|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Greg say you never see in the old black-and-white photos?
2. What does Greg say is a great invention to replace toilet paper?
3. What does Greg decide to sell when his lemonade stand does not work well?
4. What do the people who organize the park cleanup sell?
5. What does Greg's grandfather say they played when he was a kid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What complaints do people who visit Greg's lemonade stand have?
2. How did Greg spend his summer this year, and why did he choose that activity?
3. Why does Greg choose the room where he will sleep in Section 1?
4. What did Greg used to do when his dad dropped him off for swim team in the first grade?
5. According to Greg's dad and to his grandfather, what did his dad used to hide all over town?
6. What happens when Greg asks his mother to open a microwave burrito for him?
7. What happened to Greg last summer at the town pool?
8. Why was Rodrick late to work in Section 2?
9. What do grown-ups say about the "good old days," and why does Greg think grow-ups always talk about the "good old days"?
10. What happens to Greg's Fitness Water when he takes it to the park?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Greg has to use survival skills to deal with some situations in the book. What are some situations where Greg must use survival skills? How successful is he at surviving certain situations? How does he gain survival skills, and how do those skills help him to overcome some of the issues in his life?
Essay Topic 2
A role reversal occurs when Grandpa moves into the Heffley house. Who swaps roles when Grandpa moves into the Heffley house? How does the role reversal affect the relationship between Grandpa and Frank? How does the role reversal affect other family relationships?
Essay Topic 3
Greg believes self-esteem should be boosted by actual accomplishment. Why does Greg believe that self-esteem should be boosted by accomplishment? What attempts has Greg seen for boosting self-esteem? What types of ways to boost self-esteem does Greg dislike? Why does Greg feel so strongly about the right and wrong way to boost self-esteem?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)