|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Frank say calmed him at the end of the play?
2. How long has it been since Miep has last visited the families when they begin to worry after the invasion on Normandy?
3. Who divides the remaining food after the person stealing food is caught?
4. What does Anne tell Peter she loves to do most in hiding?
5. Why do the Van Daans not leave the country when Mr. Van Daan first wants to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Kraler was a minor character in this book who made a huge impact on the plot. How does he accomplish this, and how would the plot have been altered had he not been included in the story line?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how do their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Are these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
This play takes place during World War II. How does this historical and world changing event affect this plot and the characters in it?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)