|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pepys petition in January-June 1668?
(a) That the Navy get more money.
(b) That the war should end.
(c) That his cousin be given a divorce.
(d) That his cousin's husband's death be ruled accidental.
2. What happened to Pepys's cousin's husband?
(a) He joins the Dutch Navy.
(b) He has an affair with Pepys's wife.
(c) He divorces the cousin and runs off.
(d) He throws himself into a fountain and dies.
3. What did Pepys do to his wife in July-December 1664 that he is ashamed of ?
(a) Divorce her.
(b) Publicly humilate her.
(c) Gave her a black eye.
(d) Pushed her.
4. How do the opinions of Pepys and his wife differ over the her new companion?
(a) Pepys thinks she is pretty; his wife thinks she is ordinary.
(b) Pepys thinks she is the most beautiful person he's ever seen; his wife disagrees.
(c) Pepys thinks she is ordinary; his wife thinks she is pretty.
(d) Pepys's wife thinks she is the most beautiful person she's ever seen; he disagrees.
5. As the new year of 1665 starts, what does Pepys wife rebuke him for?
(a) His affairs.
(b) His jealousy.
(c) His drinking.
(d) His spending.
6. In July-December 1664, Pepys is seeking a case for what?
(a) His bladder stone.
(b) His Bible.
(c) His guitar.
(d) A new ring.
7. Pepys has his first visit to who in January-June 1668?
(a) A psychic.
(b) A psychatrist.
(c) A dentist.
(d) A general physician.
8. What does Pepys think of the item encased in glass?
(a) He thinks it is a scientific wonder.
(b) It thinks it is a work of art.
(c) He thinks it's disgusting.
(d) He thinks it's a hoax.
9. What happened to Pepys's own physician?
(a) He died.
(b) He left town.
(c) He went to the country.
(d) He moved in next door.
10. Which ship does Prince Rupert command?
11. What emergency does Pepys describe for the reader in July-December 1666?
(a) The Great Rain Storm at London.
(b) The Great Fire of London.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A hurricane.
12. In July-December 1666, how long has it been since some of the Navy men were paid?
(a) Five days.
(b) Five hours.
(c) Five years.
(d) Five months.
13. After the Navy men tire of waiting to be paid, what happens?
(a) They leave the country.
(b) They threaten Pepys.
(c) They do nothing.
(d) They revolt.
14. With people either dying of the plague or leaving for the country, London looks what way?
(a) The same.
(b) As it did two years ago.
(c) Very deserted.
(d) Very full.
15. When Pepys first hears about this emergency in July-December, 1666, what does he do?
(a) Wake ups his wife.
(b) Runs out of his house.
(c) Goes back to sleep.
(d) Finds the Royals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What play does Pepys see in July-December, 1664?
2. What account proves profitable and earns praise for Pepys in January-June 1665?
3. How much short are the household accounts in January-June 1665?
4. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
5. What does Pepys say his sister needs to do in July-December 1667?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)