|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Howard work at Russek's?
(a) His parents wanted him to manage it one day.
(b) He loved being around fur.
(c) He wanted to earn money for college.
(d) He wanted to look good for a girl.
2. Diane was aware that by marrying Allan she would be giving up ______.
(c) Her family.
3. While being married to Allan, how did Diane receive Alex's comments to her?
(a) She avoided them.
(b) She relished them.
(c) She remained aloof to them.
(d) She loathed them.
4. Despite her artistic talents, where did Cheech live?
(a) The Arbus' guest room.
(b) A hotel.
(c) Her parents' house.
(d) In an abandoned house.
5. Why did Diane's father send her to art school one summer in Massachusetts?
(a) To nurture her talent.
(b) To show her the world.
(c) To help her get a scholarship.
(d) To keep her away from Allan.
6. Where did Allan and Diane's fashion photography business start?
(a) A warehouse in Brooklyn.
(b) At Parsons.
(c) In Diane's basement.
7. When did Russek's begin its decline?
(a) At the start of the war.
(b) During the depression.
(c) When a chain store opened.
(d) After Howard quit.
8. How did Jane respond to Alex's relationship with the Arbuses?
(a) She wasn't interested.
(b) She was thrilled.
(c) She despised them.
(d) She was curious.
9. Diane and Howard were "spoiled and _____" by their parents.
10. The Arbus and Eliot family are described as being ________.
11. After the war, what profession did Howard pursue?
12. Why did Anne and Alex divorce?
(a) Alex lost all his money.
(b) She fell in love with Allan.
(c) Alex's infidelity.
(d) Anne's drinking.
13. What were Diane and Howard not comfortable with as children?
14. After the affair, how did Alex feel?
15. What impact did Alex have on Diane's faithfulness to Allan?
(a) He cause the failure of their marraige.
(c) He caused their temporary breakup.
(d) He made Diane love Allan more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard envied Diane and Howard for ___________.
2. How did Diane's father make their home difficult?
3. How did Allan respond to Diane's infidelity?
4. How did Anne respond to Alex's infidelity?
5. When Frank Russek arrived in America, with whom did he live?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)