|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through her classes with Black, how did Diane perceive her life?
(a) It was perfect.
(b) It was too sanitary.
(c) It was infinite.
(d) It was too privileged.
2. Bosworth explains the Arbuses complimented each other because Diane was ________.
3. How did Diane's parents feel about her relationship with Allan?
(a) They were thrilled.
(b) They were indifferent.
(c) They were displeased.
(d) They were concerned for her safety.
4. What did Diane do about her depression when people began to notice?
(a) She sought help.
(b) She hid it.
(c) She publicized it.
(d) She took medication.
5. Since they were involved in Russek's, what kind of life were David and Gertrude able to lead?
(a) A modern lifestyle.
(b) A frugal lifestyle.
(c) A luxurious lifestyle.
(d) A reckless lifestyle.
6. How did David and his brothers pay their rent?
(a) Washing cars.
(b) Cleaning houses.
(c) Selling postcards.
(d) Shining shoes.
7. Allan decided to bring his family to Europe for a year because they needed ______.
(c) A break.
8. Why were Robert Frank's photos appealing to New Yorkers?
(a) He photographed life unfamiliar to them.
(b) He photographed their familiar lives.
(c) He photographed their dream life.
(d) He photographed beautiful people.
9. Whom did Diane sketch in her art classes at school?
(a) Her brother and her family.
(b) The boys she liked.
(c) The sceneries from her dreams.
(d) The unique people she encountered.
10. Algernon Black was Diane's philosophy of ______ teacher.
11. How did Diane's mother make their home difficult?
(a) She drank all the time.
(b) She suffered from depression.
(c) She was violent.
(d) She spent all their money.
12. Why did Allan continue to photograph?
(a) Because he was good at it.
(b) For the money.
(c) Because he loved it.
(d) So he could meet women.
13. David and Gertrude realized their children would be drawn to _______ pursuits in their career.
14. How did Allan respond to Diane's infidelity?
(a) He was silent.
(b) He temporarily left her.
(c) He scolded her.
(d) He understood.
15. How did the Russeks earn enough money to start a fur shop?
(a) By selling all their clothes.
(b) By working in restaurants.
(c) By being bookies.
(d) By robbing banks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the affair between Alex and Diane begin?
2. Why did Russeks go out of business?
3. Why did Diane and Allan decide to separate their professional lives?
4. According to Bosworth, why did Cheech most adore Diane?
5. Why was Diane jealous of Howard?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)