|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the hiding families have for dinner for the first little while they are in hiding?
2. What does Anne pretend to be on the day Miep is late?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan.
(b) A clown.
(c) A cat.
3. Who gives Mrs. Van Daan her prized possession?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
4. What does Mr. Frank pick up when he enters the stage at the beginning of the play?
(a) A glove.
(b) A book.
(c) A hat.
(d) A stuffed bear.
5. What question does Anne ask Mrs. Van Daan about her life before her marriage?
(a) If she was scared.
(b) If she had many boyfriends.
(c) If she liked being a Jew.
(d) If she wanted to have children.
6. What gift does Anne give to Mr. Van Daan?
(b) A mirror.
(c) A razor.
(d) A book.
7. What does Anne put in Mr. Dussel's bed as a prank?
(a) A dead rat.
(b) A rag doll.
(c) A wet mop.
(d) Peter's cat.
8. Who first offers to stay with Anne on the night she wakes the entire house?
(b) Mrs. Frank.
(c) Mr. Frank.
9. What does Mr. Frank say is a benefit of what is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
(a) There will be less hiding.
(b) They will hear more news.
(c) The police will be too busy to find them.
(d) The war will end sooner.
10. What is the name of the Van Daan's son?
11. Who leads the families in the first holiday ritual celebrated while in hiding?
(a) Mr. Frank.
(c) Mr. Dussel.
(d) Mr. Van Daan.
12. What does Anne say she will consider the hiding house on her first day there?
(a) A summer boarding house.
(b) A country cottage.
(c) A prison.
(d) A school.
13. Who makes the noise heard down below the apartment?
(a) A policeman.
(c) A thief.
(d) A cat.
14. What gift does Anne give to Mrs. Van Daan?
(b) A book.
(c) A necklace.
15. What does Mr. Frank do when he picks up the item at the beginning of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Anne give Peter?
2. What do Mr. and Mrs. Van Daan argue about?
3. What is the name of the friend of Anne's that is taken away?
4. What does Mr. Frank tell Anne there are no locks for?
5. Why does Mr. Frank say he is leaving the city at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)