|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of vision aid does Pepys receive?
(b) Regular glasses.
(d) Tubes with glass in them.
2. When Pepys and his wife were poorer, the wife had to help with what chores?
(a) Washing and cooking.
(b) Yard work and cooking.
(c) Dishes and laundry.
(d) Sweeping and ironing.
3. How do the opinions of Pepys and his wife differ over the her new companion?
(a) Pepys thinks she is the most beautiful person he's ever seen; his wife disagrees.
(b) Pepys thinks she is pretty; his wife thinks she is ordinary.
(c) Pepys's wife thinks she is the most beautiful person she's ever seen; he disagrees.
(d) Pepys thinks she is ordinary; his wife thinks she is pretty.
4. What does Pepys think of the play he sees in July-December, 1664?
(a) It's good.
(b) He has no opinion.
(c) It's bad.
(d) He wants to star in it.
5. With people either dying of the plague or leaving for the country, London looks what way?
(a) Very full.
(b) As it did two years ago.
(c) The same.
(d) Very deserted.
6. What happens to the financial status of the Navy in January-June 1666?
(a) Pepys does not write about it.
(b) It worsens.
(c) It gets better.
(d) It stays the same.
7. Why are several houses quarantined in January-June 1665?
(a) Pepys does not explain.
(b) Because of the plague.
(c) Because of measles.
(d) Because of lice.
8. What consumes much of Pepys time in January-June, 1665?
(a) The business of the war.
(b) Yelling at his wife.
9. Who returns to London to poor public support in January-June 1666?
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(d) The King.
10. How long does Pepys wear a watch?
(a) One year.
(b) One day.
(c) One hour.
(d) One week.
11. Who holds a lottery in July-December 1664?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(b) Sir Slingsby.
(c) The King.
(d) The Duke.
12. What treatment does Pepys get for the second time in July-December 1668?
(a) A massage.
(c) Foot reflexology.
(d) Bladder stone surgery.
13. As the new year of 1665 starts, what does Pepys wife rebuke him for?
(a) His affairs.
(b) His jealousy.
(c) His drinking.
(d) His spending.
14. What happened to Pepys's own physician?
(a) He died.
(b) He went to the country.
(c) He left town.
(d) He moved in next door.
15. What did Pepys do to his wife in July-December 1664 that he is ashamed of ?
(a) Gave her a black eye.
(b) Pushed her.
(c) Publicly humilate her.
(d) Divorce her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Evelyn has what encased in a glass?
2. What does Pepys petition in January-June 1668?
3. What is in jeopardy in January-June, 1665?
4. What happens when Pepys attends a gambling party with friends?
5. In July-December 1664, Pepys is seeking a case for what?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)