|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Diane matured into her teens, what did she develop?
(b) Strange habits.
(c) An imaginary life.
(d) An angry streak.
2. How did Gertrude's family feel about her marrying David?
(a) They arranged it.
(b) They were thrilled.
(c) They were opposed to it.
(d) They were indifferent.
3. How does Model explain how she came to be a photographer?
(a) She got a camera for her birthday.
(b) She took a class in college.
(c) It was an accident.
(d) Her father encouraged her.
4. What impact did Alex have on Diane's faithfulness to Allan?
(a) He cause the failure of their marraige.
(b) He caused their temporary breakup.
(c) He made Diane love Allan more.
5. How did David and his brothers pay their rent?
(a) Shining shoes.
(b) Selling postcards.
(c) Washing cars.
(d) Cleaning houses.
6. Allan Arbus was the son of ______ immigrants.
7. After taking classes from Model, what was Diane determined to photograph?
(b) The forbidden.
8. What were Diane and Howard not comfortable with as children?
9. Bosworth explains the Arbuses complemented each other because Allan was ________.
10. While working at Russek's, what did Allan want to be?
(a) A singer.
(b) An actor.
(c) A photographer.
(d) A painter.
11. While being married to Allan, how did Diane receive Alex's comments to her?
(a) She remained aloof to them.
(b) She avoided them.
(c) She loathed them.
(d) She relished them.
12. What did Diane, Allan, and their new group of artist friends have in common?
(a) Their success.
(b) Their wealth.
(c) Their weak marriages.
(d) Their profound intellect.
13. Diane wanted to escape the _______ of commercial photography.
14. How was "deed, not creed" integrated into Diane's life?
(a) Through her parents.
(b) Through her brother.
(c) Through her school.
(d) Through her books.
15. What publication gave the Arbus' photography business its break?
(a) Esquire Magazine.
(b) National Geographic.
(c) Glamour Magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What risky behavior did Diane engage in with her new artist friends?
2. What about Cheech did Allan resent?
3. How did Diane's mother make their home difficult?
4. Gertrude is described as being ________.
5. According to Bosworth, why did Cheech most adore Diane?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)