|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Diane's responsibility in the photography business?
(a) Taking the photos.
(b) Designing the set.
(c) Finding models.
(d) Developing the film.
2. Diane pushed the limits of personal photography by photographing whom?
(b) Her dead grandmother.
(c) Homeless men.
3. After the war, what profession did Howard pursue?
4. Whom did Diane sketch in her art classes at school?
(a) The boys she liked.
(b) The sceneries from her dreams.
(c) The unique people she encountered.
(d) Her brother and her family.
5. What made Diane jealous about Alex's and Jane's marriage?
(a) Jane was talented.
(b) Jane had many children.
(c) Alex was successful.
(d) Alex was devoted to Jane.
6. By 1958, what was Diane and Allan's marriage like?
(a) They were the same as always.
(b) They were very close.
(c) They lived separate lives.
(d) They were like brother and sister.
7. What traditional philosophy was Diane's and Howard's relationship with their parents founded on?
(a) Steal from the rich and give to the poor.
(b) Respect for one's elders.
(c) "Deed, not creed."
(d) Adultery is wrong.
8. When did the affair between Alex and Diane begin?
(a) On vacation.
(b) When Allan was out of town.
(c) On Diane's birthday.
(d) At the photo studio.
9. What were Cheech's and Diane's shared pastime?
(a) People watching.
10. Why did Diane develop depression when first marrying Allan?
(a) He cheated on her.
(b) She missed her family.
(c) She had a miscarriage.
(d) She had to abandon art.
11. Why were Howard's parents displeased with his new British wife?
(a) She was arrogant.
(b) She was poor.
(c) She was a socialist.
(d) She was a gentile.
12. From where did the Russek family immigrate?
13. How did Diane's mother make their home difficult?
(a) She spent all their money.
(b) She suffered from depression.
(c) She was violent.
(d) She drank all the time.
14. While in Europe, Diane discovered the _______ sides of cities.
15. How does Model explain how she came to be a photographer?
(a) Her father encouraged her.
(b) She got a camera for her birthday.
(c) It was an accident.
(d) She took a class in college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What publication gave the Arbus' photography business its break?
2. Why did Howard work at Russek's?
3. How did Diane meet Cheech McKenzie?
4. How did Jane respond to Alex's relationship with the Arbuses?
5. Lisette Model was famous for photographing human "_______."
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)