|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1667.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pepys and his wife were poorer, the wife had to help with what chores?
(a) Sweeping and ironing.
(b) Yard work and cooking.
(c) Washing and cooking.
(d) Dishes and laundry.
2. Who holds a lottery in July-December 1664?
(a) Sir Slingsby.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) The King.
(d) The Duke.
3. What happens on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
(a) He goes to the bank.
(b) He falls out of bed.
(c) He hits his wife in the nose.
(d) He hates himself for not meeting last year's resolutions.
4. How does Pepys feel about bribes during July-December 1664?
(a) He does not say how he feels.
(b) He returns them.
(c) It's OK for others, but not for him.
(d) He does takes them.
5. Why does Pepys wife begin collecting what she does in January-June 1667?
(a) She becomes sentimental after the fire.
(b) She is in search of a new doctor.
(c) They need the money.
(d) It is said to be good for one's complexion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
2. In July-December 1664, Pepys is seeking a case for what?
3. What happens after the incident on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
4. What play does Pepys see in July-December, 1664?
5. What does the person who Pepys calls do when he feels under the weather?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)