|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes expense rises again in January-June 1662?
(a) Expenses for fashionable clothes.
(c) Expenses for servants.
2. Where is Pepys living when the narrative begins?
(a) He is renting rooms at the King's castle.
(b) He is renting rooms at the residence of Lord Sandwich.
(c) In town.
(d) In the country.
3. What does Pepys nearly injure in January-June 1660 when firing a gun?
(a) His foot.
(b) His eye.
(c) His arm.
(d) A royal.
4. Who does Pepys run into one afternoon and have an affair with in July-December 1663?
(a) Mrs. Lane.
(c) Lady Lord Sandwich.
5. Who does Pepys have multiple meetings with?
(a) Navy officials.
(b) City officials.
(d) His wife.
6. Does Pepys approve of Lord Sandwich having affairs?
(a) He has no opinion.
(c) He approves, but tells him to stop anyhow.
7. Who is Pepys jealous of in in January-June 1663?
(b) His wife's dance instructor.
(c) The King.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
8. When Pepys receives a promotion in January-June 1660, what does he become?
(a) Lord's clerk.
(b) General at sea.
(c) Lord's assistant.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
9. In July-December 1662, who commends Pepys?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(b) Lady Sandwich.
(c) The Duke of York.
(d) The King.
10. How does Pepys revise his vows about plays in January-June, 1664?
(a) He tightens the rules.
(b) He lets his wife out of the vows.
(c) He lets go of the vows.
(d) He now allows for a monthly budget.
11. Due to Pepys's position with the government in January-June 1660, what does he get propositioned with right away?
(c) New job offers.
12. In his plan to be frugal in January-June 1662, what is an indulgence Pepys will allow?
(a) Puppet shows.
13. Once again in January-June 1662, how is Pepys planning to have a frugal life?
(a) By abstaining from wine.
(b) By no longer keeping up with fashions.
(c) By getting rid of servants.
(d) By going to church more.
14. What does Pepys think of the King's public performances in January-June 1661?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He loves them.
(c) He is jealous of it.
(d) He thinks they are unusual for a person of such high status.
15. Which relative of Pepys lives in the country in July-December 1661?
(a) His wife.
(b) His father.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pepys learn to do for himself in January-June, 1664?
2. Pepys complains that a new maid hired by his wife is what?
3. Who praises Pepys for his new home and the status it brings?
4. Who is the victim of the crime that Pepys's witnesses in January-June, 1664?
5. What does Pepys admit about the victim in the crime that he witnesses?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)