|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Van Daans not leave the country when Mr. Van Daan first wants to?
2. How does Mr. Frank say Anne felt in the first of her time at the concentration camp?
3. What is Anne's sweet secret?
4. What does Peter beg of Anne as she leaves their visit after talking about kissing?
5. Why does Mr. Dussel say he wants Mrs. Frank to divide the New Year's treat Miep brought them?
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how do their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Are these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Goodrich presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the play and write about their dual natures and how this duality affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)