|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes lessons with Pepys in in January-June 1663?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(b) His wife.
(d) Lady Lord Sandwich.
2. Why was this anniversary celebrated in January-June 1660 a big deal at the time?
(a) It was a symbol of strength.
(b) It was considered major surgery then.
(c) It was tradition to celebrate any surgery survival.
(d) Just because Pepys wanted to feel important.
3. Why does Pepys order a wig from his barber?
(a) Because his wife wants him to.
(b) Because the Duke has one.
(c) Because he is balding.
(d) Because he hears the King is wearing one.
4. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
(a) President's Day.
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
(d) Valentine's Day.
5. In January-June 1662, why does Will continue to get punished?
(a) For attitude infractions and stealing.
(b) For dropping things.
(c) For not sending messages.
(d) He does not show up to work.
6. What does Pepys learn to do for himself in January-June, 1664?
(a) Clean his teeth.
(c) Buy clothes.
(d) Tell jokes.
7. How much does Pepys go into the funeral description of someone who died of lung cancer?
(a) At length.
(b) He says a little bit, but tells us there will be more later.
(c) He only says a little bit.
(d) He says nothing.
8. In July-December 1662, Pepys wife asks for what?
(a) A pet.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A female companion.
(d) A new house.
9. In his lessons in July-December 1662, what does Pepys dedicate most of his time to?
(a) Multiplication tables.
(b) Fast songs.
10. Who does Pepys run into one afternoon and have an affair with in July-December 1663?
(a) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(b) Mrs. Lane.
11. In July-December 1662, who commends Pepys?
(a) The King.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) Lady Sandwich.
(d) The Duke of York.
12. The birth of what causes Pepys to chide his wife?
(a) A baby.
(b) Her sister's baby.
(d) A calf.
13. What does Pepys do each March?
(a) Throw a celebration for the king.
(b) Go into hiding.
(c) Throw a celebration to honor those who were there for him.
(d) Throw a party for his wife.
14. When Pepys receives a promotion in January-June 1660, what does he become?
(a) Lord's clerk.
(b) General at sea.
(c) Lord's assistant.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
15. When July-December 1661 opens, Pepys is abstaining from what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In January-June 1663, what kind of lesson does Pepys take?
2. In January-June 1661, what does the King perform publicly that makes him leave quite an impression with the public?
3. What gift does Pepys receive for his wife?
4. In January-June 1661, what does Pepys reveal about the King?
5. Why was Sir Charles Sydly arrested?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)