|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1662.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The birth of what causes Pepys to chide his wife?
(a) A calf.
(b) Her sister's baby.
(d) A baby.
2. Once again in January-June 1662, how is Pepys planning to have a frugal life?
(a) By going to church more.
(b) By getting rid of servants.
(c) By abstaining from wine.
(d) By no longer keeping up with fashions.
3. Who receives the promotion to Treasurer?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(d) Pepys wife.
4. What happens to those involved in resistance against the Royals?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They are run out of town.
(c) They are put on trial, but later released.
(d) They are hanged and quartered.
5. Which relative of Pepys lives in the country in July-December 1661?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His father.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who trusts Pepys to watch valuable jewels?
2. Pepys complains that a new maid hired by his wife is what?
3. Who does the town and Pepys often gossip about?
4. Not only is Pepys abstaining in July-December 1661, but he is striving to be what?
5. In July-December 1661, ambassadors of which countries fight?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)