|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Van Daan chastise Peter for on the Friday when Miep doesn't come to them?
2. How long have they been in hiding when the person stealing food is caught?
3. What does Mr. Frank ask of everybody he meets when he is first released from the second concentration camp?
4. What news does Miep bring on the day the food thief is caught?
5. What does Peter say makes the situation more bearable for him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how do their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Are these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Goodrich. What are some of these symbols, and how does their presence affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Goodrich presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the play and write about their dual natures and how this duality affected the characters around them.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)