|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1661.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who praises Pepys for his new home and the status it brings?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) The Lord.
2. Where is Pepys living when the narrative begins?
(a) He is renting rooms at the King's castle.
(b) In town.
(c) In the country.
(d) He is renting rooms at the residence of Lord Sandwich.
3. What is one thing Pepys does with his appearance in January-June 1661?
(a) He gets manicures.
(b) He goes bald.
(c) He grows a beard.
(d) He takes an interest in the latest fashions.
4. Where does Pepys go first when he begins his new promotion?
(b) His horse takes him to the next town over.
(c) His fleet sails into the English Channel.
5. Where does Pepys attend church as the story opens?
(a) Near his home.
(b) Far away from his home.
(c) The location varies.
(d) He does not attend church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is worried about Pepys's new position in January-June 1660?
2. What does Pepys's new job require in January-June 1660?
3. In January-June 1661, what does the King perform publicly that makes him leave quite an impression with the public?
4. In January-June 1661, what does Pepys reveal about the King?
5. The birth of what causes Pepys to chide his wife?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)