|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pepys first hears about this emergency in July-December, 1666, what does he do?
(a) Wake ups his wife.
(b) Finds the Royals.
(c) Runs out of his house.
(d) Goes back to sleep.
2. Who retires from leading the Navy in July-December 1666?
(b) The King.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
(d) The Duke of York.
3. What happens to the financial status of the Navy in January-June 1666?
(a) It stays the same.
(b) It worsens.
(c) It gets better.
(d) Pepys does not write about it.
4. What treatment does Pepys get for the second time in July-December 1668?
(a) Foot reflexology.
(c) Bladder stone surgery.
(d) A massage.
5. What does Pepys petition in January-June 1668?
(a) That the war should end.
(b) That his cousin be given a divorce.
(c) That the Navy get more money.
(d) That his cousin's husband's death be ruled accidental.
6. What happens when Pepys attends a gambling party with friends?
(a) He bets a little money.
(b) He lets his wife gamble.
(c) He bets a lot of money.
(d) He refuses to gamble.
7. What does Pepys wife begin a yearly habit of collecting?
(a) The May dew.
(b) Money on the street.
(c) Cards from friends.
(d) Cards from doctors.
8. In July-December 1667, where does Pepys vacation?
(a) In France.
(b) In the country.
(c) In Italy.
(d) On a boat.
9. In July-December 1664, Pepys is seeking a case for what?
(a) His guitar.
(b) A new ring.
(c) His Bible.
(d) His bladder stone.
10. Why did Mrs. Knipp miss the event she did in January-June 1666?
(a) Because she dislikes Pepys.
(b) Because of her abusive husband.
(c) Because she was sick.
(d) Because wives were not allowed to attend.
11. What did Pepys do to his wife in July-December 1664 that he is ashamed of ?
(a) Publicly humilate her.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Gave her a black eye.
(d) Pushed her.
12. What problem does Pepys mention for the first time in July-December 1667?
(a) His bladder stone.
(b) His vision.
(c) His heart.
(d) His leg.
13. Who correctly predicted The Great Fire?
(a) Pepys wife.
(c) The King.
14. What does the city do in remembrance of the fire?
(a) Holds a bonfire.
(d) Stays quiet for a day.
15. What does the mayor enact because of the plague?
(a) A ban on going to pubs.
(b) A ban on drinking.
(c) A ban on eating vegetables.
(d) A citywide curfew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pepys see the tightrope walkers?
2. What does Pepys say his brother needs to do in July-December 1667?
3. When Pepys and his wife were poorer, the wife had to help with what chores?
4. Where is grass seeing growing tall after the plague hits?
5. What kind of problem does Pepys have with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)