|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before teaching at parsons, what magazine did Israel edit?
(c) The Atlantic.
2. What side of New York did Esquire want to exhibit?
(a) The youth.
(b) Both extremes.
(c) The celebrity.
(d) The poverty.
3. How did Allan feel about the development of his acting career?
(a) He had high hopes.
(b) He felt like a failure.
(c) He hated it.
(d) He loved it.
4. What increased Diane's sense of urgency in succeeding in photography?
(a) Art was dominated by men.
(b) The world changed so rapidly.
(c) It was a dying art.
(d) She wanted to be more successful than Allan.
5. According to Bosworth in the Afterword, how was Diane like so many other artists?
(a) She never made any money.
(b) She had a family.
(c) She died young.
(d) She experienced fame after death.
6. Israel's paintings were described as "_______."
7. What fundraiser were Diane and Bosworth attending in 1970?
(a) The Chicago Seven Defense.
(b) The Race for the Cure.
(c) The Salvation Army.
(d) The War Relief.
8. Allan and Diane maintained their business relationship, but what was gone?
9. At the fundraiser, Bosworth explained that Diane was doing what she always _______.
10. What void was Diane trying to fill through risky behavior?
(a) Her drug withdrawal.
(b) Her lack of inspiration.
(c) Her daughter's absence.
(d) Allan's absence.
11. According to Model, how did people receive Diane's incessant stories?
(a) They were curious.
(b) They accepted them as fiction.
(c) They were enamored.
(d) They accepted them as factual.
12. Bosworth explains Diane photographed every social and cultural ________.
13. Why did Diane travel to New Jersey and Pennsylvania?
(a) To go to carnivals.
(b) To take photographs.
(c) To find a new doctor.
(d) To visit her family.
14. What word does Bosworth use to describe Arbus' role in her field?
(d) Poster child.
15. How many photos did Esquire use of Diane's?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom was Diane photographing at the fundraiser?
2. What first experience did Diane have from working with Esquire?
3. Diane wanted to capture the "_________" of nudists.
4. Photographers of the 30's were described as "_______" recorders.
5. For how long would Diane photograph?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)