|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1664.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spends time at Pepys's home grieving after the lung cancer death?
(a) Pepys's father.
(b) Pepys's wife.
(d) Lady Lord Sandwich.
2. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
(a) The play Romeo and Juliet.
(c) The country.
(d) His ugly maid.
3. What brings Pepys to the person who holds the final authority over the Navy in July -December 1661?
(a) The need for a promotion.
(b) The need for money for himself.
(c) The need for a new home.
(d) The need for money in the Navy.
4. In July-December 1660 entries, what does the reader find out about Pepys's relationship with his wife?
(a) That his wife has had affairs.
(b) That Pepys has had affairs with other women.
(c) That they were never in love.
(d) That they both have remained loyal to his each other.
5. Who is honored with a boat parade on the Thames?
(a) Pepys's wife.
(b) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(c) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pepys receives a promotion in January-June 1660, what does he become?
2. What causes Pepys's worry about the financial state?
3. What crime does Pepys witness in January-June 1664?
4. Where does Pepys attend church as the story opens?
5. Where is Pepys living when the narrative begins?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)