|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Diane experience the "real world"?
2. Diane was aware that by marrying Allan she would be giving up ______.
3. How did Diane's father make their home difficult?
4. Where did Allan and Diane's fashion photography business start?
5. Diane and her friends were all raised like Jewish ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. How concerned were Allan and Diane about infidelity?
2. How did Diane's family maintain the value of her work? Was this successful?
3. How were Diane and Howard inclined toward art? Who encouraged this?
4. Why was Diane envious of Howard?
5. From her schooling at the Ethical Culture School, what were the philosophies that Diane was raised on?
6. Was Diane remorseful of her affair with Alex? Why or why not?
7. Why did Diane give away many of her photographs in 1970 and 1971?
8. How did Diane's parents feel about her marrying Allan? Was she fulfilling their desires of letting them down?
9. What did Diane capture about the 1960's?
10. Was Diane good with children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
History repeated itself in the Arbus family. Many aspects of Diane and Allan mirrored that of Diane's parents. Discuss Diane's drive in her family and the repercussions of her flawed childhood home.
Essay Topic 2
Diane's life was full of infidelity. Judging from the reactions of those around her and her own reactions, her actions were a product of a larger problem. Discuss why Diane was unfaithful.
Essay Topic 3
Allan was Diane's only husband whom she married while she was young and with whom she had two children. Allan both afforded Diane the life she wanted and prevented her from that life as well. Discuss Diane's relationship with Allan.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)