|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Frank ask Anne to do when Mr. Van Daan calls her rude?
(a) Finish her homework.
(b) Begin making dinner.
(c) Clean the dishes.
(d) Get her knitting.
2. Which side of herself does Anne wish was on the surface while she is in hiding?
(a) The serious Anne.
(b) The mean Anne.
(c) The silly Anne.
(d) The nice Anne.
3. Who does Anne ask to sit with her on the night she wakes the entire house?
(a) Mrs. Frank.
(d) Mr. Frank.
4. What is Margot worried will happen to her fiance?
(a) He will be killed on the street.
(b) He will be sent to a work camp.
(c) He will marry another girl.
(d) He will join the war.
5. What does Anne do to play a trick on Peter?
(a) Ignores him.
(b) Hides his shoes.
(c) Whispers into his ear.
(d) Pets his cat.
6. What does Peter do to play a prank on Mr. Dussel?
(a) Locks his door.
(b) Pretends to bring his cat out of his room.
(c) Pretends to not be able to hear him.
(d) Hides his reading glasses.
7. What does Mr. Frank tell Anne there are no locks for?
(a) Her dreams.
(b) He soul.
(c) Her mind.
8. How often do Mr. Kraler and Miep promise to visit the hiding families when they first go into hiding?
(a) Every other day.
9. Where does this play take place?
10. What date does Anne start her diary?
(a) June 6.
(b) January 26.
(c) June 16.
(d) July 6.
11. Who leads the families in the first holiday ritual celebrated while in hiding?
(a) Mr. Van Daan.
(b) Mr. Dussel.
(c) Mr. Frank.
12. What does Anne say she will consider the hiding house on her first day there?
(a) A country cottage.
(b) A school.
(c) A prison.
(d) A summer boarding house.
13. Where is the hiding apartment located?
(a) Near the river.
(b) Above a store.
(c) In the woods.
(d) Above Mr. Frank's business.
14. What gift does Anne give to Margot?
(a) A book.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A poem.
(d) Some art supplies.
15. What is Mr. Dussel's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the hiding families have for dinner for the first little while they are in hiding?
2. What does Peter want to do when he gets out of hiding?
3. Who gives Mrs. Van Daan her prized possession?
4. What does Anne have to wear when the war starts?
5. What does Mr. Frank do when he picks up the item at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)