|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With people either dying of the plague or leaving for the country, London looks what way?
(a) Very deserted.
(b) As it did two years ago.
(c) Very full.
(d) The same.
2. Which ship does Prince Rupert command?
3. What is in jeopardy in January-June, 1665?
(a) Pepys's marriage.
(b) Pepys's promotion.
(c) The status of the Navy.
(d) The King's popularity.
4. Mr. Evelyn has what encased in a glass?
(a) A bee.
(b) A bird.
(c) A boat.
(d) A coin.
5. What does Pepys begin to worry about in January-June 1667?
(a) That there will be another tornado.
(b) That there will be another fire.
(c) That he will be captured.
(d) That he will be poor again.
6. What treatment does Pepys get for the second time in July-December 1668?
(a) Bladder stone surgery.
(b) A massage.
(c) Foot reflexology.
7. What is Pepys's excuse this time in January-June 1667 for making an exception to his vow not to drink wine?
(a) He wants to celebrate.
(b) Times are tough.
(c) The weather is very cold.
(d) The wine will go bad.
8. Why did Mrs. Knipp miss the event she did in January-June 1666?
(a) Because she was sick.
(b) Because of her abusive husband.
(c) Because she dislikes Pepys.
(d) Because wives were not allowed to attend.
9. What does Pepys petition in January-June 1668?
(a) That his cousin be given a divorce.
(b) That the Navy get more money.
(c) That the war should end.
(d) That his cousin's husband's death be ruled accidental.
10. What is the sum of Pepys wealth in January-June 1666?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 5,000 pounds.
(c) 50,000 pounds.
(d) 1,500 pounds.
11. What account proves profitable and earns praise for Pepys in January-June 1665?
12. Who returns to London to poor public support in January-June 1666?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(c) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(d) The King.
13. In November 1664, who does war begin between?
(a) Dutch and English.
(b) French and Dutch.
(c) English and Germans.
(d) Dutch and Germans.
14. What has happened to the doctors treating those with the plague?
(a) They are only treating royalty.
(b) They have left out of fear.
(c) They are all still alive.
(d) They have died.
15. What happened to Pepys's cousin's husband?
(a) He throws himself into a fountain and dies.
(b) He divorces the cousin and runs off.
(c) He has an affair with Pepys's wife.
(d) He joins the Dutch Navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims responsibility for causing this emergency of July-December 1666?
2. What happened to Pepys's own physician?
3. What does Pepys have that is more than anyone in his family has ever had?
4. What does the New Year bring for residents in the city in January-June 1668?
5. What kind of wonder has caught the city's attention in January-June 1668?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)