|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does Anne start her diary?
2. What is Mrs. Van Daan most proud of about her body?
(a) Her waist is thin.
(b) Her hair is long and shiny.
(c) Her fingernails are long.
(d) She has great legs.
3. What does Mr. Frank pick up when he enters the stage at the beginning of the play?
(a) A hat.
(b) A glove.
(c) A book.
(d) A stuffed bear.
4. How old is the girl who comes to help Mr. Frank at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the name of the friend of Anne's that is taken away?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Anne give Peter?
2. Who knocks over the lamp when they hear a noise down below the apartment?
3. What is the name of the man who helps Mr. Frank during the war?
4. Where do the Allies land in the first November of hiding?
5. Who does Anne say is the only person she loves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Frank move to Holland?
2. Who divides up the remaining food after the thief has been caught, and what does Margot say about this?
3. What does Anne tell her father when they are alone after her nightmare?
4. What does Anne say she wants to do with her life after the food thief is found?
5. Where is Miep and what is she doing when the Franks are captured?
6. What does everyone do after Mrs. Van Daan criticizes Mr. Dussel during the Hannukah celebration?
7. What does Mr. Frank say at the end of the play after reading Anne's diary?
8. What happens with the phone in the office on the day the families are captured?
9. Why does Mr. Frank say he is not staying in the city?
10. What does Anne write about in her diary at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)