|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne tell Peter she loves to do most in hiding?
2. Who does Anne apologize to when Miep brings good news on the day the food thief is caught?
3. How long has it been since Miep has last visited the families when they begin to worry after the invasion on Normandy?
4. What month are the Franks sent to a second concentration camp?
5. What is Miep doing when the Franks are captured?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
Essay Topic 2
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What are some of these instances, and how are those characters affected by the manipulation?
Essay Topic 3
Compassion and empathy are themes present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of these themes, and how does the presence of these themes affect the outcome of this book?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)