|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1662.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which relative of Pepys lives in the country in July-December 1661?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His wife.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His father.
2. In January-June 1660, what does Pepys celebrate the anniversary of?
(a) His wedding.
(b) The removal of a bladder stone.
(c) The removal of a kidney stone.
(d) His mother's death.
3. Not only is Pepys abstaining in July-December 1661, but he is striving to be what?
(a) The first one to abstain from sex.
(b) The first one to abstain from smoking.
(c) The first one to abstain from wine.
(d) The first one to abstain from bathing.
4. Who is honored with a boat parade on the Thames?
(a) Pepys's wife.
(c) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(d) The Queen.
5. What do Pepys and his wife go to see at the playhouse?
(a) An opera.
(b) A puppet show.
(c) A dance recital.
(d) A musical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the highlight of January-June 1661, according to Pepys's account?
2. Where is Pepys living when the narrative begins?
3. Where does Pepys attend church as the story opens?
4. Pepys complains that a new maid hired by his wife is what?
5. Who does Pepys suspect of theft in July-December 1660?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)