|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Not only is Pepys abstaining in July-December 1661, but he is striving to be what?
(a) The first one to abstain from sex.
(b) The first one to abstain from bathing.
(c) The first one to abstain from smoking.
(d) The first one to abstain from wine.
2. What event causes Pepys to suffer in the morning afterward?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
(b) The coronation of the King.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) His birthday.
3. At church, what does Pepys do after sermons?
(a) He rates them as to whether he likes them or not.
(b) He greets church members.
(c) He goes to the King.
(d) He eats a hearty lunch.
4. Why was Sir Charles Sydly arrested?
5. Who dies of lung cancer in March 1664?
(a) One of the maids.
(b) Pepys's wife.
(c) Pepys's sister.
(d) Pepys's brother.
6. Who is honored with a boat parade on the Thames?
(a) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(b) The Queen.
(d) Pepys's wife.
7. What happens after the incident on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
(a) No explaination is given, and they go back to sleep.
(b) His wife gets angry at him.
(c) The bank is closed.
(d) Pepys's wife seeks medical attention.
8. Who spends time at Pepys's home grieving after the lung cancer death?
(a) Pepys's father.
(b) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(c) Pepys's wife.
9. What kind of lessons does Pepys decide to begin in July-December 1662?
10. What does Pepys admit to doing in some of his meetings with the person who has final authority over the Navy?
11. Once again in January-June 1662, how is Pepys planning to have a frugal life?
(a) By no longer keeping up with fashions.
(b) By going to church more.
(c) By getting rid of servants.
(d) By abstaining from wine.
12. Who does Pepys send to live in the country?
(a) His sister.
(b) His maid.
(c) His wife.
(d) His dog.
13. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
(a) The play Romeo and Juliet.
(b) The country.
(d) His ugly maid.
14. Who is promised a part of the buried treasure if found?
(a) Pepys's wife.
(b) The King and the Duke.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
15. Who receives the promotion to Treasurer?
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(d) Pepys wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Pepys approve of Lord Sandwich having affairs?
2. What kind of musical interests does Pepys have in January-June 1660?
3. Why was this anniversary celebrated in January-June 1660 a big deal at the time?
4. In July-December 1662, who else is commended besides Pepys?
5. Pepys is offered money to impregnate someone. Who offers him the money?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)