|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Frank hug when Miep brings good news on the day the food thief is caught?
2. What does Mr. Van Daan give Miep to sell after the New Year's treat?
3. Where is the first concentration camp that Anne is held at?
4. Who takes Anne what Mr. Van Daan tried to steal when Anne stormed off to her room?
5. Who divides the remaining food after the person stealing food is caught?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Goodrich have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Goodrich presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the play and write about their dual natures and how this duality affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Human nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)