|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Anne give to her father?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A poem.
(c) A hat.
(d) A book.
2. What date does Anne start her diary?
(a) January 26.
(b) June 6.
(c) June 16.
(d) July 6.
3. What question does Anne ask Mrs. Van Daan about her life before her marriage?
(a) If she had many boyfriends.
(b) If she was scared.
(c) If she wanted to have children.
(d) If she liked being a Jew.
4. Where does Anne's father tell her never to go?
(a) To the Van Daan's room.
(b) To the window.
(c) To the office.
(d) To Peter's room.
5. What do the hiding families have for dinner for the first little while they are in hiding?
6. What gift does Anne give to Margot?
(a) A book.
(b) A necklace.
(c) Some art supplies.
(d) A poem.
7. Why does Mr. Frank say he is leaving the city at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is scared to stay.
(b) His business is destroyed.
(c) There are too many memories.
(d) He wants to find his family.
8. Which side of Anne does she say is on the surface while she is in hiding?
(a) The mean Anne.
(b) The serious Anne.
(c) The nice Anne.
(d) The silly Anne.
9. What word does Anne use to describe what is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
10. What occupation does Mr. Frank have before he goes into hiding?
(b) Financial Investor.
(c) Spice Importer.
11. What does Mrs. Van Daan criticize Mr. Dussel for during the first holiday celebrated while in hiding?
(a) He falls asleep during the ritual.
(b) He celebrates Christian holidays.
(c) He does not know about Hannukah.
(d) He complains about the lack of food.
12. What does Anne have to wear on the day they go into hiding?
(a) Boys clothing.
(b) The wrist bands.
(c) As many clothes as she can.
(d) Winter clothing.
13. What does Mr. Frank do when he picks up the item at the beginning of the play?
14. Who leads the holiday song at the end of Act 1?
(a) Mrs. Frank.
(b) Mrs. Van Daan.
15. What does Mr. Frank say is a benefit of what is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
(a) The war will end sooner.
(b) There will be less hiding.
(c) The police will be too busy to find them.
(d) They will hear more news.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes down to investigate the sound from down below the apartment?
2. Why does Mr. Frank ask the Van Daans to hide with them?
3. What does Anne pretend to be on the day Miep is late?
4. What does the Van Daan's son bring with him into hiding?
5. What is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)