|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What publication gave the Arbus' photography business its break?
(a) National Geographic.
(b) Esquire Magazine.
(c) Glamour Magazine.
2. What effect did Diane's risky behavior have on her work?
(a) It distracted her.
(b) It inhibited her.
(c) It replaced her work.
(d) It inspired her.
3. How did Allan begin to mingle with younger people?
(a) At night class.
(b) At acting classes.
(c) At parties.
(d) At bars and clubs.
4. What risky behavior did Diane engage in with her new artist friends?
(a) Dog fighting.
5. David is described as being consumed by ______.
6. When did Russek's begin its decline?
(a) When a chain store opened.
(b) After Howard quit.
(c) During the depression.
(d) At the start of the war.
7. How was "deed, not creed" integrated into Diane's life?
(a) Through her school.
(b) Through her brother.
(c) Through her books.
(d) Through her parents.
8. Since they were involved in Russek's, what kind of life were David and Gertrude able to lead?
(a) A frugal lifestyle.
(b) A reckless lifestyle.
(c) A luxurious lifestyle.
(d) A modern lifestyle.
9. Why did Diane develop depression when first marrying Allan?
(a) He cheated on her.
(b) She missed her family.
(c) She had a miscarriage.
(d) She had to abandon art.
10. Algernon Black was Diane's philosophy of ______ teacher.
11. What were Cheech's and Diane's shared pastime?
(d) People watching.
12. According to Bosworth, why did Cheech most adore Diane?
(a) Diane was a free spirit.
(b) She never expected anything of her.
(c) Diane never criticized her.
(d) Diane was her muse.
13. Diane wanted to escape the _______ of commercial photography.
14. Diane and her friends were all raised like Jewish ______.
15. After taking classes from Model, what was Diane determined to photograph?
(d) The forbidden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did the "call girl scandal" have on the Russek's family?
2. Why did Diane and Allan decide to separate their professional lives?
3. How was Diane's work received when she first submitted her portfolio?
4. Diane was ________ through her senior year.
5. While being married to Allan, how did Diane receive Alex's comments to her?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)