|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the institution helping people in hiding?
(a) The White Market.
(b) The Hiding Spies.
(c) The Star of David.
(d) Hitler Youth.
2. What occupation does Mr. Frank have before he goes into hiding?
(a) Financial Investor.
(b) Spice Importer.
3. What is Margot worried will happen to her fiance?
(a) He will join the war.
(b) He will be killed on the street.
(c) He will marry another girl.
(d) He will be sent to a work camp.
4. Who leads the holiday song at the end of Act 1?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan.
(c) Mrs. Frank.
5. What does the girl save for Mr. Frank to look at?
(a) A pile of papers.
(b) Some clothing.
6. What does Mrs. Frank ask Anne to do when Mr. Van Daan calls her rude?
(a) Finish her homework.
(b) Begin making dinner.
(c) Get her knitting.
(d) Clean the dishes.
7. Which of the following is NOT something Anne says she wants to do when she gets out of hiding?
(a) Sit in a bathtub.
(b) Get new clothes.
(c) Go to the doctors.
8. Where does this play take place?
9. What does Mrs. Van Daan criticize Mr. Dussel for during the first holiday celebrated while in hiding?
(a) He complains about the lack of food.
(b) He celebrates Christian holidays.
(c) He falls asleep during the ritual.
(d) He does not know about Hannukah.
10. What is Mr. Dussel's occupation?
11. How does Peter describe himself?
(b) Social butterfly.
(d) Lone wolf.
12. What does Anne think will happen if she is serious with the people she lives with?
(a) They will laugh at her.
(b) They will not understand her.
(c) They will not like her.
(d) They will stop worrying about her.
13. What does Anne say she will consider the hiding house on her first day there?
(a) A country cottage.
(b) A summer boarding house.
(c) A school.
(d) A prison.
14. What is the name of the girl who comes to help Mr. Frank at the beginning of the book?
15. Why does Mr. Frank ask the Van Daans to hide with them?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan begged for help.
(b) Mr. Van Daan was willing to pay.
(c) Mr. Van Daan helped Mr. Frank when he first moved.
(d) They had been family friends for years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Margot when she goes into hiding?
2. What does Anne do with her yellow star?
3. What happens to Anne when they hear a noise down below the apartment?
4. What does Anne hear in the distance after asking Mrs. Van Daan about her life before marriage?
5. What does Mr. Frank do when he picks up the item at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)