|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Diane matured into her teens, what did she develop?
(a) An imaginary life.
(c) An angry streak.
(d) Strange habits.
2. What about Cheech did Allan resent?
(a) Her homeless boyfriend.
(b) Her immature attitude.
(c) Her influence on Diane.
(d) Her loud parties.
3. How did David and his brothers pay their rent?
(a) Washing cars.
(b) Cleaning houses.
(c) Shining shoes.
(d) Selling postcards.
4. Diane and her friends were all raised like Jewish ______.
5. Howard envied Diane and Howard for ___________.
(a) The admiration of his parents.
(b) They intelligent children.
(c) Their success and wealth.
(d) Their happy marriage.
6. Why did Howard work at Russek's?
(a) He wanted to look good for a girl.
(b) He wanted to earn money for college.
(c) His parents wanted him to manage it one day.
(d) He loved being around fur.
7. What did Diane, Allan, and their new group of artist friends have in common?
(a) Their profound intellect.
(b) Their success.
(c) Their wealth.
(d) Their weak marriages.
8. Why did Diane and Allan decide to separate their professional lives?
(a) Diane cheated on him again.
(b) Diane sued Allan.
(c) Diane destroyed the studio.
(d) Diane had a breakdown.
9. Diane and Howard were "spoiled and _____" by their parents.
10. David and Gertrude realized their children would be drawn to _______ pursuits in their career.
11. Diane wanted to escape the _______ of commercial photography.
12. Why did Diane continue to work at Russek's?
(a) To see Allan.
(b) She had no other job.
(c) To earn money.
(d) Her parents forced her.
13. What were Diane and Howard not comfortable with as children?
14. Unlike other girls, Diane wasn't ashamed of her _______.
15. How did Diane experience the "real world"?
(a) Joining a gang.
(b) Riding the subway at night.
(c) Reading everything.
(d) Working on Wall Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Diane develop depression when first marrying Allan?
2. When Frank Russek arrived in America, with whom did he live?
3. Bosworth explains the Arbuses complemented each other because Allan was ________.
4. Where did Allan and Diane's fashion photography business start?
5. What made Diane jealous about Alex's and Jane's marriage?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)