|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diane wanted to capture the "_________" of nudists.
2. Allan and Diane maintained their business relationship, but what was gone?
3. According to Bosworth, why was Diane's work more appealing in the 60's?
(a) Diane was more mature.
(b) Publishers were experimenting.
(c) There were fewer photographers.
(d) Feminism was on the rise.
4. After her Esquire shoot, how did Diane feel?
5. Whom was Diane photographing at the fundraiser?
(a) Algernon Black.
(b) Lisette Model.
(c) Abby Hoffman.
(d) Marvin israel.
6. Other than the United States, where was Diane's work exhibited after her death?
7. Diane's work is considered a thorough study of what?
(a) Family ties.
(b) The times.
(d) Her life.
8. According to Diane, what was the only true way to capture one's true nature?
(a) By letting them choose the location.
(b) By photographing them without makeup.
(c) By evoking an emotional response.
(d) By posing them in a nice outfit.
9. By the early 1960's, what defined Diane and Allan's relationship?
10. How did Allan feel about the development of his acting career?
(a) He hated it.
(b) He felt like a failure.
(c) He loved it.
(d) He had high hopes.
11. What word does Bosworth use to describe the reaction to Diane's show at the Museum of Modern Art?
12. What did Diane experience in her work during her life?
13. How was Allan's acting career developing?
(a) He was getting small movie roles.
(b) He was only wanted as a model.
(c) He wasn't finding work.
(d) He was starring in off-Broadway plays.
14. After photographing her dead grandfather, she said, "I didn't really ______ him."
15. Why did Diane befriend Moondog?
(a) To make new friends.
(b) To exploit him.
(c) To get a glimpse into his world.
(d) To learn about his past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about "retardates" did Diane find appealing?
2. How did people react to Diane's work after her death?
3. As Diane became more immersed in photography, what was her strongest desire?
4. What first experience did Diane have from working with Esquire?
5. What opportunity did Diane's risky behavior afford her?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)