|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In January-June 1662, why does Will continue to get punished?
(a) He does not show up to work.
(b) For not sending messages.
(c) For dropping things.
(d) For attitude infractions and stealing.
2. In July-December 1662, who commends Pepys?
(a) Lady Sandwich.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) The King.
(d) The Duke of York.
3. What happens to those involved in resistance against the Royals?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They are hanged and quartered.
(c) They are run out of town.
(d) They are put on trial, but later released.
4. What kind of lessons does Pepys decide to begin in July-December 1662?
5. What does Pepys's new job require in January-June 1660?
(a) That he go to sea.
(b) That he will work longer hours but still come home at night.
(c) That is must move to another country with Lord Sandwich.
(d) That he stay on land.
6. What does Pepys admit about the victim in the crime that he witnesses?
(a) That he never liked the murder victim.
(b) That he wishes he was in the rapist's place.
(c) That he wishes he was setting fire in the arson.
(d) That the victim deserved to be robbed.
7. Due to Pepys's position with the government in January-June 1660, what does he get propositioned with right away?
(d) New job offers.
8. What happens on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
(a) He hits his wife in the nose.
(b) He falls out of bed.
(c) He goes to the bank.
(d) He hates himself for not meeting last year's resolutions.
9. What does Pepys do for cheaper entertainment in January-June, 1664?
(a) Invite friends over.
(b) Go to the country.
(c) Stay at home.
(d) Attend the Hanging of Turner.
10. Pepys continues to worry about what in July-December 1662?
(a) His wife.
(b) His fashion sense.
(c) The status of the Navy and money.
(d) The King.
11. At church, what does Pepys do after sermons?
(a) He greets church members.
(b) He rates them as to whether he likes them or not.
(c) He eats a hearty lunch.
(d) He goes to the King.
12. What does Pepys think of a Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) He likes it.
(b) He does not like it.
(c) He does not give an opinion.
(d) He didn't see it.
13. Where does Pepys attend church as the story opens?
(a) He does not attend church.
(b) The location varies.
(c) Near his home.
(d) Far away from his home.
14. Who takes singing lessons?
(a) Pepys's wife.
(b) Pepys' maid.
(d) The King.
15. In his plan to be frugal in January-June 1662, what is an indulgence Pepys will allow?
(c) Puppet shows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Pepys's wife does with her appearance in January-June 1661?
2. The birth of what causes Pepys to chide his wife?
3. In anger, what does Pepys rip up in January -June 1663
4. Why does Pepys order a wig from his barber?
5. What happens when Pepys tries to replace his wife's companion who lied?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)