|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did David expand Russek's?
2. How did Diane's parents feel about her relationship with Allan?
3. How did Anne respond to Alex's infidelity?
4. Howard envied Diane and Howard for ___________.
5. After the affair, how did Alex feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Diane envious of Howard?
2. Was Israel an appropriate mentor for Diane? Why did they develop a relationship?
3. Was Diane duplicitous at a teenager? How?
4. Why were Diane's parent's opposed to her relationship with Allen?
5. What piqued Diane's interests in the grotesque?
6. Was Diane good with children?
7. How did Alex's role in Diane's life affect her relationship with Allan?
8. What contributed to Diane's depression as her business grew?
9. Did Diane's "tying things up" before her death benefit her friends? Why or why not?
10. What is the overall message about Diane from Bosworth's biography?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diane was famous for her portrayal of the grotesque. Discuss Diane's photos. Why did people find her work grotesque? What was Diane's commentary on human nature?
Essay Topic 2
History repeated itself in the Arbus family. Many aspects of Diane and Allan mirrored that of Diane's parents. Discuss Diane's drive in her family and the repercussions of her flawed childhood home.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what contributed to Diane Arbus's downfall and why her life ended as it did.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)