|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Allan respond to Diane's infidelity?
(a) He temporarily left her.
(b) He scolded her.
(c) He understood.
(d) He was silent.
2. What was Diane's responsibility in the photography business?
(a) Finding models.
(b) Designing the set.
(c) Taking the photos.
(d) Developing the film.
3. Diane is described as being a _______ housewife.
4. How did David expand Russek's?
(a) By hiring beautiful saleswomen.
(b) By adding a shoe department.
(c) By adding a women's clothing line.
(d) By opening another store.
5. Howard envied Diane and Howard for ___________.
(a) Their success and wealth.
(b) Their happy marriage.
(c) They intelligent children.
(d) The admiration of his parents.
6. Diane was _______ in Allan's new social circle of actors.
(d) Not welcome.
7. How did Allan fund his family's trip to Europe?
(a) His inheritance.
(b) His savings.
(c) Diane's parents paid.
(d) A Vogue photo shoot.
8. From where did the Nemerov family immigrate?
9. Why did Diane develop depression when first marrying Allan?
(a) She missed her family.
(b) He cheated on her.
(c) She had a miscarriage.
(d) She had to abandon art.
10. How did Allan begin to mingle with younger people?
(a) At acting classes.
(b) At parties.
(c) At night class.
(d) At bars and clubs.
11. What did Diane, Allan, and their new group of artist friends have in common?
(a) Their success.
(b) Their wealth.
(c) Their profound intellect.
(d) Their weak marriages.
12. David and Gertrude realized their children would be drawn to _______ pursuits in their career.
13. Despite her artistic talents, where did Cheech live?
(a) In an abandoned house.
(b) A hotel.
(c) The Arbus' guest room.
(d) Her parents' house.
14. How did Gertrude's family feel about her marrying David?
(a) They arranged it.
(b) They were indifferent.
(c) They were thrilled.
(d) They were opposed to it.
15. As Diane matured into her teens, what did she develop?
(a) An imaginary life.
(b) Strange habits.
(d) An angry streak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Diane's father send her to art school one summer in Massachusetts?
2. Why were Robert Frank's photos appealing to New Yorkers?
3. Eventually, Alex Eliot became editor of _______.
4. How was Diane's work received when she first submitted her portfolio?
5. Whom did Diane sketch in her art classes at school?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)