|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1661.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Pepys sees that a maid has been negligent?
(a) He fires her.
(b) He beats her.
(c) He tells his wife to deal with it.
(d) He does nothing.
2. In July-December 1660 entries, what does the reader find out about Pepys's relationship with his wife?
(a) That Pepys has had affairs with other women.
(b) That his wife has had affairs.
(c) That they both have remained loyal to his each other.
(d) That they were never in love.
3. Who does the town and Pepys often gossip about?
(a) The Lord.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) The Royals in the next country.
(d) The Royal Family.
4. What kind of musical interests does Pepys have in January-June 1660?
(a) Both instrumental and vocal.
(b) Just instrumental.
(c) He hates music.
(d) Just vocal.
5. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
(b) President's Day.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the highlight of January-June 1661, according to Pepys's account?
2. What causes Pepys's worry about the financial state?
3. Where does Pepys go first when he begins his new promotion?
4. Where does Pepys attend church as the story opens?
5. Who receives the promotion to Treasurer?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)