|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what project did Diane collaborate with Richard Avedon?
(a) A celebrity expose.
(b) A fashion layout.
(c) An American portrait.
(d) Her family photo.
2. As Allan made plans to move to California, what was Diane's fear?
(a) He would leave her for good.
(b) Failing at photography.
(c) Dying alone.
(d) Her children would leave.
3. Why did Diane give away her photos before she died?
(a) She felt they were worthless.
(b) She wanted to help her friends.
(c) She wanted to destroy her work.
(d) It was a cry for help.
4. At the fundraiser, Bosworth explained that Diane was doing what she always _______.
5. Where at the fundraiser did Bosworth encounter Diane?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the restroom.
(c) On the roof.
(d) In the hall.
6. Diane wanted to capture the "_________" of nudists.
7. Other than subject matter, what did Diane alter in photography?
8. While Diane and Allan became more estranged, why did they maintain a relationship?
(a) For the money.
(b) For their children.
(c) For tax purposes.
(d) For appearance.
9. What control did Israel have over Diane?
(a) Her love life.
(b) Her public appearances.
(c) Her artistic endeavors.
(d) He education.
10. How did Diane and Allan give the illusion of still being together?
(a) By entertaining together.
(b) By sharing an apartment.
(c) By going on public dates.
(d) By having family photos.
11. How did Allan feel about the development of his acting career?
(a) He felt like a failure.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He loved it.
(d) He had high hopes.
12. As Diane became more immersed in photography, what was her strongest desire?
(a) Selling her work.
(b) Shocking people.
(c) Photographing celebrities.
(d) Learning to paint.
13. Who became the executrix of Diane's estate?
14. Marvin Israel was Diane's mentor and _______.
15. What defined Diane's attitude toward her art when Bosworth saw her at the fundraiser?
(a) She was indifferent.
(b) She was pleased.
(c) She had a strong ego about it.
(d) She was self-deprecating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Diane's photographs were carefully ________ by the estate.
2. Why were publications unhappy with Diane's photos of celebrities?
3. Other than the United States, where was Diane's work exhibited after her death?
4. Diane's exhibit after her death was titled "Diane Arbus ________."
5. What first experience did Diane have from working with Esquire?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)