|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mud baths?
2. What kind of sauce does Bond want his wife to be able to make?
3. Who does Bond have to call to complain about not getting his money?
4. Where do Bond's kidnappers escort him to?
5. What do the hoodlums pour over the jockey's face?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond defeat Seraffimo?
2. What do the two hoodlums do to the jockey?
3. What problems do Bond and Tiffany face as they make their way to the nearest town?
4. What do Earnest Cureo and Bond decide to do?
5. Why is Bond suspicious of the two men?
6. How does Leither help Bond and Tiffany?
7. Why is Shy Smile disqualified?
8. What problems does Bond cause himself by playing roulette?
9. What do Bond and Leiter do at the track on the first evening?
10. How does Bond try to delay Seraffimo and his men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In 1971 Diamonds are Forever was made into a film starring Sean Connery as James Bond. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant 15 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 2
How does Fleming represent American mobsters? Is Fleming's representation of American mobsters is accurate? What part did American mobsters play in American society in the fifties? How have America tried to control the activities of American mobsters?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)