|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Howard's wife a good business tool for attracting wealthy clients?
(a) Her British accent.
(b) Her stylishness.
(c) Her good looks.
(d) Her business experience.
2. Why did Russeks go out of business?
(a) A competitor opened next door.
(b) David was spending recklessly.
(c) They were robbed.
(d) People wanted a more casual lifestyle.
3. Allan Arbus was the son of ______ immigrants.
4. Through her classes with Black, how did Diane perceive her life?
(a) It was perfect.
(b) It was too sanitary.
(c) It was too privileged.
(d) It was infinite.
5. Why did Diane's father send her to art school one summer in Massachusetts?
(a) To keep her away from Allan.
(b) To show her the world.
(c) To nurture her talent.
(d) To help her get a scholarship.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in Europe, Diane discovered the _______ sides of cities.
2. What about Cheech did Allan resent?
3. How did Anne respond to Alex's infidelity?
4. Why did Allan continue to photograph?
5. What risky behavior did Diane engage in with her new artist friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was the Russek's store successful? How was it tried? How did it succeed?
2. What was Robert Frank's image of "America"?
3. How was Diane similar to many other artists?
4. Why was Diane chosen for the "New York" issue of Esquire? Was this appropriate for her style?
5. Does Bosworth have something personal at stake in her biography of Arbus? How?
6. How did Grosz work influence Diane?
7. Why did Russeks decline?
8. Why, in the early fifties, was it more difficult for Diane to have her work published? Why were magazines more attracted to her work later?
9. Did Diane's "tying things up" before her death benefit her friends? Why or why not?
10. Did the Nemerov children have a "fairyland" childhood? Why or why not?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)