|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Dussel's occupation?
2. Why does Mr. Frank ask the Van Daans to hide with them?
(a) They had been family friends for years.
(b) Mrs. Van Daan begged for help.
(c) Mr. Van Daan was willing to pay.
(d) Mr. Van Daan helped Mr. Frank when he first moved.
3. How old is the girl who comes to help Mr. Frank at the beginning of the book?
4. What do the hiding families have for dinner for the first little while they are in hiding?
5. What gift does Anne give to her mother?
(a) A poem.
(b) A book.
(c) 10 hours of service.
(d) A necklace.
6. What does Anne pretend to be on the day Miep is late?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan.
(c) A clown.
(d) A cat.
7. What gift does Anne give to Mr. Van Daan?
(a) A razor.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A book.
8. Who wakes Anne up on the day they go into hiding?
(b) Mr. Frank.
(c) Mrs. Frank.
9. Who gives Mrs. Van Daan her prized possession?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her father.
10. What does Anne put in Mr. Dussel's bed as a prank?
(a) Peter's cat.
(b) A rag doll.
(c) A wet mop.
(d) A dead rat.
11. How old is Margot when she goes into hiding?
12. Kraler tells the hiding families to do what during the day?
(a) Listen to the radio.
(d) Stay quiet.
13. Who makes the noise heard down below the apartment?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A thief.
(d) A cat.
14. What does Mr. Frank pick up when he enters the stage at the beginning of the play?
(a) A hat.
(b) A book.
(c) A stuffed bear.
(d) A glove.
15. What does Anne do to play a trick on Peter?
(a) Hides his shoes.
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Pets his cat.
(d) Whispers into his ear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the families in the first holiday ritual celebrated while in hiding?
2. What causes Anne to do what she did that woke up the entire house one night?
3. What is Miep listening to after asking Mrs. Van Daan about her life before marriage?
4. Who does Anne say is the only person she loves?
5. What does Mrs. Frank ask Anne to do when Mr. Van Daan calls her rude?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)