|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter ask Miep to look for on the streets when she brings a New Year's present?
2. Where do Anne and Peter have their visits together?
3. Who does Anne apologize to when Miep brings good news on the day the food thief is caught?
4. How does Anne view her life in the grand scheme of things?
5. Who does Mr. Dussel lay the blame on if they are found in their hiding place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maturity is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and it is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
Essay Topic 2
Much of this plot follows the relationship between Anne and Peter. How does this relationship change over the course of the plot, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Goodrich presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the play and write about their dual natures and how this duality affected the characters around them.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)