|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During mail call on Wednesday at Hardscrabble Farms, whose mother puts a photo in with her letter?
2. What time does Frew have to get up six days a week?
(a) 6:30 a.m.
(b) 5 a.m.
(c) 5:30 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
3. Where did Billy steal something?
(a) Gas station.
(b) Convenience store.
(c) Drug store.
(d) Grocery store.
4. Which kid in Greg's cabin seems to be upset about being at Hardscrabble Farms and being away from his parents?
5. Why does Greg want to be rich when he is older?
(a) So he can travel.
(b) So he can buy all the baby wipes he wants.
(c) So he can do whatever he wants.
(d) So he can buy a sportscar.
6. What will happen to the leftovers at Hardscrabble Farms?
(a) They will be fed to the goats.
(b) They will be fed to the pigs.
(c) They will be made into stew.
(d) They will be composted.
7. What does Greg realize he should have brought when he unpacks in Section 4?
(a) Sleeping bag.
(d) Winter coat.
8. What does Frew say that his parents never let him play?
(a) Laser tag.
(b) Paint ball.
9. Who does Greg see when he is waiting for Grandpa when the car breaks down in Section 3?
(a) His mother.
(b) A police officer.
(c) Community service gang.
(d) His father.
10. What is the first job that Greg's group does on the second day they are at Hardscrabble Farms?
(a) Paint a fence.
(b) Stack firewood.
(c) Move hay bales.
(d) Repair a stone wall.
11. What did Billy steal?
(b) Sour gummy worms.
12. What do some people leave when Greg is waiting for Grandpa when the car breaks down in Section 3?
(a) Convenience food.
(d) Sports equipment.
13. What time does Mr. Jefferson wake everyone up on the second day at Hardscrabble Farms?
(a) Right after the sun rises.
(b) 5:30 a.m.
(c) Crack of dawn.
(d) 6 a.m.
14. What part of the car is banged up after Greg rolls it in Section 3?
(a) Passenger door.
(c) Driver's door.
15. Who is Greg's bunkmate at Hardscrabble Farms?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Mr. Healey.
(c) Mr. Nuzzi.
(d) Mr. Jefferson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not allowed on the trip to Hardscrabble Farms?
2. Where does Greg hide his candy bars so no one will eat them while he is on the field trip in Section 3?
3. In Section 4, who tells everyone at Hardscrabble Farms that there is a network of tunnels beneath the cabins?
4. What does Billy share with Greg and Frew when they are running from the Girl Scouts in Section 3?
5. What does Grandpa give Greg to take on the field trip in Section 3?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)