|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Algernon Black was Diane's philosophy of ______ teacher.
2. How did Allan begin to mingle with younger people?
(a) At bars and clubs.
(b) At night class.
(c) At acting classes.
(d) At parties.
3. Where did Allan and Diane's fashion photography business start?
(a) In Diane's basement.
(b) A warehouse in Brooklyn.
(c) At Parsons.
4. Why did Diane's father send her to art school one summer in Massachusetts?
(a) To nurture her talent.
(b) To keep her away from Allan.
(c) To help her get a scholarship.
(d) To show her the world.
5. Why did Diane continue to work at Russek's?
(a) Her parents forced her.
(b) To earn money.
(c) To see Allan.
(d) She had no other job.
6. Diane and her friends were all raised like Jewish ______.
7. Bosworth explains the Arbuses complemented each other because Allan was ________.
8. How did David expand Russek's?
(a) By adding a women's clothing line.
(b) By hiring beautiful saleswomen.
(c) By adding a shoe department.
(d) By opening another store.
9. After taking classes from Model, what was Diane determined to photograph?
(c) The forbidden.
10. How did the Russeks earn enough money to start a fur shop?
(a) By selling all their clothes.
(b) By being bookies.
(c) By robbing banks.
(d) By working in restaurants.
11. Why did Russeks go out of business?
(a) David was spending recklessly.
(b) A competitor opened next door.
(c) People wanted a more casual lifestyle.
(d) They were robbed.
12. Why did Diane and Allan decide to separate their professional lives?
(a) Diane had a breakdown.
(b) Diane cheated on him again.
(c) Diane sued Allan.
(d) Diane destroyed the studio.
13. The Arbus and Eliot family are described as being ________.
14. When did the affair between Alex and Diane begin?
(a) At the photo studio.
(b) On Diane's birthday.
(c) On vacation.
(d) When Allan was out of town.
15. What were Cheech's and Diane's shared pastime?
(c) People watching.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drew Diane to Grosz's work?
2. What made Diane jealous about Alex's and Jane's marriage?
3. While being married to Allan, how did Diane receive Alex's comments to her?
4. Why wasn't Diane able to achieve her goals so easily?
5. Gertrude is described as being ________.
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)