1. Where is Pepys living when the narrative begins?
(a) In the country.
(b) He is renting rooms at the King's castle.
(c) He is renting rooms at the residence of Lord Sandwich.
(d) In town.
2. What does Pepys do for work in January-June 1660?
(b) Various jobs for Lord Sandwich.
(d) Clerk at a store in town.
3. What kind of musical interests does Pepys have in January-June 1660?
(a) Just instrumental.
(b) Just vocal.
(c) Both instrumental and vocal.
(d) He hates music.
4. Where does Pepys attend church as the story opens?
(a) The location varies.
(b) Far away from his home.
(c) Near his home.
(d) He does not attend church.
5. In January-June 1660, what does Pepys celebrate the anniversary of?
(a) The removal of a bladder stone.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) The removal of a kidney stone.
(d) His wedding.
6. Why was this anniversary celebrated in January-June 1660 a big deal at the time?
(a) It was considered major surgery then.
(b) It was a symbol of strength.
(c) It was tradition to celebrate any surgery survival.
(d) Just because Pepys wanted to feel important.
This section contains 4,185 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)