|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Greg have to leave behind in order to get all the baby wipes in his bag?
2. On Wednesday, what do the kids at Hardscrabble Farms do after finishing their farm chores?
3. Where does Greg hide his candy bars so no one will eat them while he is on the field trip in Section 3?
4. How long does it take Greg's mom and a tow truck to come when the car rolls in Section 3?
5. Which kid in Greg's cabin seems to be upset about being at Hardscrabble Farms and being away from his parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grandpa give Greg before Greg leaves for Hardscrabble Farms?
2. Why does Greg decide he is unprepared for the trip to Hardscrabble Farms?
3. Why do Greg and the others scrape their lunch leftovers into a giant pot after their first lunch at Hardscrabble Farms?
4. How do some kids get caught with contraband in their bags?
5. What work do Greg and the members of his group do Tuesday morning?
6. What does Greg say about breakfast on Tuesday at Hardscrabble Farms?
7. Why is Frew not happy with his life in Section 3?
8. Why does Mr. Jefferson make Greg's group go to bed early on Monday?
9. Why does everyone but Greg have big bags that they have brought with them?
10. Why does Greg have to leave his raincoat behind when he leaves for Hardscrabble Farms?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Greg tries a lemonade stand to make money. How much planning does Greg do before opening his stand? How does his lack of planning affect his business? Why does his business fail?
Essay Topic 2
Greg tends to be irresponsible. What are some of Greg’s struggles with being responsible? How does he try to be more responsible? How effective are Greg’s efforts to be responsible?
Essay Topic 3
Family is an important theme in the book. In what way is family important to Greg, his parents, his grandfather, and his brothers? How does this importance affect how family members treat one another? Why does family seem more important to some of the Heffley family members than others?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)