|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After taking classes from Model, what was Diane determined to photograph?
(a) The forbidden.
2. How did Diane meet Cheech McKenzie?
(a) She worked for Glamour.
(b) She was her neighbor.
(c) She interviewed to be a model.
(d) She saw her in a Broadway show.
3. While being married to Allan, how did Diane receive Alex's comments to her?
(a) She avoided them.
(b) She loathed them.
(c) She relished them.
(d) She remained aloof to them.
4. How did Jane respond to Alex's relationship with the Arbuses?
(a) She wasn't interested.
(b) She was thrilled.
(c) She despised them.
(d) She was curious.
5. What publication gave the Arbus' photography business its break?
(a) National Geographic.
(c) Glamour Magazine.
(d) Esquire Magazine.
6. Why did Diane and Allan decide to separate their professional lives?
(a) Diane cheated on him again.
(b) Diane had a breakdown.
(c) Diane sued Allan.
(d) Diane destroyed the studio.
7. When did Russek's begin its decline?
(a) After Howard quit.
(b) When a chain store opened.
(c) At the start of the war.
(d) During the depression.
8. According to Bosworth, why did Cheech most adore Diane?
(a) Diane was a free spirit.
(b) She never expected anything of her.
(c) Diane was her muse.
(d) Diane never criticized her.
9. Algernon Black was Diane's philosophy of ______ teacher.
10. What effect did the "call girl scandal" have on the Russek's family?
(a) It made them famous.
(b) It put them out of business.
(c) It damaged their lifestyle.
(d) No effect.
11. Lisette Model was famous for photographing human "_______."
12. What about Cheech did Allan resent?
(a) Her influence on Diane.
(b) Her immature attitude.
(c) Her loud parties.
(d) Her homeless boyfriend.
13. How did Diane's father make their home difficult?
(a) He was abusive to his wife.
(b) He had many affairs.
(c) He was always drunk.
(d) He neglected the children.
14. Allan Arbus was the son of ______ immigrants.
15. Unlike other girls, Diane wasn't ashamed of her _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through her classes with Black, how did Diane perceive her life?
2. How did Diane experience the "real world"?
3. How does Model explain how she came to be a photographer?
4. Diane was aware that by marrying Allan she would be giving up ______.
5. What risky behavior did Diane engage in with her new artist friends?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)