|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Anne use to describe what is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
2. What does Peter want to do when he gets out of hiding?
(a) Go to school.
(b) Go to a movie.
(c) Go to the grocery store.
(d) Go to a museum.
3. What is Mrs. Van Daan's prized possession?
(a) A painting.
(b) A fur coat.
(c) A ring.
(d) A necklace.
4. What is Mr. Dussel's occupation?
5. Which side of Anne does she say is on the surface while she is in hiding?
(a) The mean Anne.
(b) The silly Anne.
(c) The serious Anne.
(d) The nice Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date does Anne start her diary?
2. What does Mr. Frank tell the girl to do with what she saved for him after the war?
3. How often do Mr. Kraler and Miep promise to visit the hiding families when they first go into hiding?
4. What is the name of the man who helps Mr. Frank during the war?
5. What gift does Anne's father give her on their first day in the hiding place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens a few weeks after Anne writes about rats stealing their food?
2. What happens to Mr. Dussel after Peter and Anne finish their conversation on New Year's?
3. Where is Miep and what is she doing when the Franks are captured?
4. What does Anne say she misses most about her freedom after a year and a half of hiding?
5. Who breaks into the office below the apartment, and what could this mean for the hiding families?
6. What does Anne say about the world on the day she and her family are captured?
7. What line from Anne's diary touches her father the most?
8. What happens while Anne explains to the group what she wants to be when she grows up?
9. What does Anne give to Mrs. Van Daan, and how does she make it?
10. What does Anne say she wants to do with her life after the food thief is found?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)