|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1 Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne hear in the distance after asking Mrs. Van Daan about her life before marriage?
2. Who gives Mrs. Van Daan her prized possession?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her husband.
3. Which of the following is NOT something that Anne is not allowed to do when the war begins?
(a) Walk on the sidewalks.
(b) Go to the movies.
(c) Go to school.
(d) Ride street cars.
4. What does Mr. Frank pick up when he enters the stage at the beginning of the play?
(a) A hat.
(b) A book.
(c) A glove.
(d) A stuffed bear.
5. What gift does Anne's father give her on their first day in the hiding place?
(a) A book.
(b) A diary.
(c) A necklace.
(d) Some paints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Anne start her diary?
2. What is the name of the Van Daan's son?
3. How old is Margot when she goes into hiding?
4. Why does Mr. Frank say he is leaving the city at the beginning of the book?
5. What is Miep listening to after asking Mrs. Van Daan about her life before marriage?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)