|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1661.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite the fact that he has a lot of money, what does Pepys begin to worry about in July-December 1660?
(a) The financial state of the Navy.
(b) His finances.
(c) The financial state of the city.
(d) The financial state of the country.
2. What is the highlight of January-June 1661, according to Pepys's account?
(a) Pepys' wife's birthday.
(b) The coronation of the King.
(c) Lord Sandwiches' vacation.
(d) Valentine's Day.
3. What is one thing Pepys does with his appearance in January-June 1661?
(a) He goes bald.
(b) He grows a beard.
(c) He gets manicures.
(d) He takes an interest in the latest fashions.
4. Due to Pepys's position with the government in January-June 1660, what does he get propositioned with right away?
(c) New job offers.
5. In January-June 1660, what does Pepys celebrate the anniversary of?
(a) The removal of a bladder stone.
(b) His wedding.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) The removal of a kidney stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pepys blame for the civil unrest?
2. Where is Pepys living when the narrative begins?
3. What kind of musical interests does Pepys have in January-June 1660?
4. What is one thing Pepys's wife does with her appearance in January-June 1661?
5. Why was this anniversary celebrated in January-June 1660 a big deal at the time?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)