|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David and Gertrude realized their children would be drawn to _______ pursuits in their career.
2. How did the Russeks earn enough money to start a fur shop?
(a) By robbing banks.
(b) By selling all their clothes.
(c) By working in restaurants.
(d) By being bookies.
3. Despite her artistic talents, where did Cheech live?
(a) A hotel.
(b) In an abandoned house.
(c) Her parents' house.
(d) The Arbus' guest room.
4. Diane was _______ in Allan's new social circle of actors.
(d) Not welcome.
5. Why did Diane develop depression when first marrying Allan?
(a) She had a miscarriage.
(b) She had to abandon art.
(c) He cheated on her.
(d) She missed her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Allan and Diane's fashion photography business start?
2. What made Howard's wife a good business tool for attracting wealthy clients?
3. How did Diane meet Cheech McKenzie?
4. Unlike other girls, Diane wasn't ashamed of her _______.
5. What publication gave the Arbus' photography business its break?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was Diane a typical, grieving daughter when her father died? Why?
2. Does Bosworth paint Diane in a positive or negative light in her biography? How so?
3. How did Diane and Howard feel about working at Russek's? What were their reasons for continuing to work there?
4. Was Diane remorseful of her affair with Alex? Why or why not?
5. What was Diane's genre of photography? Did Diane influence her genre for the future?
6. Why did Allan ban Cheech from the Arbus home?
7. Did Diane's "tying things up" before her death benefit her friends? Why or why not?
8. Why was Diane envious of Howard?
9. Why did Diane give away many of her photographs in 1970 and 1971?
10. Does Bosworth have something personal at stake in her biography of Arbus? How?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)