|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1958, what was Diane and Allan's marriage like?
(a) They lived separate lives.
(b) They were like brother and sister.
(c) They were very close.
(d) They were the same as always.
2. How did Diane's mother make their home difficult?
(a) She was violent.
(b) She suffered from depression.
(c) She spent all their money.
(d) She drank all the time.
3. Why did Howard work at Russek's?
(a) His parents wanted him to manage it one day.
(b) He wanted to earn money for college.
(c) He wanted to look good for a girl.
(d) He loved being around fur.
4. What effect did the "call girl scandal" have on the Russek's family?
(a) It damaged their lifestyle.
(b) No effect.
(c) It put them out of business.
(d) It made them famous.
5. What traditional philosophy was Diane's and Howard's relationship with their parents founded on?
(a) "Deed, not creed."
(b) Adultery is wrong.
(c) Steal from the rich and give to the poor.
(d) Respect for one's elders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bosworth explains the Arbuses complemented each other because Allan was ________.
2. Why did Anne and Alex divorce?
3. Why did Diane's father send her to art school one summer in Massachusetts?
4. While being married to Allan, how did Diane receive Alex's comments to her?
5. Diane wanted to escape the _______ of commercial photography.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)