|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1664.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pepys complains that a new maid hired by his wife is what?
(b) Too pretty.
(c) Too messy.
2. Why was this anniversary celebrated in January-June 1660 a big deal at the time?
(a) It was a symbol of strength.
(b) It was considered major surgery then.
(c) Just because Pepys wanted to feel important.
(d) It was tradition to celebrate any surgery survival.
3. What is Pepys's country house called?
(a) The Happy House.
(b) The Cabin.
(c) The Gardens.
(d) Halfway House.
4. Who grants the king some money for the Navy in January-June 1663?
(a) The Queen.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
(d) The Duke.
5. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
(a) The country.
(b) His ugly maid.
(c) The play Romeo and Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pepys jealous of someone in January-June 1663?
2. How does Pepys revise his vows about plays in January-June, 1664?
3. What is Sir Charles Sydly fined for his arrest?
4. What does Pepys admit about the victim in the crime that he witnesses?
5. Who produces a copy of a letter Pepys had burned?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)