|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1 Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Frank say he is leaving the city at the beginning of the book?
(a) His business is destroyed.
(b) He is scared to stay.
(c) There are too many memories.
(d) He wants to find his family.
2. What does Anne pretend to be on the day Miep is late?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan.
(b) A cat.
(d) A clown.
3. Which of the following is NOT something that Anne is not allowed to do when the war begins?
(a) Go to school.
(b) Walk on the sidewalks.
(c) Go to the movies.
(d) Ride street cars.
4. Kraler tells the hiding families to do what during the day?
(b) Stay quiet.
(d) Listen to the radio.
5. What is Miep listening to after asking Mrs. Van Daan about her life before marriage?
(a) A reprimand from her boss.
(b) The radio.
(c) The train.
(d) The bombing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date does Anne start her diary?
2. What is the name of the Van Daan's son?
3. What does Anne have to wear when the war starts?
4. What subject does Anne learn better than her father?
5. What does Mr. Frank do when he picks up the item at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)