|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Diane continue to work at Russek's?
(a) She had no other job.
(b) To earn money.
(c) To see Allan.
(d) Her parents forced her.
2. From where did the Russek family immigrate?
3. What were Diane and Howard not comfortable with as children?
4. Eventually, Alex Eliot became editor of _______.
(c) Time Magazine.
5. Why did Diane believe her parents would accept her marriage to Allan?
(a) Marrying a man is what they wanted for her life.
(b) They would be happy when she was out of their house.
(c) Allan was a nice Jewish boy with a career.
(d) They would be happy to have grandchildren.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did the Nemerov family immigrate?
2. When did Russek's begin its decline?
3. The Arbus and Eliot family are described as being ________.
4. Why did Howard work at Russek's?
5. As Diane matured into her teens, what did she develop?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)