|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Diane befriend Moondog?
(a) To get a glimpse into his world.
(b) To learn about his past.
(c) To exploit him.
(d) To make new friends.
2. Diane's photographs were carefully ________ by the estate.
3. What about "retardates" did Diane find appealing?
(a) Their playfulness.
(b) Their rarity.
(c) Their naivety.
(d) Their innocence.
4. According to Model, how did people receive Diane's incessant stories?
(a) They accepted them as factual.
(b) They were curious.
(c) They were enamored.
(d) They accepted them as fiction.
5. What word does Bosworth use to describe the reaction to Diane's show at the Museum of Modern Art?
6. Allan and Diane maintained their business relationship, but what was gone?
7. Other than subject matter, what did Diane alter in photography?
8. Diane's method of photography earned her the title of the "first _______."
9. Why did Diane travel to New Jersey and Pennsylvania?
(a) To find a new doctor.
(b) To take photographs.
(c) To go to carnivals.
(d) To visit her family.
10. How many photos did Esquire use of Diane's?
11. As Diane became more immersed in photography, what was her strongest desire?
(a) Shocking people.
(b) Photographing celebrities.
(c) Selling her work.
(d) Learning to paint.
12. Diane's specific assignment for the Esquire photo shoot was "_______."
(c) A work day.
(d) Early morning.
13. What did Diane experience after death?
14. Other than the United States, where was Diane's work exhibited after her death?
15. What opportunity did Diane's risky behavior afford her?
(a) An insight into dangerous groups.
(b) A new understanding of human nature.
(c) A secret life.
(d) A new respect for her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Diane's work is considered a thorough study of what?
2. How did Diane search out her subjects?
3. After her Esquire shoot, how did Diane feel?
4. According to Bosworth in the Afterword, how was Diane like so many other artists?
5. How did Diane capture emotional responses from her subjects?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)