|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does Anne start her diary?
2. What happens to Anne when they hear a noise down below the apartment?
(a) She screams.
(b) She faints.
(c) She cries.
(d) She runs to the window.
3. Who does Anne ask to sit with her on the night she wakes the entire house?
(a) Mrs. Frank.
(c) Mr. Frank.
4. What do the hiding families have for dinner for the first little while they are in hiding?
5. Why does Mr. Frank say he is leaving the city at the beginning of the book?
(a) He wants to find his family.
(b) His business is destroyed.
(c) There are too many memories.
(d) He is scared to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl save for Mr. Frank to look at?
2. What does Peter call Anne that makes her very angry?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Anne says she wants to do when she gets out of hiding?
4. What is Margot worried will happen to her fiance?
5. What is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Germans come into power in Holland?
2. What does Mr. Frank say to comfort Mrs. Van Daan when they meet at the hiding place?
3. What does Mrs. Van Daan criticize Mr. Dussel for during the Hannukah celebration?
4. What prank does Anne play on Mr. Dussel just before her nightmare?
5. What does Anne do as the doors of the hiding place are knocked down?
6. Why is Peter so worried about his cat at the beginning of Act 2, and who teases him most about this?
7. Why does Mr. Frank move to Holland?
8. What does Mr. Frank say at the end of the play after reading Anne's diary?
9. What good news does Miep bring to the hiding families on the day the food thief is caught?
10. What frightens Anne the most on her first night in hiding?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)