|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Model said: "Photographs that demand admiration have a power to ______."
2. Why did Diane develop depression when first marrying Allan?
3. Diane wanted to escape the _______ of commercial photography.
4. Why was Diane jealous of Howard?
5. Why did Diane's father send her to art school one summer in Massachusetts?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Grosz work influence Diane?
2. How was Diane "the first paparazzi"? For her, was this a good title?
3. How did Diane's family maintain the value of her work? Was this successful?
4. What is the overall message about Diane from Bosworth's biography?
5. Was Israel an appropriate mentor for Diane? Why did they develop a relationship?
6. How did Diane and Allan manage to keep their relationship cordial as they grew apart?
7. Why were Diane's parent's opposed to her relationship with Allen?
8. Was Diane's Esquire photography successful? How did she feel bout the outcome of her work?
9. Why was Diane jealous of Jane?
10. Does Bosworth paint Diane in a positive or negative light in her biography? How so?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diane's life was full of infidelity. Judging from the reactions of those around her and her own reactions, her actions were a product of a larger problem. Discuss why Diane was unfaithful.
Essay Topic 2
Allan was Diane's only husband whom she married while she was young and with whom she had two children. Allan both afforded Diane the life she wanted and prevented her from that life as well. Discuss Diane's relationship with Allan.
Essay Topic 3
There are small discrepancies between what Diane did, claimed, and felt. Much of her true nature was shown through what she envied of others. Discuss the telling nature of Diane's jealousy.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)