|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1665.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are several houses quarantined in January-June 1665?
(a) Because of the plague.
(b) Because of lice.
(c) Pepys does not explain.
(d) Because of measles.
2. What does Pepys do with the gift he receives for his wife?
(a) Gives it to his sister.
(b) Gives it to Lady Lord Sandwich.
(c) Keeps it for himself.
(d) Gives it to a mistress.
3. What does Pepys do for cheaper entertainment in January-June, 1664?
(a) Invite friends over.
(b) Stay at home.
(c) Go to the country.
(d) Attend the Hanging of Turner.
4. Who dies of lung cancer in March 1664?
(a) One of the maids.
(b) Pepys's wife.
(c) Pepys's brother.
(d) Pepys's sister.
5. What does Pepys admit about the victim in the crime that he witnesses?
(a) That he never liked the murder victim.
(b) That he wishes he was in the rapist's place.
(c) That he wishes he was setting fire in the arson.
(d) That the victim deserved to be robbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes expense rises again in January-June 1662?
2. Who is honored with a boat parade on the Thames?
3. What is one thing Pepys does with his appearance in January-June 1661?
4. In January-June 1662, why does Will continue to get punished?
5. Who does Pepys blame for the civil unrest?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)