|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Margot been sick with during the winter?
2. What does Peter say he hates most about being in hiding?
3. What does Mr. Kraler need an operation for?
4. What does Anne tell Peter she wants to be when she grows up?
5. How long have they been in hiding when the person stealing food is caught?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Goodrich. What are some of these symbols, and how does their presence affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2Compassion and empathy are themes present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of these themes, and how does the presence of these themes affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 3This play takes place during World War II. How does this historical and world changing event affect this plot and the characters in it?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)