|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pepys do with the gift he receives for his wife?
(a) Gives it to a mistress.
(b) Keeps it for himself.
(c) Gives it to his sister.
(d) Gives it to Lady Lord Sandwich.
2. Does Pepys approve of Lord Sandwich having affairs?
(c) He approves, but tells him to stop anyhow.
(d) He has no opinion.
3. Pepys continues to worry about what in July-December 1662?
(a) His fashion sense.
(b) The status of the Navy and money.
(c) The King.
(d) His wife.
4. What happens to Pepys's wife's companion who lied?
(a) She is fired.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She is beaten.
(d) She is not punished.
5. Who spends time at Pepys's home grieving after the lung cancer death?
(a) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(c) Pepys's father.
(d) Pepys's wife.
6. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
(a) President's Day.
(b) Valentine's Day.
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
7. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
(b) The country.
(c) His ugly maid.
(d) The play Romeo and Juliet.
8. What does the person who Pepys calls do when he feels under the weather?
(a) Gives him a pep talk.
(b) Gives him a massage.
(c) Gives him a day off.
(d) Performs bloodletting.
9. What does Pepys think of a Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) He does not give an opinion.
(b) He likes it.
(c) He does not like it.
(d) He didn't see it.
10. What is one thing Pepys's wife does with her appearance in January-June 1661?
(a) She lets her eyebrows grow out.
(b) She dyes her hair.
(c) She gets her teeth done.
(d) She gets a sword to wear as an accessory.
11. Who dies of lung cancer in March 1664?
(a) One of the maids.
(b) Pepys's wife.
(c) Pepys's sister.
(d) Pepys's brother.
12. For his wife in in January-June 1663, Pepys arranges what?
(a) A companion.
(b) A new home.
(c) Private lessons.
(d) A new maid.
13. What gift does Pepys receive for his wife?
(d) Gloves and gold pieces.
14. In July-December 1661, ambassadors of which countries fight?
(a) Spain and Germany.
(b) France and Germany.
(c) Germany and England.
(d) France and Spain.
15. Who praises Pepys for his new home and the status it brings?
(a) His wife.
(b) The Lord.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In January-June 1662, who is increasing their threats?
2. In July-December 1662, who commends Pepys?
3. Who is the victim of the crime that Pepys's witnesses in January-June, 1664?
4. What brings Pepys to the person who holds the final authority over the Navy in July -December 1661?
5. What does Pepys admit to doing in some of his meetings with the person who has final authority over the Navy?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)