|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1661.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pepys blame for the civil unrest?
(a) The King.
(c) Religious fanatics.
2. At church, what does Pepys do after sermons?
(a) He eats a hearty lunch.
(b) He greets church members.
(c) He goes to the King.
(d) He rates them as to whether he likes them or not.
3. What happens when Pepys sees that a maid has been negligent?
(a) He does nothing.
(b) He fires her.
(c) He beats her.
(d) He tells his wife to deal with it.
4. When Pepys receives a promotion in January-June 1660, what does he become?
(a) Lord's clerk.
(b) General at sea.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
(d) Lord's assistant.
5. Who praises Pepys for his new home and the status it brings?
(a) The Lord.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In January-June 1660, what does Pepys celebrate the anniversary of?
2. What happens to those involved in resistance against the Royals?
3. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
4. What does Pepys's new job require in January-June 1660?
5. What is one thing Pepys's wife does with her appearance in January-June 1661?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)