|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Model and Diane were originally drawn to each other because of their common _______.
2. Eventually, Alex Eliot became editor of _______.
(d) Time Magazine.
3. Why were Robert Frank's photos appealing to New Yorkers?
(a) He photographed their dream life.
(b) He photographed their familiar lives.
(c) He photographed beautiful people.
(d) He photographed life unfamiliar to them.
4. How did Anne respond to Alex's infidelity?
(a) She was hysterical.
(b) She left him.
(c) She understood.
(d) She was a little depressed.
5. What drew Diane to Grosz's work?
(a) His controversy.
(b) His unusual subjects.
(c) His subtext.
(d) His flashy tricks.
6. How did Allan begin to mingle with younger people?
(a) At parties.
(b) At night class.
(c) At acting classes.
(d) At bars and clubs.
7. Diane was aware that by marrying Allan she would be giving up ______.
(d) Her family.
8. What were Cheech's and Diane's shared pastime?
(d) People watching.
9. Diane was _______ in Allan's new social circle of actors.
(c) Not welcome.
10. From where did the Russek family immigrate?
11. When did the affair between Alex and Diane begin?
(a) At the photo studio.
(b) When Allan was out of town.
(c) On Diane's birthday.
(d) On vacation.
12. How did Allan respond to Diane's infidelity?
(a) He temporarily left her.
(b) He scolded her.
(c) He understood.
(d) He was silent.
13. Why did Allan continue to photograph?
(a) So he could meet women.
(b) Because he was good at it.
(c) Because he loved it.
(d) For the money.
14. As Diane matured into her teens, what did she develop?
(a) Strange habits.
(b) An angry streak.
(c) An imaginary life.
15. What made Howard's wife a good business tool for attracting wealthy clients?
(a) Her business experience.
(b) Her stylishness.
(c) Her good looks.
(d) Her British accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did David expand Russek's?
2. How did Diane experience the "real world"?
3. What effect did the "call girl scandal" have on the Russek's family?
4. How did David and his brothers pay their rent?
5. How did Gertrude's family feel about her marrying David?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)