|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afterword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Gertrude's family feel about her marrying David?
(a) They were thrilled.
(b) They arranged it.
(c) They were opposed to it.
(d) They were indifferent.
2. Despite her artistic talents, where did Cheech live?
(a) Her parents' house.
(b) A hotel.
(c) The Arbus' guest room.
(d) In an abandoned house.
3. Why were the recipients of Diane's gifts considered "lucky"?
(a) They were clearly loved by Diane.
(b) They didn't meet Diane's same fate.
(c) They owned priceless works of art.
(d) They had something to boast about.
4. How did people react to Diane's work after her death?
(a) They were displeased.
(b) They were enamored.
(c) They were ambivalent.
(d) They were disgusted.
5. Israel's paintings were described as "_______."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Diane travel to New Jersey and Pennsylvania?
2. What publication gave the Arbus' photography business its break?
3. When did the affair between Alex and Diane begin?
4. Allan Arbus was the son of ______ immigrants.
5. Why did Diane befriend Moondog?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)