|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pepys wife begin a yearly habit of collecting?
(a) Cards from doctors.
(b) The May dew.
(c) Money on the street.
(d) Cards from friends.
2. No one can get into cemeteries except who?
(a) Just royality.
(b) Pepys's family.
(c) The very poor.
(d) The very rich.
3. Who goes with Pepys on his vacation in July-December, 1667?
(a) A mistress.
(b) His family.
(c) No one.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
4. What does Pepys say his brother needs to do in July-December 1667?
(a) Stay in the country.
(b) Attend school.
(c) Move to the city.
(d) Get married.
5. In July-December 1666, how long has it been since some of the Navy men were paid?
(a) Five years.
(b) Five days.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Five months.
6. What has happened to the doctors treating those with the plague?
(a) They have left out of fear.
(b) They are all still alive.
(c) They have died.
(d) They are only treating royalty.
7. When Pepys first hears about this emergency in July-December, 1666, what does he do?
(a) Runs out of his house.
(b) Wake ups his wife.
(c) Finds the Royals.
(d) Goes back to sleep.
8. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
(a) His anniversary.
(b) His birthday.
(c) His father's birthday.
(d) His wife's birthday.
9. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
(a) The fair.
(b) The town square.
(c) Another city.
(d) The circus.
10. Who correctly predicted The Great Fire?
(c) The King.
(d) Pepys wife.
11. Why did Mrs. Knipp miss the event she did in January-June 1666?
(a) Because she dislikes Pepys.
(b) Because she was sick.
(c) Because of her abusive husband.
(d) Because wives were not allowed to attend.
12. Why are several houses quarantined in January-June 1665?
(a) Because of lice.
(b) Because of measles.
(c) Because of the plague.
(d) Pepys does not explain.
13. What happened to Pepys's cousin's husband?
(a) He joins the Dutch Navy.
(b) He divorces the cousin and runs off.
(c) He throws himself into a fountain and dies.
(d) He has an affair with Pepys's wife.
14. What treatment does Pepys get for the second time in July-December 1668?
(a) Foot reflexology.
(c) Bladder stone surgery.
(d) A massage.
15. What does Pepys have that is more than anyone in his family has ever had?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pepys feel about bribes during July-December 1664?
2. What is in jeopardy in January-June, 1665?
3. What play does Pepys see in July-December, 1664?
4. Pepys has his first visit to who in January-June 1668?
5. When Pepys and his wife were poorer, the wife had to help with what chores?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)