|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Miep has last visited the families when they begin to worry after the invasion on Normandy?
2. What does Anne loan Peter to decorate his room with?
3. What does Mr. Van Daan chastise Peter for on the Friday when Miep doesn't come to them?
4. Who makes the dramatic statement that they will all die in the hiding place?
5. What does Peter say he hates most about being in hiding?
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how do their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Are these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Goodrich. What are some of these symbols, and how does their presence affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)