|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Diane became more immersed in photography, what was her strongest desire?
(a) Learning to paint.
(b) Photographing celebrities.
(c) Shocking people.
(d) Selling her work.
2. How many photos did Esquire use of Diane's?
3. How did Diane capture emotional responses from her subjects?
(a) Engaging them in conversation.
(b) Watching them with their family.
(c) Surprising them.
(d) Telling them a sad story.
4. Bosworth quotes Diane as saying, "These are things no one would see unless ________."
(a) The world existed.
(b) They read magazines.
(c) They lived in New York.
(d) I photographed them.
5. Marvin Israel was Diane's mentor and _______.
6. Why did Diane travel to New Jersey and Pennsylvania?
(a) To take photographs.
(b) To go to carnivals.
(c) To find a new doctor.
(d) To visit her family.
7. What control did Israel have over Diane?
(a) Her public appearances.
(b) He education.
(c) Her artistic endeavors.
(d) Her love life.
8. How did Diane search out her subjects?
(a) By riding the subway at night.
(b) By looking at personal adds.
(c) By going to bars.
(d) By attending parties.
9. After her Esquire shoot, how did Diane feel?
10. Why did the Arbus family release Diane's work over time?
(a) To honor her birthday every year.
(b) They didn't have the money for exhibitions.
(c) They didn't have the time to exhibit.
(d) To maintain its value.
11. Where at the fundraiser did Bosworth encounter Diane?
(a) In the restroom.
(b) In the hall.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) On the roof.
12. What void was Diane trying to fill through risky behavior?
(a) Allan's absence.
(b) Her drug withdrawal.
(c) Her daughter's absence.
(d) Her lack of inspiration.
13. Israel's paintings were described as "_______."
14. What first experience did Diane have from working with Esquire?
(a) Working without Allan.
(b) Working with other women.
(c) Being independent of Israel.
(d) Being paid to photograph.
15. As Allan made plans to move to California, what was Diane's fear?
(a) Her children would leave.
(b) Dying alone.
(c) Failing at photography.
(d) He would leave her for good.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bosworth, why was Diane's work more appealing in the 60's?
2. Allan and Diane maintained their business relationship, but what was gone?
3. How did Diane and Allan give the illusion of still being together?
4. Israel and his wife are described as an _____ couple.
5. What did Diane experience after death?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)