|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne do that wakes everyone in the house one night?
(a) Drops books.
2. What does Anne have to wear when the war starts?
(a) Funny hats.
(b) Wrist bands.
(c) Red socks.
(d) Yellow star.
3. Where is the hiding apartment located?
(a) In the woods.
(b) Above Mr. Frank's business.
(c) Above a store.
(d) Near the river.
4. What does Mr. Frank pick up when he enters the stage at the beginning of the play?
(a) A book.
(b) A hat.
(c) A glove.
(d) A stuffed bear.
5. What gift does Anne give Peter?
(a) A razor.
(b) A cat toy.
(c) A book.
(d) A hat.
6. What does Mr. Frank tell Anne there are no locks for?
(a) Her mind.
(c) He soul.
(d) Her dreams.
7. Why does Mr. Van Daan threaten to put Peter's cat outside?
(a) It eats some of their food.
(b) It can get very noisy.
(c) Mr. Dussel is allergic to it.
(d) It makes a mess.
8. What does Anne have to wear on the day they go into hiding?
(a) As many clothes as she can.
(b) The wrist bands.
(c) Winter clothing.
(d) Boys clothing.
9. Who does Anne ask to sit with her on the night she wakes the entire house?
(a) Mr. Frank.
(b) Mrs. Frank.
10. What does Anne pretend to be on the day Miep is late?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan.
(c) A cat.
(d) A clown.
11. What year does Anne start her diary?
12. What is the name of the institution helping people in hiding?
(a) The Star of David.
(b) Hitler Youth.
(c) The White Market.
(d) The Hiding Spies.
13. What gift does Anne give Mr. Dussel?
(a) Ear plugs.
(b) A hat.
(c) A book.
(d) A razor.
14. What is Mrs. Van Daan's prized possession?
(a) A painting.
(b) A ring.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) A necklace.
15. Where does Anne's father tell her never to go?
(a) To the office.
(b) To Peter's room.
(c) To the Van Daan's room.
(d) To the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frightens Anne the most on her first night in hiding?
2. What does the Van Daan's son bring with him into hiding?
3. Who are the Franks afraid will find them in hiding?
4. Why does Mr. Frank say he is leaving the city at the beginning of the book?
5. Which side of Anne does she say is on the surface while she is in hiding?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)