|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the friend of Anne's that is taken away?
2. What gift does Anne give to Margot?
(a) A poem.
(b) A book.
(c) A necklace.
(d) Some art supplies.
3. What is the first holiday celebrated by the hiding families?
(d) Harvest Feast.
4. What does Mr. Frank pick up when he enters the stage at the beginning of the play?
(a) A hat.
(b) A book.
(c) A stuffed bear.
(d) A glove.
5. What does Peter call Anne that makes her very angry?
(a) Mrs. Bray Neigh.
(b) Mrs. Quack Quack.
(c) Mrs. Oink Oink.
(d) Mrs. Moo Moo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
2. What date does Anne start her diary?
3. What is the name of the institution helping people in hiding?
4. How old is Margot when she goes into hiding?
5. How old is the girl who comes to help Mr. Frank at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne say she misses most about her freedom after a year and a half of hiding?
2. What does Mr. Van Daan give to Miep to sell, and what does he want her to buy with it?
3. What does Mr. Frank say just as the police pull up to the building?
4. Why does Anne say she is being so mean to the other people in the house after her nightmare?
5. What does Anne tell her father she wants to do when she gets out of hiding?
6. What does Anne try to do to comfort Peter just before the police show up to the apartment?
7. What does Mr. Frank say to comfort Mrs. Van Daan when they meet at the hiding place?
8. What does Anne write about in her journal after Mr. Dussel moves into her room?
9. Who breaks into the office below the apartment, and what could this mean for the hiding families?
10. What do Peter and Anne say about their parents during their visits together?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)