|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Pepys attends a gambling party with friends?
(a) He bets a little money.
(b) He refuses to gamble.
(c) He bets a lot of money.
(d) He lets his wife gamble.
2. How do the opinions of Pepys and his wife differ over the her new companion?
(a) Pepys thinks she is pretty; his wife thinks she is ordinary.
(b) Pepys thinks she is the most beautiful person he's ever seen; his wife disagrees.
(c) Pepys's wife thinks she is the most beautiful person she's ever seen; he disagrees.
(d) Pepys thinks she is ordinary; his wife thinks she is pretty.
3. What does Mrs. Knipp miss in January-June,1666?
(a) An appointment.
(b) A date.
(c) An interview.
(d) A party.
4. What happened to Pepys's own physician?
(a) He died.
(b) He went to the country.
(c) He moved in next door.
(d) He left town.
5. What happens when Pepys tries to flirt with an attractive woman in July-December 1667?
(a) He has an affair with her.
(b) He is caught by a neighbor.
(c) His father scolds him.
(d) His wife tries to poke him with a pin.
6. Who correctly predicted The Great Fire?
(b) Pepys wife.
(d) The King.
7. Pepys has his first visit to who in January-June 1668?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A psychatrist.
(c) A psychic.
(d) A general physician.
8. In July-December, 1664, who is Pepys continuing an affair with?
(a) Mrs. Lane.
(b) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(c) His uncle's wife.
9. What does Pepys think of the item encased in glass?
(a) He thinks it's a hoax.
(b) He thinks it's disgusting.
(c) He thinks it is a scientific wonder.
(d) It thinks it is a work of art.
10. What is Pepys's excuse this time in January-June 1667 for making an exception to his vow not to drink wine?
(a) The wine will go bad.
(b) Times are tough.
(c) He wants to celebrate.
(d) The weather is very cold.
11. What kind of problem does Pepys have with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) Her fashion.
(c) Her excessive spending.
(d) Her moods.
12. What does the mayor enact because of the plague?
(a) A ban on drinking.
(b) A ban on going to pubs.
(c) A ban on eating vegetables.
(d) A citywide curfew.
13. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
(a) His father's birthday.
(b) His wife's birthday.
(c) His birthday.
(d) His anniversary.
14. When Pepys first hears about this emergency in July-December, 1666, what does he do?
(a) Finds the Royals.
(b) Runs out of his house.
(c) Goes back to sleep.
(d) Wake ups his wife.
15. Where is grass seeing growing tall after the plague hits?
(a) The castle.
(b) The town square.
(c) White Hall court.
(d) Pepys's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the doctors treating those with the plague?
2. What does Pepys have that is more than anyone in his family has ever had?
3. What kind of vision aid does Pepys receive?
4. What does Pepys say his brother needs to do in July-December 1667?
5. With people either dying of the plague or leaving for the country, London looks what way?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)