|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Diane is described as being a _______ housewife.
2. Bosworth explains the Arbuses complimented each other because Diane was ________.
3. Diane is described as being popular, outgoing, and _______.
4. Lisette Model was famous for photographing human "_______."
5. When Frank Russek arrived in America, with whom did he live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How concerned were Allan and Diane about infidelity?
2. Did Diane's "tying things up" before her death benefit her friends? Why or why not?
3. Why was Howard's British wife a successful saleswoman at Russeks?
4. Was Diane's Esquire photography successful? How did she feel bout the outcome of her work?
5. Did "Diane Arbus Revelations" alter the way Diane's work was received?
6. Why was Diane's mother depressed?
7. Was Europe a positive experience for Diane? How?
8. Based on the end of the Afterword, do you believe Diane had a positive view on her work?
9. How did Grosz work influence Diane?
10. What piqued Diane's interests in the grotesque?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Diane Arbus expressed a disdain for her own work shortly before her death, she also exhibited confidence in its value through her life. Discuss Diane's view and value of her own work and how it affected her actions.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout her life, Diane had many mentors who helped her develop her vision. Discuss these mentors and what each offered to Diane and if they were a positive or negative influence on her art or her as a person.
Essay Topic 3
History repeated itself in the Arbus family. Many aspects of Diane and Allan mirrored that of Diane's parents. Discuss Diane's drive in her family and the repercussions of her flawed childhood home.
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)