|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1661.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing Pepys's wife does with her appearance in January-June 1661?
(a) She dyes her hair.
(b) She lets her eyebrows grow out.
(c) She gets a sword to wear as an accessory.
(d) She gets her teeth done.
2. Where does Pepys attend church as the story opens?
(a) He does not attend church.
(b) The location varies.
(c) Near his home.
(d) Far away from his home.
3. Despite the fact that he has a lot of money, what does Pepys begin to worry about in July-December 1660?
(a) The financial state of the Navy.
(b) The financial state of the country.
(c) His finances.
(d) The financial state of the city.
4. At church, what does Pepys do after sermons?
(a) He rates them as to whether he likes them or not.
(b) He greets church members.
(c) He eats a hearty lunch.
(d) He goes to the King.
5. What happens when Pepys sees that a maid has been negligent?
(a) He fires her.
(b) He beats her.
(c) He tells his wife to deal with it.
(d) He does nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In January-June 1661, what does Pepys reveal about the King?
2. Who receives the promotion to Treasurer?
3. What event causes Pepys to suffer in the morning afterward?
4. Where is Pepys living when the narrative begins?
5. What does Pepys do for work in January-June 1660?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)