|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1662.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pepys living when the narrative begins?
(a) In the country.
(b) He is renting rooms at the residence of Lord Sandwich.
(c) He is renting rooms at the King's castle.
(d) In town.
2. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
(a) President's Day.
(b) Valentine's Day.
(c) St. Patrick's Day.
3. The birth of what causes Pepys to chide his wife?
(a) A calf.
(c) A baby.
(d) Her sister's baby.
4. In January-June 1661, what does the King perform publicly that makes him leave quite an impression with the public?
(c) Healings of the sick.
5. Who is honored with a boat parade on the Thames?
(b) Pepys's wife.
(c) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pepys admit to doing in some of his meetings with the person who has final authority over the Navy?
2. Once again in January-June 1662, how is Pepys planning to have a frugal life?
3. Who praises Pepys for his new home and the status it brings?
4. Who does Pepys blame for the civil unrest?
5. What happens on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)