|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Diane experience the "real world"?
(a) Working on Wall Street.
(b) Joining a gang.
(c) Riding the subway at night.
(d) Reading everything.
2. The Arbus and Eliot family are described as being ________.
3. What publication gave the Arbus' photography business its break?
(a) Glamour Magazine.
(b) National Geographic.
(c) Esquire Magazine.
4. After taking classes from Model, what was Diane determined to photograph?
(b) The forbidden.
5. Why wasn't Diane able to achieve her goals so easily?
(a) Allan wouldn't let her.
(b) The family needed money.
(c) She didn't have any inspiration.
(d) She was afraid of displeasing Allan.
6. Model said: "Photographs that demand admiration have a power to ______."
7. After years of fashion photography, how did Allan feel about his career?
(a) He felt like a failure.
(b) He was irritated by it.
(c) He hated it.
(d) He still loved it.
8. After the war, what profession did Howard pursue?
9. Why did Diane and Allan decide to separate their professional lives?
(a) Diane sued Allan.
(b) Diane had a breakdown.
(c) Diane destroyed the studio.
(d) Diane cheated on him again.
10. What effect did the "call girl scandal" have on the Russek's family?
(a) It damaged their lifestyle.
(b) No effect.
(c) It put them out of business.
(d) It made them famous.
11. Why did Allan continue to photograph?
(a) Because he was good at it.
(b) For the money.
(c) Because he loved it.
(d) So he could meet women.
12. Algernon Black was Diane's philosophy of ______ teacher.
13. Why did Diane's father send her to art school one summer in Massachusetts?
(a) To nurture her talent.
(b) To keep her away from Allan.
(c) To help her get a scholarship.
(d) To show her the world.
14. What risky behavior did Diane engage in with her new artist friends?
(c) Dog fighting.
15. Bosworth explains the Arbuses complemented each other because Allan was ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard envied Diane and Howard for ___________.
2. Despite her artistic talents, where did Cheech live?
3. What about Cheech did Allan resent?
4. How did Model show Diane how to "see" photography?
5. Through her classes with Black, how did Diane perceive her life?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)