|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1664.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pepys attend church as the story opens?
(a) Far away from his home.
(b) Near his home.
(c) The location varies.
(d) He does not attend church.
2. Who dies of lung cancer in March 1664?
(a) Pepys's wife.
(b) One of the maids.
(c) Pepys's sister.
(d) Pepys's brother.
3. How does Pepys celebrate having more money?
(a) Saving more.
(b) Spending more.
(c) Buying a boat.
(d) A nice dinner.
4. What does Pepys learn to do for himself in January-June, 1664?
(a) Tell jokes.
(c) Clean his teeth.
(d) Buy clothes.
5. What is Pepys feelings about his wife's need for a companion?
(a) He fights with her about it.
(b) He has no feelings on the issue.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He likes the idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
2. What becomes expense rises again in January-June 1662?
3. When Pepys receives a promotion in January-June 1660, what does he become?
4. How long does Pepys's abstinence last?
5. Who takes singing lessons?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)