|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the town and Pepys often gossip about?
(a) The Royal Family.
(b) The Lord.
(c) The Royals in the next country.
(d) His neighbor.
2. In July-December 1662, who is rumored to have marriage problems?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(d) Lady Castlemaine.
3. What happens to Pepys's wife's companion who lied?
(a) She is fired.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She is beaten.
(d) She is not punished.
4. What happens after the incident on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
(a) No explaination is given, and they go back to sleep.
(b) Pepys's wife seeks medical attention.
(c) The bank is closed.
(d) His wife gets angry at him.
5. What event causes Pepys to suffer in the morning afterward?
(a) His birthday.
(b) The coronation of the King.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
6. Where does Pepys go first when he begins his new promotion?
(a) His horse takes him to the next town over.
(d) His fleet sails into the English Channel.
7. Every March, what does Pepys flash back to?
(a) His bladder surgery.
(b) His birthday.
(c) His wife's birthday.
(d) His time at sea.
8. Who takes lessons with Pepys in in January-June 1663?
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) His wife.
(d) Lady Lord Sandwich.
9. In anger, what does Pepys rip up in January -June 1663
(a) All of his wife's paperwork.
(b) All of his wife's books.
(c) All of the Duke's paperwork.
(d) All of Will's paperwork.
10. In January-June 1660, what does Pepys celebrate the anniversary of?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) His wedding.
(c) The removal of a kidney stone.
(d) The removal of a bladder stone.
11. What does Pepys do to a man who tries to rape his wife?
(a) He beats him.
(b) He kills him.
(c) He has him arrested.
(d) He does nothing.
12. What happens when Pepys tries to replace his wife's companion who lied?
(a) His wife cries continously.
(b) Pepys goes after her.
(c) The new companion is a success.
(d) A replacement leaves with clothes and is not seen again.
13. Why is Pepys jealous of someone in January-June 1663?
(a) That person has a better house than Pepys's.
(b) That person is more fashionable.
(c) Pepys fears that person is having an affair with her.
(d) That person can dance better.
14. Does Pepys approve of Lord Sandwich having affairs?
(c) He approves, but tells him to stop anyhow.
(d) He has no opinion.
15. What is one thing Pepys's wife does with her appearance in January-June 1661?
(a) She gets her teeth done.
(b) She dyes her hair.
(c) She gets a sword to wear as an accessory.
(d) She lets her eyebrows grow out.
Short Answer Questions
1. When July-December 1661 opens, Pepys is abstaining from what?
2. In January-June 1662, who is increasing their threats?
3. Who does Pepys blame for the civil unrest?
4. Who dies of lung cancer in March 1664?
5. When Pepys feels under the weather, who does he call?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)