|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1663.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
(a) His ugly maid.
(b) The country.
(c) The play Romeo and Juliet.
2. Who grants the king some money for the Navy in January-June 1663?
(b) The Duke.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
(d) The Queen.
3. What kind of lessons does Pepys decide to begin in July-December 1662?
4. Where is Pepys living when the narrative begins?
(a) In town.
(b) He is renting rooms at the King's castle.
(c) He is renting rooms at the residence of Lord Sandwich.
(d) In the country.
5. In January-June 1662, why does Will continue to get punished?
(a) He does not show up to work.
(b) For attitude infractions and stealing.
(c) For not sending messages.
(d) For dropping things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pepys and his wife go to see at the playhouse?
2. What does Pepys nearly injure in January-June 1660 when firing a gun?
3. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
4. Who is worried about Pepys's new position in January-June 1660?
5. Despite the fact that he has a lot of money, what does Pepys begin to worry about in July-December 1660?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)