|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Frank say Anne liked about the first concentration camp?
2. How long have they been in hiding when the person stealing food is caught?
3. What month are the Franks sent to a second concentration camp?
4. What does Mr. Van Daan give Miep to sell after the New Year's treat?
5. What is the validation for the person who is caught stealing food?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was an emotion that affected a number of the characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by despair, and how does this change the course of the plot branches they are involved in?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a central theme of this play. What are the main friendships, and how does their inclusion in this play affect the outcome of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)