|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which ship does Prince Rupert command?
2. What is Pepys reasoning for only wearing the watch as long as he does?
(a) It's a distraction.
(b) It once belonged to the King.
(c) It once belonged to his brother.
(d) It doesn't match his outfit.
3. In July-December 1664, Pepys is seeking a case for what?
(a) His Bible.
(b) His guitar.
(c) A new ring.
(d) His bladder stone.
4. What is Pepys's excuse this time in January-June 1667 for making an exception to his vow not to drink wine?
(a) Times are tough.
(b) The wine will go bad.
(c) He wants to celebrate.
(d) The weather is very cold.
5. Where did Pepys get his watch?
(a) It was a gift.
(b) He bought it.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
(d) He stole it.
6. What kind of wonder has caught the city's attention in January-June 1668?
(a) The healing of someone sick.
(b) A rainbow.
(c) A thundercloud.
(d) A meteor of some sort.
7. What does Pepys think of the item encased in glass?
(a) It thinks it is a work of art.
(b) He thinks it's a hoax.
(c) He thinks it is a scientific wonder.
(d) He thinks it's disgusting.
8. What does the mayor enact because of the plague?
(a) A citywide curfew.
(b) A ban on drinking.
(c) A ban on eating vegetables.
(d) A ban on going to pubs.
9. What does the city do in remembrance of the fire?
(a) Holds a bonfire.
(d) Stays quiet for a day.
10. What happened to Pepys's own physician?
(a) He left town.
(b) He went to the country.
(c) He died.
(d) He moved in next door.
11. What does Pepys have that is more than anyone in his family has ever had?
12. As the new year of 1665 starts, what does Pepys wife rebuke him for?
(a) His affairs.
(b) His drinking.
(c) His spending.
(d) His jealousy.
13. What does Pepys petition in January-June 1668?
(a) That the war should end.
(b) That his cousin be given a divorce.
(c) That the Navy get more money.
(d) That his cousin's husband's death be ruled accidental.
14. What happens to the financial status of the Navy in January-June 1666?
(a) It gets better.
(b) Pepys does not write about it.
(c) It worsens.
(d) It stays the same.
15. Who returns to London in January-June 1666?
(a) The noblemen.
(b) Pepys father.
(c) The Royals.
(d) Pepys sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emergency does Pepys describe for the reader in July-December 1666?
2. How do the opinions of Pepys and his wife differ over the her new companion?
3. What happens when Pepys tries to flirt with an attractive woman in July-December 1667?
4. What is in jeopardy in January-June, 1665?
5. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)