|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1667.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is Pepys worth at the end of 1664?
(b) 1,439 pounds.
(c) 1,349 pounds.
(d) 5,000 pounds.
2. What happens on New Year's Day 1662 when Pepys wakes up?
(a) He goes to the bank.
(b) He hits his wife in the nose.
(c) He hates himself for not meeting last year's resolutions.
(d) He falls out of bed.
3. In January-June 1662, why does Will continue to get punished?
(a) For dropping things.
(b) For not sending messages.
(c) He does not show up to work.
(d) For attitude infractions and stealing.
4. Who is honored with a boat parade on the Thames?
(a) Lady Lord Sandwich.
(b) The Queen.
(d) Pepys's wife.
5. What play does Pepys see in July-December, 1664?
(a) The General.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What milestone does Pepys forget in 1664?
2. Who holds a lottery in July-December 1664?
3. What does the person who Pepys calls do when he feels under the weather?
4. What kind of problem does Pepys have with his wife when July-December 1664 opens?
5. What is Pepys's excuse this time in January-June 1667 for making an exception to his vow not to drink wine?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)