|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Arbus family release Diane's work over time?
(a) They didn't have the money for exhibitions.
(b) To honor her birthday every year.
(c) To maintain its value.
(d) They didn't have the time to exhibit.
2. What side of New York did Esquire want to exhibit?
(a) The poverty.
(b) The celebrity.
(c) Both extremes.
(d) The youth.
3. How did Allan feel about the development of his acting career?
(a) He loved it.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He felt like a failure.
(d) He had high hopes.
4. What opportunity did Diane's risky behavior afford her?
(a) A new understanding of human nature.
(b) An insight into dangerous groups.
(c) A secret life.
(d) A new respect for her life.
5. Marvin Israel was Diane's mentor and _______.
6. Why did Diane give away her photos before she died?
(a) It was a cry for help.
(b) She wanted to help her friends.
(c) She wanted to destroy her work.
(d) She felt they were worthless.
7. Where at the fundraiser did Bosworth encounter Diane?
(a) On the roof.
(b) In the hall.
(c) In the restroom.
(d) In the kitchen.
8. As Diane became more immersed in photography, what was her strongest desire?
(a) Selling her work.
(b) Shocking people.
(c) Photographing celebrities.
(d) Learning to paint.
9. While Diane and Allan became more estranged, why did they maintain a relationship?
(a) For their children.
(b) For tax purposes.
(c) For the money.
(d) For appearance.
10. What did Diane experience in her work during her life?
11. Why were the recipients of Diane's gifts considered "lucky"?
(a) They had something to boast about.
(b) They didn't meet Diane's same fate.
(c) They were clearly loved by Diane.
(d) They owned priceless works of art.
12. What control did Israel have over Diane?
(a) Her love life.
(b) Her artistic endeavors.
(c) Her public appearances.
(d) He education.
13. Other than the United States, where was Diane's work exhibited after her death?
14. Israel and his wife are described as an _____ couple.
15. Diane's genre is called ________ photography.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were publications unhappy with Diane's photos of celebrities?
2. What interests did Israel and Diane have in common?
3. Other than subject matter, what did Diane alter in photography?
4. What defined Diane's attitude toward her art when Bosworth saw her at the fundraiser?
5. What word does Bosworth use to describe Arbus' role in her field?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)