|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What publication gave the Arbus' photography business its break?
(a) National Geographic.
(b) Esquire Magazine.
(c) Glamour Magazine.
2. While in Europe, Diane discovered the _______ sides of cities.
3. Why did Howard work at Russek's?
(a) He wanted to look good for a girl.
(b) He wanted to earn money for college.
(c) His parents wanted him to manage it one day.
(d) He loved being around fur.
4. Diane is described as being popular, outgoing, and _______.
5. Diane wanted to escape the _______ of commercial photography.
6. Lisette Model was famous for photographing human "_______."
7. After years of fashion photography, how did Allan feel about his career?
(a) He was irritated by it.
(b) He felt like a failure.
(c) He hated it.
(d) He still loved it.
8. What did Diane do about her depression when people began to notice?
(a) She hid it.
(b) She sought help.
(c) She took medication.
(d) She publicized it.
9. Unlike other girls, Diane wasn't ashamed of her _______.
10. Why did Diane develop depression when first marrying Allan?
(a) He cheated on her.
(b) She had a miscarriage.
(c) She had to abandon art.
(d) She missed her family.
11. Why did Russeks go out of business?
(a) David was spending recklessly.
(b) They were robbed.
(c) A competitor opened next door.
(d) People wanted a more casual lifestyle.
12. Since they were involved in Russek's, what kind of life were David and Gertrude able to lead?
(a) A reckless lifestyle.
(b) A frugal lifestyle.
(c) A luxurious lifestyle.
(d) A modern lifestyle.
13. David is described as being consumed by ______.
14. According to Bosworth, why did Cheech most adore Diane?
(a) Diane was her muse.
(b) She never expected anything of her.
(c) Diane never criticized her.
(d) Diane was a free spirit.
15. Why were Howard's parents displeased with his new British wife?
(a) She was arrogant.
(b) She was a socialist.
(c) She was a gentile.
(d) She was poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did David expand Russek's?
2. Why did Diane and Allan decide to separate their professional lives?
3. Whom did Diane sketch in her art classes at school?
4. Bosworth explains the Arbuses complemented each other because Allan was ________.
5. How was Diane's work received when she first submitted her portfolio?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)