|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1661.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite the fact that he has a lot of money, what does Pepys begin to worry about in July-December 1660?
(a) The financial state of the Navy.
(b) The financial state of the country.
(c) His finances.
(d) The financial state of the city.
2. How does Pepys celebrate having more money?
(a) Buying a boat.
(b) Spending more.
(c) Saving more.
(d) A nice dinner.
3. What does Pepys do for work in January-June 1660?
(a) Clerk at a store in town.
(b) Various jobs for Lord Sandwich.
4. Where is Pepys living when the narrative begins?
(a) He is renting rooms at the King's castle.
(b) He is renting rooms at the residence of Lord Sandwich.
(c) In town.
(d) In the country.
5. What does Pepys think of the King's public performances in January-June 1661?
(a) He is jealous of it.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He loves them.
(d) He thinks they are unusual for a person of such high status.
Short Answer Questions
1. The birth of what causes Pepys to chide his wife?
2. Who does the town and Pepys often gossip about?
3. Who does Pepys blame for the civil unrest?
4. Where does Pepys go first when he begins his new promotion?
5. What causes Pepys's worry about the financial state?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)