|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July-December, 1662.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Not only is Pepys abstaining in July-December 1661, but he is striving to be what?
(a) The first one to abstain from sex.
(b) The first one to abstain from smoking.
(c) The first one to abstain from bathing.
(d) The first one to abstain from wine.
2. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
(b) His ugly maid.
(c) The play Romeo and Juliet.
(d) The country.
3. In July-December 1662, who commends Pepys?
(a) Lady Sandwich.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) The Duke of York.
(d) The King.
4. Who receives the promotion to Treasurer?
(a) Pepys wife.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
5. What causes Pepys's worry about the financial state?
(a) A review of the ledgers show serious debts.
(b) Someone told him to worry.
(c) Just based on a feeling he has.
(d) A review of the ledger shows no debt but not enough income.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is honored with a boat parade on the Thames?
2. Who does the town and Pepys often gossip about?
3. In January-June 1661, what does the King perform publicly that makes him leave quite an impression with the public?
4. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
5. What happens to those involved in resistance against the Royals?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)