thinks it's a hoax.
7. What is the sum of Pepys wealth in January-June 1666?
(a) 50,000 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 1,500 pounds.
(d) 5,000 pounds.
8. How long does Pepys wear a watch?
(a) One day.
(b) One hour.
(c) One week.
(d) One year.
9. What does Pepys say his brother needs to do in July-December 1667?
(a) Get married.
(b) Stay in the country.
(c) Attend school.
(d) Move to the city.
10. In July-December 1664, Pepys is seeking a case for what?
(a) A new ring.
(b) His bladder stone.
(c) His guitar.
(d) His Bible.
11. Where is grass seeing growing tall after the plague hits?
(a) White Hall court.
(b) The town square.
(c) The castle.
(d) Pepys's house.
12. What emergency does Pepys describe for the reader in July-December 1666?
(a) The Great Fire of London.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A tornado.
(d) The Great Rain Storm at London.
13. What has happened to the doctors treating those with the plague?
(a) They are only treating royalty.
(b) They are all still alive.
(c) They have left out of fear.
(d) They have died.
14. How much short are the household accounts in January-June 1665?
(a) Seven schillings.
(b) 17 schillings.
(c) 77 schillings.
(d) 70 schillings.
15. How does Pepys feel about bribes during July-December 1664?
(a) He returns them.
(b) He does not say how he feels.
(c) It's OK for others, but not for him.
(d) He does takes them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What account proves profitable and earns praise for Pepys in January-June 1665?
2. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
3. As the new year of 1665 starts, what does Pepys wife rebuke him for?
4. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
5. Who goes with Pepys on his vacation in July-December, 1667?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)