|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pepys have that is more than anyone in his family has ever had?
2. Why does Pepys wife begin collecting what she does in January-June 1667?
(a) She is in search of a new doctor.
(b) They need the money.
(c) She becomes sentimental after the fire.
(d) It is said to be good for one's complexion.
3. What does Mrs. Knipp miss in January-June,1666?
(a) A date.
(b) An interview.
(c) A party.
(d) An appointment.
4. With people either dying of the plague or leaving for the country, London looks what way?
(a) Very deserted.
(b) The same.
(c) Very full.
(d) As it did two years ago.
5. In July-December 1666, how long has it been since some of the Navy men were paid?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Five days.
(c) Five months.
(d) Five years.
6. What emergency does Pepys describe for the reader in July-December 1666?
(a) A tornado.
(b) The Great Fire of London.
(c) The Great Rain Storm at London.
(d) A hurricane.
7. What play does Pepys see in July-December, 1664?
(a) The General.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
8. What did Pepys do to his wife in July-December 1664 that he is ashamed of ?
(a) Publicly humilate her.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Gave her a black eye.
(d) Pushed her.
9. When Pepys first hears about this emergency in July-December, 1666, what does he do?
(a) Runs out of his house.
(b) Wake ups his wife.
(c) Finds the Royals.
(d) Goes back to sleep.
10. Who goes with Pepys on his vacation in July-December, 1667?
(a) No one.
(b) His family.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
(d) A mistress.
11. No one can get into cemeteries except who?
(a) The very poor.
(b) Just royality.
(c) The very rich.
(d) Pepys's family.
12. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
(a) His anniversary.
(b) His wife's birthday.
(c) His father's birthday.
(d) His birthday.
13. Which ship does Prince Rupert command?
14. Why are several houses quarantined in January-June 1665?
(a) Pepys does not explain.
(b) Because of the plague.
(c) Because of lice.
(d) Because of measles.
15. How does Pepys feel about bribes during July-December 1664?
(a) He does not say how he feels.
(b) He returns them.
(c) It's OK for others, but not for him.
(d) He does takes them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the opinions of Pepys and his wife differ over the her new companion?
2. Who retires from leading the Navy in July-December 1666?
3. What kind of problem does Pepys have with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
4. What consumes much of Pepys time in January-June, 1665?
5. In July-December 1664, Pepys is seeking a case for what?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)