|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1665.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the opinions of Pepys and his wife differ over the her new companion?
(a) Pepys's wife thinks she is the most beautiful person she's ever seen; he disagrees.
(b) Pepys thinks she is the most beautiful person he's ever seen; his wife disagrees.
(c) Pepys thinks she is pretty; his wife thinks she is ordinary.
(d) Pepys thinks she is ordinary; his wife thinks she is pretty.
2. What does Pepys think of the King's public performances in January-June 1661?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He is jealous of it.
(c) He thinks they are unusual for a person of such high status.
(d) He hates it.
3. What holiday is noted that Pepys observes in January-June 1661?
(a) President's Day.
(b) Valentine's Day.
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
4. What does Pepys do for cheaper entertainment in January-June, 1664?
(a) Go to the country.
(b) Invite friends over.
(c) Stay at home.
(d) Attend the Hanging of Turner.
5. What is one thing Pepys does with his appearance in January-June 1661?
(a) He grows a beard.
(b) He gets manicures.
(c) He takes an interest in the latest fashions.
(d) He goes bald.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who Pepys calls do when he feels under the weather?
2. In his plan to be frugal in January-June 1662, what is an indulgence Pepys will allow?
3. Who takes lessons with Pepys in in January-June 1663?
4. Who dies of lung cancer in March 1664?
5. What consumes much of Pepys time in January-June, 1665?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)