|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through January-June, 1667.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pepys and his wife were poorer, the wife had to help with what chores?
(a) Sweeping and ironing.
(b) Dishes and laundry.
(c) Washing and cooking.
(d) Yard work and cooking.
2. In January-June 1662, who is increasing their threats?
(a) The English.
(b) The French and the Dutch.
(c) Only the Dutch.
(d) The Germans.
3. Who holds a lottery in July-December 1664?
(a) The King.
(b) Lord Sandwich.
(c) The Duke.
(d) Sir Slingsby.
4. What does Pepys think of the play he sees in July-December, 1664?
(a) He has no opinion.
(b) It's good.
(c) He wants to star in it.
(d) It's bad.
5. In July-December, 1664, who is Pepys continuing an affair with?
(b) His uncle's wife.
(c) Mrs. Lane.
(d) Lady Lord Sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his plan to be frugal in January-June 1662, what is an indulgence Pepys will allow?
2. What becomes expense rises again in January-June 1662?
3. What does Pepys rate as the worst thing he has ever seen in his life?
4. In January-June 1662, why does Will continue to get punished?
5. Who is honored with a boat parade on the Thames?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)