|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Allan Arbus was the son of ______ immigrants.
2. What drew Diane to Grosz's work?
(a) His unusual subjects.
(b) His flashy tricks.
(c) His subtext.
(d) His controversy.
3. Why were Howard's parents displeased with his new British wife?
(a) She was a socialist.
(b) She was poor.
(c) She was a gentile.
(d) She was arrogant.
4. How did Diane respond to the birth of her first child?
(a) She became depressed.
(b) She wanted another.
(c) She lavished her with attention.
(d) She ignored her.
5. How did Gertrude's family feel about her marrying David?
(a) They were opposed to it.
(b) They arranged it.
(c) They were indifferent.
(d) They were thrilled.
Short Answer Questions
1. While being married to Allan, how did Diane receive Alex's comments to her?
2. Algernon Black was Diane's philosophy of ______ teacher.
3. What made Howard's wife a good business tool for attracting wealthy clients?
4. Gertrude is described as being ________.
5. Diane was ________ through her senior year.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)