|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did Diane's risky behavior have on her work?
2. How did Diane experience the "real world"?
3. Bosworth explains the Arbuses complimented each other because Diane was ________.
4. Lisette Model was famous for photographing human "_______."
5. After the war, what profession did Howard pursue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Bosworth paint Diane in a positive or negative light in her biography? How so?
2. Why did Diane give away many of her photographs in 1970 and 1971?
3. Does Bosworth have something personal at stake in her biography of Arbus? How?
4. How did Diane and Allan manage to keep their relationship cordial as they grew apart?
5. How was Diane "the first paparazzi"? For her, was this a good title?
6. How did Diane's parents feel about her marrying Allan? Was she fulfilling their desires of letting them down?
7. How was the Arbus family able to go to Europe? Why did they go?
8. Did the Russek family achieve the American dream? How?
9. What was Diane's genre of photography? Did Diane influence her genre for the future?
10. When Diane broke down at the end of a dinner party, what change did it prompt in the family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout her life, Diane had many mentors who helped her develop her vision. Discuss these mentors and what each offered to Diane and if they were a positive or negative influence on her art or her as a person.
Essay Topic 2
Diane and her siblings all grew up to become artists although they were raised in a wealthy, business oriented home. Discuss how the different facets of Diane's upbringing (from her financial opportunities, to her education, to the emotions in her house) formed her.
Essay Topic 3
Diane's life was full of infidelity. Judging from the reactions of those around her and her own reactions, her actions were a product of a larger problem. Discuss why Diane was unfaithful.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)