|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that Anne is not allowed to do when the war begins?
(a) Ride street cars.
(b) Go to school.
(c) Go to the movies.
(d) Walk on the sidewalks.
2. How old is Anne when she goes into hiding?
3. What color uniform do the Gestapo wear?
4. Who are the Franks afraid will find them in hiding?
(b) The Gestapo.
(c) The Danes.
(d) Mr. Frank's boss.
5. What does Mr. Frank tell the girl to do with what she saved for him after the war?
(a) Throw them away.
(b) Frame them.
(c) Hide them.
(d) Burn them.
6. Where do the Allies land in the first November of hiding?
7. What year does Anne start her diary?
8. What do Mr. and Mrs. Van Daan argue about?
(a) Peter's cat.
9. What does Anne think will happen if she is serious with the people she lives with?
(a) They will not understand her.
(b) They will stop worrying about her.
(c) They will not like her.
(d) They will laugh at her.
10. What is the name of the Van Daan's son?
11. What is the name of the institution helping people in hiding?
(a) The Hiding Spies.
(b) The White Market.
(c) The Star of David.
(d) Hitler Youth.
12. Who leads the holiday song at the end of Act 1?
(c) Mrs. Frank.
(d) Mrs. Van Daan.
13. What does Peter call Anne that makes her very angry?
(a) Mrs. Oink Oink.
(b) Mrs. Bray Neigh.
(c) Mrs. Moo Moo.
(d) Mrs. Quack Quack.
14. How does Peter describe himself?
(a) Lone wolf.
(d) Social butterfly.
15. What gift does Anne give Mr. Dussel?
(a) A razor.
(b) Ear plugs.
(c) A book.
(d) A hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the hiding families plan to get rid of their trash while they are hiding?
2. What does Peter do when he gets embarrassed?
3. Who gives Mrs. Van Daan her prized possession?
4. What is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
5. What frightens Anne the most on her first night in hiding?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)