|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1664.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In July-December 1661, ambassadors of which countries fight?
(a) Spain and Germany.
(b) Germany and England.
(c) France and Germany.
(d) France and Spain.
2. How long does Pepys's abstinence last?
(a) Not long.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
3. What is Will's punishment in January-June 1662?
(a) No supper.
(b) A black eye.
(c) A fierce whipping.
(d) No paycheck.
4. Who holds the final authority over the Navy?
(a) His father.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
(d) The Duke of York.
5. What does Pepys do with the gift he receives for his wife?
(a) Keeps it for himself.
(b) Gives it to Lady Lord Sandwich.
(c) Gives it to a mistress.
(d) Gives it to his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes singing lessons?
2. What does Pepys do for work in January-June 1660?
3. Who produces a copy of a letter Pepys had burned?
4. What causes Pepys's worry about the financial state?
5. Who receives the promotion to Treasurer?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)