|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Greg's father go in Section 3?
2. When Greg and the other kids get on the bus for the trip to Hardscrabble Farms in Section 3, how much room do the bags take?
3. Where does Greg hide his candy bars so no one will eat them while he is on the field trip in Section 3?
4. Who does Greg see when he is waiting for Grandpa when the car breaks down in Section 3?
5. By the end of the first day at Hardscrabble Farms, how many kids in Greg's group have had to see the nurse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What work do Greg and the members of his group do Tuesday morning?
2. Why does Greg decide he is unprepared for the trip to Hardscrabble Farms?
3. Why is Frew not happy with his life in Section 3?
4. How does Greg's mom track him down in Section 3 when he runs away with Frew and Billy?
5. What does Greg do when he drops a toothpaste cap in the sink in Section 3?
6. What is Greg to take and not take to Hardscrabble Farms?
7. What happens when Greg's group does a "trust fall" on their first day at Hardscrabble Farms?
8. Why does Greg have to leave his raincoat behind when he leaves for Hardscrabble Farms?
9. Supposedly, who is Silas Scratch?
10. Why does everyone but Greg have big bags that they have brought with them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Frank reveals that he started the Silas Scratch legend. Why did Frank start the legend? What benefits did he obtain by starting the legend as a camper and as an adult? Why does he not want to tell everyone that the story is not true?
Essay Topic 2
Greg tries a lemonade stand to make money. How much planning does Greg do before opening his stand? How does his lack of planning affect his business? Why does his business fail?
Essay Topic 3
Greg believes self-esteem should be boosted by actual accomplishment. Why does Greg believe that self-esteem should be boosted by accomplishment? What attempts has Greg seen for boosting self-esteem? What types of ways to boost self-esteem does Greg dislike? Why does Greg feel so strongly about the right and wrong way to boost self-esteem?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)