Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - January-June, 1660
1. Explain why Pepys is celebrating the anniversary of the bladder surgery.
2. Describe what we know about Pepys's interests that are described as the story opens.
3. What does the promotion mean for Pepys?
4. Describe what life on the ship is like for Pepys when he sets sail with Lord Sandwich in January-June 1660.
Short Essay Question - July-December, 1660
5. Describe Pepys's reaction to his new financial status in July-December 1660.
6. Why does the status of the Navy worry Pepys?
This section contains 824 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)