|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July-December, 1667.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
(b) Valentine's Day.
(c) St. Patrick's Day.
(d) President's Day.
2. When Pepys and his wife were poorer, the wife had to help with what chores?
(a) Yard work and cooking.
(b) Sweeping and ironing.
(c) Dishes and laundry.
(d) Washing and cooking.
3. Why are several houses quarantined in January-June 1665?
(a) Pepys does not explain.
(b) Because of the plague.
(c) Because of lice.
(d) Because of measles.
4. Not only is Pepys abstaining in July-December 1661, but he is striving to be what?
(a) The first one to abstain from sex.
(b) The first one to abstain from smoking.
(c) The first one to abstain from wine.
(d) The first one to abstain from bathing.
5. What causes Pepys's worry about the financial state?
(a) Just based on a feeling he has.
(b) Someone told him to worry.
(c) A review of the ledger shows no debt but not enough income.
(d) A review of the ledgers show serious debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes expense rises again in January-June 1662?
2. Who holds a lottery in July-December 1664?
3. In his lessons in July-December 1662, what does Pepys dedicate most of his time to?
4. Who grants the king some money for the Navy in January-June 1663?
5. In July-December 1662, who commends Pepys?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)