|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In July-December 1662, Pepys suspends his abstinence on wine and plays in celebration of what?
(b) Michaelmas day.
(d) His birthday.
2. Who dies of lung cancer in March 1664?
(a) Pepys's brother.
(b) One of the maids.
(c) Pepys's sister.
(d) Pepys's wife.
3. What does the person who Pepys calls do when he feels under the weather?
(a) Gives him a massage.
(b) Gives him a day off.
(c) Gives him a pep talk.
(d) Performs bloodletting.
4. Why was this anniversary celebrated in January-June 1660 a big deal at the time?
(a) It was tradition to celebrate any surgery survival.
(b) It was a symbol of strength.
(c) It was considered major surgery then.
(d) Just because Pepys wanted to feel important.
5. Who does Pepys have multiple meetings with?
(b) Navy officials.
(c) City officials.
(d) His wife.
6. Who receives the promotion to Treasurer?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(d) Pepys wife.
7. In his plan to be frugal in January-June 1662, what is an indulgence Pepys will allow?
(a) Puppet shows.
8. Who is honored with a boat parade on the Thames?
(a) Pepys's wife.
(b) The Queen.
(d) Lady Lord Sandwich.
9. How does Pepys celebrate having more money?
(a) Spending more.
(b) Buying a boat.
(c) A nice dinner.
(d) Saving more.
10. Who is Lord Sandwich having a possible affair with in July-December 1663?
(a) Pepys' wife.
(c) A daughter of Mrs. Becke.
11. What is Pepys's country house called?
(a) The Gardens.
(b) The Cabin.
(c) Halfway House.
(d) The Happy House.
12. Who takes lessons with Pepys in in January-June 1663?
(a) His wife.
(b) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
13. What does Pepys think of the King's public performances in January-June 1661?
(a) He thinks they are unusual for a person of such high status.
(b) He loves them.
(c) He is jealous of it.
(d) He hates it.
14. What does Pepys do each March?
(a) Throw a party for his wife.
(b) Go into hiding.
(c) Throw a celebration to honor those who were there for him.
(d) Throw a celebration for the king.
15. What happens to those involved in resistance against the Royals?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They are put on trial, but later released.
(c) They are hanged and quartered.
(d) They are run out of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Not only is Pepys abstaining in July-December 1661, but he is striving to be what?
2. What gift does Pepys receive for his wife?
3. Does Pepys approve of Lord Sandwich having affairs?
4. What is one thing Pepys's wife does with her appearance in January-June 1661?
5. What does Pepys do to a man who tries to rape his wife?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)