|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frightens Anne the most on her first night in hiding?
(a) The dark.
(b) The silence.
(c) The voices.
(d) The newness.
2. What word does Anne use to describe what is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
3. What does Mrs. Van Daan ask Mr. Frank to do for Peter?
(a) Teach him about girls.
(b) Tutor him.
(c) Comfort him.
(d) Heal his cat.
4. What does Mrs. Van Daan criticize Mr. Dussel for during the first holiday celebrated while in hiding?
(a) He falls asleep during the ritual.
(b) He celebrates Christian holidays.
(c) He does not know about Hannukah.
(d) He complains about the lack of food.
5. Why does Mr. Frank ask the Van Daans to hide with them?
(a) Mr. Van Daan was willing to pay.
(b) Mrs. Van Daan begged for help.
(c) They had been family friends for years.
(d) Mr. Van Daan helped Mr. Frank when he first moved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne pretend to be on the day Miep is late?
2. What gift does Anne give to Mrs. Van Daan?
3. Which side of herself does Anne wish was on the surface while she is in hiding?
4. What date does Anne start her diary?
5. What does Peter want to do when he gets out of hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Van Daan give to Miep to sell, and what does he want her to buy with it?
2. What happens when Mr. Frank is freed from Auschwitz?
3. Why is Mr. Dussel so frustrated by Anne's nightmares?
4. What happens with the phone in the office on the day the families are captured?
5. Why does Anne say she is being so mean to the other people in the house after her nightmare?
6. Why does Mr. Frank move to Holland?
7. What does Mr. Frank say that Anne felt like in the first concentration camp?
8. Who does Mr. Van Daan blame for his life ending up in hiding, and what are his reasons for thinking this way?
9. What does Anne write about in her diary at the beginning of Act 2?
10. What does Mr. Frank say at the end of the play after reading Anne's diary?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)