|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Pepys get his watch?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(b) It was a gift.
(c) He stole it.
(d) He bought it.
2. What animal does the science experiment involve that Pepys witnesses?
(a) A cat.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) An ox.
3. Why does Pepys wife begin collecting what she does in January-June 1667?
(a) She becomes sentimental after the fire.
(b) She is in search of a new doctor.
(c) They need the money.
(d) It is said to be good for one's complexion.
4. What is Pepys reasoning for only wearing the watch as long as he does?
(a) It doesn't match his outfit.
(b) It's a distraction.
(c) It once belonged to the King.
(d) It once belonged to his brother.
5. With people either dying of the plague or leaving for the country, London looks what way?
(a) Very full.
(b) As it did two years ago.
(c) Very deserted.
(d) The same.
6. What is the sum of Pepys wealth in January-June 1666?
(a) 1,500 pounds.
(b) 50,000 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 5,000 pounds.
7. What is Pepys's excuse this time in January-June 1667 for making an exception to his vow not to drink wine?
(a) The weather is very cold.
(b) The wine will go bad.
(c) He wants to celebrate.
(d) Times are tough.
8. What does Pepys think of the item encased in glass?
(a) He thinks it is a scientific wonder.
(b) He thinks it's disgusting.
(c) He thinks it's a hoax.
(d) It thinks it is a work of art.
9. What account proves profitable and earns praise for Pepys in January-June 1665?
10. In November 1664, who does war begin between?
(a) Dutch and English.
(b) Dutch and Germans.
(c) English and Germans.
(d) French and Dutch.
11. What happened to Pepys's own physician?
(a) He died.
(b) He moved in next door.
(c) He went to the country.
(d) He left town.
12. Who returns to London in January-June 1666?
(a) Pepys father.
(b) The Royals.
(c) The noblemen.
(d) Pepys sister.
13. After the Navy men tire of waiting to be paid, what happens?
(a) They leave the country.
(b) They do nothing.
(c) They revolt.
(d) They threaten Pepys.
14. Who goes with Pepys on his vacation in July-December, 1667?
(a) His family.
(b) No one.
(c) A mistress.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
15. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
(a) His father's birthday.
(b) His wife's birthday.
(c) His anniversary.
(d) His birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Pepys wear a watch?
2. Where is grass seeing growing tall after the plague hits?
3. What does Pepys begin to worry about in January-June 1667?
4. Why did Mrs. Knipp miss the event she did in January-June 1666?
5. What does Pepys say his brother needs to do in July-December 1667?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)