|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter do to play a prank on Mr. Dussel?
(a) Hides his reading glasses.
(b) Locks his door.
(c) Pretends to bring his cat out of his room.
(d) Pretends to not be able to hear him.
2. What date does Anne start her diary?
(a) July 6.
(b) June 16.
(c) June 6.
(d) January 26.
3. Who are the Franks afraid will find them in hiding?
(a) The Gestapo.
(c) The Danes.
(d) Mr. Frank's boss.
4. What gift does Anne give Mr. Dussel?
(a) A razor.
(b) A book.
(c) A hat.
(d) Ear plugs.
5. Why does Mr. Frank ask the Van Daans to hide with them?
(a) They had been family friends for years.
(b) Mr. Van Daan was willing to pay.
(c) Mr. Van Daan helped Mr. Frank when he first moved.
(d) Mrs. Van Daan begged for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Anne give to Margot?
2. What happens to Anne when they hear a noise down below the apartment?
3. What does Peter do when he gets embarrassed?
4. Who goes down to investigate the sound from down below the apartment?
5. What does Mr. Frank pick up when he enters the stage at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Frank respond when someone is caught stealing food?
2. What does Mr. Frank say to comfort Mrs. Van Daan when they meet at the hiding place?
3. What happens a few weeks after Anne writes about rats stealing their food?
4. What happens when Anne gets a box from her father on their first day in hiding?
5. Where is Miep and what is she doing when the Franks are captured?
6. Why is Mrs. Frank trying to be supportive of the visits between Anne and Peter?
7. Why does Anne say she is being so mean to the other people in the house after her nightmare?
8. What does Anne try to do to comfort Peter just before the police show up to the apartment?
9. What does Anne say she wants to do with her life after the food thief is found?
10. Why does Mr. Frank say he is not staying in the city?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)