|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Anne use to describe what is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
2. What gift does Anne give to her father?
(a) A book.
(b) A poem.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A hat.
3. What is Mrs. Van Daan's prized possession?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A fur coat.
(c) A painting.
(d) A ring.
4. What does Mr. Frank do when he picks up the item at the beginning of the play?
5. What does the Van Daan's son bring with him into hiding?
(a) His cat.
(b) His guitar.
(c) His painting supplies.
(d) A case of books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the holiday song at the end of Act 1?
2. What gift does Anne give to her mother?
3. What does Anne have to wear on the day they go into hiding?
4. What gift does Anne give to Mrs. Van Daan?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Anne says she wants to do when she gets out of hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne write about in her journal after Mr. Dussel moves into her room?
2. Why does Mr. Frank say he is not staying in the city?
3. What happens when Mrs. Frank tries to comfort Anne after her nightmares?
4. What happens with the phone in the office on the day the families are captured?
5. What does Mr. Dussel say when Mr. Van Daan complains about the rations?
6. What does Anne ask Margot before she visits with Peter, and how does Margot respond?
7. What does Mr. Kraler tell the hiding families before he leaves?
8. What happens when Peter and Anne take off their yellow stars?
9. What is the setting of the last scene of the play?
10. What does Anne try to do to comfort Peter just before the police show up to the apartment?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)