|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1661.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In January-June 1661, what does Pepys reveal about the King?
(a) That the King is a liar.
(b) That he had an affair with his wife.
(c) That Pepys' wife does not like the king.
(d) That there was an attempt to kill him in the previous year.
2. What does Pepys do for work in January-June 1660?
(b) Clerk at a store in town.
(c) Various jobs for Lord Sandwich.
3. Who receives the promotion to Treasurer?
(a) Pepys wife.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
4. How does Pepys celebrate having more money?
(a) Spending more.
(b) Saving more.
(c) A nice dinner.
(d) Buying a boat.
5. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) President's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is worried about Pepys's new position in January-June 1660?
2. Who does Pepys suspect of theft in July-December 1660?
3. What event causes Pepys to suffer in the morning afterward?
4. Why was this anniversary celebrated in January-June 1660 a big deal at the time?
5. The birth of what causes Pepys to chide his wife?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)