|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July-December, 1668.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pepys do to his wife in July-December 1664 that he is ashamed of ?
(a) Publicly humilate her.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Gave her a black eye.
(d) Pushed her.
2. What happens to those involved in resistance against the Royals?
(a) They are run out of town.
(b) They are put on trial, but later released.
(c) They are hanged and quartered.
(d) They are shot.
3. In January-June 1661, what does the King perform publicly that makes him leave quite an impression with the public?
(a) Healings of the sick.
4. What kind of musical interests does Pepys have in January-June 1660?
(a) He hates music.
(b) Just instrumental.
(c) Just vocal.
(d) Both instrumental and vocal.
5. What is Pepys's excuse this time in January-June 1667 for making an exception to his vow not to drink wine?
(a) The wine will go bad.
(b) The weather is very cold.
(c) He wants to celebrate.
(d) Times are tough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mayor enact because of the plague?
2. In July-December, 1664, who is Pepys continuing an affair with?
3. Who takes singing lessons?
4. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
5. What kind of wonder has caught the city's attention in January-June 1668?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)