|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July-December, 1662.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pepys think of the King's public performances in January-June 1661?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He thinks they are unusual for a person of such high status.
(c) He is jealous of it.
(d) He hates it.
2. In July-December 1662, who else is commended besides Pepys?
(a) Lady Sandwich.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) Pepy's servant.
(d) Pepys' wife.
3. In July-December 1662, who commends Pepys?
(a) The King.
(b) Lady Sandwich.
(c) The Duke of York.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
4. Not only is Pepys abstaining in July-December 1661, but he is striving to be what?
(a) The first one to abstain from smoking.
(b) The first one to abstain from wine.
(c) The first one to abstain from sex.
(d) The first one to abstain from bathing.
5. Who takes singing lessons?
(b) The King.
(c) Pepys' maid.
(d) Pepys's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In July-December 1660 entries, what does the reader find out about Pepys's relationship with his wife?
2. The birth of what causes Pepys to chide his wife?
3. What happens after the incident on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
4. In his plan to be frugal in January-June 1662, what is an indulgence Pepys will allow?
5. Who praises Pepys for his new home and the status it brings?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)