|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1662.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Pepys sees that a maid has been negligent?
(a) He does nothing.
(b) He tells his wife to deal with it.
(c) He fires her.
(d) He beats her.
2. What do Pepys and his wife go to see at the playhouse?
(a) A puppet show.
(b) A dance recital.
(c) A musical.
(d) An opera.
3. Who is worried about Pepys's new position in January-June 1660?
(a) Lord Sandwich.
(b) His wife.
(c) The old assistant.
(d) Pepys brother.
4. What causes Pepys's worry about the financial state?
(a) Just based on a feeling he has.
(b) A review of the ledger shows no debt but not enough income.
(c) A review of the ledgers show serious debts.
(d) Someone told him to worry.
5. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
(a) The country.
(c) The play Romeo and Juliet.
(d) His ugly maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pepys think of the King's public performances in January-June 1661?
2. Who takes singing lessons?
3. At church, what does Pepys do after sermons?
4. In July-December 1661, ambassadors of which countries fight?
5. When July-December 1661 opens, Pepys is abstaining from what?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)