|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Pepys tries to replace his wife's companion who lied?
(a) Pepys goes after her.
(b) A replacement leaves with clothes and is not seen again.
(c) His wife cries continously.
(d) The new companion is a success.
2. What becomes expense rises again in January-June 1662?
(a) Expenses for servants.
(b) Expenses for fashionable clothes.
3. Not only is Pepys abstaining in July-December 1661, but he is striving to be what?
(a) The first one to abstain from wine.
(b) The first one to abstain from smoking.
(c) The first one to abstain from bathing.
(d) The first one to abstain from sex.
4. For his wife in in January-June 1663, Pepys arranges what?
(a) A companion.
(b) A new home.
(c) Private lessons.
(d) A new maid.
5. What do Pepys and his wife go to see at the playhouse?
(a) A musical.
(b) A dance recital.
(c) A puppet show.
(d) An opera.
6. Who takes lessons with Pepys in in January-June 1663?
(a) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) His wife.
7. Whose rituals does Pepys think are absurd?
8. Finally in July-December, 1663, who is hired as his wife's new maid?
9. What gift does Pepys receive for his wife?
(b) Gloves and gold pieces.
10. Who does the town and Pepys often gossip about?
(a) The Royal Family.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) The Lord.
(d) The Royals in the next country.
11. What crime does Pepys witness in January-June 1664?
(a) The rape of a woman.
(c) A robbery.
(d) A murder.
12. Who dies of lung cancer in March 1664?
(a) One of the maids.
(b) Pepys's brother.
(c) Pepys's sister.
(d) Pepys's wife.
13. What kind of lessons does Pepys decide to begin in July-December 1662?
14. What is the name of Pepys's wife's companion who lied?
(d) Lady Lord Sandwich.
15. In January-June 1661, what does the King perform publicly that makes him leave quite an impression with the public?
(b) Healings of the sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after the incident on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
2. Does Pepys approve of Lord Sandwich having affairs?
3. In July-December 1662, Pepys wife asks for what?
4. What is one thing Pepys does with his appearance in January-June 1661?
5. In July-December 1662, who commends Pepys?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)