|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Allan feel about the development of his acting career?
(a) He felt like a failure.
(b) He had high hopes.
(c) He hated it.
(d) He loved it.
2. Why was Diane different than other artists?
(a) She cheated on her husband.
(b) She revolutionized her genre.
(c) She was famous.
(d) She lived with other artists.
3. For what project did Diane collaborate with Richard Avedon?
(a) An American portrait.
(b) A fashion layout.
(c) A celebrity expose.
(d) Her family photo.
4. What word does Bosworth use to describe Arbus' role in her field?
(a) Poster child.
5. Bosworth quotes Diane as saying, "These are things no one would see unless ________."
(a) They lived in New York.
(b) I photographed them.
(c) They read magazines.
(d) The world existed.
6. Bosworth explains Diane photographed every social and cultural ________.
7. Why did Diane give away her photos before she died?
(a) She wanted to destroy her work.
(b) It was a cry for help.
(c) She wanted to help her friends.
(d) She felt they were worthless.
8. As Allan made plans to move to California, what was Diane's fear?
(a) Dying alone.
(b) He would leave her for good.
(c) Her children would leave.
(d) Failing at photography.
9. Why did the Arbus family release Diane's work over time?
(a) They didn't have the money for exhibitions.
(b) To honor her birthday every year.
(c) They didn't have the time to exhibit.
(d) To maintain its value.
10. Diane's method of photography earned her the title of the "first _______."
11. Allan and Diane maintained their business relationship, but what was gone?
12. Why did Diane travel to New Jersey and Pennsylvania?
(a) To visit her family.
(b) To take photographs.
(c) To go to carnivals.
(d) To find a new doctor.
13. Where at the fundraiser did Bosworth encounter Diane?
(a) In the hall.
(b) On the roof.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the restroom.
14. Before teaching at parsons, what magazine did Israel edit?
(c) The Atlantic.
15. What side of New York did Esquire want to exhibit?
(a) The celebrity.
(b) The poverty.
(c) The youth.
(d) Both extremes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Diane search out her subjects?
2. What did Diane experience in her work during her life?
3. Why were the recipients of Diane's gifts considered "lucky"?
4. In the Afterword, Bosworth refers to the 1960's as "_______."
5. As Diane's mental condition worsened, how did people describe her behavior?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)