|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Van Daan criticize Mr. Dussel for during the first holiday celebrated while in hiding?
(a) He celebrates Christian holidays.
(b) He falls asleep during the ritual.
(c) He complains about the lack of food.
(d) He does not know about Hannukah.
2. What question does Anne ask Mrs. Van Daan about her life before her marriage?
(a) If she was scared.
(b) If she had many boyfriends.
(c) If she wanted to have children.
(d) If she liked being a Jew.
3. What does Mr. Frank say is a benefit of what is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
(a) The police will be too busy to find them.
(b) They will hear more news.
(c) The war will end sooner.
(d) There will be less hiding.
4. What does Anne do with her yellow star?
(a) Throws it out the window.
(b) Puts it in a drawer.
(c) Frames it.
(d) Burns it.
5. What date does Anne start her diary?
(a) June 16.
(b) June 6.
(c) January 26.
(d) July 6.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Anne give to Mrs. Van Daan?
2. What happens to Anne when they hear a noise down below the apartment?
3. What does Mrs. Van Daan ask Mr. Frank to do for Peter?
4. How old is the girl who comes to help Mr. Frank at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the name of the man who helps Mr. Frank during the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne say about the world on the day she and her family are captured?
2. What does Anne tell her father when they are alone after her nightmare?
3. Why does Anne say she is being so mean to the other people in the house after her nightmare?
4. What does Anne remember about the day she and her family went into hiding?
5. What does Anne tell her father she wants to do when she gets out of hiding?
6. What does Anne try to do to comfort Peter just before the police show up to the apartment?
7. What happens when the Germans come into power in Holland?
8. What does Mr. Frank say at the end of the play after reading Anne's diary?
9. What does Anne write about in her journal after Mr. Dussel moves into her room?
10. What does Anne write about in her diary at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)