Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1958, what was Diane and Allan's marriage like?
2. What were Cheech's and Diane's shared pastime?
3. Why did Howard work at Russek's?
4. How did Diane experience the "real world"?
5. Despite her artistic talents, where did Cheech live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the end of the Afterword, do you believe Diane had a positive view on her work?
2. Why, in the early fifties, was it more difficult for Diane to have her work published? Why were magazines more attracted to her work later?
3. How did Diane's lifestyle with her artist friends fuel her creativity?
4. Why was Diane's mother depressed?
5. Were Diane and Allan good business partners in the beginning? Why?
6. Was Diane a typical girl of the 1930's?
7. How was Diane "the first paparazzi"? For her, was this a good title?
8. Is there any discrepancy between Bosworth's account of Diane's state of mind between 1970 and 1971? How so?
9. Why was Howard's British wife a successful saleswoman at Russeks?
10. Why do you think Diane's work is more famous today than in the 60's?
Essay Topic 1
Diane's life was full of infidelity. Judging from the reactions of those around her and her own reactions, her actions were a product of a larger problem. Discuss why Diane was unfaithful.
Essay Topic 2
Patricia Bosworth, the author, had a personal relationship with Diane Arbus allowing the reader to experience a personal side of the subject. Discuss how Bosworth's proximity to Arbus affected her recount of her life.
Essay Topic 3
Diane participated in risky behavior as a means to satisfy herself and to gain access to the subjects she desired. Discuss how Diane became inspired and at what price.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)