|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July-December, 1667.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Not only is Pepys abstaining in July-December 1661, but he is striving to be what?
(a) The first one to abstain from bathing.
(b) The first one to abstain from smoking.
(c) The first one to abstain from sex.
(d) The first one to abstain from wine.
2. What does Pepys think of the King's public performances in January-June 1661?
(a) He thinks they are unusual for a person of such high status.
(b) He is jealous of it.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He loves them.
3. What happens when Pepys tries to flirt with an attractive woman in July-December 1667?
(a) His father scolds him.
(b) His wife tries to poke him with a pin.
(c) He has an affair with her.
(d) He is caught by a neighbor.
4. Every March, what does Pepys flash back to?
(a) His birthday.
(b) His wife's birthday.
(c) His bladder surgery.
(d) His time at sea.
5. Why was this anniversary celebrated in January-June 1660 a big deal at the time?
(a) It was tradition to celebrate any surgery survival.
(b) Just because Pepys wanted to feel important.
(c) It was considered major surgery then.
(d) It was a symbol of strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pepys and his wife go to see at the playhouse?
2. How do the opinions of Pepys and his wife differ over the her new companion?
3. Who does Pepys blame for the civil unrest?
4. What is one thing Pepys's wife does with her appearance in January-June 1661?
5. Due to Pepys's position with the government in January-June 1660, what does he get propositioned with right away?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)