|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1661.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event causes Pepys to suffer in the morning afterward?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
(c) The coronation of the King.
(d) His birthday.
2. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) President's Day.
3. Who resists the Royals in July-December 1660?
(b) No one.
(c) Religious fanatics.
(d) Pepys' wife.
4. When Pepys receives a promotion in January-June 1660, what does he become?
(a) Lord's clerk.
(b) Lord's assistant.
(c) General at sea.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
5. What causes Pepys's worry about the financial state?
(a) Someone told him to worry.
(b) A review of the ledgers show serious debts.
(c) A review of the ledger shows no debt but not enough income.
(d) Just based on a feeling he has.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Pepys sees that a maid has been negligent?
2. What kind of musical interests does Pepys have in January-June 1660?
3. In January-June 1661, what does the King perform publicly that makes him leave quite an impression with the public?
4. Who does the town and Pepys often gossip about?
5. Where does Pepys go first when he begins his new promotion?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)