|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What traditional philosophy was Diane's and Howard's relationship with their parents founded on?
(a) Adultery is wrong.
(b) Respect for one's elders.
(c) "Deed, not creed."
(d) Steal from the rich and give to the poor.
2. Why did Howard become depressed?
(a) His parents died.
(b) He was failing at writing.
(c) His wife left him.
(d) He lost all his money.
3. What did Diane do about her depression when people began to notice?
(a) She hid it.
(b) She took medication.
(c) She publicized it.
(d) She sought help.
4. How did Diane's mother make their home difficult?
(a) She suffered from depression.
(b) She drank all the time.
(c) She was violent.
(d) She spent all their money.
5. Through her classes with Black, how did Diane perceive her life?
(a) It was too privileged.
(b) It was infinite.
(c) It was perfect.
(d) It was too sanitary.
6. How did Gertrude's family feel about her marrying David?
(a) They arranged it.
(b) They were indifferent.
(c) They were opposed to it.
(d) They were thrilled.
7. When Frank Russek arrived in America, with whom did he live?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His uncles.
(c) His two brothers.
(d) His four sisters.
8. After the affair, how did Diane feel?
9. What impact did Alex have on Diane's faithfulness to Allan?
(a) He cause the failure of their marraige.
(b) He made Diane love Allan more.
(d) He caused their temporary breakup.
10. Whom did Diane sketch in her art classes at school?
(a) The unique people she encountered.
(b) Her brother and her family.
(c) The boys she liked.
(d) The sceneries from her dreams.
11. What effect did the "call girl scandal" have on the Russek's family?
(a) It damaged their lifestyle.
(b) It put them out of business.
(c) No effect.
(d) It made them famous.
12. Why did Howard work at Russek's?
(a) His parents wanted him to manage it one day.
(b) He wanted to earn money for college.
(c) He loved being around fur.
(d) He wanted to look good for a girl.
13. Lisette Model was famous for photographing human "_______."
14. What did Diane, Allan, and their new group of artist friends have in common?
(a) Their profound intellect.
(b) Their wealth.
(c) Their weak marriages.
(d) Their success.
15. After taking classes from Model, what was Diane determined to photograph?
(b) The forbidden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Howard's parents displeased with his new British wife?
2. How did Diane experience the "real world"?
3. Diane was aware that by marrying Allan she would be giving up ______.
4. Diane pushed the limits of personal photography by photographing whom?
5. Why did Diane's father send her to art school one summer in Massachusetts?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)