|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Howard's parents displeased with his new British wife?
(a) She was poor.
(b) She was arrogant.
(c) She was a socialist.
(d) She was a gentile.
2. Bosworth explains the Arbuses complemented each other because Allan was ________.
3. Why did Allan continue to photograph?
(a) Because he loved it.
(b) Because he was good at it.
(c) So he could meet women.
(d) For the money.
4. How did David and his brothers pay their rent?
(a) Shining shoes.
(b) Washing cars.
(c) Cleaning houses.
(d) Selling postcards.
5. Since they were involved in Russek's, what kind of life were David and Gertrude able to lead?
(a) A frugal lifestyle.
(b) A modern lifestyle.
(c) A luxurious lifestyle.
(d) A reckless lifestyle.
6. David is described as being consumed by ______.
7. From where did the Nemerov family immigrate?
8. After the affair, how did Diane feel?
9. Gertrude is described as being ________.
10. From where did the Russek family immigrate?
11. Why did Howard work at Russek's?
(a) He loved being around fur.
(b) He wanted to earn money for college.
(c) He wanted to look good for a girl.
(d) His parents wanted him to manage it one day.
12. Why did Howard become depressed?
(a) He was failing at writing.
(b) His wife left him.
(c) His parents died.
(d) He lost all his money.
13. Diane was aware that by marrying Allan she would be giving up ______.
(d) Her family.
14. As Diane matured into her teens, what did she develop?
(a) An imaginary life.
(c) An angry streak.
(d) Strange habits.
15. Why did Diane's father send her to art school one summer in Massachusetts?
(a) To show her the world.
(b) To keep her away from Allan.
(c) To help her get a scholarship.
(d) To nurture her talent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Anne respond to Alex's infidelity?
2. What were Diane and Howard not comfortable with as children?
3. Bosworth explains the Arbuses complimented each other because Diane was ________.
4. Why was Diane jealous of Howard?
5. After years of fashion photography, how did Allan feel about his career?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)