|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Diane befriend Moondog?
(a) To exploit him.
(b) To make new friends.
(c) To get a glimpse into his world.
(d) To learn about his past.
2. What side of New York did Esquire want to exhibit?
(a) The celebrity.
(b) The youth.
(c) Both extremes.
(d) The poverty.
3. In the Afterword, Bosworth refers to the 1960's as "_______."
4. What first experience did Diane have from working with Esquire?
(a) Being independent of Israel.
(b) Working without Allan.
(c) Working with other women.
(d) Being paid to photograph.
5. Diane's photographs were carefully ________ by the estate.
6. How many photos did Esquire use of Diane's?
7. Bosworth quotes Diane as saying, "These are things no one would see unless ________."
(a) They lived in New York.
(b) They read magazines.
(c) I photographed them.
(d) The world existed.
8. Diane's specific assignment for the Esquire photo shoot was "_______."
(b) A work day.
(d) Early morning.
9. After her Esquire shoot, how did Diane feel?
10. What control did Israel have over Diane?
(a) He education.
(b) Her love life.
(c) Her public appearances.
(d) Her artistic endeavors.
11. According to Bosworth, why was Diane's work more appealing in the 60's?
(a) Diane was more mature.
(b) Feminism was on the rise.
(c) Publishers were experimenting.
(d) There were fewer photographers.
12. Who became the executrix of Diane's estate?
13. What opportunity did Diane's risky behavior afford her?
(a) A secret life.
(b) A new understanding of human nature.
(c) A new respect for her life.
(d) An insight into dangerous groups.
14. Why did Diane travel to New Jersey and Pennsylvania?
(a) To find a new doctor.
(b) To visit her family.
(c) To go to carnivals.
(d) To take photographs.
15. In Israel's opinion, why did Diane fail in the 50's?
(a) She had no technique.
(b) She was a woman.
(c) Her subject matter was unappealing.
(d) Her mannerisms were unprofessional.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about "retardates" did Diane find appealing?
2. Why were publications unhappy with Diane's photos of celebrities?
3. By the early 1960's, what defined Diane and Allan's relationship?
4. What did Diane experience after death?
5. In 1959, Esquire adopted a ______ approach to art.
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)