Section 1: Pages 1-48
• At the beginning of the book, it is September, and Greg is complaining how adults always think that the years they were children were the best.
• Greg thinks his generation is the best because they have the most technology.
• He does say that when he is an adult, he will tell his kids that the days when he was a kid were the best.
• Greg’s mom thinks that everyone spends too much time with electronics.
• She is trying to get people to sign a petition that will get people to stop using their phones and electronic gadgets for 48 hours.
• She has to have 100 signatures to submit her petition to the city.
• Greg thinks that people are not as tough as they used to be, because there are so many inventions—like baby wipes—that have made life simpler.
• Greg’s family has a pet...
This section contains 2,054 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)