|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1662.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pepys complains that a new maid hired by his wife is what?
(a) Too pretty.
(b) Too messy.
2. In January-June 1662, who is increasing their threats?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The English.
(c) The French and the Dutch.
(d) Only the Dutch.
3. Once again in January-June 1662, how is Pepys planning to have a frugal life?
(a) By abstaining from wine.
(b) By getting rid of servants.
(c) By no longer keeping up with fashions.
(d) By going to church more.
4. What happens when Pepys sees that a maid has been negligent?
(a) He tells his wife to deal with it.
(b) He fires her.
(c) He beats her.
(d) He does nothing.
5. Despite the fact that he has a lot of money, what does Pepys begin to worry about in July-December 1660?
(a) The financial state of the city.
(b) The financial state of the country.
(c) The financial state of the Navy.
(d) His finances.
Short Answer Questions
1. In January-June 1660, what does Pepys celebrate the anniversary of?
2. Who is worried about Pepys's new position in January-June 1660?
3. Who holds the final authority over the Navy?
4. Which relative of Pepys lives in the country in July-December 1661?
5. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)