|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne call Miep and Mr. Kraler?
(a) The havens.
(b) The saviors.
(c) The angels.
(d) The protectors.
2. What does Mrs. Van Daan criticize Mr. Dussel for during the first holiday celebrated while in hiding?
(a) He does not know about Hannukah.
(b) He celebrates Christian holidays.
(c) He falls asleep during the ritual.
(d) He complains about the lack of food.
3. What gift does Anne's father give her on their first day in the hiding place?
(a) A diary.
(b) Some paints.
(c) A book.
(d) A necklace.
4. Who corrects Anne's homework while they are in hiding?
(c) Mrs. Frank.
(d) Mr. Frank.
5. How old is Margot when she goes into hiding?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Anne give to Mr. Van Daan?
2. What frightens Anne the most on her first night in hiding?
3. What occupation does Mr. Frank have before he goes into hiding?
4. What gift does Anne give to her father?
5. What does Mrs. Frank ask Anne to do when Mr. Van Daan calls her rude?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Kraler tell the hiding families before he leaves?
2. What does Anne ask Margot before she visits with Peter, and how does Margot respond?
3. What does everyone do after Mrs. Van Daan criticizes Mr. Dussel during the Hannukah celebration?
4. Why does Mr. Frank say he is not staying in the city?
5. Why does Mr. Frank move to Holland?
6. What good news does Miep bring to the hiding families on the day the food thief is caught?
7. What does Mr. Frank do when he first enters the stage?
8. What does Anne write about in her diary at the beginning of Act 2?
9. What does Mr. Frank say to comfort Mrs. Van Daan when they meet at the hiding place?
10. What happens when the Germans come into power in Holland?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)