|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Frank tell the girl to do with what she saved for him after the war?
(a) Hide them.
(b) Throw them away.
(c) Burn them.
(d) Frame them.
2. What does Mrs. Van Daan ask Mr. Frank to do for Peter?
(a) Heal his cat.
(b) Tutor him.
(c) Comfort him.
(d) Teach him about girls.
3. Who does Anne say is the only person she loves?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(d) Her father.
4. What does Anne do to play a trick on Peter?
(a) Pets his cat.
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Hides his shoes.
(d) Whispers into his ear.
5. What is the name of the man who helps Mr. Frank during the war?
(a) Mr. Kroller.
(b) Mr. Kruller.
(c) Mr. Kreller.
(d) Mr. Kraler.
6. Which of the following is NOT something that Anne is not allowed to do when the war begins?
(a) Go to the movies.
(b) Go to school.
(c) Ride street cars.
(d) Walk on the sidewalks.
7. Who goes down to investigate the sound from down below the apartment?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan.
(b) Mr. Frank.
(c) Mr. Van Daan.
(d) Mr. Dussel.
8. Who leads the holiday song at the end of Act 1?
(c) Mrs. Van Daan.
(d) Mrs. Frank.
9. What does Mrs. Frank ask Anne to do when Mr. Van Daan calls her rude?
(a) Clean the dishes.
(b) Finish her homework.
(c) Get her knitting.
(d) Begin making dinner.
10. What does Peter call Anne that makes her very angry?
(a) Mrs. Bray Neigh.
(b) Mrs. Quack Quack.
(c) Mrs. Moo Moo.
(d) Mrs. Oink Oink.
11. What does the Van Daan's son bring with him into hiding?
(a) His cat.
(b) A case of books.
(c) His guitar.
(d) His painting supplies.
12. How does Peter describe himself?
(a) Lone wolf.
(c) Social butterfly.
13. What frightens Anne the most on her first night in hiding?
(a) The voices.
(b) The dark.
(c) The newness.
(d) The silence.
14. Which side of Anne does she say is on the surface while she is in hiding?
(a) The mean Anne.
(b) The nice Anne.
(c) The serious Anne.
(d) The silly Anne.
15. What does Mrs. Van Daan criticize Mr. Dussel for during the first holiday celebrated while in hiding?
(a) He falls asleep during the ritual.
(b) He does not know about Hannukah.
(c) He celebrates Christian holidays.
(d) He complains about the lack of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does Mr. Frank have before he goes into hiding?
2. What gift does Anne give to Mrs. Van Daan?
3. Which side of herself does Anne wish was on the surface while she is in hiding?
4. What question does Anne ask Mrs. Van Daan about her life before her marriage?
5. What does Anne spill onto Mrs. Van Daan's prized possession?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)