|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who helps Mr. Frank during the war?
(a) Mr. Kreller.
(b) Mr. Kroller.
(c) Mr. Kraler.
(d) Mr. Kruller.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Anne says she wants to do when she gets out of hiding?
(a) Go to the doctors.
(b) Get new clothes.
(c) Sit in a bathtub.
3. What gift does Anne give to Mrs. Van Daan?
(a) A book.
(d) A necklace.
4. Who are the Franks afraid will find them in hiding?
(a) Mr. Frank's boss.
(b) The Danes.
(c) The Gestapo.
5. What is the name of the institution helping people in hiding?
(a) Hitler Youth.
(b) The White Market.
(c) The Star of David.
(d) The Hiding Spies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Anne give to her mother?
2. Which side of Anne does she say is on the surface while she is in hiding?
3. What does Anne spill onto Mrs. Van Daan's prized possession?
4. How old is the girl who comes to help Mr. Frank at the beginning of the book?
5. How does Peter describe himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Peter and Anne say about their parents during their visits together?
2. What does Mr. Frank say just as the police pull up to the building?
3. What does Anne tell Peter is the worst part of hiding for her?
4. What line from Anne's diary touches her father the most?
5. What does Mr. Frank say at the end of the play after reading Anne's diary?
6. Why is Peter so worried about his cat at the beginning of Act 2, and who teases him most about this?
7. What does Anne ask Margot before she visits with Peter, and how does Margot respond?
8. What does everyone do after Mrs. Van Daan criticizes Mr. Dussel during the Hannukah celebration?
9. How does Mrs. Frank respond when someone is caught stealing food?
10. What does Anne remember about the day she and her family went into hiding?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)