|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What date does Anne start her diary?
(a) June 6.
(b) June 16.
(c) January 26.
(d) July 6.
2. What is the name of the friend of Anne's that is taken away?
3. What gift does Anne give to Mrs. Van Daan?
(a) A necklace.
(c) A book.
4. What is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
(b) Air raids.
5. What does Anne do that wakes everyone in the house one night?
(d) Drops books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wakes Anne up on the day they go into hiding?
2. What does Peter do with his yellow star?
3. Why does Mr. Frank say he is leaving the city at the beginning of the book?
4. Which of the following is NOT something that Anne is not allowed to do when the war begins?
5. What gift does Anne give to her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne give to Mrs. Van Daan, and how does she make it?
2. What does Anne say about the world on the day she and her family are captured?
3. What does Mr. Frank say that Anne felt like in the first concentration camp?
4. What good news does Miep bring to the hiding families on the day the food thief is caught?
5. What happens a few weeks after Anne writes about rats stealing their food?
6. What does Anne write about in her diary at the beginning of Act 2?
7. What happens when Peter and Anne take off their yellow stars?
8. What does Anne try to do to comfort Peter just before the police show up to the apartment?
9. What is the setting of the last scene of the play?
10. What trick does Peter play on Mr. Dussel on Hannukah?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)