|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1662.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is honored with a boat parade on the Thames?
(a) The Queen.
(c) Pepys's wife.
(d) Lady Lord Sandwich.
2. How long does Pepys's abstinence last?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Not long.
(d) One year.
3. Pepys complains that a new maid hired by his wife is what?
(a) Too messy.
(b) Too pretty.
4. What happens to those involved in resistance against the Royals?
(a) They are hanged and quartered.
(b) They are shot.
(c) They are run out of town.
(d) They are put on trial, but later released.
5. When July-December 1661 opens, Pepys is abstaining from what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pepys go first when he begins his new promotion?
2. Who holds the final authority over the Navy?
3. Who trusts Pepys to watch valuable jewels?
4. Where is Pepys living when the narrative begins?
5. Who takes singing lessons?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)