|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pepys wife begin collecting what she does in January-June 1667?
(a) She becomes sentimental after the fire.
(b) It is said to be good for one's complexion.
(c) They need the money.
(d) She is in search of a new doctor.
2. What does Mrs. Knipp miss in January-June,1666?
(a) A date.
(b) An appointment.
(c) A party.
(d) An interview.
3. What does Pepys petition in January-June 1668?
(a) That the Navy get more money.
(b) That his cousin be given a divorce.
(c) That the war should end.
(d) That his cousin's husband's death be ruled accidental.
4. What kind of vision aid does Pepys receive?
(a) Tubes with glass in them.
(d) Regular glasses.
5. Pepys has his first visit to who in January-June 1668?
(a) A psychic.
(b) A general physician.
(c) A psychatrist.
(d) A dentist.
6. How do the opinions of Pepys and his wife differ over the her new companion?
(a) Pepys thinks she is the most beautiful person he's ever seen; his wife disagrees.
(b) Pepys thinks she is pretty; his wife thinks she is ordinary.
(c) Pepys's wife thinks she is the most beautiful person she's ever seen; he disagrees.
(d) Pepys thinks she is ordinary; his wife thinks she is pretty.
7. What is Pepys reasoning for only wearing the watch as long as he does?
(a) It doesn't match his outfit.
(b) It's a distraction.
(c) It once belonged to his brother.
(d) It once belonged to the King.
8. Who claims responsibility for causing this emergency of July-December 1666?
(b) Pepys' wife.
(c) A French priest.
(d) Pepys' wife's companion.
9. What does the mayor enact because of the plague?
(a) A ban on eating vegetables.
(b) A citywide curfew.
(c) A ban on going to pubs.
(d) A ban on drinking.
10. What is Pepys's excuse this time in January-June 1667 for making an exception to his vow not to drink wine?
(a) The wine will go bad.
(b) He wants to celebrate.
(c) Times are tough.
(d) The weather is very cold.
11. No one can get into cemeteries except who?
(a) The very rich.
(b) Pepys's family.
(c) Just royality.
(d) The very poor.
12. How much short are the household accounts in January-June 1665?
(a) 70 schillings.
(b) Seven schillings.
(c) 77 schillings.
(d) 17 schillings.
13. What has happened to the doctors treating those with the plague?
(a) They are all still alive.
(b) They have left out of fear.
(c) They are only treating royalty.
(d) They have died.
14. Who retires from leading the Navy in July-December 1666?
(b) The Duke of York.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
(d) The King.
15. Where did Pepys get his watch?
(a) He bought it.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) He stole it.
(d) It was a gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emergency does Pepys describe for the reader in July-December 1666?
2. What does Pepys think of the item encased in glass?
3. Which ship does Prince Rupert command?
4. What does the New Year bring for residents in the city in January-June 1668?
5. What animal does the science experiment involve that Pepys witnesses?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)