|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bosworth in the Afterword, how was Diane like so many other artists?
(a) She died young.
(b) She never made any money.
(c) She experienced fame after death.
(d) She had a family.
2. What first experience did Diane have from working with Esquire?
(a) Being paid to photograph.
(b) Working without Allan.
(c) Being independent of Israel.
(d) Working with other women.
3. For what project did Diane collaborate with Richard Avedon?
(a) Her family photo.
(b) An American portrait.
(c) A fashion layout.
(d) A celebrity expose.
4. Why were the recipients of Diane's gifts considered "lucky"?
(a) They didn't meet Diane's same fate.
(b) They were clearly loved by Diane.
(c) They had something to boast about.
(d) They owned priceless works of art.
5. How did Allan feel about the development of his acting career?
(a) He felt like a failure.
(b) He loved it.
(c) He had high hopes.
(d) He hated it.
6. By the early 1960's, what defined Diane and Allan's relationship?
7. What increased Diane's sense of urgency in succeeding in photography?
(a) She wanted to be more successful than Allan.
(b) It was a dying art.
(c) The world changed so rapidly.
(d) Art was dominated by men.
8. What control did Israel have over Diane?
(a) Her love life.
(b) Her artistic endeavors.
(c) He education.
(d) Her public appearances.
9. Bosworth explains Diane photographed every social and cultural ________.
10. After photographing her dead grandfather, she said, "I didn't really ______ him."
11. Before teaching at parsons, what magazine did Israel edit?
(c) The Atlantic.
12. Marvin Israel was Diane's mentor and _______.
13. Why was Diane different than other artists?
(a) She lived with other artists.
(b) She cheated on her husband.
(c) She revolutionized her genre.
(d) She was famous.
14. For how long would Diane photograph?
(a) Until she ran out of film.
(b) Until her subject got tired.
(c) Until her cab arrived.
(d) Until the sun came up.
15. Why did Diane travel to New Jersey and Pennsylvania?
(a) To visit her family.
(b) To go to carnivals.
(c) To take photographs.
(d) To find a new doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Diane befriend Moondog?
2. Bosworth quotes Diane as saying, "These are things no one would see unless ________."
3. What opportunity did Diane's risky behavior afford her?
4. Diane's exhibit after her death was titled "Diane Arbus ________."
5. Other than the United States, where was Diane's work exhibited after her death?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)