|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Van Daan criticize Mr. Dussel for during the first holiday celebrated while in hiding?
(a) He celebrates Christian holidays.
(b) He falls asleep during the ritual.
(c) He does not know about Hannukah.
(d) He complains about the lack of food.
2. What happens to Anne when they hear a noise down below the apartment?
(a) She cries.
(b) She screams.
(c) She runs to the window.
(d) She faints.
3. What causes Anne to do what she did that woke up the entire house one night?
(a) She can't see in the dark.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) She fell out of bed.
(d) She think about her friends.
4. Who wakes Anne up on the day they go into hiding?
(b) Mr. Frank.
(d) Mrs. Frank.
5. What does Anne think will happen if she is serious with the people she lives with?
(a) They will not understand her.
(b) They will stop worrying about her.
(c) They will not like her.
(d) They will laugh at her.
6. What is Mr. Dussel's occupation?
7. Who first offers to stay with Anne on the night she wakes the entire house?
(a) Mr. Frank.
(c) Mrs. Frank.
8. What does Mr. Frank do when he picks up the item at the beginning of the play?
9. Why does Mr. Frank ask the Van Daans to hide with them?
(a) Mr. Van Daan helped Mr. Frank when he first moved.
(b) Mr. Van Daan was willing to pay.
(c) Mrs. Van Daan begged for help.
(d) They had been family friends for years.
10. What is the name of the girl who comes to help Mr. Frank at the beginning of the book?
11. What do the hiding families have for dinner for the first little while they are in hiding?
12. What does Peter do to play a prank on Mr. Dussel?
(a) Pretends to not be able to hear him.
(b) Pretends to bring his cat out of his room.
(c) Locks his door.
(d) Hides his reading glasses.
13. What does Mr. Frank pick up when he enters the stage at the beginning of the play?
(a) A stuffed bear.
(b) A hat.
(c) A glove.
(d) A book.
14. What is the first holiday celebrated by the hiding families?
(d) Harvest Feast.
15. How do the hiding families plan to get rid of their trash while they are hiding?
(a) Throwing it out the window.
(b) Burning it in the stove.
(c) Putting it in the business trash at night.
(d) Flushing it down the toilet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mr. and Mrs. Van Daan argue about?
2. Which side of herself does Anne wish was on the surface while she is in hiding?
3. Who knocks over the lamp when they hear a noise down below the apartment?
4. What date does Anne start her diary?
5. What does Mrs. Frank do after they hear a sound down below the apartment?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)