|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pepys and his wife were poorer, the wife had to help with what chores?
(a) Yard work and cooking.
(b) Washing and cooking.
(c) Dishes and laundry.
(d) Sweeping and ironing.
2. What does Pepys have that is more than anyone in his family has ever had?
3. Pepys has his first visit to who in January-June 1668?
(a) A general physician.
(b) A psychatrist.
(c) A dentist.
(d) A psychic.
4. How long does Pepys wear a watch?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) One hour.
(d) One year.
5. What happens when Pepys tries to flirt with an attractive woman in July-December 1667?
(a) His wife tries to poke him with a pin.
(b) He is caught by a neighbor.
(c) He has an affair with her.
(d) His father scolds him.
6. What does Pepys begin to worry about in January-June 1667?
(a) That he will be poor again.
(b) That there will be another tornado.
(c) That there will be another fire.
(d) That he will be captured.
7. What kind of vision aid does Pepys receive?
(a) Regular glasses.
(c) Tubes with glass in them.
8. What does Pepys say his brother needs to do in July-December 1667?
(a) Get married.
(b) Attend school.
(c) Stay in the country.
(d) Move to the city.
9. How does Pepys feel about bribes during July-December 1664?
(a) He returns them.
(b) He does takes them.
(c) He does not say how he feels.
(d) It's OK for others, but not for him.
10. What does the city do in remembrance of the fire?
(a) Holds a bonfire.
(b) Stays quiet for a day.
11. Why are several houses quarantined in January-June 1665?
(a) Because of measles.
(b) Pepys does not explain.
(c) Because of lice.
(d) Because of the plague.
12. What animal does the science experiment involve that Pepys witnesses?
(a) A dog.
(b) An ox.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cat.
13. What is in jeopardy in January-June, 1665?
(a) The King's popularity.
(b) Pepys's marriage.
(c) Pepys's promotion.
(d) The status of the Navy.
14. Why did Mrs. Knipp miss the event she did in January-June 1666?
(a) Because wives were not allowed to attend.
(b) Because she was sick.
(c) Because of her abusive husband.
(d) Because she dislikes Pepys.
15. As the new year of 1665 starts, what does Pepys wife rebuke him for?
(a) His jealousy.
(b) His spending.
(c) His drinking.
(d) His affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the New Year bring for residents in the city in January-June 1668?
2. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
3. What play does Pepys see in July-December, 1664?
4. What does Pepys think of the play he sees in July-December, 1664?
5. Mr. Evelyn has what encased in a glass?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)