|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pepys is offered money to impregnate someone. Who offers him the money?
(a) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(b) Pepys's uncle.
(d) Pepys' neighbor.
2. Who is worried about Pepys's new position in January-June 1660?
(a) Pepys brother.
(b) His wife.
(c) The old assistant.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
3. Due to Pepys's position with the government in January-June 1660, what does he get propositioned with right away?
(c) New job offers.
4. What does Pepys's new job require in January-June 1660?
(a) That he will work longer hours but still come home at night.
(b) That he go to sea.
(c) That he stay on land.
(d) That is must move to another country with Lord Sandwich.
5. In January-June 1660, what does Pepys celebrate the anniversary of?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) The removal of a kidney stone.
(c) The removal of a bladder stone.
(d) His wedding.
6. Why does Pepys order a wig from his barber?
(a) Because his wife wants him to.
(b) Because the Duke has one.
(c) Because he hears the King is wearing one.
(d) Because he is balding.
7. In July-December 1660 entries, what does the reader find out about Pepys's relationship with his wife?
(a) That his wife has had affairs.
(b) That Pepys has had affairs with other women.
(c) That they were never in love.
(d) That they both have remained loyal to his each other.
8. What does Pepys do each March?
(a) Throw a celebration for the king.
(b) Go into hiding.
(c) Throw a party for his wife.
(d) Throw a celebration to honor those who were there for him.
9. What crime does Pepys witness in January-June 1664?
(b) A robbery.
(c) A murder.
(d) The rape of a woman.
10. In January-June 1663, what kind of lesson does Pepys take?
(a) Singing lessons.
(b) Math lessons.
(c) Speech lessons.
(d) Dancing lessons.
11. In anger, what does Pepys rip up in January -June 1663
(a) All of the Duke's paperwork.
(b) All of his wife's books.
(c) All of Will's paperwork.
(d) All of his wife's paperwork.
12. Whose rituals does Pepys think are absurd?
13. When July-December 1661 opens, Pepys is abstaining from what?
14. Who is Lord Sandwich having a possible affair with in July-December 1663?
(a) A daughter of Mrs. Becke.
(b) Pepys' wife.
15. What does Pepys think of a Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) He does not give an opinion.
(b) He does not like it.
(c) He didn't see it.
(d) He likes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of musical interests does Pepys have in January-June 1660?
2. Who does Pepys run into one afternoon and have an affair with in July-December 1663?
3. What does Pepys admit to doing in some of his meetings with the person who has final authority over the Navy?
4. In January-June 1661, what does Pepys reveal about the King?
5. Who does the town and Pepys often gossip about?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)