|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While working at Russek's, what did Allan want to be?
(a) A painter.
(b) An actor.
(c) A photographer.
(d) A singer.
2. Why did Diane believe her parents would accept her marriage to Allan?
(a) Allan was a nice Jewish boy with a career.
(b) They would be happy when she was out of their house.
(c) Marrying a man is what they wanted for her life.
(d) They would be happy to have grandchildren.
3. Unlike other girls, Diane wasn't ashamed of her _______.
4. How did Gertrude's family feel about her marrying David?
(a) They arranged it.
(b) They were indifferent.
(c) They were thrilled.
(d) They were opposed to it.
5. As Diane matured into her teens, what did she develop?
(b) An imaginary life.
(c) An angry streak.
(d) Strange habits.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Diane's father make their home difficult?
2. Why did Howard work at Russek's?
3. What impact did Alex have on Diane's faithfulness to Allan?
4. As children, what was the relationship like between Diane and Howard?
5. Diane was aware that by marrying Allan she would be giving up ______.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)