|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1662.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
(a) He hates himself for not meeting last year's resolutions.
(b) He falls out of bed.
(c) He hits his wife in the nose.
(d) He goes to the bank.
2. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
(b) President's Day.
(c) Valentine's Day.
3. What does Pepys do for work in January-June 1660?
(a) Clerk at a store in town.
(c) Various jobs for Lord Sandwich.
4. What causes Pepys's worry about the financial state?
(a) Just based on a feeling he has.
(b) A review of the ledgers show serious debts.
(c) A review of the ledger shows no debt but not enough income.
(d) Someone told him to worry.
5. Who does the town and Pepys often gossip about?
(a) The Lord.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) The Royals in the next country.
(d) The Royal Family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who trusts Pepys to watch valuable jewels?
2. What does Pepys admit to doing in some of his meetings with the person who has final authority over the Navy?
3. In July-December 1660 entries, what does the reader find out about Pepys's relationship with his wife?
4. When Pepys receives a promotion in January-June 1660, what does he become?
5. In July-December 1661, ambassadors of which countries fight?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)