|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1662.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who holds the final authority over the Navy?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(c) The Duke of York.
(d) His father.
2. Due to Pepys's position with the government in January-June 1660, what does he get propositioned with right away?
(d) New job offers.
3. What is Will's punishment in January-June 1662?
(a) No paycheck.
(b) A black eye.
(c) A fierce whipping.
(d) No supper.
4. In January-June 1662, who is increasing their threats?
(a) The Germans.
(b) Only the Dutch.
(c) The English.
(d) The French and the Dutch.
5. Once again in January-June 1662, how is Pepys planning to have a frugal life?
(a) By going to church more.
(b) By getting rid of servants.
(c) By abstaining from wine.
(d) By no longer keeping up with fashions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Pepys's wife does with her appearance in January-June 1661?
2. When Pepys feels under the weather, who does he call?
3. Who is honored with a boat parade on the Thames?
4. When Pepys receives a promotion in January-June 1660, what does he become?
5. When July-December 1661 opens, Pepys is abstaining from what?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)