|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1662.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
(a) His ugly maid.
(c) The country.
(d) The play Romeo and Juliet.
2. In July-December 1660 entries, what does the reader find out about Pepys's relationship with his wife?
(a) That Pepys has had affairs with other women.
(b) That they both have remained loyal to his each other.
(c) That his wife has had affairs.
(d) That they were never in love.
3. What happens after the incident on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
(a) His wife gets angry at him.
(b) Pepys's wife seeks medical attention.
(c) No explaination is given, and they go back to sleep.
(d) The bank is closed.
4. What causes Pepys's worry about the financial state?
(a) A review of the ledgers show serious debts.
(b) A review of the ledger shows no debt but not enough income.
(c) Just based on a feeling he has.
(d) Someone told him to worry.
5. In January-June 1661, what does Pepys reveal about the King?
(a) That Pepys' wife does not like the king.
(b) That he had an affair with his wife.
(c) That the King is a liar.
(d) That there was an attempt to kill him in the previous year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of musical interests does Pepys have in January-June 1660?
2. In July-December 1661, ambassadors of which countries fight?
3. In January-June 1662, who is increasing their threats?
4. What brings Pepys to the person who holds the final authority over the Navy in July -December 1661?
5. Who receives the promotion to Treasurer?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)