|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter ask Miep to look for on the streets when she brings a New Year's present?
2. What does Mr. Van Daan give Miep to sell after the New Year's treat?
3. How long have they been in hiding when the person stealing food is caught?
4. Who takes Anne what Mr. Van Daan tried to steal when Anne stormed off to her room?
5. What does Peter say has changed about Anne after a year and a half in hiding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Goodrich presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the play and write about their dual natures and how this duality affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Human nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)