|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Anne and Peter have their visits together?
2. Why does Mr. Van Daan begin crying when Miep brings the good news on the day the food thief is caught?
3. What is the name of the second concentration camp that Anne is sent to?
4. What does Peter beg of Anne as she leaves their visit after talking about kissing?
5. What does Peter say makes the situation more bearable for him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book, and what affect do they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 3
Compassion and empathy are themes present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of these themes, and how does the presence of these themes affect the outcome of this book?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)