|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1661.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pepys think of the King's public performances in January-June 1661?
(a) He is jealous of it.
(b) He loves them.
(c) He thinks they are unusual for a person of such high status.
(d) He hates it.
2. What event causes Pepys to suffer in the morning afterward?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) The coronation of the King.
(c) St. Patrick's Day.
(d) His birthday.
3. Where is Pepys living when the narrative begins?
(a) In the country.
(b) In town.
(c) He is renting rooms at the King's castle.
(d) He is renting rooms at the residence of Lord Sandwich.
4. In January-June 1661, what does Pepys reveal about the King?
(a) That Pepys' wife does not like the king.
(b) That he had an affair with his wife.
(c) That the King is a liar.
(d) That there was an attempt to kill him in the previous year.
5. What is one thing Pepys does with his appearance in January-June 1661?
(a) He takes an interest in the latest fashions.
(b) He gets manicures.
(c) He goes bald.
(d) He grows a beard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the town and Pepys often gossip about?
2. In January-June 1660, what does Pepys celebrate the anniversary of?
3. Where does Pepys go first when he begins his new promotion?
4. Who resists the Royals in July-December 1660?
5. When Pepys receives a promotion in January-June 1660, what does he become?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)