|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Diane, Allan, and their new group of artist friends have in common?
(a) Their weak marriages.
(b) Their profound intellect.
(c) Their success.
(d) Their wealth.
2. David and Gertrude realized their children would be drawn to _______ pursuits in their career.
3. Bosworth explains the Arbuses complemented each other because Allan was ________.
4. How did Diane meet Cheech McKenzie?
(a) She interviewed to be a model.
(b) She worked for Glamour.
(c) She was her neighbor.
(d) She saw her in a Broadway show.
5. What publication gave the Arbus' photography business its break?
(a) Esquire Magazine.
(b) Glamour Magazine.
(c) National Geographic.
6. Howard envied Diane and Howard for ___________.
(a) Their success and wealth.
(b) They intelligent children.
(c) Their happy marriage.
(d) The admiration of his parents.
7. As Diane matured into her teens, what did she develop?
(a) Strange habits.
(c) An angry streak.
(d) An imaginary life.
8. Why did Russeks go out of business?
(a) People wanted a more casual lifestyle.
(b) They were robbed.
(c) David was spending recklessly.
(d) A competitor opened next door.
9. How did Diane's mother make their home difficult?
(a) She spent all their money.
(b) She drank all the time.
(c) She suffered from depression.
(d) She was violent.
10. What was Diane's responsibility in the photography business?
(a) Taking the photos.
(b) Developing the film.
(c) Finding models.
(d) Designing the set.
11. Diane was aware that by marrying Allan she would be giving up ______.
(a) Her family.
12. Model said: "Photographs that demand admiration have a power to ______."
13. Despite her artistic talents, where did Cheech live?
(a) A hotel.
(b) In an abandoned house.
(c) The Arbus' guest room.
(d) Her parents' house.
14. After the affair, how did Diane feel?
15. Why did Anne and Alex divorce?
(a) Alex's infidelity.
(b) Anne's drinking.
(c) She fell in love with Allan.
(d) Alex lost all his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in Europe, Diane discovered the _______ sides of cities.
2. Allan decided to bring his family to Europe for a year because they needed ______.
3. While working at Russek's, what did Allan want to be?
4. What about Cheech did Allan resent?
5. When did Russek's begin its decline?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)