|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finally in July-December, 1663, who is hired as his wife's new maid?
2. Not only is Pepys abstaining in July-December 1661, but he is striving to be what?
(a) The first one to abstain from smoking.
(b) The first one to abstain from wine.
(c) The first one to abstain from bathing.
(d) The first one to abstain from sex.
3. Who does Pepys have multiple meetings with?
(a) Navy officials.
(b) City officials.
(d) His wife.
4. What kind of musical interests does Pepys have in January-June 1660?
(a) Just instrumental.
(b) He hates music.
(c) Both instrumental and vocal.
(d) Just vocal.
5. Who does Pepys send to live in the country?
(a) His maid.
(b) His sister.
(c) His dog.
(d) His wife.
6. What is the highlight of January-June 1661, according to Pepys's account?
(a) Lord Sandwiches' vacation.
(b) The coronation of the King.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) Pepys' wife's birthday.
7. Who does Pepys suspect of theft in July-December 1660?
(a) His wife.
(c) His aid, Will.
(d) The Lord.
8. Who is worried about Pepys's new position in January-June 1660?
(a) Pepys brother.
(b) The old assistant.
(c) His wife.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
9. What does Pepys do with the gift he receives for his wife?
(a) Keeps it for himself.
(b) Gives it to his sister.
(c) Gives it to a mistress.
(d) Gives it to Lady Lord Sandwich.
10. What actually happens to the buried money?
(a) It goes to the King and Duke as promised.
(b) The give it to charity.
(c) They find it, but lose it.
(d) They never find it; it is a hoax.
11. How much does Pepys go into the funeral description of someone who died of lung cancer?
(a) He says a little bit, but tells us there will be more later.
(b) He says nothing.
(c) He only says a little bit.
(d) At length.
12. What is Sir Charles Sydly fined for his arrest?
(a) He is not fined.
(b) 10,000 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 5,000 pounds.
13. What does Pepys do for work in January-June 1660?
(a) Various jobs for Lord Sandwich.
(c) Clerk at a store in town.
14. What gift does Pepys receive for his wife?
(a) Gloves and gold pieces.
15. Who trusts Pepys to watch valuable jewels?
(b) The King.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
(d) Pepys' cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pepys learn to do for himself in January-June, 1664?
2. In January-June 1663, what kind of lesson does Pepys take?
3. What is Pepys's country house called?
4. What does the person who Pepys calls do when he feels under the weather?
5. What becomes expense rises again in January-June 1662?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)