Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
(a) His birthday.
(b) His wife's birthday.
(c) His father's birthday.
(d) His anniversary.
2. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
(a) The circus.
(b) Another city.
(c) The fair.
(d) The town square.
3. How much short are the household accounts in January-June 1665?
(a) 70 schillings.
(b) 77 schillings.
(c) 17 schillings.
(d) Seven schillings.
4. What did Pepys do to his wife in July-December 1664 that he is ashamed of ?
(a) Pushed her.
(b) Gave her a black eye.
(c) Publicly humilate her.
(d) Divorce her.
5. What does Pepys wife begin a yearly habit of collecting?
(a) The May dew.
(b) Money on the street.
(c) Cards from friends.
(d) Cards from doctors.
6. In July-December 1667, where does Pepys vacation?
(a) In Italy.
(b) In France.
(c) In the country.
(d) On a boat.
7. What does Pepys have that is more than anyone in his family has ever had?
8. How much is Pepys worth at the end of 1664?
(a) 5,000 pounds.
(b) 1,349 pounds.
(d) 1,439 pounds.
9. Who holds a lottery in July-December 1664?
(a) Sir Slingsby.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) The King.
(d) The Duke.
10. What happened to Pepys's own physician?
(a) He moved in next door.
(b) He went to the country.
(c) He left town.
(d) He died.
11. In July-December, 1664, who is Pepys continuing an affair with?
(a) His uncle's wife.
(c) Mrs. Lane.
(d) Lady Lord Sandwich.
12. What emergency does Pepys describe for the reader in July-December 1666?
(a) The Great Rain Storm at London.
(b) A tornado.
(c) The Great Fire of London.
(d) A hurricane.
13. What is the sum of Pepys wealth in January-June 1666?
(a) 50,000 pounds.
(b) 1,500 pounds.
(c) 5,000 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
14. What does Pepys petition in January-June 1668?
(a) That his cousin be given a divorce.
(b) That the Navy get more money.
(c) That the war should end.
(d) That his cousin's husband's death be ruled accidental.
15. Where is grass seeing growing tall after the plague hits?
(a) The castle.
(b) The town square.
(c) White Hall court.
(d) Pepys's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims responsibility for causing this emergency of July-December 1666?
2. No one can get into cemeteries except who?
3. What is Pepys's excuse this time in January-June 1667 for making an exception to his vow not to drink wine?
4. Why does Pepys wife begin collecting what she does in January-June 1667?
5. What does Pepys think of the item encased in glass?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)