Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Pepys is celebrating the anniversary of the bladder surgery.
2. Describe what we know about Pepys's interests that are described as the story opens.
3. What does the promotion mean for Pepys?
4. Describe what life on the ship is like for Pepys when he sets sail with Lord Sandwich in January-June 1660.
5. Describe Pepys's reaction to his new financial status in July-December 1660.
6. Why does the status of the Navy worry Pepys?
7. Compare the financial status of the Navy with the excessive spending of the Royal Family.
8. What is the meaning behind Pepys beginning to discipline the household staff?
9. What does Pepys say about civil unrest and a previous attempt to kill the King?
10. Describe Pepys's thoughts on the King's public healings of the sick.
11. How do Pepys and his wife show that they care very much about outward appearances in January-June 1661?
12. Describe the coronation of the King.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)