|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1663.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
(a) He hates himself for not meeting last year's resolutions.
(b) He hits his wife in the nose.
(c) He goes to the bank.
(d) He falls out of bed.
2. What does Pepys do for work in January-June 1660?
(b) Clerk at a store in town.
(c) Various jobs for Lord Sandwich.
3. In January-June 1661, what does Pepys reveal about the King?
(a) That there was an attempt to kill him in the previous year.
(b) That he had an affair with his wife.
(c) That the King is a liar.
(d) That Pepys' wife does not like the king.
4. In January-June 1662, why does Will continue to get punished?
(a) For attitude infractions and stealing.
(b) For not sending messages.
(c) He does not show up to work.
(d) For dropping things.
5. What causes Pepys's worry about the financial state?
(a) Someone told him to worry.
(b) Just based on a feeling he has.
(c) A review of the ledgers show serious debts.
(d) A review of the ledger shows no debt but not enough income.
Short Answer Questions
1. Not only is Pepys abstaining in July-December 1661, but he is striving to be what?
2. What does Pepys nearly injure in January-June 1660 when firing a gun?
3. Who grants the king some money for the Navy in January-June 1663?
4. What does Pepys think of a Midsummer Night's Dream?
5. Who does Pepys send to live in the country?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)