|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1664.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who produces a copy of a letter Pepys had burned?
(b) His wife.
(c) Lady Sandwich.
(d) The Duke.
2. What does Pepys do to a man who tries to rape his wife?
(a) He has him arrested.
(b) He kills him.
(c) He beats him.
(d) He does nothing.
3. What is Sir Charles Sydly fined for his arrest?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) He is not fined.
(c) 5,000 pounds.
(d) 10,000 pounds.
4. What does Pepys do each March?
(a) Throw a party for his wife.
(b) Throw a celebration for the king.
(c) Throw a celebration to honor those who were there for him.
(d) Go into hiding.
5. What happens after the incident on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
(a) No explaination is given, and they go back to sleep.
(b) The bank is closed.
(c) Pepys's wife seeks medical attention.
(d) His wife gets angry at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Pepys's abstinence last?
2. What causes Pepys's worry about the financial state?
3. In July-December 1661, ambassadors of which countries fight?
4. Why was this anniversary celebrated in January-June 1660 a big deal at the time?
5. What does Pepys do for work in January-June 1660?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)