|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diane's photographs were carefully ________ by the estate.
2. According to Bosworth in the Afterword, how was Diane like so many other artists?
(a) She died young.
(b) She had a family.
(c) She experienced fame after death.
(d) She never made any money.
3. Other than subject matter, what did Diane alter in photography?
4. Israel's paintings were described as "_______."
5. After her Esquire shoot, how did Diane feel?
6. While Diane and Allan became more estranged, why did they maintain a relationship?
(a) For their children.
(b) For appearance.
(c) For tax purposes.
(d) For the money.
7. What word does Bosworth use to describe Arbus' role in her field?
(a) Poster child.
8. Why did Diane give away her photos before she died?
(a) She wanted to destroy her work.
(b) It was a cry for help.
(c) She felt they were worthless.
(d) She wanted to help her friends.
9. Diane's genre is called ________ photography.
10. In Israel's opinion, why did Diane fail in the 50's?
(a) Her subject matter was unappealing.
(b) She had no technique.
(c) Her mannerisms were unprofessional.
(d) She was a woman.
11. Why were publications unhappy with Diane's photos of celebrities?
(a) Her shots were unflattering.
(b) She picked lesser known people.
(c) She photographed celebrity look-alikes.
(d) She made them likable.
12. What increased Diane's sense of urgency in succeeding in photography?
(a) Art was dominated by men.
(b) The world changed so rapidly.
(c) It was a dying art.
(d) She wanted to be more successful than Allan.
13. At the fundraiser, Bosworth explained that Diane was doing what she always _______.
14. Why were the recipients of Diane's gifts considered "lucky"?
(a) They were clearly loved by Diane.
(b) They had something to boast about.
(c) They didn't meet Diane's same fate.
(d) They owned priceless works of art.
15. For what project did Diane collaborate with Richard Avedon?
(a) Her family photo.
(b) An American portrait.
(c) A celebrity expose.
(d) A fashion layout.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Allan's acting career developing?
2. What fundraiser were Diane and Bosworth attending in 1970?
3. According to Diane, what was the only true way to capture one's true nature?
4. What control did Israel have over Diane?
5. Why did the Arbus family release Diane's work over time?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)