|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Pepys tries to flirt with an attractive woman in July-December 1667?
(a) He is caught by a neighbor.
(b) His father scolds him.
(c) He has an affair with her.
(d) His wife tries to poke him with a pin.
2. Why are several houses quarantined in January-June 1665?
(a) Because of measles.
(b) Because of the plague.
(c) Pepys does not explain.
(d) Because of lice.
3. Where is grass seeing growing tall after the plague hits?
(a) The town square.
(b) Pepys's house.
(c) The castle.
(d) White Hall court.
4. What does the New Year bring for residents in the city in January-June 1668?
(a) Price hikes.
(b) Another fire.
(d) Loss of population.
5. What kind of problem does Pepys have with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
(a) Her fashion.
(b) Her excessive spending.
(c) Her cooking.
(d) Her moods.
6. What does Pepys have that is more than anyone in his family has ever had?
7. What kind of wonder has caught the city's attention in January-June 1668?
(a) A thundercloud.
(b) A rainbow.
(c) A meteor of some sort.
(d) The healing of someone sick.
8. What emergency does Pepys describe for the reader in July-December 1666?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) The Great Rain Storm at London.
(c) A tornado.
(d) The Great Fire of London.
9. What happened to Pepys's cousin's husband?
(a) He throws himself into a fountain and dies.
(b) He divorces the cousin and runs off.
(c) He has an affair with Pepys's wife.
(d) He joins the Dutch Navy.
10. How much is Pepys worth at the end of 1664?
(a) 1,349 pounds.
(b) 1,439 pounds.
(c) 5,000 pounds.
11. How long does Pepys wear a watch?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) One hour.
(d) One day.
12. What animal does the science experiment involve that Pepys witnesses?
(a) A horse.
(b) An ox.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
13. What consumes much of Pepys time in January-June, 1665?
(c) Yelling at his wife.
(d) The business of the war.
14. When Pepys first hears about this emergency in July-December, 1666, what does he do?
(a) Wake ups his wife.
(b) Finds the Royals.
(c) Goes back to sleep.
(d) Runs out of his house.
15. In July-December, 1664, who is Pepys continuing an affair with?
(a) Mrs. Lane.
(b) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(d) His uncle's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. No one can get into cemeteries except who?
2. With people either dying of the plague or leaving for the country, London looks what way?
3. How much short are the household accounts in January-June 1665?
4. Who holds a lottery in July-December 1664?
5. What kind of vision aid does Pepys receive?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)