|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1662.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Not only is Pepys abstaining in July-December 1661, but he is striving to be what?
(a) The first one to abstain from sex.
(b) The first one to abstain from smoking.
(c) The first one to abstain from bathing.
(d) The first one to abstain from wine.
2. Who does Pepys suspect of theft in July-December 1660?
(b) The Lord.
(c) His aid, Will.
(d) His wife.
3. The birth of what causes Pepys to chide his wife?
(a) A baby.
(b) Her sister's baby.
(c) A calf.
4. Where does Pepys attend church as the story opens?
(a) The location varies.
(b) He does not attend church.
(c) Near his home.
(d) Far away from his home.
5. What is the highlight of January-June 1661, according to Pepys's account?
(a) Lord Sandwiches' vacation.
(b) The coronation of the King.
(c) Pepys' wife's birthday.
(d) Valentine's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of musical interests does Pepys have in January-June 1660?
2. How long does Pepys's abstinence last?
3. What do Pepys and his wife go to see at the playhouse?
4. Who does Pepys blame for the civil unrest?
5. In July-December 1660 entries, what does the reader find out about Pepys's relationship with his wife?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)