|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pepys and his wife go to see at the playhouse?
(a) A dance recital.
(b) A puppet show.
(c) An opera.
(d) A musical.
2. For his wife in in January-June 1663, Pepys arranges what?
(a) Private lessons.
(b) A companion.
(c) A new home.
(d) A new maid.
3. What happens to Pepys's wife's companion who lied?
(a) She is not punished.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She is beaten.
(d) She is fired.
4. Once again in January-June 1662, how is Pepys planning to have a frugal life?
(a) By getting rid of servants.
(b) By no longer keeping up with fashions.
(c) By going to church more.
(d) By abstaining from wine.
5. What kind of lessons does Pepys decide to begin in July-December 1662?
6. How does Pepys revise his vows about plays in January-June, 1664?
(a) He tightens the rules.
(b) He now allows for a monthly budget.
(c) He lets go of the vows.
(d) He lets his wife out of the vows.
7. Who dies of lung cancer in March 1664?
(a) One of the maids.
(b) Pepys's sister.
(c) Pepys's wife.
(d) Pepys's brother.
8. When July-December 1661 opens, Pepys is abstaining from what?
9. Which relative of Pepys lives in the country in July-December 1661?
(a) His wife.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandmother.
10. What crime does Pepys witness in January-June 1664?
(a) A murder.
(b) A robbery.
(d) The rape of a woman.
11. In January-June 1662, who is increasing their threats?
(a) Only the Dutch.
(b) The English.
(c) The French and the Dutch.
(d) The Germans.
12. When Pepys feels under the weather, who does he call?
(a) His priest.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) A doctor.
13. In July-December 1662, there is a rumor about money buried where?
(a) In Pepys backyard.
(b) At the castle.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) At Lord Sandwich's tower.
14. What kind of musical interests does Pepys have in January-June 1660?
(a) Just instrumental.
(b) Both instrumental and vocal.
(c) Just vocal.
(d) He hates music.
15. Where is Pepys living when the narrative begins?
(a) In town.
(b) He is renting rooms at the residence of Lord Sandwich.
(c) He is renting rooms at the King's castle.
(d) In the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. In July-December 1662, Pepys wife asks for what?
2. In January-June 1662, why does Will continue to get punished?
3. Finally in July-December, 1663, who is hired as his wife's new maid?
4. In July-December 1662, Pepys suspends his abstinence on wine and plays in celebration of what?
5. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)