|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For his wife in in January-June 1663, Pepys arranges what?
(a) A companion.
(b) A new home.
(c) A new maid.
(d) Private lessons.
2. Why was Sir Charles Sydly arrested?
3. What does Pepys do with the gift he receives for his wife?
(a) Gives it to a mistress.
(b) Keeps it for himself.
(c) Gives it to Lady Lord Sandwich.
(d) Gives it to his sister.
4. In January-June 1660, what does Pepys celebrate the anniversary of?
(a) His wedding.
(b) The removal of a bladder stone.
(c) The removal of a kidney stone.
(d) His mother's death.
5. Who is Lord Sandwich having a possible affair with in July-December 1663?
(a) Pepys' wife.
(c) A daughter of Mrs. Becke.
6. What actually happens to the buried money?
(a) They never find it; it is a hoax.
(b) It goes to the King and Duke as promised.
(c) They find it, but lose it.
(d) The give it to charity.
7. Pepys complains that a new maid hired by his wife is what?
(c) Too messy.
(d) Too pretty.
8. What becomes expense rises again in January-June 1662?
(a) Expenses for fashionable clothes.
(b) Expenses for servants.
9. What do Pepys and his wife go to see at the playhouse?
(a) A musical.
(b) A puppet show.
(c) An opera.
(d) A dance recital.
10. What does Pepys nearly injure in January-June 1660 when firing a gun?
(a) His foot.
(b) His eye.
(c) His arm.
(d) A royal.
11. Why does Pepys order a wig from his barber?
(a) Because his wife wants him to.
(b) Because he is balding.
(c) Because he hears the King is wearing one.
(d) Because the Duke has one.
12. Who does Pepys send to live in the country?
(a) His sister.
(b) His maid.
(c) His dog.
(d) His wife.
13. What is Pepys feelings about his wife's need for a companion?
(a) He has no feelings on the issue.
(b) He likes the idea.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He fights with her about it.
14. How does Pepys revise his vows about plays in January-June, 1664?
(a) He now allows for a monthly budget.
(b) He lets his wife out of the vows.
(c) He tightens the rules.
(d) He lets go of the vows.
15. Who trusts Pepys to watch valuable jewels?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(c) Pepys' cousin.
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pepys continues to worry about what in July-December 1662?
2. At church, what does Pepys do after sermons?
3. In July-December 1662, who is rumored to have marriage problems?
4. What kind of lessons does Pepys decide to begin in July-December 1662?
5. Who is honored with a boat parade on the Thames?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)