|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In January-June 1662, why does Will continue to get punished?
(a) For attitude infractions and stealing.
(b) He does not show up to work.
(c) For dropping things.
(d) For not sending messages.
2. What is the name of Pepys's wife's companion who lied?
(a) Lady Lord Sandwich.
3. At church, what does Pepys do after sermons?
(a) He greets church members.
(b) He goes to the King.
(c) He rates them as to whether he likes them or not.
(d) He eats a hearty lunch.
4. What is Will's punishment in January-June 1662?
(a) No supper.
(b) A black eye.
(c) No paycheck.
(d) A fierce whipping.
5. In July-December 1660 entries, what does the reader find out about Pepys's relationship with his wife?
(a) That Pepys has had affairs with other women.
(b) That they both have remained loyal to his each other.
(c) That his wife has had affairs.
(d) That they were never in love.
6. How does Pepys revise his vows about plays in January-June, 1664?
(a) He now allows for a monthly budget.
(b) He tightens the rules.
(c) He lets his wife out of the vows.
(d) He lets go of the vows.
7. Why does Pepys order a wig from his barber?
(a) Because he hears the King is wearing one.
(b) Because the Duke has one.
(c) Because he is balding.
(d) Because his wife wants him to.
8. What does Pepys think of a Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) He does not give an opinion.
(b) He does not like it.
(c) He likes it.
(d) He didn't see it.
9. When July-December 1661 opens, Pepys is abstaining from what?
10. How does Pepys celebrate having more money?
(a) Buying a boat.
(b) Spending more.
(c) Saving more.
(d) A nice dinner.
11. What does Pepys's new job require in January-June 1660?
(a) That he will work longer hours but still come home at night.
(b) That is must move to another country with Lord Sandwich.
(c) That he go to sea.
(d) That he stay on land.
12. Why is Pepys jealous of someone in January-June 1663?
(a) That person is more fashionable.
(b) Pepys fears that person is having an affair with her.
(c) That person has a better house than Pepys's.
(d) That person can dance better.
13. What does Pepys admit to doing in some of his meetings with the person who has final authority over the Navy?
14. In his lessons in July-December 1662, what does Pepys dedicate most of his time to?
(a) Fast songs.
(c) Multiplication tables.
15. What gift does Pepys receive for his wife?
(d) Gloves and gold pieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event causes Pepys to suffer in the morning afterward?
2. What does Pepys admit about the victim in the crime that he witnesses?
3. Who receives the promotion to Treasurer?
4. When Pepys feels under the weather, who does he call?
5. What causes Pepys's worry about the financial state?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)