|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have they been in hiding when the person stealing food is caught?
2. What does Peter ask Miep to look for on the streets when she brings a New Year's present?
3. What does Mr. Frank say about Anne when he finishes reading her diary?
4. How does Mr. Frank say Anne felt in the first of her time at the concentration camp?
5. What does Mr. Van Daan give Miep to sell after the New Year's treat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book, and what affect do they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Compassion and empathy are themes present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of these themes, and how does the presence of these themes affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 3
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embody this theme, and how does that pursuit affect the characters involved?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)