|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July-December, 1662.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pepys think of the King's public performances in January-June 1661?
(a) He thinks they are unusual for a person of such high status.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He is jealous of it.
(d) He loves them.
2. What happens after the incident on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
(a) The bank is closed.
(b) His wife gets angry at him.
(c) No explaination is given, and they go back to sleep.
(d) Pepys's wife seeks medical attention.
3. In July-December 1661, ambassadors of which countries fight?
(a) Germany and England.
(b) France and Germany.
(c) Spain and Germany.
(d) France and Spain.
4. Once again in January-June 1662, how is Pepys planning to have a frugal life?
(a) By abstaining from wine.
(b) By going to church more.
(c) By getting rid of servants.
(d) By no longer keeping up with fashions.
5. Who is promised a part of the buried treasure if found?
(b) Pepys's wife.
(c) The King and the Duke.
(d) Lord Sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. At church, what does Pepys do after sermons?
2. The birth of what causes Pepys to chide his wife?
3. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
4. What does Pepys think of a Midsummer Night's Dream?
5. Who is honored with a boat parade on the Thames?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)