|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1661.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who trusts Pepys to watch valuable jewels?
(a) The King.
(b) Pepys' cousin.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
2. The birth of what causes Pepys to chide his wife?
(b) Her sister's baby.
(c) A baby.
(d) A calf.
3. Due to Pepys's position with the government in January-June 1660, what does he get propositioned with right away?
(c) New job offers.
4. What does Pepys think of the King's public performances in January-June 1661?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He is jealous of it.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He thinks they are unusual for a person of such high status.
5. What does Pepys do for work in January-June 1660?
(a) Clerk at a store in town.
(c) Various jobs for Lord Sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Pepys sees that a maid has been negligent?
2. In July-December 1660 entries, what does the reader find out about Pepys's relationship with his wife?
3. Where is Pepys living when the narrative begins?
4. In January-June 1661, what does Pepys reveal about the King?
5. Why was this anniversary celebrated in January-June 1660 a big deal at the time?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)