|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1665.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who grants the king some money for the Navy in January-June 1663?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Duke.
(c) Lord Sandwich.
2. How much does Pepys go into the funeral description of someone who died of lung cancer?
(a) He says a little bit, but tells us there will be more later.
(b) He only says a little bit.
(c) At length.
(d) He says nothing.
3. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
(a) The country.
(b) His ugly maid.
(d) The play Romeo and Juliet.
4. What is Pepys reasoning for only wearing the watch as long as he does?
(a) It doesn't match his outfit.
(b) It once belonged to his brother.
(c) It once belonged to the King.
(d) It's a distraction.
5. What happens after the incident on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
(a) His wife gets angry at him.
(b) The bank is closed.
(c) No explaination is given, and they go back to sleep.
(d) Pepys's wife seeks medical attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once again in January-June 1662, how is Pepys planning to have a frugal life?
2. What does Pepys think of the King's public performances in January-June 1661?
3. Why is Pepys jealous of someone in January-June 1663?
4. What does the person who Pepys calls do when he feels under the weather?
5. What is Will's punishment in January-June 1662?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)