|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leiter think will soon go after Bond and Tiffany?
2. Who was Tiffany's lover?
3. Where does Tiffany suggest she and Bond return to?
4. What game does Bond play in the casino?
5. Where does Seraffimo take Bond to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Bond and Tiffany say to each other on their dinner date?
2. What amuses Bond about the hotel?
3. Why is Shy Smile disqualified?
4. How does Tiffany impress Bond?
5. What is Bond worried about doing at the end of the chapter?
6. How do the gangsters catch Bond?
7. How does Bond defeat Seraffimo?
8. What do Earnest Cureo and Bond decide to do?
9. What do the two men look like?
10. How does Bond win his money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fleming writes Diamonds Are Forever in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if Fleming wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Fleming's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Examine Fleming's representations of the following areas and decide how close Fleming's representations are to the real thing and how Fleming makes his representations seem and feel real:
1) The diamond trade
2) American mobs
3) Horse racing
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)