|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1662.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his plan to be frugal in January-June 1662, what is an indulgence Pepys will allow?
(c) Puppet shows.
2. Where is Pepys living when the narrative begins?
(a) In the country.
(b) He is renting rooms at the residence of Lord Sandwich.
(c) He is renting rooms at the King's castle.
(d) In town.
3. What does the person who Pepys calls do when he feels under the weather?
(a) Gives him a pep talk.
(b) Gives him a massage.
(c) Performs bloodletting.
(d) Gives him a day off.
4. Not only is Pepys abstaining in July-December 1661, but he is striving to be what?
(a) The first one to abstain from sex.
(b) The first one to abstain from bathing.
(c) The first one to abstain from smoking.
(d) The first one to abstain from wine.
5. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
(a) The play Romeo and Juliet.
(b) His ugly maid.
(d) The country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Pepys's worry about the financial state?
2. What is the highlight of January-June 1661, according to Pepys's account?
3. Where does Pepys go first when he begins his new promotion?
4. When Pepys receives a promotion in January-June 1660, what does he become?
5. What does Pepys's new job require in January-June 1660?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)