|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What date does Anne start her diary?
(a) July 6.
(b) January 26.
(c) June 16.
(d) June 6.
2. Who makes the noise heard down below the apartment?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A cat.
(d) A thief.
3. How old is Margot when she goes into hiding?
4. What does Mr. Frank do when he picks up the item at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Anne put in Mr. Dussel's bed as a prank?
(a) A rag doll.
(b) Peter's cat.
(c) A dead rat.
(d) A wet mop.
6. What does Mr. Frank say is a benefit of what is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
(a) The war will end sooner.
(b) There will be less hiding.
(c) The police will be too busy to find them.
(d) They will hear more news.
7. What gift does Anne give to her mother?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A poem.
(c) 10 hours of service.
(d) A book.
8. Where is the hiding apartment located?
(a) Above a store.
(b) Above Mr. Frank's business.
(c) In the woods.
(d) Near the river.
9. What year does Anne start her diary?
10. What does Peter do when he gets embarrassed?
(a) Pretends to sleep.
(b) Writes in a journal.
(c) Feeds his cat.
11. Why does Mr. Frank say he is leaving the city at the beginning of the book?
(a) He wants to find his family.
(b) He is scared to stay.
(c) His business is destroyed.
(d) There are too many memories.
12. What is Mr. Dussel's occupation?
13. What is Mrs. Van Daan most proud of about her body?
(a) Her waist is thin.
(b) Her fingernails are long.
(c) She has great legs.
(d) Her hair is long and shiny.
14. Why does Mr. Frank ask the Van Daans to hide with them?
(a) They had been family friends for years.
(b) Mrs. Van Daan begged for help.
(c) Mr. Van Daan was willing to pay.
(d) Mr. Van Daan helped Mr. Frank when he first moved.
15. What do the hiding families have for dinner for the first little while they are in hiding?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color uniform do the Gestapo wear?
2. Who gives Mrs. Van Daan her prized possession?
3. What does Anne think will happen if she is serious with the people she lives with?
4. What word does Anne use to describe what is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
5. How often do Mr. Kraler and Miep promise to visit the hiding families when they first go into hiding?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)