|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miep doing when the Franks are captured?
2. How does Anne view her life in the grand scheme of things?
3. What does Anne smell on Miep's coat at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What is the name of the man who gives the families vegetables?
5. Why does Mrs. Frank tell Margot she is lucky?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a central theme of this play. What are the main friendships, and how does their inclusion in this play affect the outcome of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Goodrich. What are some of these symbols, and how does their presence affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)