|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Anne give Mr. Dussel?
(a) A razor.
(b) Ear plugs.
(c) A hat.
(d) A book.
2. How do the hiding families plan to get rid of their trash while they are hiding?
(a) Throwing it out the window.
(b) Flushing it down the toilet.
(c) Burning it in the stove.
(d) Putting it in the business trash at night.
3. Who makes the noise heard down below the apartment?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A thief.
(d) A cat.
4. Who leads the holiday song at the end of Act 1?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan.
(d) Mrs. Frank.
5. What question does Anne ask Mrs. Van Daan about her life before her marriage?
(a) If she liked being a Jew.
(b) If she had many boyfriends.
(c) If she wanted to have children.
(d) If she was scared.
6. Why does Mr. Van Daan threaten to put Peter's cat outside?
(a) It makes a mess.
(b) It eats some of their food.
(c) It can get very noisy.
(d) Mr. Dussel is allergic to it.
7. What does Anne pretend to be on the day Miep is late?
(a) A cat.
(b) Mrs. Van Daan.
(d) A clown.
8. What is Mrs. Van Daan's prized possession?
(a) A ring.
(b) A painting.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) A necklace.
9. Who corrects Anne's homework while they are in hiding?
(b) Mr. Frank.
(d) Mrs. Frank.
10. How does Peter describe himself?
(b) Lone wolf.
(c) Social butterfly.
11. What is Miep listening to after asking Mrs. Van Daan about her life before marriage?
(a) A reprimand from her boss.
(b) The bombing.
(c) The train.
(d) The radio.
12. Where is the hiding apartment located?
(a) Near the river.
(b) In the woods.
(c) Above a store.
(d) Above Mr. Frank's business.
13. Where does this play take place?
14. What does Mrs. Van Daan criticize Mr. Dussel for during the first holiday celebrated while in hiding?
(a) He falls asleep during the ritual.
(b) He celebrates Christian holidays.
(c) He complains about the lack of food.
(d) He does not know about Hannukah.
15. Which of the following is NOT something that Anne is not allowed to do when the war begins?
(a) Ride street cars.
(b) Go to school.
(c) Go to the movies.
(d) Walk on the sidewalks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Frank pick up when he enters the stage at the beginning of the play?
2. What do the hiding families have for dinner for the first little while they are in hiding?
3. How often do Mr. Kraler and Miep promise to visit the hiding families when they first go into hiding?
4. What is the name of the girl who comes to help Mr. Frank at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Peter call Anne that makes her very angry?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)