|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fundraiser were Diane and Bosworth attending in 1970?
(a) The Salvation Army.
(b) The Chicago Seven Defense.
(c) The Race for the Cure.
(d) The War Relief.
2. Why did the Arbus family release Diane's work over time?
(a) To honor her birthday every year.
(b) To maintain its value.
(c) They didn't have the time to exhibit.
(d) They didn't have the money for exhibitions.
3. Photographers of the 30's were described as "_______" recorders.
4. How was Allan's acting career developing?
(a) He was only wanted as a model.
(b) He was getting small movie roles.
(c) He was starring in off-Broadway plays.
(d) He wasn't finding work.
5. By the early 1960's, what defined Diane and Allan's relationship?
6. What was special about Bosworth's and Diane's encounter in 1970?
(a) It was the first time they met.
(b) It was their last.
(c) Diane let Bosworth see her photos.
(d) She asked for Bosworth's advice.
7. Other than the United States, where was Diane's work exhibited after her death?
8. What word does Bosworth use to describe the reaction to Diane's show at the Museum of Modern Art?
9. After her Esquire shoot, how did Diane feel?
10. Allan and Diane maintained their business relationship, but what was gone?
11. Why did Diane befriend Moondog?
(a) To learn about his past.
(b) To exploit him.
(c) To make new friends.
(d) To get a glimpse into his world.
12. What control did Israel have over Diane?
(a) Her artistic endeavors.
(b) Her love life.
(c) He education.
(d) Her public appearances.
13. In Israel's opinion, why did Diane fail in the 50's?
(a) Her subject matter was unappealing.
(b) She had no technique.
(c) Her mannerisms were unprofessional.
(d) She was a woman.
14. Diane wanted to capture the "_________" of nudists.
15. Moondog worked as a _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Diane's photographs were carefully ________ by the estate.
2. Diane's work is considered a thorough study of what?
3. Other than subject matter, what did Diane alter in photography?
4. How did Allan feel about the development of his acting career?
5. Diane's genre is called ________ photography.
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)