|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diane's method of photography earned her the title of the "first _______."
2. Why did the Arbus family release Diane's work over time?
(a) To maintain its value.
(b) They didn't have the time to exhibit.
(c) To honor her birthday every year.
(d) They didn't have the money for exhibitions.
3. What about "retardates" did Diane find appealing?
(a) Their playfulness.
(b) Their rarity.
(c) Their innocence.
(d) Their naivety.
4. What word does Bosworth use to describe the reaction to Diane's show at the Museum of Modern Art?
5. What was special about Bosworth's and Diane's encounter in 1970?
(a) It was the first time they met.
(b) It was their last.
(c) Diane let Bosworth see her photos.
(d) She asked for Bosworth's advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What control did Israel have over Diane?
2. Why were the recipients of Diane's gifts considered "lucky"?
3. Israel's paintings were described as "_______."
4. Marvin Israel was Diane's mentor and _______.
5. After photographing her dead grandfather, she said, "I didn't really ______ him."
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)