|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In July-December 1662, who else is commended besides Pepys?
(a) Lady Sandwich.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) Pepy's servant.
(d) Pepys' wife.
2. What crime does Pepys witness in January-June 1664?
(a) A robbery.
(b) A murder.
(d) The rape of a woman.
3. Why is Pepys jealous of someone in January-June 1663?
(a) Pepys fears that person is having an affair with her.
(b) That person is more fashionable.
(c) That person can dance better.
(d) That person has a better house than Pepys's.
4. What is one thing Pepys does with his appearance in January-June 1661?
(a) He takes an interest in the latest fashions.
(b) He goes bald.
(c) He grows a beard.
(d) He gets manicures.
5. In January-June 1662, who is increasing their threats?
(a) Only the Dutch.
(b) The English.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The French and the Dutch.
6. Who resists the Royals in July-December 1660?
(b) Religious fanatics.
(c) Pepys' wife.
(d) No one.
7. What gift does Pepys receive for his wife?
(c) Gloves and gold pieces.
8. Not only is Pepys abstaining in July-December 1661, but he is striving to be what?
(a) The first one to abstain from smoking.
(b) The first one to abstain from sex.
(c) The first one to abstain from bathing.
(d) The first one to abstain from wine.
9. What does Pepys admit to doing in some of his meetings with the person who has final authority over the Navy?
10. Who does the town and Pepys often gossip about?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) The Royals in the next country.
(c) The Lord.
(d) The Royal Family.
11. What happens to Pepys's wife's companion who lied?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She is fired.
(c) She is not punished.
(d) She is beaten.
12. What is Pepys feelings about his wife's need for a companion?
(a) He has no feelings on the issue.
(b) He likes the idea.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He fights with her about it.
13. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
(a) The country.
(b) His ugly maid.
(c) The play Romeo and Juliet.
14. What happens to those involved in resistance against the Royals?
(a) They are hanged and quartered.
(b) They are shot.
(c) They are put on trial, but later released.
(d) They are run out of town.
15. In July-December 1662, who is rumored to have marriage problems?
(a) Lady Castlemaine.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pepys's country house called?
2. Who trusts Pepys to watch valuable jewels?
3. In January-June 1661, what does the King perform publicly that makes him leave quite an impression with the public?
4. Why was Sir Charles Sydly arrested?
5. What happens when Pepys sees that a maid has been negligent?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)