|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1666.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies of lung cancer in March 1664?
(a) Pepys's sister.
(b) One of the maids.
(c) Pepys's wife.
(d) Pepys's brother.
2. Who does Pepys blame for the civil unrest?
(b) The King.
(d) Religious fanatics.
3. When Pepys receives a promotion in January-June 1660, what does he become?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(b) Lord's clerk.
(c) Lord's assistant.
(d) General at sea.
4. What does Pepys think of the play he sees in July-December, 1664?
(a) He wants to star in it.
(b) It's good.
(c) It's bad.
(d) He has no opinion.
5. What does the mayor enact because of the plague?
(a) A ban on drinking.
(b) A ban on eating vegetables.
(c) A citywide curfew.
(d) A ban on going to pubs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sir Charles Sydly fined for his arrest?
2. How does Pepys celebrate having more money?
3. What consumes much of Pepys time in January-June, 1665?
4. Due to Pepys's position with the government in January-June 1660, what does he get propositioned with right away?
5. Who is the victim of the crime that Pepys's witnesses in January-June, 1664?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)