|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July-December, 1668.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pepys think of the item encased in glass?
(a) He thinks it's a hoax.
(b) It thinks it is a work of art.
(c) He thinks it's disgusting.
(d) He thinks it is a scientific wonder.
2. In July-December 1661, ambassadors of which countries fight?
(a) France and Germany.
(b) Spain and Germany.
(c) France and Spain.
(d) Germany and England.
3. Who holds the final authority over the Navy?
(a) His father.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(d) The Duke of York.
4. What does Pepys do with the gift he receives for his wife?
(a) Keeps it for himself.
(b) Gives it to Lady Lord Sandwich.
(c) Gives it to a mistress.
(d) Gives it to his sister.
5. Why did Mrs. Knipp miss the event she did in January-June 1666?
(a) Because of her abusive husband.
(b) Because wives were not allowed to attend.
(c) Because she dislikes Pepys.
(d) Because she was sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Will's punishment in January-June 1662?
2. After the Navy men tire of waiting to be paid, what happens?
3. What animal does the science experiment involve that Pepys witnesses?
4. Where does Pepys attend church as the story opens?
5. What does Pepys say his sister needs to do in July-December 1667?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)