|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
(c) Air raids.
2. Who goes down to investigate the sound from down below the apartment?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan.
(b) Mr. Van Daan.
(c) Mr. Dussel.
(d) Mr. Frank.
3. Who wakes Anne up on the day they go into hiding?
(a) Mrs. Frank.
(c) Mr. Frank.
4. What does Anne hear in the distance after asking Mrs. Van Daan about her life before marriage?
5. Why does Mr. Frank ask the Van Daans to hide with them?
(a) They had been family friends for years.
(b) Mrs. Van Daan begged for help.
(c) Mr. Van Daan helped Mr. Frank when he first moved.
(d) Mr. Van Daan was willing to pay.
6. What frightens Anne the most on her first night in hiding?
(a) The silence.
(b) The newness.
(c) The voices.
(d) The dark.
7. What does Mrs. Frank do after they hear a sound down below the apartment?
(d) Sits silently.
8. How old is Anne when she goes into hiding?
9. What word does Anne use to describe what is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
10. Where does Anne's father tell her never to go?
(a) To the office.
(b) To the window.
(c) To Peter's room.
(d) To the Van Daan's room.
11. What do Mr. and Mrs. Van Daan argue about?
(d) Peter's cat.
12. Kraler tells the hiding families to do what during the day?
(a) Listen to the radio.
(c) Stay quiet.
13. What does the Van Daan's son bring with him into hiding?
(a) A case of books.
(b) His painting supplies.
(c) His cat.
(d) His guitar.
14. What does Peter want to do when he gets out of hiding?
(a) Go to the grocery store.
(b) Go to a museum.
(c) Go to a movie.
(d) Go to school.
15. What does Peter do with his yellow star?
(a) Puts it in a drawer.
(b) Throws it out the window.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Frames it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the hiding families plan to get rid of their trash while they are hiding?
2. Who corrects Anne's homework while they are in hiding?
3. What is the name of the girl who comes to help Mr. Frank at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Anne have to wear on the day they go into hiding?
5. How does Peter describe himself?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)