|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the town and Pepys often gossip about?
(a) The Royal Family.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) The Lord.
(d) The Royals in the next country.
2. How long does Pepys's abstinence last?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Not long.
3. What brings Pepys to the person who holds the final authority over the Navy in July -December 1661?
(a) The need for money for himself.
(b) The need for a new home.
(c) The need for a promotion.
(d) The need for money in the Navy.
4. Pepys continues to worry about what in July-December 1662?
(a) The status of the Navy and money.
(b) His wife.
(c) The King.
(d) His fashion sense.
5. Who produces a copy of a letter Pepys had burned?
(b) The Duke.
(c) His wife.
(d) Lady Sandwich.
6. What gift does Pepys receive for his wife?
(d) Gloves and gold pieces.
7. Who does Pepys blame for the civil unrest?
(b) The King.
(d) Religious fanatics.
8. What does Pepys admit to doing in some of his meetings with the person who has final authority over the Navy?
9. Why was Sir Charles Sydly arrested?
10. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) President's Day.
11. How does Pepys revise his vows about plays in January-June, 1664?
(a) He lets his wife out of the vows.
(b) He lets go of the vows.
(c) He now allows for a monthly budget.
(d) He tightens the rules.
12. When Pepys receives a promotion in January-June 1660, what does he become?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(b) Lord's clerk.
(c) Lord's assistant.
(d) General at sea.
13. Who is Lord Sandwich having a possible affair with in July-December 1663?
(b) Pepys' wife.
(c) A daughter of Mrs. Becke.
14. Whose rituals does Pepys think are absurd?
15. What does Pepys do for work in January-June 1660?
(c) Various jobs for Lord Sandwich.
(d) Clerk at a store in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. In July-December 1662, Pepys suspends his abstinence on wine and plays in celebration of what?
2. Despite the fact that he has a lot of money, what does Pepys begin to worry about in July-December 1660?
3. What happens on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
4. What is Sir Charles Sydly fined for his arrest?
5. What is Pepys's country house called?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)