|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much short are the household accounts in January-June 1665?
(a) 77 schillings.
(b) 17 schillings.
(c) Seven schillings.
(d) 70 schillings.
2. How does Pepys feel about bribes during July-December 1664?
(a) He returns them.
(b) It's OK for others, but not for him.
(c) He does takes them.
(d) He does not say how he feels.
3. After the Navy men tire of waiting to be paid, what happens?
(a) They threaten Pepys.
(b) They leave the country.
(c) They do nothing.
(d) They revolt.
4. Which ship does Prince Rupert command?
5. Mr. Evelyn has what encased in a glass?
(a) A bee.
(b) A boat.
(c) A coin.
(d) A bird.
6. What did Pepys do to his wife in July-December 1664 that he is ashamed of ?
(a) Publicly humilate her.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Pushed her.
(d) Gave her a black eye.
7. Why did Mrs. Knipp miss the event she did in January-June 1666?
(a) Because she dislikes Pepys.
(b) Because of her abusive husband.
(c) Because wives were not allowed to attend.
(d) Because she was sick.
8. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
(a) The town square.
(b) The fair.
(c) Another city.
(d) The circus.
9. What has happened to the doctors treating those with the plague?
(a) They are all still alive.
(b) They have left out of fear.
(c) They are only treating royalty.
(d) They have died.
10. Who returns to London in January-June 1666?
(a) Pepys father.
(b) The noblemen.
(c) The Royals.
(d) Pepys sister.
11. What does Pepys wife begin a yearly habit of collecting?
(a) The May dew.
(b) Cards from friends.
(c) Money on the street.
(d) Cards from doctors.
12. In July-December, 1664, who is Pepys continuing an affair with?
(a) Mrs. Lane.
(b) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(d) His uncle's wife.
13. What animal does the science experiment involve that Pepys witnesses?
(a) A horse.
(b) An ox.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
14. Why does Pepys wife begin collecting what she does in January-June 1667?
(a) It is said to be good for one's complexion.
(b) They need the money.
(c) She becomes sentimental after the fire.
(d) She is in search of a new doctor.
15. Who claims responsibility for causing this emergency of July-December 1666?
(a) A French priest.
(c) Pepys' wife's companion.
(d) Pepys' wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pepys think of the item encased in glass?
2. What does Pepys think of the play he sees in July-December, 1664?
3. What consumes much of Pepys time in January-June, 1665?
4. What does Pepys say his brother needs to do in July-December 1667?
5. What does the city do in remembrance of the fire?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)