|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1 Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that Anne is not allowed to do when the war begins?
(a) Walk on the sidewalks.
(b) Ride street cars.
(c) Go to school.
(d) Go to the movies.
2. Which side of Anne does she say is on the surface while she is in hiding?
(a) The silly Anne.
(b) The mean Anne.
(c) The serious Anne.
(d) The nice Anne.
3. What does Anne say she will consider the hiding house on her first day there?
(a) A country cottage.
(b) A school.
(c) A summer boarding house.
(d) A prison.
4. Who gives Mrs. Van Daan her prized possession?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
5. What gift does Anne's father give her on their first day in the hiding place?
(a) A diary.
(b) A book.
(c) A necklace.
(d) Some paints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne think will happen if she is serious with the people she lives with?
2. What does Anne have to wear when the war starts?
3. Why does Mr. Frank say he is leaving the city at the beginning of the book?
4. How old is the girl who comes to help Mr. Frank at the beginning of the book?
5. What is Mrs. Van Daan's prized possession?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)