|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pepys feelings about his wife's need for a companion?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He fights with her about it.
(c) He likes the idea.
(d) He has no feelings on the issue.
2. Where is Pepys living when the narrative begins?
(a) In the country.
(b) In town.
(c) He is renting rooms at the residence of Lord Sandwich.
(d) He is renting rooms at the King's castle.
3. In July-December 1662, who else is commended besides Pepys?
(a) Pepys' wife.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) Pepy's servant.
(d) Lady Sandwich.
4. Who does Pepys send to live in the country?
(a) His maid.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His dog.
5. Who holds the final authority over the Navy?
(a) His father.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(d) The Duke of York.
6. What does Pepys admit about the victim in the crime that he witnesses?
(a) That the victim deserved to be robbed.
(b) That he wishes he was setting fire in the arson.
(c) That he never liked the murder victim.
(d) That he wishes he was in the rapist's place.
7. Which relative of Pepys lives in the country in July-December 1661?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His wife.
8. Where does Pepys go first when he begins his new promotion?
(a) His fleet sails into the English Channel.
(c) His horse takes him to the next town over.
9. What is one thing Pepys does with his appearance in January-June 1661?
(a) He grows a beard.
(b) He gets manicures.
(c) He goes bald.
(d) He takes an interest in the latest fashions.
10. What actually happens to the buried money?
(a) They never find it; it is a hoax.
(b) The give it to charity.
(c) It goes to the King and Duke as promised.
(d) They find it, but lose it.
11. In his lessons in July-December 1662, what does Pepys dedicate most of his time to?
(b) Multiplication tables.
(d) Fast songs.
12. In January-June 1662, why does Will continue to get punished?
(a) He does not show up to work.
(b) For attitude infractions and stealing.
(c) For not sending messages.
(d) For dropping things.
13. What causes Pepys's worry about the financial state?
(a) A review of the ledger shows no debt but not enough income.
(b) A review of the ledgers show serious debts.
(c) Just based on a feeling he has.
(d) Someone told him to worry.
14. What does Pepys think of a Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) He didn't see it.
(b) He does not like it.
(c) He does not give an opinion.
(d) He likes it.
15. What does Pepys do for cheaper entertainment in January-June, 1664?
(a) Invite friends over.
(b) Attend the Hanging of Turner.
(c) Go to the country.
(d) Stay at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is honored with a boat parade on the Thames?
2. What does Pepys learn to do for himself in January-June, 1664?
3. Once again in January-June 1662, how is Pepys planning to have a frugal life?
4. Due to Pepys's position with the government in January-June 1660, what does he get propositioned with right away?
5. Finally in July-December, 1663, who is hired as his wife's new maid?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)