|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does this play take place?
2. What gift does Anne give to her mother?
(a) A poem.
(b) 10 hours of service.
(c) A book.
(d) A necklace.
3. What is Mrs. Van Daan most proud of about her body?
(a) She has great legs.
(b) Her hair is long and shiny.
(c) Her fingernails are long.
(d) Her waist is thin.
4. Where does Anne's father tell her never to go?
(a) To Peter's room.
(b) To the office.
(c) To the Van Daan's room.
(d) To the window.
5. What does Peter do with his yellow star?
(a) Puts it in a drawer.
(b) Frames it.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Throws it out the window.
6. What does Anne have to wear when the war starts?
(a) Funny hats.
(b) Yellow star.
(c) Wrist bands.
(d) Red socks.
7. What does the girl save for Mr. Frank to look at?
(b) A pile of papers.
(c) Some clothing.
8. What does Peter do to play a prank on Mr. Dussel?
(a) Locks his door.
(b) Pretends to not be able to hear him.
(c) Pretends to bring his cat out of his room.
(d) Hides his reading glasses.
9. Why does Mr. Frank say he is leaving the city at the beginning of the book?
(a) His business is destroyed.
(b) He wants to find his family.
(c) He is scared to stay.
(d) There are too many memories.
10. What does Mr. Frank do when he picks up the item at the beginning of the play?
11. What does Anne put in Mr. Dussel's bed as a prank?
(a) A dead rat.
(b) Peter's cat.
(c) A wet mop.
(d) A rag doll.
12. Which side of Anne does she say is on the surface while she is in hiding?
(a) The serious Anne.
(b) The nice Anne.
(c) The mean Anne.
(d) The silly Anne.
13. Who makes the noise heard down below the apartment?
(b) A thief.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A cat.
14. What gift does Anne give to Mr. Van Daan?
(a) A book.
(c) A razor.
(d) A mirror.
15. What does the Van Daan's son bring with him into hiding?
(a) A case of books.
(b) His guitar.
(c) His cat.
(d) His painting supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne do with her yellow star?
2. What gift does Anne give to her father?
3. What do Mr. and Mrs. Van Daan argue about?
4. What does Anne hear in the distance after asking Mrs. Van Daan about her life before marriage?
5. What is Miep listening to after asking Mrs. Van Daan about her life before marriage?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)