|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July-December, 1667.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Pepys tries to flirt with an attractive woman in July-December 1667?
(a) His wife tries to poke him with a pin.
(b) He is caught by a neighbor.
(c) His father scolds him.
(d) He has an affair with her.
2. When Pepys and his wife were poorer, the wife had to help with what chores?
(a) Dishes and laundry.
(b) Washing and cooking.
(c) Sweeping and ironing.
(d) Yard work and cooking.
3. What happens on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
(a) He goes to the bank.
(b) He falls out of bed.
(c) He hates himself for not meeting last year's resolutions.
(d) He hits his wife in the nose.
4. Once again in January-June 1662, how is Pepys planning to have a frugal life?
(a) By no longer keeping up with fashions.
(b) By getting rid of servants.
(c) By abstaining from wine.
(d) By going to church more.
5. Why are several houses quarantined in January-June 1665?
(a) Because of the plague.
(b) Because of measles.
(c) Pepys does not explain.
(d) Because of lice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in jeopardy in January-June, 1665?
2. What does Pepys think of a Midsummer Night's Dream?
3. In January-June 1661, what does the King perform publicly that makes him leave quite an impression with the public?
4. Who returns to London to poor public support in January-June 1666?
5. In January-June 1662, who is increasing their threats?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)