|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the friend of Anne's that is taken away?
2. What color uniform do the Gestapo wear?
3. What does Anne put in Mr. Dussel's bed as a prank?
(a) A dead rat.
(b) Peter's cat.
(c) A wet mop.
(d) A rag doll.
4. What does Mrs. Van Daan criticize Mr. Dussel for during the first holiday celebrated while in hiding?
(a) He complains about the lack of food.
(b) He does not know about Hannukah.
(c) He celebrates Christian holidays.
(d) He falls asleep during the ritual.
5. What does Anne do that wakes everyone in the house one night?
(d) Drops books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first holiday celebrated by the hiding families?
2. How does Peter describe himself?
3. What does the girl save for Mr. Frank to look at?
4. What is the name of the girl who comes to help Mr. Frank at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Mr. Frank say is a benefit of what is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mrs. Van Daan so worried about when we first meet her in this play?
2. What very important question does Anne ask Peter about Margot, and how does Peter respond to this?
3. What does Mr. Frank say just as the police pull up to the building?
4. What does Anne say she wants to do with her life after the food thief is found?
5. Why is Mrs. Frank trying to be supportive of the visits between Anne and Peter?
6. What happens when Mr. Frank is freed from Auschwitz?
7. What does Peter say he wants to be when he grows up, and how does Anne respond to this?
8. What does Mr. Frank do when he first enters the stage?
9. What does Mr. Frank say that Anne felt like in the first concentration camp?
10. What does Mr. Kraler ask of the hiding family, and what is their response?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)