|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Frank do after they hear a sound down below the apartment?
(b) Sits silently.
2. Who does Anne ask to sit with her on the night she wakes the entire house?
(a) Mrs. Frank.
(b) Mr. Frank.
3. What is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
(b) Air raids.
4. What frightens Anne the most on her first night in hiding?
(a) The dark.
(b) The voices.
(c) The newness.
(d) The silence.
5. Which side of Anne does she say is on the surface while she is in hiding?
(a) The serious Anne.
(b) The silly Anne.
(c) The mean Anne.
(d) The nice Anne.
6. What is Mrs. Van Daan most proud of about her body?
(a) Her fingernails are long.
(b) She has great legs.
(c) Her waist is thin.
(d) Her hair is long and shiny.
7. What date does Anne start her diary?
(a) June 16.
(b) January 26.
(c) July 6.
(d) June 6.
8. What does Peter do when he gets embarrassed?
(a) Feeds his cat.
(b) Writes in a journal.
(c) Pretends to sleep.
9. What gift does Anne give Mr. Dussel?
(a) A hat.
(b) A razor.
(c) Ear plugs.
(d) A book.
10. Why does Mr. Van Daan threaten to put Peter's cat outside?
(a) It eats some of their food.
(b) It makes a mess.
(c) Mr. Dussel is allergic to it.
(d) It can get very noisy.
11. Why does Mr. Frank ask the Van Daans to hide with them?
(a) Mr. Van Daan helped Mr. Frank when he first moved.
(b) Mrs. Van Daan begged for help.
(c) Mr. Van Daan was willing to pay.
(d) They had been family friends for years.
12. What happens to Anne when they hear a noise down below the apartment?
(a) She faints.
(b) She cries.
(c) She screams.
(d) She runs to the window.
13. What year does Anne start her diary?
14. What does Anne pretend to be on the day Miep is late?
(a) A clown.
(c) A cat.
(d) Mrs. Van Daan.
15. Who first offers to stay with Anne on the night she wakes the entire house?
(c) Mrs. Frank.
(d) Mr. Frank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the friend of Anne's that is taken away?
2. Who corrects Anne's homework while they are in hiding?
3. What gift does Anne give to Mrs. Van Daan?
4. How old is Anne when she goes into hiding?
5. What is the name of the Van Daan's son?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)