|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Algernon Black was Diane's philosophy of ______ teacher.
2. By 1958, what was Diane and Allan's marriage like?
(a) They were very close.
(b) They were like brother and sister.
(c) They lived separate lives.
(d) They were the same as always.
3. Towards the late 50's, Diane felt like she was at a _________ phase in her life.
4. After the war, what profession did Howard pursue?
5. How did Jane respond to Alex's relationship with the Arbuses?
(a) She was thrilled.
(b) She despised them.
(c) She was curious.
(d) She wasn't interested.
6. Diane wanted to escape the _______ of commercial photography.
7. Why did Howard become depressed?
(a) His wife left him.
(b) He was failing at writing.
(c) His parents died.
(d) He lost all his money.
8. Why did Diane and Allan decide to separate their professional lives?
(a) Diane cheated on him again.
(b) Diane destroyed the studio.
(c) Diane sued Allan.
(d) Diane had a breakdown.
9. How does Model explain how she came to be a photographer?
(a) She took a class in college.
(b) It was an accident.
(c) Her father encouraged her.
(d) She got a camera for her birthday.
10. Why were Robert Frank's photos appealing to New Yorkers?
(a) He photographed beautiful people.
(b) He photographed their dream life.
(c) He photographed life unfamiliar to them.
(d) He photographed their familiar lives.
11. Whom did Diane sketch in her art classes at school?
(a) Her brother and her family.
(b) The boys she liked.
(c) The unique people she encountered.
(d) The sceneries from her dreams.
12. What about Cheech did Allan resent?
(a) Her loud parties.
(b) Her homeless boyfriend.
(c) Her immature attitude.
(d) Her influence on Diane.
13. What was Diane's responsibility in the photography business?
(a) Taking the photos.
(b) Developing the film.
(c) Designing the set.
(d) Finding models.
14. Why did Allan continue to photograph?
(a) Because he loved it.
(b) So he could meet women.
(c) For the money.
(d) Because he was good at it.
15. How did Anne respond to Alex's infidelity?
(a) She left him.
(b) She was hysterical.
(c) She understood.
(d) She was a little depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Allan fund his family's trip to Europe?
2. Since they were involved in Russek's, what kind of life were David and Gertrude able to lead?
3. Gertrude is described as being ________.
4. As children, what was the relationship like between Diane and Howard?
5. Bosworth explains the Arbuses complimented each other because Diane was ________.
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)