|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Allan respond to Diane's infidelity?
(a) He understood.
(b) He temporarily left her.
(c) He scolded her.
(d) He was silent.
2. What were Diane and Howard not comfortable with as children?
3. How was Diane's work received when she first submitted her portfolio?
(a) There was no interest.
(b) Everyone was thrilled.
(c) People were hesitant.
(d) Everyone hated it.
4. Howard envied Diane and Howard for ___________.
(a) Their success and wealth.
(b) The admiration of his parents.
(c) Their happy marriage.
(d) They intelligent children.
5. What was Diane's responsibility in the photography business?
(a) Finding models.
(b) Developing the film.
(c) Taking the photos.
(d) Designing the set.
6. How did Jane respond to Alex's relationship with the Arbuses?
(a) She wasn't interested.
(b) She was curious.
(c) She was thrilled.
(d) She despised them.
7. Since they were involved in Russek's, what kind of life were David and Gertrude able to lead?
(a) A frugal lifestyle.
(b) A reckless lifestyle.
(c) A luxurious lifestyle.
(d) A modern lifestyle.
8. After the affair, how did Alex feel?
9. What about Cheech did Allan resent?
(a) Her homeless boyfriend.
(b) Her loud parties.
(c) Her influence on Diane.
(d) Her immature attitude.
10. What did Diane, Allan, and their new group of artist friends have in common?
(a) Their wealth.
(b) Their profound intellect.
(c) Their weak marriages.
(d) Their success.
11. When Frank Russek arrived in America, with whom did he live?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His two brothers.
(c) His four sisters.
(d) His uncles.
12. Model said: "Photographs that demand admiration have a power to ______."
13. When did Russek's begin its decline?
(a) During the depression.
(b) When a chain store opened.
(c) At the start of the war.
(d) After Howard quit.
14. Why were Robert Frank's photos appealing to New Yorkers?
(a) He photographed life unfamiliar to them.
(b) He photographed their familiar lives.
(c) He photographed beautiful people.
(d) He photographed their dream life.
15. According to Bosworth, why did Cheech most adore Diane?
(a) Diane was her muse.
(b) Diane never criticized her.
(c) She never expected anything of her.
(d) Diane was a free spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. While being married to Allan, how did Diane receive Alex's comments to her?
2. Gertrude is described as being ________.
3. Allan Arbus was the son of ______ immigrants.
4. What made Howard's wife a good business tool for attracting wealthy clients?
5. Why were Howard's parents displeased with his new British wife?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)