|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Diane matured into her teens, what did she develop?
(a) Strange habits.
(b) An imaginary life.
(d) An angry streak.
2. How was "deed, not creed" integrated into Diane's life?
(a) Through her parents.
(b) Through her brother.
(c) Through her school.
(d) Through her books.
3. What did Diane do about her depression when people began to notice?
(a) She hid it.
(b) She sought help.
(c) She took medication.
(d) She publicized it.
4. How did Diane's mother make their home difficult?
(a) She was violent.
(b) She suffered from depression.
(c) She spent all their money.
(d) She drank all the time.
5. From where did the Russek family immigrate?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Russeks earn enough money to start a fur shop?
2. Whom did Diane sketch in her art classes at school?
3. According to Bosworth, why did Cheech most adore Diane?
4. What drew Diane to Grosz's work?
5. David is described as being consumed by ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the Arbus family able to go to Europe? Why did they go?
2. How did Grosz work influence Diane?
3. What was Robert Frank's image of "America"?
4. Does Bosworth paint Diane in a positive or negative light in her biography? How so?
5. Why did Allan ban Cheech from the Arbus home?
6. Why was Diane's mother depressed?
7. How did Diane and Howard feel about working at Russek's? What were their reasons for continuing to work there?
8. How did Diane's family maintain the value of her work? Was this successful?
9. Why was Howard's British wife a successful saleswoman at Russeks?
10. By the end of Chapter 20, did Allan and Diane have a strong marriage?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)