|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Bosworth use to describe the reaction to Diane's show at the Museum of Modern Art?
2. Photographers of the 30's were described as "_______" recorders.
3. Why did the Arbus family release Diane's work over time?
(a) To honor her birthday every year.
(b) To maintain its value.
(c) They didn't have the time to exhibit.
(d) They didn't have the money for exhibitions.
4. Why did Diane befriend Moondog?
(a) To get a glimpse into his world.
(b) To learn about his past.
(c) To make new friends.
(d) To exploit him.
5. Diane's method of photography earned her the title of the "first _______."
6. For how long would Diane photograph?
(a) Until the sun came up.
(b) Until she ran out of film.
(c) Until her subject got tired.
(d) Until her cab arrived.
7. Diane's exhibit after her death was titled "Diane Arbus ________."
8. Diane's work is considered a thorough study of what?
(a) The times.
(c) Her life.
(d) Family ties.
9. After photographing her dead grandfather, she said, "I didn't really ______ him."
10. What word does Bosworth use to describe Arbus' role in her field?
(d) Poster child.
11. How did Diane and Allan give the illusion of still being together?
(a) By having family photos.
(b) By sharing an apartment.
(c) By going on public dates.
(d) By entertaining together.
12. Other than subject matter, what did Diane alter in photography?
13. Marvin Israel was Diane's mentor and _______.
14. What increased Diane's sense of urgency in succeeding in photography?
(a) It was a dying art.
(b) The world changed so rapidly.
(c) She wanted to be more successful than Allan.
(d) Art was dominated by men.
15. Why were publications unhappy with Diane's photos of celebrities?
(a) She picked lesser known people.
(b) She photographed celebrity look-alikes.
(c) Her shots were unflattering.
(d) She made them likable.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Allan made plans to move to California, what was Diane's fear?
2. Diane's photographs were carefully ________ by the estate.
3. Whom was Diane photographing at the fundraiser?
4. What did Diane experience in her work during her life?
5. What opportunity did Diane's risky behavior afford her?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)