|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frightens Anne the most on her first night in hiding?
(a) The newness.
(b) The dark.
(c) The silence.
(d) The voices.
2. Why does Mr. Frank say he is leaving the city at the beginning of the book?
(a) There are too many memories.
(b) He wants to find his family.
(c) He is scared to stay.
(d) His business is destroyed.
3. Who corrects Anne's homework while they are in hiding?
(a) Mr. Frank.
(b) Mrs. Frank.
4. How does Peter describe himself?
(c) Social butterfly.
(d) Lone wolf.
5. What does Mrs. Van Daan criticize Mr. Dussel for during the first holiday celebrated while in hiding?
(a) He does not know about Hannukah.
(b) He complains about the lack of food.
(c) He falls asleep during the ritual.
(d) He celebrates Christian holidays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne call Miep and Mr. Kraler?
2. What year does Anne start her diary?
3. What does the girl save for Mr. Frank to look at?
4. What question does Anne ask Mrs. Van Daan about her life before her marriage?
5. What does Mr. Frank do when he picks up the item at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Van Daan criticize Mr. Dussel for during the Hannukah celebration?
2. What does Mr. Frank say at the end of the play after reading Anne's diary?
3. Why is Peter so worried about his cat at the beginning of Act 2, and who teases him most about this?
4. What does Anne say she misses most about her freedom after a year and a half of hiding?
5. Why is Mrs. Frank trying to be supportive of the visits between Anne and Peter?
6. What happens when Anne gets a box from her father on their first day in hiding?
7. Why does Anne say she is being so mean to the other people in the house after her nightmare?
8. Who does Mr. Van Daan blame for his life ending up in hiding, and what are his reasons for thinking this way?
9. What does Anne remember about the day she and her family went into hiding?
10. What do Peter and Anne say about their parents during their visits together?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)