|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bosworth quotes Diane as saying, "These are things no one would see unless ________."
(a) I photographed them.
(b) They lived in New York.
(c) They read magazines.
(d) The world existed.
2. While Diane and Allan became more estranged, why did they maintain a relationship?
(a) For appearance.
(b) For tax purposes.
(c) For the money.
(d) For their children.
3. At the fundraiser, Bosworth explained that Diane was doing what she always _______.
4. What control did Israel have over Diane?
(a) Her love life.
(b) Her artistic endeavors.
(c) Her public appearances.
(d) He education.
5. Bosworth explains Diane photographed every social and cultural ________.
6. How did Diane capture emotional responses from her subjects?
(a) Surprising them.
(b) Telling them a sad story.
(c) Watching them with their family.
(d) Engaging them in conversation.
7. What side of New York did Esquire want to exhibit?
(a) Both extremes.
(b) The youth.
(c) The celebrity.
(d) The poverty.
8. For how long would Diane photograph?
(a) Until she ran out of film.
(b) Until the sun came up.
(c) Until her cab arrived.
(d) Until her subject got tired.
9. Diane's genre is called ________ photography.
10. As Allan made plans to move to California, what was Diane's fear?
(a) Failing at photography.
(b) He would leave her for good.
(c) Dying alone.
(d) Her children would leave.
11. Why did Diane befriend Moondog?
(a) To exploit him.
(b) To learn about his past.
(c) To get a glimpse into his world.
(d) To make new friends.
12. As Diane's mental condition worsened, how did people describe her behavior?
13. Diane wanted to capture the "_________" of nudists.
14. Who became the executrix of Diane's estate?
15. How did Diane search out her subjects?
(a) By going to bars.
(b) By riding the subway at night.
(c) By looking at personal adds.
(d) By attending parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Moondog worked as a _______.
2. According to Bosworth in the Afterword, how was Diane like so many other artists?
3. Israel's paintings were described as "_______."
4. What did Diane experience in her work during her life?
5. Diane's method of photography earned her the title of the "first _______."
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)