|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Israel's opinion, why did Diane fail in the 50's?
(a) She had no technique.
(b) Her subject matter was unappealing.
(c) Her mannerisms were unprofessional.
(d) She was a woman.
2. Allan and Diane maintained their business relationship, but what was gone?
3. How did Diane search out her subjects?
(a) By looking at personal adds.
(b) By attending parties.
(c) By going to bars.
(d) By riding the subway at night.
4. Why did Diane travel to New Jersey and Pennsylvania?
(a) To visit her family.
(b) To go to carnivals.
(c) To take photographs.
(d) To find a new doctor.
5. How did Allan feel about the development of his acting career?
(a) He had high hopes.
(b) He felt like a failure.
(c) He hated it.
(d) He loved it.
6. How many photos did Esquire use of Diane's?
7. Bosworth explains Diane photographed every social and cultural ________.
8. What defined Diane's attitude toward her art when Bosworth saw her at the fundraiser?
(a) She was self-deprecating.
(b) She was pleased.
(c) She was indifferent.
(d) She had a strong ego about it.
9. At the fundraiser, Bosworth explained that Diane was doing what she always _______.
10. How did people react to Diane's work after her death?
(a) They were disgusted.
(b) They were ambivalent.
(c) They were enamored.
(d) They were displeased.
11. As Allan made plans to move to California, what was Diane's fear?
(a) He would leave her for good.
(b) Her children would leave.
(c) Failing at photography.
(d) Dying alone.
12. Because of Israel's role in her life, what choice did she have to make?
(a) To sacrifice photography.
(b) To sacrifice school.
(c) To sacrifice her friends.
(d) To sacrifice her marriage.
13. According to Bosworth in the Afterword, how was Diane like so many other artists?
(a) She had a family.
(b) She experienced fame after death.
(c) She never made any money.
(d) She died young.
14. Diane wanted to capture the "_________" of nudists.
15. What word does Bosworth use to describe Arbus' role in her field?
(c) Poster child.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Diane and Allan give the illusion of still being together?
2. Why were publications unhappy with Diane's photos of celebrities?
3. For how long would Diane photograph?
4. Diane's method of photography earned her the title of the "first _______."
5. In the Afterword, Bosworth refers to the 1960's as "_______."
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)