|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Cheech's and Diane's shared pastime?
(a) People watching.
2. Through her classes with Black, how did Diane perceive her life?
(a) It was too sanitary.
(b) It was infinite.
(c) It was perfect.
(d) It was too privileged.
3. Diane wanted to escape the _______ of commercial photography.
4. How did Diane's mother make their home difficult?
(a) She drank all the time.
(b) She was violent.
(c) She spent all their money.
(d) She suffered from depression.
5. How did Anne respond to Alex's infidelity?
(a) She understood.
(b) She left him.
(c) She was a little depressed.
(d) She was hysterical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What traditional philosophy was Diane's and Howard's relationship with their parents founded on?
2. How was "deed, not creed" integrated into Diane's life?
3. Why did Howard work at Russek's?
4. What was Diane's relationship with her younger sister like?
5. While working at Russek's, what did Allan want to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Diane believe her life was "sanitary"? What was her philosophy on her life after meeting Algernon Black?
2. How was Diane similar to many other artists?
3. How did Diane's parents feel about her marrying Allan? Was she fulfilling their desires of letting them down?
4. Why were Diane's parent's opposed to her relationship with Allen?
5. Was Diane good with children?
6. By the end of Chapter 20, did Allan and Diane have a strong marriage?
7. How did Diane and Allan manage to keep their relationship cordial as they grew apart?
8. Was Diane a typical girl of the 1930's?
9. How did Diane compare to the photographers of the 30's and 40's?
10. What was Robert Frank's image of "America"?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)