|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jane respond to Alex's relationship with the Arbuses?
(a) She wasn't interested.
(b) She was thrilled.
(c) She was curious.
(d) She despised them.
2. Diane and her friends were all raised like Jewish ______.
3. Unlike other girls, Diane wasn't ashamed of her _______.
4. Towards the late 50's, Diane felt like she was at a _________ phase in her life.
5. How did Gertrude's family feel about her marrying David?
(a) They were thrilled.
(b) They arranged it.
(c) They were opposed to it.
(d) They were indifferent.
6. After the affair, how did Diane feel?
7. Why were Robert Frank's photos appealing to New Yorkers?
(a) He photographed beautiful people.
(b) He photographed their familiar lives.
(c) He photographed their dream life.
(d) He photographed life unfamiliar to them.
8. After the war, what profession did Howard pursue?
9. While working at Russek's, what did Allan want to be?
(a) A singer.
(b) An actor.
(c) A photographer.
(d) A painter.
10. What impact did Alex have on Diane's faithfulness to Allan?
(a) He caused their temporary breakup.
(b) He made Diane love Allan more.
(d) He cause the failure of their marraige.
11. Algernon Black was Diane's philosophy of ______ teacher.
12. What drew Diane to Grosz's work?
(a) His flashy tricks.
(b) His subtext.
(c) His controversy.
(d) His unusual subjects.
13. Since they were involved in Russek's, what kind of life were David and Gertrude able to lead?
(a) A luxurious lifestyle.
(b) A frugal lifestyle.
(c) A modern lifestyle.
(d) A reckless lifestyle.
14. How was Diane's work received when she first submitted her portfolio?
(a) People were hesitant.
(b) Everyone hated it.
(c) There was no interest.
(d) Everyone was thrilled.
15. What effect did Diane's risky behavior have on her work?
(a) It inhibited her.
(b) It distracted her.
(c) It inspired her.
(d) It replaced her work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Russeks earn enough money to start a fur shop?
2. David and Gertrude realized their children would be drawn to _______ pursuits in their career.
3. How did Diane meet Cheech McKenzie?
4. What effect did the "call girl scandal" have on the Russek's family?
5. Allan decided to bring his family to Europe for a year because they needed ______.
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)