|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pepys's new job require in January-June 1660?
(a) That he go to sea.
(b) That he stay on land.
(c) That is must move to another country with Lord Sandwich.
(d) That he will work longer hours but still come home at night.
2. Who is honored with a boat parade on the Thames?
(a) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(b) Pepys's wife.
(c) The Queen.
3. What does Pepys do for work in January-June 1660?
(a) Various jobs for Lord Sandwich.
(b) Clerk at a store in town.
4. What crime does Pepys witness in January-June 1664?
(b) The rape of a woman.
(c) A murder.
(d) A robbery.
5. Who produces a copy of a letter Pepys had burned?
(a) The Duke.
(b) Lady Sandwich.
(d) His wife.
6. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
(b) Valentine's Day.
(d) President's Day.
7. Why is Pepys jealous of someone in January-June 1663?
(a) That person has a better house than Pepys's.
(b) That person is more fashionable.
(c) Pepys fears that person is having an affair with her.
(d) That person can dance better.
8. Whose rituals does Pepys think are absurd?
9. How does Pepys celebrate having more money?
(a) Buying a boat.
(b) Saving more.
(c) A nice dinner.
(d) Spending more.
10. In July-December 1662, there is a rumor about money buried where?
(a) In Pepys backyard.
(b) At Lord Sandwich's tower.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) At the castle.
11. Who trusts Pepys to watch valuable jewels?
(a) Pepys' cousin.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) The King.
12. What is the name of Pepys's wife's companion who lied?
(b) Lady Lord Sandwich.
13. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
(a) The country.
(c) The play Romeo and Juliet.
(d) His ugly maid.
14. What does Pepys do with the gift he receives for his wife?
(a) Gives it to a mistress.
(b) Gives it to Lady Lord Sandwich.
(c) Keeps it for himself.
(d) Gives it to his sister.
15. Who is promised a part of the buried treasure if found?
(a) Pepys's wife.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) The King and the Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. In July-December 1662, Pepys wife asks for what?
2. Who does Pepys blame for the civil unrest?
3. What is Pepys feelings about his wife's need for a companion?
4. What does Pepys do each March?
5. How long does Pepys's abstinence last?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)