|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many letters does Greg received from home on Wednesday at Hardscrabble Farms?
2. What does Greg realize he should have brought when he unpacks in Section 4?
(a) Winter coat.
(d) Sleeping bag.
3. What does someone think that the rock is that someone trips over after lunch on the second day at Hardscrabble Farms?
(a) Property marker.
(c) Silas Scratch's gravestone.
4. Who gets sent home after being found by a stick of half-eaten deodorant on Thursday at Hardscrabble Farms?
5. What is the first job that Greg's group does on the second day they are at Hardscrabble Farms?
(a) Paint a fence.
(b) Move hay bales.
(c) Stack firewood.
(d) Repair a stone wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 4, as a group leaves Hardscrabble Farms, what does a sign say to beware of?
2. While Greg's group is dealing with the fish caught on Wednesday at Hardscrabble Farms, what does Mr. Jefferson tell Greg?
3. What does Mike Barrows get caught trying to smuggle in his bag in Section 4?
4. What part of the car is banged up after Greg rolls it in Section 3?
5. What does Grandpa run over when he is driving Greg in Section 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grandpa give Greg before Greg leaves for Hardscrabble Farms?
2. Why does Greg have to leave his raincoat behind when he leaves for Hardscrabble Farms?
3. What does Mrs. Graziano say in her welcome speech to Hardscrabble Farms?
4. What does Greg do when he drops a toothpaste cap in the sink in Section 3?
5. What happens when Grandpa drives Greg to the hardware store?
6. Why is Greg worried about the food situation on the field trip, and what does he do about it?
7. How are showers taken at Hardscrabble Farms?
8. Why do Greg and the others scrape their lunch leftovers into a giant pot after their first lunch at Hardscrabble Farms?
9. Why is Frew not happy with his life in Section 3?
10. How do some kids get caught with contraband in their bags?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)