Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July-December, 1668.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of vision aid does Pepys receive?
(c) Tubes with glass in them.
(d) Regular glasses.
2. Why was this anniversary celebrated in January-June 1660 a big deal at the time?
(a) It was a symbol of strength.
(b) Just because Pepys wanted to feel important.
(c) It was tradition to celebrate any surgery survival.
(d) It was considered major surgery then.
3. With people either dying of the plague or leaving for the country, London looks what way?
(a) As it did two years ago.
(b) Very full.
(c) Very deserted.
(d) The same.
4. Who receives the promotion to Treasurer?
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) Pepys wife.
5. Why is Pepys jealous of someone in January-June 1663?
(a) That person has a better house than Pepys's.
(b) That person can dance better.
(c) Pepys fears that person is having an affair with her.
(d) That person is more fashionable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Pepys's worry about the financial state?
2. Pepys complains that a new maid hired by his wife is what?
3. How much short are the household accounts in January-June 1665?
4. In July-December 1660 entries, what does the reader find out about Pepys's relationship with his wife?
5. Who resists the Royals in July-December 1660?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)