|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who Pepys calls do when he feels under the weather?
(a) Performs bloodletting.
(b) Gives him a massage.
(c) Gives him a pep talk.
(d) Gives him a day off.
2. Why is Pepys jealous of someone in January-June 1663?
(a) That person is more fashionable.
(b) Pepys fears that person is having an affair with her.
(c) That person can dance better.
(d) That person has a better house than Pepys's.
3. Every March, what does Pepys flash back to?
(a) His time at sea.
(b) His birthday.
(c) His bladder surgery.
(d) His wife's birthday.
4. When Pepys receives a promotion in January-June 1660, what does he become?
(a) Lord's assistant.
(b) General at sea.
(c) Lord's clerk.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
5. How long does Pepys's abstinence last?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Not long.
6. In January-June 1662, who is increasing their threats?
(a) The Germans.
(b) Only the Dutch.
(c) The French and the Dutch.
(d) The English.
7. What causes Pepys's worry about the financial state?
(a) A review of the ledger shows no debt but not enough income.
(b) Just based on a feeling he has.
(c) A review of the ledgers show serious debts.
(d) Someone told him to worry.
8. What does Pepys do to a man who tries to rape his wife?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He has him arrested.
(c) He beats him.
(d) He does nothing.
9. In July-December 1662, who commends Pepys?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(b) The Duke of York.
(c) Lady Sandwich.
(d) The King.
10. Who takes lessons with Pepys in in January-June 1663?
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) His wife.
(d) Lady Lord Sandwich.
11. What becomes expense rises again in January-June 1662?
(a) Expenses for fashionable clothes.
(d) Expenses for servants.
12. What does Pepys do with the gift he receives for his wife?
(a) Gives it to his sister.
(b) Gives it to Lady Lord Sandwich.
(c) Keeps it for himself.
(d) Gives it to a mistress.
13. What happens on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
(a) He hates himself for not meeting last year's resolutions.
(b) He goes to the bank.
(c) He falls out of bed.
(d) He hits his wife in the nose.
14. Once again in January-June 1662, how is Pepys planning to have a frugal life?
(a) By going to church more.
(b) By getting rid of servants.
(c) By no longer keeping up with fashions.
(d) By abstaining from wine.
15. In his plan to be frugal in January-June 1662, what is an indulgence Pepys will allow?
(d) Puppet shows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Pepys's wife's companion who lied?
2. What kind of musical interests does Pepys have in January-June 1660?
3. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
4. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
5. Who is Lord Sandwich having a possible affair with in July-December 1663?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)