|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne think will happen if she is serious with the people she lives with?
(a) They will not understand her.
(b) They will not like her.
(c) They will laugh at her.
(d) They will stop worrying about her.
2. What gift does Anne's father give her on their first day in the hiding place?
(a) A necklace.
(b) Some paints.
(c) A diary.
(d) A book.
3. What is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
(d) Air raids.
4. Where does Anne's father tell her never to go?
(a) To Peter's room.
(b) To the window.
(c) To the office.
(d) To the Van Daan's room.
5. What does Anne spill onto Mrs. Van Daan's prized possession?
(a) Rubbing alchohol.
(b) A pitcher of water.
(c) A glass of milk.
(d) Seltzer water.
6. What is Mrs. Van Daan's prized possession?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A ring.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A painting.
7. What does Mrs. Van Daan criticize Mr. Dussel for during the first holiday celebrated while in hiding?
(a) He does not know about Hannukah.
(b) He celebrates Christian holidays.
(c) He complains about the lack of food.
(d) He falls asleep during the ritual.
8. What does Anne do that wakes everyone in the house one night?
(a) Drops books.
9. What date does Anne start her diary?
(a) June 16.
(b) July 6.
(c) January 26.
(d) June 6.
10. What does Peter do to play a prank on Mr. Dussel?
(a) Hides his reading glasses.
(b) Locks his door.
(c) Pretends to not be able to hear him.
(d) Pretends to bring his cat out of his room.
11. What occupation does Mr. Frank have before he goes into hiding?
(b) Financial Investor.
(d) Spice Importer.
12. What year does Anne start her diary?
13. Kraler tells the hiding families to do what during the day?
(a) Stay quiet.
(c) Listen to the radio.
14. What does Anne do to play a trick on Peter?
(a) Whispers into his ear.
(b) Pets his cat.
(c) Ignores him.
(d) Hides his shoes.
15. What is Miep listening to after asking Mrs. Van Daan about her life before marriage?
(a) A reprimand from her boss.
(b) The radio.
(c) The bombing.
(d) The train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Frank ask the Van Daans to hide with them?
2. What is the name of the girl who comes to help Mr. Frank at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Anne call Miep and Mr. Kraler?
4. How old is Anne when she goes into hiding?
5. What gift does Anne give to her mother?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)