|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Cheech did Allan resent?
(a) Her loud parties.
(b) Her influence on Diane.
(c) Her immature attitude.
(d) Her homeless boyfriend.
2. How was Diane's work received when she first submitted her portfolio?
(a) Everyone was thrilled.
(b) There was no interest.
(c) Everyone hated it.
(d) People were hesitant.
3. Diane pushed the limits of personal photography by photographing whom?
(c) Homeless men.
(d) Her dead grandmother.
4. When Frank Russek arrived in America, with whom did he live?
(a) His two brothers.
(b) His four sisters.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His uncles.
5. By 1958, what was Diane and Allan's marriage like?
(a) They lived separate lives.
(b) They were very close.
(c) They were the same as always.
(d) They were like brother and sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Diane is described as being popular, outgoing, and _______.
2. Diane was aware that by marrying Allan she would be giving up ______.
3. Where did Allan and Diane's fashion photography business start?
4. What was Diane's relationship with her younger sister like?
5. What were Diane and Howard not comfortable with as children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did the Russek family achieve the American dream? How?
2. What did Diane capture about the 1960's?
3. Is there any discrepancy between Bosworth's account of Diane's state of mind between 1970 and 1971? How so?
4. Was Diane remorseful of her affair with Alex? Why or why not?
5. What were Diane's choices of inspiration? How did those reflect her vision and tendency towards art?
6. How was Diane "the first paparazzi"? For her, was this a good title?
7. How did Diane's family maintain the value of her work? Was this successful?
8. How did Diane's parents feel about her marrying Allan? Was she fulfilling their desires of letting them down?
9. Was Diane good with children?
10. Does Bosworth have something personal at stake in her biography of Arbus? How?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)