|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Not only is Pepys abstaining in July-December 1661, but he is striving to be what?
(a) The first one to abstain from wine.
(b) The first one to abstain from bathing.
(c) The first one to abstain from smoking.
(d) The first one to abstain from sex.
2. What does Pepys think of a Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) He does not like it.
(b) He likes it.
(c) He does not give an opinion.
(d) He didn't see it.
3. What is Pepys feelings about his wife's need for a companion?
(a) He has no feelings on the issue.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He likes the idea.
(d) He fights with her about it.
4. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
(b) President's Day.
(c) St. Patrick's Day.
(d) Valentine's Day.
5. Who does Pepys have multiple meetings with?
(a) Navy officials.
(b) City officials.
(c) His wife.
6. In July-December 1661, ambassadors of which countries fight?
(a) France and Germany.
(b) Spain and Germany.
(c) Germany and England.
(d) France and Spain.
7. When July-December 1661 opens, Pepys is abstaining from what?
8. What does Pepys do each March?
(a) Go into hiding.
(b) Throw a party for his wife.
(c) Throw a celebration to honor those who were there for him.
(d) Throw a celebration for the king.
9. Whose rituals does Pepys think are absurd?
10. In January-June 1662, why does Will continue to get punished?
(a) He does not show up to work.
(b) For dropping things.
(c) For not sending messages.
(d) For attitude infractions and stealing.
11. What happens to Pepys's wife's companion who lied?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She is not punished.
(c) She is beaten.
(d) She is fired.
12. Who is Pepys jealous of in in January-June 1663?
(a) The King.
(c) His wife's dance instructor.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
13. Where does Pepys go first when he begins his new promotion?
(a) His horse takes him to the next town over.
(c) His fleet sails into the English Channel.
14. In July-December 1662, who else is commended besides Pepys?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(b) Lady Sandwich.
(c) Pepys' wife.
(d) Pepy's servant.
15. Once again in January-June 1662, how is Pepys planning to have a frugal life?
(a) By no longer keeping up with fashions.
(b) By getting rid of servants.
(c) By going to church more.
(d) By abstaining from wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which relative of Pepys lives in the country in July-December 1661?
2. Who does Pepys suspect of theft in July-December 1660?
3. At church, what does Pepys do after sermons?
4. In July-December 1662, there is a rumor about money buried where?
5. What is Pepys's country house called?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)