|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through her classes with Black, how did Diane perceive her life?
(a) It was infinite.
(b) It was perfect.
(c) It was too privileged.
(d) It was too sanitary.
2. Diane was ________ through her senior year.
3. Diane wanted to escape the _______ of commercial photography.
4. What were Diane and Howard not comfortable with as children?
5. How did the Russeks earn enough money to start a fur shop?
(a) By being bookies.
(b) By robbing banks.
(c) By working in restaurants.
(d) By selling all their clothes.
6. While in Europe, Diane discovered the _______ sides of cities.
7. How did Diane experience the "real world"?
(a) Working on Wall Street.
(b) Riding the subway at night.
(c) Joining a gang.
(d) Reading everything.
8. Why did Howard become depressed?
(a) His wife left him.
(b) His parents died.
(c) He was failing at writing.
(d) He lost all his money.
9. What risky behavior did Diane engage in with her new artist friends?
(d) Dog fighting.
10. Allan Arbus was the son of ______ immigrants.
11. Why did Diane and Allan decide to separate their professional lives?
(a) Diane sued Allan.
(b) Diane had a breakdown.
(c) Diane destroyed the studio.
(d) Diane cheated on him again.
12. What did Diane do about her depression when people began to notice?
(a) She publicized it.
(b) She hid it.
(c) She took medication.
(d) She sought help.
13. Why did Diane develop depression when first marrying Allan?
(a) She missed her family.
(b) He cheated on her.
(c) She had to abandon art.
(d) She had a miscarriage.
14. What about Cheech did Allan resent?
(a) Her homeless boyfriend.
(b) Her immature attitude.
(c) Her influence on Diane.
(d) Her loud parties.
15. After the affair, how did Alex feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Howard's wife a good business tool for attracting wealthy clients?
2. What traditional philosophy was Diane's and Howard's relationship with their parents founded on?
3. From where did the Russek family immigrate?
4. How did Model show Diane how to "see" photography?
5. From where did the Nemerov family immigrate?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)