|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Diane travel to New Jersey and Pennsylvania?
(a) To find a new doctor.
(b) To visit her family.
(c) To go to carnivals.
(d) To take photographs.
2. According to Bosworth, why was Diane's work more appealing in the 60's?
(a) Publishers were experimenting.
(b) There were fewer photographers.
(c) Diane was more mature.
(d) Feminism was on the rise.
3. How did Diane search out her subjects?
(a) By going to bars.
(b) By attending parties.
(c) By looking at personal adds.
(d) By riding the subway at night.
4. By the early 1960's, what defined Diane and Allan's relationship?
5. In 1959, Esquire adopted a ______ approach to art.
6. How did people react to Diane's work after her death?
(a) They were enamored.
(b) They were ambivalent.
(c) They were disgusted.
(d) They were displeased.
7. Diane's work is considered a thorough study of what?
(a) The times.
(b) Family ties.
(c) Her life.
8. Diane's exhibit after her death was titled "Diane Arbus ________."
9. Why was Diane different than other artists?
(a) She lived with other artists.
(b) She cheated on her husband.
(c) She revolutionized her genre.
(d) She was famous.
10. Other than the United States, where was Diane's work exhibited after her death?
11. At the fundraiser, Bosworth explained that Diane was doing what she always _______.
12. Bosworth quotes Diane as saying, "These are things no one would see unless ________."
(a) The world existed.
(b) I photographed them.
(c) They read magazines.
(d) They lived in New York.
13. What about "retardates" did Diane find appealing?
(a) Their playfulness.
(b) Their innocence.
(c) Their rarity.
(d) Their naivety.
14. Diane wanted to capture the "_________" of nudists.
15. After photographing her dead grandfather, she said, "I didn't really ______ him."
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Allan feel about the development of his acting career?
2. As Allan made plans to move to California, what was Diane's fear?
3. Because of Israel's role in her life, what choice did she have to make?
4. Who became the executrix of Diane's estate?
5. Diane's method of photography earned her the title of the "first _______."
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)