Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
(a) Another city.
(b) The town square.
(c) The circus.
(d) The fair.
2. As the new year of 1665 starts, what does Pepys wife rebuke him for?
(a) His jealousy.
(b) His spending.
(c) His affairs.
(d) His drinking.
3. What does Pepys wife begin a yearly habit of collecting?
(a) Cards from doctors.
(b) Cards from friends.
(c) Money on the street.
(d) The May dew.
4. What happens when Pepys attends a gambling party with friends?
(a) He bets a lot of money.
(b) He bets a little money.
(c) He lets his wife gamble.
(d) He refuses to gamble.
5. How long does Pepys wear a watch?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) One hour.
(d) One year.
6. In November 1664, who does war begin between?
(a) English and Germans.
(b) Dutch and Germans.
(c) French and Dutch.
(d) Dutch and English.
7. What animal does the science experiment involve that Pepys witnesses?
(a) An ox.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
8. In July-December 1667, where does Pepys vacation?
(a) In France.
(b) On a boat.
(c) In Italy.
(d) In the country.
9. In July-December, 1664, who is Pepys continuing an affair with?
(a) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(b) His uncle's wife.
(c) Mrs. Lane.
10. What happens to the financial status of the Navy in January-June 1666?
(a) It worsens.
(b) It gets better.
(c) Pepys does not write about it.
(d) It stays the same.
11. Which ship does Prince Rupert command?
12. Where did Pepys get his watch?
(a) It was a gift.
(b) He bought it.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
(d) He stole it.
13. What problem does Pepys mention for the first time in July-December 1667?
(a) His vision.
(b) His leg.
(c) His heart.
(d) His bladder stone.
14. What happened to Pepys's cousin's husband?
(a) He joins the Dutch Navy.
(b) He has an affair with Pepys's wife.
(c) He divorces the cousin and runs off.
(d) He throws himself into a fountain and dies.
15. What kind of wonder has caught the city's attention in January-June 1668?
(a) A meteor of some sort.
(b) A rainbow.
(c) A thundercloud.
(d) The healing of someone sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. In July-December 1666, how long has it been since some of the Navy men were paid?
2. What does Pepys think of the item encased in glass?
3. Who returns to London in January-June 1666?
4. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
5. When Pepys and his wife were poorer, the wife had to help with what chores?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)