|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the people wearing who were brought on a bus to the cleanup in the park in Section 2?
2. What does Rowley end up doing in Section 2 after Greg's mother gets involved?
3. During cleanup at the park in Section 2, what do some little kids play in?
4. What does Greg decide to sell when his lemonade stand does not work well?
5. How did Sue get all the signatures for her petition?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sue get enough signatures for her electronics-free weekend?
2. What happens when Greg asks his mother to open a microwave burrito for him?
3. According to Greg's dad and to his grandfather, what did his dad used to hide all over town?
4. What happens to Greg's Fitness Water when he takes it to the park?
5. What do grown-ups say about the "good old days," and why does Greg think grow-ups always talk about the "good old days"?
6. Why does Rodrick get a job, and where does he find a job?
7. How did Greg spend his summer this year, and why did he choose that activity?
8. What is happening at the Heffley house when they go home after finding Rodrick in Section 2?
9. Why is the town park such a mess?
10. What did Greg used to do when his dad dropped him off for swim team in the first grade?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A role reversal occurs when Grandpa moves into the Heffley house. Who swaps roles when Grandpa moves into the Heffley house? How does the role reversal affect the relationship between Grandpa and Frank? How does the role reversal affect other family relationships?
Essay Topic 2
Frank and Grandpa each believe their childhood was the best. Why did Frank and Grandpa believe their childhood was the best? What does Greg think about their views? How does he think he will be when he has his own children someday, and how much will his views be shaped by the childhood he is having?
Essay Topic 3
Greg has mixed feelings about technology. Why does Greg have mixed feelings about technology? What does freedom or privacy have to do with how Greg feels about technology? How do those feelings affect the way he interfaces with or use technology?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)