|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1661.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the highlight of January-June 1661, according to Pepys's account?
(a) Pepys' wife's birthday.
(b) The coronation of the King.
(c) Lord Sandwiches' vacation.
(d) Valentine's Day.
2. Who does Pepys have multiple meetings with?
(b) City officials.
(c) His wife.
(d) Navy officials.
3. What happens to those involved in resistance against the Royals?
(a) They are hanged and quartered.
(b) They are put on trial, but later released.
(c) They are run out of town.
(d) They are shot.
4. How does Pepys celebrate having more money?
(a) Saving more.
(b) Buying a boat.
(c) Spending more.
(d) A nice dinner.
5. Where does Pepys go first when he begins his new promotion?
(c) His horse takes him to the next town over.
(d) His fleet sails into the English Channel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In January-June 1661, what does Pepys reveal about the King?
2. What does Pepys nearly injure in January-June 1660 when firing a gun?
3. Who does Pepys suspect of theft in July-December 1660?
4. Who does Pepys blame for the civil unrest?
5. Due to Pepys's position with the government in January-June 1660, what does he get propositioned with right away?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)