|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is Pepys worth at the end of 1664?
(a) 1,439 pounds.
(b) 1,349 pounds.
(d) 5,000 pounds.
2. What emergency does Pepys describe for the reader in July-December 1666?
(a) The Great Rain Storm at London.
(b) The Great Fire of London.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A hurricane.
3. What is the sum of Pepys wealth in January-June 1666?
(a) 5,000 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 1,500 pounds.
(d) 50,000 pounds.
4. Who retires from leading the Navy in July-December 1666?
(a) The Duke of York.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
(d) The King.
5. What does the New Year bring for residents in the city in January-June 1668?
(b) Another fire.
(c) Price hikes.
(d) Loss of population.
6. When Pepys and his wife were poorer, the wife had to help with what chores?
(a) Sweeping and ironing.
(b) Washing and cooking.
(c) Dishes and laundry.
(d) Yard work and cooking.
7. What animal does the science experiment involve that Pepys witnesses?
(a) A horse.
(b) A dog.
(c) An ox.
(d) A cat.
8. In July-December, 1664, who is Pepys continuing an affair with?
(b) His uncle's wife.
(c) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(d) Mrs. Lane.
9. In July-December 1666, how long has it been since some of the Navy men were paid?
(a) Five months.
(b) Five days.
(c) Five years.
(d) Five hours.
10. What happens to the financial status of the Navy in January-June 1666?
(a) It gets better.
(b) Pepys does not write about it.
(c) It worsens.
(d) It stays the same.
11. What does Pepys petition in January-June 1668?
(a) That his cousin's husband's death be ruled accidental.
(b) That the Navy get more money.
(c) That the war should end.
(d) That his cousin be given a divorce.
12. What kind of problem does Pepys have with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
(a) Her fashion.
(b) Her moods.
(c) Her cooking.
(d) Her excessive spending.
13. Pepys has his first visit to who in January-June 1668?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A psychic.
(c) A general physician.
(d) A psychatrist.
14. In July-December 1667, where does Pepys vacation?
(a) In Italy.
(b) In France.
(c) In the country.
(d) On a boat.
15. Who returns to London to poor public support in January-June 1666?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(c) The King.
(d) Lady Lord Sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pepys wife begin a yearly habit of collecting?
2. Who claims responsibility for causing this emergency of July-December 1666?
3. What happens when Pepys attends a gambling party with friends?
4. What happened to Pepys's own physician?
5. What does Pepys have that is more than anyone in his family has ever had?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)