|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which relative of Pepys lives in the country in July-December 1661?
(a) His wife.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His father.
2. In January-June 1660, what does Pepys celebrate the anniversary of?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) His wedding.
(c) The removal of a bladder stone.
(d) The removal of a kidney stone.
3. Where does Pepys go first when he begins his new promotion?
(c) His fleet sails into the English Channel.
(d) His horse takes him to the next town over.
4. Once again in January-June 1662, how is Pepys planning to have a frugal life?
(a) By getting rid of servants.
(b) By abstaining from wine.
(c) By no longer keeping up with fashions.
(d) By going to church more.
5. What kind of musical interests does Pepys have in January-June 1660?
(a) Both instrumental and vocal.
(b) Just vocal.
(c) He hates music.
(d) Just instrumental.
6. What do Pepys and his wife go to see at the playhouse?
(a) An opera.
(b) A musical.
(c) A dance recital.
(d) A puppet show.
7. What is Will's punishment in January-June 1662?
(a) A fierce whipping.
(b) No paycheck.
(c) No supper.
(d) A black eye.
8. What does the person who Pepys calls do when he feels under the weather?
(a) Gives him a massage.
(b) Performs bloodletting.
(c) Gives him a day off.
(d) Gives him a pep talk.
9. What happens when Pepys tries to replace his wife's companion who lied?
(a) His wife cries continously.
(b) Pepys goes after her.
(c) The new companion is a success.
(d) A replacement leaves with clothes and is not seen again.
10. At church, what does Pepys do after sermons?
(a) He rates them as to whether he likes them or not.
(b) He goes to the King.
(c) He greets church members.
(d) He eats a hearty lunch.
11. Who receives the promotion to Treasurer?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(d) Pepys wife.
12. Who praises Pepys for his new home and the status it brings?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) The Lord.
13. What happens to those involved in resistance against the Royals?
(a) They are hanged and quartered.
(b) They are run out of town.
(c) They are shot.
(d) They are put on trial, but later released.
14. What does Pepys do with the gift he receives for his wife?
(a) Gives it to his sister.
(b) Gives it to a mistress.
(c) Gives it to Lady Lord Sandwich.
(d) Keeps it for himself.
15. What kind of lessons does Pepys decide to begin in July-December 1662?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Pepys go into the funeral description of someone who died of lung cancer?
2. Who takes lessons with Pepys in in January-June 1663?
3. Who does Pepys run into one afternoon and have an affair with in July-December 1663?
4. What happens to Pepys's wife's companion who lied?
5. What crime does Pepys witness in January-June 1664?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)