|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Van Daan threaten to put Peter's cat outside?
(a) It can get very noisy.
(b) It makes a mess.
(c) Mr. Dussel is allergic to it.
(d) It eats some of their food.
2. What does Peter do to play a prank on Mr. Dussel?
(a) Pretends to not be able to hear him.
(b) Hides his reading glasses.
(c) Locks his door.
(d) Pretends to bring his cat out of his room.
3. What does Mr. Frank tell the girl to do with what she saved for him after the war?
(a) Frame them.
(b) Hide them.
(c) Throw them away.
(d) Burn them.
4. What gift does Anne give Mr. Dussel?
(a) A hat.
(b) A razor.
(c) A book.
(d) Ear plugs.
5. What does Anne have to wear when the war starts?
(a) Wrist bands.
(b) Red socks.
(c) Yellow star.
(d) Funny hats.
6. What is Mrs. Van Daan most proud of about her body?
(a) Her hair is long and shiny.
(b) Her waist is thin.
(c) She has great legs.
(d) Her fingernails are long.
7. What subject does Anne learn better than her father?
8. Why does Mr. Frank say he is leaving the city at the beginning of the book?
(a) His business is destroyed.
(b) He wants to find his family.
(c) He is scared to stay.
(d) There are too many memories.
9. Who does Anne ask to sit with her on the night she wakes the entire house?
(b) Mr. Frank.
(c) Mrs. Frank.
10. Who wakes Anne up on the day they go into hiding?
(b) Mrs. Frank.
(d) Mr. Frank.
11. What is the name of the institution helping people in hiding?
(a) Hitler Youth.
(b) The Hiding Spies.
(c) The White Market.
(d) The Star of David.
12. Where does Anne's father tell her never to go?
(a) To the window.
(b) To Peter's room.
(c) To the Van Daan's room.
(d) To the office.
13. What is the name of the girl who comes to help Mr. Frank at the beginning of the book?
14. What does Mrs. Van Daan ask Mr. Frank to do for Peter?
(a) Heal his cat.
(b) Comfort him.
(c) Teach him about girls.
(d) Tutor him.
15. What does Anne hear in the distance after asking Mrs. Van Daan about her life before marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne call Miep and Mr. Kraler?
2. What does the girl save for Mr. Frank to look at?
3. Who leads the families in the first holiday ritual celebrated while in hiding?
4. What is the first holiday celebrated by the hiding families?
5. What does Anne put in Mr. Dussel's bed as a prank?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)