• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Kinney, Jeff. Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Amulet Books, 2007. Paperback.
• Main character, Greg Heffley, begins the book by saying that his mom is supposed to get him a journal and not a diary.
• Greg's mom still buys him a notebook with "diary" written on the cover, and this notebook serves as the platform for all of Greg's future musings.
• Greg worries that other kids will make fun of him for this.
• He declares that it was his mom's idea to buy a journal for him in the first place.
• Greg says the only reason he agrees to it is because he figures it will benefit him later on in life when he is rich and famous.
• The journal will come in handy, because he will be able to tell people to read it instead...
This section contains 6,592 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)