|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July-December, 1667.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who resists the Royals in July-December 1660?
(a) No one.
(b) Pepys' wife.
(c) Religious fanatics.
2. How do the opinions of Pepys and his wife differ over the her new companion?
(a) Pepys's wife thinks she is the most beautiful person she's ever seen; he disagrees.
(b) Pepys thinks she is the most beautiful person he's ever seen; his wife disagrees.
(c) Pepys thinks she is ordinary; his wife thinks she is pretty.
(d) Pepys thinks she is pretty; his wife thinks she is ordinary.
3. For his wife in in January-June 1663, Pepys arranges what?
(a) Private lessons.
(b) A new home.
(c) A companion.
(d) A new maid.
4. In July-December 1662, who commends Pepys?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(b) Lady Sandwich.
(c) The Duke of York.
(d) The King.
5. What happens on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
(a) He hates himself for not meeting last year's resolutions.
(b) He falls out of bed.
(c) He goes to the bank.
(d) He hits his wife in the nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to Pepys's position with the government in January-June 1660, what does he get propositioned with right away?
2. What does Pepys do with the gift he receives for his wife?
3. What does Pepys think of the play he sees in July-December, 1664?
4. What is Pepys reasoning for only wearing the watch as long as he does?
5. What is Will's punishment in January-June 1662?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)