|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne tell Peter has changed about her since she came into hiding?
2. What does Margot tell Anne she is jealous of?
3. What does Peter say he can live with now when the police arrive?
4. What does Peter say has changed about Anne after a year and a half in hiding?
5. What does Peter ask Miep to look for on the streets when she brings a New Year's present?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Goodrich. What are some of these symbols, and how does their presence affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Maturity is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and it is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
Essay Topic 3
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)