|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1 Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Frank say he is leaving the city at the beginning of the book?
(a) There are too many memories.
(b) He wants to find his family.
(c) His business is destroyed.
(d) He is scared to stay.
2. What is the name of the Van Daan's son?
3. What does Mr. Frank tell the girl to do with what she saved for him after the war?
(a) Hide them.
(b) Throw them away.
(c) Burn them.
(d) Frame them.
4. What is Mrs. Van Daan's prized possession?
(a) A painting.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A ring.
(d) A fur coat.
5. What is Mrs. Van Daan most proud of about her body?
(a) Her fingernails are long.
(b) Her waist is thin.
(c) Her hair is long and shiny.
(d) She has great legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that Anne is not allowed to do when the war begins?
2. How does Peter describe himself?
3. What gift does Anne's father give her on their first day in the hiding place?
4. What question does Anne ask Mrs. Van Daan about her life before her marriage?
5. What is the name of the institution helping people in hiding?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)