Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1958, what was Diane and Allan's marriage like?
(a) They lived separate lives.
(b) They were very close.
(c) They were the same as always.
(d) They were like brother and sister.
2. What were Cheech's and Diane's shared pastime?
(d) People watching.
3. Why did Howard work at Russek's?
(a) His parents wanted him to manage it one day.
(b) He wanted to earn money for college.
(c) He loved being around fur.
(d) He wanted to look good for a girl.
4. How did Diane experience the "real world"?
(a) Riding the subway at night.
(b) Reading everything.
(c) Working on Wall Street.
(d) Joining a gang.
5. Despite her artistic talents, where did Cheech live?
(a) A hotel.
(b) The Arbus' guest room.
(c) Her parents' house.
(d) In an abandoned house.
6. Why did Allan continue to photograph?
(a) Because he was good at it.
(b) Because he loved it.
(c) For the money.
(d) So he could meet women.
7. According to Bosworth, why did Cheech most adore Diane?
(a) Diane was her muse.
(b) Diane was a free spirit.
(c) Diane never criticized her.
(d) She never expected anything of her.
8. What effect did Diane's risky behavior have on her work?
(a) It inhibited her.
(b) It distracted her.
(c) It replaced her work.
(d) It inspired her.
9. Why were Howard's parents displeased with his new British wife?
(a) She was a socialist.
(b) She was arrogant.
(c) She was poor.
(d) She was a gentile.
10. How did Allan fund his family's trip to Europe?
(a) His inheritance.
(b) Diane's parents paid.
(c) A Vogue photo shoot.
(d) His savings.
11. While in Europe, Diane discovered the _______ sides of cities.
12. Unlike other girls, Diane wasn't ashamed of her _______.
13. The Arbus and Eliot family are described as being ________.
14. From where did the Russek family immigrate?
15. Why did Diane continue to work at Russek's?
(a) Her parents forced her.
(b) To earn money.
(c) To see Allan.
(d) She had no other job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Allan begin to mingle with younger people?
2. What traditional philosophy was Diane's and Howard's relationship with their parents founded on?
3. Algernon Black was Diane's philosophy of ______ teacher.
4. How did Jane respond to Alex's relationship with the Arbuses?
5. Since they were involved in Russek's, what kind of life were David and Gertrude able to lead?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)