|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Russeks go out of business?
2. Diane was _______ in Allan's new social circle of actors.
3. What was Diane's relationship with her younger sister like?
4. Towards the late 50's, Diane felt like she was at a _________ phase in her life.
5. After the affair, how did Alex feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Diane's family maintain the value of her work? Was this successful?
2. Was Europe a positive experience for Diane? How?
3. How did Model influence Diane's photography?
4. What contributed to Diane's depression as her business grew?
5. How did Diane's lifestyle with her artist friends fuel her creativity?
6. Was the Russek's store successful? How was it tried? How did it succeed?
7. Why did Diane and Allan stay together?
8. How did Diane compensate for Allan's absence after their divorce was final? Was she successful?
9. When Diane broke down at the end of a dinner party, what change did it prompt in the family?
10. What was Diane's genre of photography? Did Diane influence her genre for the future?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diane's work maintained its value because Doon decided to carefully control the distribution of her work. Diane was able to receive acclaim during her life by giving control of her artistic endeavors to Marvin Israel. Discuss the positives and negatives of Diane relinquishing control to others.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what contributed to Diane Arbus's downfall and why her life ended as it did.
Essay Topic 3
Diane and her siblings all grew up to become artists although they were raised in a wealthy, business oriented home. Discuss how the different facets of Diane's upbringing (from her financial opportunities, to her education, to the emotions in her house) formed her.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)