|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets the cleanup at the park in Section 2 organized?
2. How many people did Grandpa try to invite to the house?
3. How much money does Frank give Greg to start a business on electronics-free weekend?
4. What did Greg do when he was at camp in July and August?
5. What was Frank able to buy when he and Giles had a lemonade stand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rodrick get a job, and where does he find a job?
2. How did Greg spend his summer this year, and why did he choose that activity?
3. How does Sue get enough signatures for her electronics-free weekend?
4. What is happening at the Heffley house when they go home after finding Rodrick in Section 2?
5. According to Greg's dad and to his grandfather, what did his dad used to hide all over town?
6. What does Greg decide to sell when the lemonade does not work out, and how does he try to advertise?
7. Why does Greg's grandfather move in with Greg's family?
8. Why was Rodrick late to work in Section 2?
9. What happens when Greg asks his mother to open a microwave burrito for him?
10. Why is Greg's mom circulating a petition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Family is an important theme in the book. In what way is family important to Greg, his parents, his grandfather, and his brothers? How does this importance affect how family members treat one another? Why does family seem more important to some of the Heffley family members than others?
Essay Topic 2
Greg tries a lemonade stand to make money. How much planning does Greg do before opening his stand? How does his lack of planning affect his business? Why does his business fail?
Essay Topic 3
Greg’s mom wants less use of electronics. How does Sue try to achieve an electronics-free weekend? What are her motives for wanting an electronics-free weekend? Does she achieve her goal?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)