|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Diane meet Cheech McKenzie?
(a) She was her neighbor.
(b) She interviewed to be a model.
(c) She worked for Glamour.
(d) She saw her in a Broadway show.
2. Why did Howard become depressed?
(a) He lost all his money.
(b) His parents died.
(c) His wife left him.
(d) He was failing at writing.
3. Diane wanted to escape the _______ of commercial photography.
4. How did Diane respond to the birth of her first child?
(a) She wanted another.
(b) She became depressed.
(c) She ignored her.
(d) She lavished her with attention.
5. How was "deed, not creed" integrated into Diane's life?
(a) Through her parents.
(b) Through her brother.
(c) Through her books.
(d) Through her school.
6. How did David expand Russek's?
(a) By adding a shoe department.
(b) By adding a women's clothing line.
(c) By hiring beautiful saleswomen.
(d) By opening another store.
7. Unlike other girls, Diane wasn't ashamed of her _______.
8. After the affair, how did Diane feel?
9. How did Allan fund his family's trip to Europe?
(a) His inheritance.
(b) Diane's parents paid.
(c) His savings.
(d) A Vogue photo shoot.
10. How did Diane's father make their home difficult?
(a) He neglected the children.
(b) He was abusive to his wife.
(c) He was always drunk.
(d) He had many affairs.
11. Why did Diane develop depression when first marrying Allan?
(a) She had a miscarriage.
(b) She missed her family.
(c) She had to abandon art.
(d) He cheated on her.
12. What made Diane jealous about Alex's and Jane's marriage?
(a) Alex was successful.
(b) Alex was devoted to Jane.
(c) Jane was talented.
(d) Jane had many children.
13. Why wasn't Diane able to achieve her goals so easily?
(a) She was afraid of displeasing Allan.
(b) The family needed money.
(c) Allan wouldn't let her.
(d) She didn't have any inspiration.
14. Diane was aware that by marrying Allan she would be giving up ______.
(d) Her family.
15. What did Diane do about her depression when people began to notice?
(a) She publicized it.
(b) She sought help.
(c) She took medication.
(d) She hid it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Russeks earn enough money to start a fur shop?
2. Allan Arbus was the son of ______ immigrants.
3. How did David and his brothers pay their rent?
4. Lisette Model was famous for photographing human "_______."
5. From where did the Nemerov family immigrate?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)