|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Bond fly to in this chapter?
2. Where does Seraffimo take Bond to?
3. Which of the following characters is not with Seraffimo?
4. Who is the dealer at Bond's table?
5. How does Cureo force a car to run into him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the gangsters catch Bond?
2. What do Bond and Tiffany say to each other on their dinner date?
3. What is Bond worried about doing at the end of the chapter?
4. How does Bond win his money?
5. How does Shady Tree say Bond can get his money?
6. How does the attendant prepare bond's mud bath?
7. What problems do Bond and Tiffany face as they make their way to the nearest town?
8. How does Bond try to delay Seraffimo and his men?
9. How does Leither help Bond and Tiffany?
10. What do the two hoodlums do to the jockey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why has Seraffimo has not played a major part in the book, but is still considered to be the main villain? Does his death lack any real impact because he has not played a major part in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his/her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motive? Does he/she share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his/her goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
Essay Topic 3
How does Fleming represent American mobsters? Is Fleming's representation of American mobsters is accurate? What part did American mobsters play in American society in the fifties? How have America tried to control the activities of American mobsters?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)