|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
(b) The country.
(c) His ugly maid.
(d) The play Romeo and Juliet.
2. What actually happens to the buried money?
(a) They find it, but lose it.
(b) They never find it; it is a hoax.
(c) The give it to charity.
(d) It goes to the King and Duke as promised.
3. Whose rituals does Pepys think are absurd?
4. In July-December 1661, ambassadors of which countries fight?
(a) France and Spain.
(b) Germany and England.
(c) Spain and Germany.
(d) France and Germany.
5. What happens on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
(a) He hates himself for not meeting last year's resolutions.
(b) He falls out of bed.
(c) He hits his wife in the nose.
(d) He goes to the bank.
6. What does Pepys admit about the victim in the crime that he witnesses?
(a) That the victim deserved to be robbed.
(b) That he never liked the murder victim.
(c) That he wishes he was in the rapist's place.
(d) That he wishes he was setting fire in the arson.
7. Who takes singing lessons?
(b) Pepys' maid.
(c) Pepys's wife.
(d) The King.
8. Who grants the king some money for the Navy in January-June 1663?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The Queen.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
9. How long does Pepys's abstinence last?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) Not long.
10. Who receives the promotion to Treasurer?
(a) Pepys wife.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
11. What is the name of Pepys's wife's companion who lied?
(c) Lady Lord Sandwich.
12. How much does Pepys go into the funeral description of someone who died of lung cancer?
(a) He only says a little bit.
(b) At length.
(c) He says nothing.
(d) He says a little bit, but tells us there will be more later.
13. What does Pepys's new job require in January-June 1660?
(a) That he will work longer hours but still come home at night.
(b) That is must move to another country with Lord Sandwich.
(c) That he stay on land.
(d) That he go to sea.
14. What brings Pepys to the person who holds the final authority over the Navy in July -December 1661?
(a) The need for a new home.
(b) The need for money in the Navy.
(c) The need for a promotion.
(d) The need for money for himself.
15. Despite the fact that he has a lot of money, what does Pepys begin to worry about in July-December 1660?
(a) His finances.
(b) The financial state of the city.
(c) The financial state of the Navy.
(d) The financial state of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his plan to be frugal in January-June 1662, what is an indulgence Pepys will allow?
2. Where does Pepys go first when he begins his new promotion?
3. Not only is Pepys abstaining in July-December 1661, but he is striving to be what?
4. Who is Pepys jealous of in in January-June 1663?
5. What kind of musical interests does Pepys have in January-June 1660?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)