|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crime does Pepys witness in January-June 1664?
(b) A murder.
(c) The rape of a woman.
(d) A robbery.
2. Pepys continues to worry about what in July-December 1662?
(a) His fashion sense.
(b) His wife.
(c) The status of the Navy and money.
(d) The King.
3. What does Pepys think of the King's public performances in January-June 1661?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He loves them.
(c) He thinks they are unusual for a person of such high status.
(d) He is jealous of it.
4. Whose rituals does Pepys think are absurd?
5. What does Pepys do for cheaper entertainment in January-June, 1664?
(a) Invite friends over.
(b) Stay at home.
(c) Go to the country.
(d) Attend the Hanging of Turner.
6. Who holds the final authority over the Navy?
(a) The Duke of York.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) His father.
7. Not only is Pepys abstaining in July-December 1661, but he is striving to be what?
(a) The first one to abstain from smoking.
(b) The first one to abstain from bathing.
(c) The first one to abstain from wine.
(d) The first one to abstain from sex.
8. In July-December 1662, who is rumored to have marriage problems?
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) Lady Castlemaine.
9. What does Pepys learn to do for himself in January-June, 1664?
(b) Clean his teeth.
(c) Tell jokes.
(d) Buy clothes.
10. What is Will's punishment in January-June 1662?
(a) A black eye.
(b) A fierce whipping.
(c) No supper.
(d) No paycheck.
11. What does Pepys think of a Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) He does not give an opinion.
(b) He didn't see it.
(c) He likes it.
(d) He does not like it.
12. In July-December 1662, Pepys wife asks for what?
(a) A new house.
(b) A female companion.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A pet.
13. Who praises Pepys for his new home and the status it brings?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) The Lord.
(d) His wife.
14. What does Pepys admit about the victim in the crime that he witnesses?
(a) That he never liked the murder victim.
(b) That he wishes he was setting fire in the arson.
(c) That the victim deserved to be robbed.
(d) That he wishes he was in the rapist's place.
15. What does Pepys admit to doing in some of his meetings with the person who has final authority over the Navy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Pepys receive for his wife?
2. Who does Pepys blame for the civil unrest?
3. Who takes singing lessons?
4. Who does Pepys run into one afternoon and have an affair with in July-December 1663?
5. Why does Pepys order a wig from his barber?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)