|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne call Miep and Mr. Kraler?
(a) The protectors.
(b) The saviors.
(c) The havens.
(d) The angels.
2. What does Anne spill onto Mrs. Van Daan's prized possession?
(a) A glass of milk.
(b) Seltzer water.
(c) Rubbing alchohol.
(d) A pitcher of water.
3. What does Peter do with his yellow star?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Puts it in a drawer.
(c) Throws it out the window.
(d) Frames it.
4. What does Anne put in Mr. Dussel's bed as a prank?
(a) A rag doll.
(b) A dead rat.
(c) Peter's cat.
(d) A wet mop.
5. How old is Margot when she goes into hiding?
6. What does the girl save for Mr. Frank to look at?
(a) Some clothing.
(c) A pile of papers.
7. What is Margot worried will happen to her fiance?
(a) He will be sent to a work camp.
(b) He will join the war.
(c) He will marry another girl.
(d) He will be killed on the street.
8. What does the Van Daan's son bring with him into hiding?
(a) His painting supplies.
(b) A case of books.
(c) His guitar.
(d) His cat.
9. Kraler tells the hiding families to do what during the day?
(a) Stay quiet.
(c) Listen to the radio.
10. Who does Anne ask to sit with her on the night she wakes the entire house?
(b) Mr. Frank.
(d) Mrs. Frank.
11. Why does Mr. Frank say he is leaving the city at the beginning of the book?
(a) There are too many memories.
(b) He wants to find his family.
(c) His business is destroyed.
(d) He is scared to stay.
12. What gift does Anne give to Mrs. Van Daan?
(a) A necklace.
(c) A book.
13. What question does Anne ask Mrs. Van Daan about her life before her marriage?
(a) If she was scared.
(b) If she liked being a Jew.
(c) If she wanted to have children.
(d) If she had many boyfriends.
14. What color uniform do the Gestapo wear?
15. What gift does Anne give Peter?
(a) A cat toy.
(b) A razor.
(c) A book.
(d) A hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the hiding families plan to get rid of their trash while they are hiding?
2. Who wakes Anne up on the day they go into hiding?
3. What does Anne do that wakes everyone in the house one night?
4. What does Mrs. Frank ask Anne to do when Mr. Van Daan calls her rude?
5. What does Anne think will happen if she is serious with the people she lives with?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)