|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Van Daan's prized possession?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A fur coat.
(c) A painting.
(d) A ring.
2. Who are the Franks afraid will find them in hiding?
(b) The Gestapo.
(c) Mr. Frank's boss.
(d) The Danes.
3. What is the first holiday celebrated by the hiding families?
(a) Harvest Feast.
4. What subject does Anne learn better than her father?
5. What does Anne hear in the distance after asking Mrs. Van Daan about her life before marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Margot worried will happen to her fiance?
2. Why does Mr. Frank ask the Van Daans to hide with them?
3. Who first offers to stay with Anne on the night she wakes the entire house?
4. Which side of herself does Anne wish was on the surface while she is in hiding?
5. What color uniform do the Gestapo wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne tell her father when they are alone after her nightmare?
2. Why does Anne say she is being so mean to the other people in the house after her nightmare?
3. What does Mr. Frank say that Anne felt like in the first concentration camp?
4. What does Mr. Van Daan give to Miep to sell, and what does he want her to buy with it?
5. What very important question does Anne ask Peter about Margot, and how does Peter respond to this?
6. What does Mrs. Frank scold Anne about, and how does Anne respond to this?
7. What does Anne write about in her journal after Mr. Dussel moves into her room?
8. What happens with the phone in the office on the day the families are captured?
9. What does Anne write about in her diary at the beginning of Act 2?
10. Why is Peter so worried about his cat at the beginning of Act 2, and who teases him most about this?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)