|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Greg realize he should have brought when he unpacks in Section 4?
2. When Greg and the other kids get on the bus for the trip to Hardscrabble Farms in Section 3, how much room do the bags take?
3. In Section 3, where does Greg think there might be a webcam?
4. What do some people leave when Greg is waiting for Grandpa when the car breaks down in Section 3?
5. Which chaperone has more than one troublemaker in the cabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Greg and the others scrape their lunch leftovers into a giant pot after their first lunch at Hardscrabble Farms?
2. Why does Billy say that he stole from a convenience store in Section 3?
3. How does Greg get all the items he needs for the field trip on such a short time frame?
4. Why does Greg have to leave his raincoat behind when he leaves for Hardscrabble Farms?
5. What does Mrs. Graziano say in her welcome speech to Hardscrabble Farms?
6. What happens when Grandpa drives Greg to the hardware store?
7. What mail does Greg get from home on Wednesday at Hardscrabble Farms?
8. Why does Greg decide he is unprepared for the trip to Hardscrabble Farms?
9. What does Greg do when he drops a toothpaste cap in the sink in Section 3?
10. Why is Frew not happy with his life in Section 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Greg is determined to not go to Hardscrabble Farms. Why does Greg not want to go to the farm? Why does Greg change his mind and go on the trip? How does his last-minute decision affect his experience at the farms?
Essay Topic 2
Family is an important theme in the book. In what way is family important to Greg, his parents, his grandfather, and his brothers? How does this importance affect how family members treat one another? Why does family seem more important to some of the Heffley family members than others?
Essay Topic 3
Greg and the other students have to perform chores at Hardscrabble Farms. How does Greg feel about doing hard work at first? How difficult is it for Greg to do some of the chores? How does performing chores make Greg feel about himself and why?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)