|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diane's photographs were carefully ________ by the estate.
2. Why did Diane befriend Moondog?
(a) To exploit him.
(b) To learn about his past.
(c) To make new friends.
(d) To get a glimpse into his world.
3. Why were the recipients of Diane's gifts considered "lucky"?
(a) They owned priceless works of art.
(b) They were clearly loved by Diane.
(c) They had something to boast about.
(d) They didn't meet Diane's same fate.
4. Before teaching at parsons, what magazine did Israel edit?
(c) The Atlantic.
5. For what project did Diane collaborate with Richard Avedon?
(a) A fashion layout.
(b) An American portrait.
(c) A celebrity expose.
(d) Her family photo.
6. Why did Diane travel to New Jersey and Pennsylvania?
(a) To go to carnivals.
(b) To visit her family.
(c) To find a new doctor.
(d) To take photographs.
7. What did Diane experience after death?
8. After her Esquire shoot, how did Diane feel?
9. As Diane's mental condition worsened, how did people describe her behavior?
10. Diane's exhibit after her death was titled "Diane Arbus ________."
11. As Allan made plans to move to California, what was Diane's fear?
(a) Failing at photography.
(b) He would leave her for good.
(c) Dying alone.
(d) Her children would leave.
12. As Diane became more immersed in photography, what was her strongest desire?
(a) Photographing celebrities.
(b) Shocking people.
(c) Learning to paint.
(d) Selling her work.
13. Diane's method of photography earned her the title of the "first _______."
14. How did Diane and Allan give the illusion of still being together?
(a) By entertaining together.
(b) By going on public dates.
(c) By sharing an apartment.
(d) By having family photos.
15. What opportunity did Diane's risky behavior afford her?
(a) A new respect for her life.
(b) An insight into dangerous groups.
(c) A secret life.
(d) A new understanding of human nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Diane different than other artists?
2. Why were publications unhappy with Diane's photos of celebrities?
3. How did people react to Diane's work after her death?
4. In Israel's opinion, why did Diane fail in the 50's?
5. Whom was Diane photographing at the fundraiser?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)