|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1663.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who praises Pepys for his new home and the status it brings?
(a) His mother.
(b) The Lord.
(c) His wife.
(d) His father.
2. What do Pepys and his wife go to see at the playhouse?
(a) A dance recital.
(b) A musical.
(c) An opera.
(d) A puppet show.
3. Once again in January-June 1662, how is Pepys planning to have a frugal life?
(a) By no longer keeping up with fashions.
(b) By abstaining from wine.
(c) By getting rid of servants.
(d) By going to church more.
4. Due to Pepys's position with the government in January-June 1660, what does he get propositioned with right away?
(a) New job offers.
5. What happens to those involved in resistance against the Royals?
(a) They are hanged and quartered.
(b) They are shot.
(c) They are run out of town.
(d) They are put on trial, but later released.
Short Answer Questions
1. When July-December 1661 opens, Pepys is abstaining from what?
2. Why is Pepys jealous of someone in January-June 1663?
3. What does Pepys admit to doing in some of his meetings with the person who has final authority over the Navy?
4. In July-December 1660 entries, what does the reader find out about Pepys's relationship with his wife?
5. What does Pepys's new job require in January-June 1660?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)