|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne do to play a trick on Peter?
(a) Hides his shoes.
(b) Pets his cat.
(c) Whispers into his ear.
(d) Ignores him.
2. How do the hiding families plan to get rid of their trash while they are hiding?
(a) Flushing it down the toilet.
(b) Burning it in the stove.
(c) Throwing it out the window.
(d) Putting it in the business trash at night.
3. What does Anne think will happen if she is serious with the people she lives with?
(a) They will laugh at her.
(b) They will not like her.
(c) They will not understand her.
(d) They will stop worrying about her.
4. What do the hiding families have for dinner for the first little while they are in hiding?
5. What happens to Anne when they hear a noise down below the apartment?
(a) She cries.
(b) She runs to the window.
(c) She faints.
(d) She screams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Anne ask Mrs. Van Daan about her life before her marriage?
2. What does Anne do that wakes everyone in the house one night?
3. What is the name of the institution helping people in hiding?
4. What gift does Anne give to her father?
5. What does Mr. Frank do when he picks up the item at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Frank say he is not staying in the city?
2. What does Anne ask Margot before she visits with Peter, and how does Margot respond?
3. What does Anne tell Peter is the worst part of hiding for her?
4. What does Mr. Frank say to comfort Mrs. Van Daan when they meet at the hiding place?
5. What does Anne say she wants to do with her life after the food thief is found?
6. Where is Miep and what is she doing when the Franks are captured?
7. What does Mrs. Frank say to Anne about her visits in Peter's room?
8. How does Mrs. Frank respond when someone is caught stealing food?
9. What does Anne say she misses most about her freedom after a year and a half of hiding?
10. What does Anne try to do to comfort Peter just before the police show up to the apartment?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)