|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Diane is described as being a _______ housewife.
2. How did Diane experience the "real world"?
3. When did Russek's begin its decline?
4. Towards the late 50's, Diane felt like she was at a _________ phase in her life.
5. Where did Allan and Diane's fashion photography business start?
Short Essay Questions
1. From her schooling at the Ethical Culture School, what were the philosophies that Diane was raised on?
2. To Diane, what was the only way one could achieve a true portrait? How did she manage this?
3. What contributed to Diane's depression as her business grew?
4. How was Diane "the first paparazzi"? For her, was this a good title?
5. Did the Nemerov children have a "fairyland" childhood? Why or why not?
6. How was the Arbus family able to go to Europe? Why did they go?
7. Is Diane's documentation of the 60's thorough or narrow? How?
8. What was Robert Frank's image of "America"?
9. How concerned were Allan and Diane about infidelity?
10. How did Alex's role in Diane's life affect her relationship with Allan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are small discrepancies between what Diane did, claimed, and felt. Much of her true nature was shown through what she envied of others. Discuss the telling nature of Diane's jealousy.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout her life, Diane had many mentors who helped her develop her vision. Discuss these mentors and what each offered to Diane and if they were a positive or negative influence on her art or her as a person.
Essay Topic 3
There is a clear correlation between Diane's attitudes as a teenager and her photography as an adult. Discuss how Diane's art reflects Diane.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)