|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first offers to stay with Anne on the night she wakes the entire house?
(b) Mr. Frank.
(c) Mrs. Frank.
2. Which of the following is NOT something that Anne is not allowed to do when the war begins?
(a) Go to the movies.
(b) Ride street cars.
(c) Walk on the sidewalks.
(d) Go to school.
3. Where does this play take place?
4. How does Peter describe himself?
(b) Social butterfly.
(c) Lone wolf.
5. What does Anne pretend to be on the day Miep is late?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan.
(b) A cat.
(d) A clown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Anne give Peter?
2. What does Mrs. Van Daan ask Mr. Frank to do for Peter?
3. Why does Mr. Frank ask the Van Daans to hide with them?
4. What does Mr. Frank pick up when he enters the stage at the beginning of the play?
5. What gift does Anne give to Mrs. Van Daan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mrs. Frank tries to comfort Anne after her nightmares?
2. What does everyone do after Mrs. Van Daan criticizes Mr. Dussel during the Hannukah celebration?
3. What does Anne remember about the day she and her family went into hiding?
4. What happens to Mr. Dussel after Peter and Anne finish their conversation on New Year's?
5. What happens when Mr. Frank is freed from Auschwitz?
6. Who does Mr. Van Daan blame for his life ending up in hiding, and what are his reasons for thinking this way?
7. What does Mr. Frank say just as the police pull up to the building?
8. What does Peter say he wants to be when he grows up, and how does Anne respond to this?
9. What does Mr. Kraler tell the hiding families before he leaves?
10. What line from Anne's diary touches her father the most?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)