|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Diane sketch in her art classes at school?
(a) The boys she liked.
(b) The unique people she encountered.
(c) The sceneries from her dreams.
(d) Her brother and her family.
2. Why did Howard become depressed?
(a) His wife left him.
(b) His parents died.
(c) He lost all his money.
(d) He was failing at writing.
3. By 1958, what was Diane and Allan's marriage like?
(a) They were like brother and sister.
(b) They were the same as always.
(c) They were very close.
(d) They lived separate lives.
4. While being married to Allan, how did Diane receive Alex's comments to her?
(a) She remained aloof to them.
(b) She relished them.
(c) She loathed them.
(d) She avoided them.
5. Despite her artistic talents, where did Cheech live?
(a) The Arbus' guest room.
(b) In an abandoned house.
(c) Her parents' house.
(d) A hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since they were involved in Russek's, what kind of life were David and Gertrude able to lead?
2. Why did Russeks go out of business?
3. Gertrude is described as being ________.
4. Through her classes with Black, how did Diane perceive her life?
5. How did Diane's mother make their home difficult?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)