1. Where is Pepys living when the narrative begins?
(a) In the country.
(b) He is renting rooms at the King's castle.
(c) He is renting rooms at the residence of Lord Sandwich.
(d) In town.
2. What does Pepys do for work in January-June 1660?
(c) Clerk at a store in town.
(d) Various jobs for Lord Sandwich.
3. What kind of musical interests does Pepys have in January-June 1660?
(a) Just vocal.
(b) Both instrumental and vocal.
(c) Just instrumental.
(d) He hates music.
4. Where does Pepys attend church as the story opens?
(a) He does not attend church.
(b) Near his home.
(c) Far away from his home.
(d) The location varies.
5. In January-June 1660, what does Pepys celebrate the anniversary of?
(a) The removal of a kidney stone.
(b) His wedding.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) The removal of a bladder stone.
6. Why was this anniversary celebrated in January-June 1660 a big deal at the time?
(a) It was considered major surgery then.
(b) It was tradition to celebrate any surgery survival.
(c) Just because Pepys wanted to feel important.
(d) It was a symbol of strength.
This section contains 4,185 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)