|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did people react to Diane's work after her death?
2. Moondog worked as a _______.
3. According to Bosworth, why was Diane's work more appealing in the 60's?
4. Why were the recipients of Diane's gifts considered "lucky"?
5. Diane's exhibit after her death was titled "Diane Arbus ________."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are small discrepancies between what Diane did, claimed, and felt. Much of her true nature was shown through what she envied of others. Discuss the telling nature of Diane's jealousy.
Essay Topic 2
Diane and her siblings all grew up to become artists although they were raised in a wealthy, business oriented home. Discuss how the different facets of Diane's upbringing (from her financial opportunities, to her education, to the emotions in her house) formed her.
Essay Topic 3
Part of Diane's struggle was being a woman in a male-dominated profession. More so, she resented being "clumped" with feminists. Discuss Diane's positive and negative relationship with her femininity.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)