|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that Anne is not allowed to do when the war begins?
(a) Ride street cars.
(b) Walk on the sidewalks.
(c) Go to the movies.
(d) Go to school.
2. What gift does Anne give to her father?
(a) A hat.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A book.
(d) A poem.
3. What subject does Anne learn better than her father?
4. What is Mr. Dussel's occupation?
5. Who leads the holiday song at the end of Act 1?
(a) Mrs. Frank.
(b) Mrs. Van Daan.
6. Who corrects Anne's homework while they are in hiding?
(b) Mrs. Frank.
(c) Mr. Frank.
7. What does Anne call Miep and Mr. Kraler?
(a) The angels.
(b) The protectors.
(c) The saviors.
(d) The havens.
8. How do the hiding families plan to get rid of their trash while they are hiding?
(a) Flushing it down the toilet.
(b) Putting it in the business trash at night.
(c) Burning it in the stove.
(d) Throwing it out the window.
9. What does Mr. Frank do when he picks up the item at the beginning of the play?
10. What is the name of the institution helping people in hiding?
(a) The White Market.
(b) The Star of David.
(c) The Hiding Spies.
(d) Hitler Youth.
11. What does Mr. Frank tell Anne there are no locks for?
(a) Her mind.
(b) Her dreams.
(c) He soul.
12. Where does Anne's father tell her never to go?
(a) To the office.
(b) To the window.
(c) To the Van Daan's room.
(d) To Peter's room.
13. What does the Van Daan's son bring with him into hiding?
(a) A case of books.
(b) His painting supplies.
(c) His guitar.
(d) His cat.
14. What gift does Anne's father give her on their first day in the hiding place?
(a) A diary.
(b) Some paints.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A book.
15. What is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
(b) Air raids.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anne ask to sit with her on the night she wakes the entire house?
2. Who wakes Anne up on the day they go into hiding?
3. What is the first holiday celebrated by the hiding families?
4. What does Anne think will happen if she is serious with the people she lives with?
5. How old is the girl who comes to help Mr. Frank at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)