|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pepys is offered money to impregnate someone. Who offers him the money?
(b) Pepys' neighbor.
(c) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(d) Pepys's uncle.
2. What becomes expense rises again in January-June 1662?
(a) Expenses for servants.
(b) Expenses for fashionable clothes.
3. Who does Pepys have multiple meetings with?
(a) City officials.
(c) Navy officials.
(d) His wife.
4. Who receives the promotion to Treasurer?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(d) Pepys wife.
5. Who resists the Royals in July-December 1660?
(a) Pepys' wife.
(c) No one.
(d) Religious fanatics.
6. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
(c) President's Day.
(d) Valentine's Day.
7. In July-December 1661, ambassadors of which countries fight?
(a) Germany and England.
(b) France and Spain.
(c) France and Germany.
(d) Spain and Germany.
8. Does Pepys approve of Lord Sandwich having affairs?
(c) He approves, but tells him to stop anyhow.
(d) He has no opinion.
9. What is Will's punishment in January-June 1662?
(a) No paycheck.
(b) No supper.
(c) A black eye.
(d) A fierce whipping.
10. The birth of what causes Pepys to chide his wife?
(b) A calf.
(c) Her sister's baby.
(d) A baby.
11. What does the person who Pepys calls do when he feels under the weather?
(a) Gives him a massage.
(b) Performs bloodletting.
(c) Gives him a day off.
(d) Gives him a pep talk.
12. What happens after the incident on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
(a) His wife gets angry at him.
(b) No explaination is given, and they go back to sleep.
(c) Pepys's wife seeks medical attention.
(d) The bank is closed.
13. In January-June 1661, what does Pepys reveal about the King?
(a) That Pepys' wife does not like the king.
(b) That there was an attempt to kill him in the previous year.
(c) That he had an affair with his wife.
(d) That the King is a liar.
14. What does Pepys admit about the victim in the crime that he witnesses?
(a) That he wishes he was setting fire in the arson.
(b) That he wishes he was in the rapist's place.
(c) That he never liked the murder victim.
(d) That the victim deserved to be robbed.
15. Which relative of Pepys lives in the country in July-December 1661?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pepys living when the narrative begins?
2. In January-June 1663, what kind of lesson does Pepys take?
3. What happens on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
4. What does Pepys do for work in January-June 1660?
5. Why was Sir Charles Sydly arrested?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)