|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Van Daan's son bring with him into hiding?
(a) His guitar.
(b) His painting supplies.
(c) His cat.
(d) A case of books.
2. What is the name of the man who helps Mr. Frank during the war?
(a) Mr. Kraler.
(b) Mr. Kruller.
(c) Mr. Kreller.
(d) Mr. Kroller.
3. What is the name of the Van Daan's son?
4. What is Miep listening to after asking Mrs. Van Daan about her life before marriage?
(a) The train.
(b) The bombing.
(c) A reprimand from her boss.
(d) The radio.
5. Where do the Allies land in the first November of hiding?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first offers to stay with Anne on the night she wakes the entire house?
2. What does Mrs. Van Daan criticize Mr. Dussel for during the first holiday celebrated while in hiding?
3. Who does Anne say is the only person she loves?
4. What is the first holiday celebrated by the hiding families?
5. What does Anne do with her yellow star?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Anne gets a box from her father on their first day in hiding?
2. What happens when the Germans come into power in Holland?
3. What does Mr. Van Daan give to Miep to sell, and what does he want her to buy with it?
4. Who does Mr. Van Daan blame for his life ending up in hiding, and what are his reasons for thinking this way?
5. What does Mrs. Van Daan criticize Mr. Dussel for during the Hannukah celebration?
6. Why is Mrs. Frank trying to be supportive of the visits between Anne and Peter?
7. What does Mr. Frank say at the end of the play after reading Anne's diary?
8. What does Mr. Kraler ask of the hiding family, and what is their response?
9. What happens to Mr. Dussel after Peter and Anne finish their conversation on New Year's?
10. What does Anne tell her father when they are alone after her nightmare?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)