Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1661.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the highlight of January-June 1661, according to Pepys's account?
(a) Pepys' wife's birthday.
(b) The coronation of the King.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) Lord Sandwiches' vacation.
2. Where is Pepys living when the narrative begins?
(a) In town.
(b) In the country.
(c) He is renting rooms at the King's castle.
(d) He is renting rooms at the residence of Lord Sandwich.
3. In January-June 1661, what does Pepys reveal about the King?
(a) That there was an attempt to kill him in the previous year.
(b) That he had an affair with his wife.
(c) That the King is a liar.
(d) That Pepys' wife does not like the king.
4. Why was this anniversary celebrated in January-June 1660 a big deal at the time?
(a) It was tradition to celebrate any surgery survival.
(b) Just because Pepys wanted to feel important.
(c) It was a symbol of strength.
(d) It was considered major surgery then.
5. The birth of what causes Pepys to chide his wife?
(b) A calf.
(c) Her sister's baby.
(d) A baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pepys attend church as the story opens?
2. What does Pepys's new job require in January-June 1660?
3. Who praises Pepys for his new home and the status it brings?
4. What event causes Pepys to suffer in the morning afterward?
5. What is one thing Pepys's wife does with her appearance in January-June 1661?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)