|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1958, what was Diane and Allan's marriage like?
2. What were Cheech's and Diane's shared pastime?
3. Why did Howard work at Russek's?
4. How did Diane experience the "real world"?
5. Despite her artistic talents, where did Cheech live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the end of the Afterword, do you believe Diane had a positive view on her work?
2. Why, in the early fifties, was it more difficult for Diane to have her work published? Why were magazines more attracted to her work later?
3. How did Diane's lifestyle with her artist friends fuel her creativity?
4. Why was Diane's mother depressed?
5. Were Diane and Allan good business partners in the beginning? Why?
6. Was Diane a typical girl of the 1930's?
7. How was Diane "the first paparazzi"? For her, was this a good title?
8. Is there any discrepancy between Bosworth's account of Diane's state of mind between 1970 and 1971? How so?
9. Why was Howard's British wife a successful saleswoman at Russeks?
10. Why do you think Diane's work is more famous today than in the 60's?
Essay Topic 1
Diane and her siblings all grew up to become artists although they were raised in a wealthy, business oriented home. Discuss how the different facets of Diane's upbringing (from her financial opportunities, to her education, to the emotions in her house) formed her.
Essay Topic 2
Allan was Diane's only husband whom she married while she was young and with whom she had two children. Allan both afforded Diane the life she wanted and prevented her from that life as well. Discuss Diane's relationship with Allan.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout her life, Diane had many mentors who helped her develop her vision. Discuss these mentors and what each offered to Diane and if they were a positive or negative influence on her art or her as a person.
This section contains 1,363 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)