|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What suggests that the violin player is either overly excited or dramatic?
(a) His gestures.
(b) He is walking all over the stage.
(c) His actions and he is wearing tight clothes.
(d) His face is sweaty.
2. What does Bouchalka do when he is twenty-one?
(a) Takes vows as a monk.
(b) Joins a gypsy band and plays throughout Austria.
(c) Marries a German peasant girl.
(d) Plays with the Paris Metro Opera.
3. Why does Carrie view the walk in the park as a sort of adventure?
(a) Because Carrie seldom gets to be alone with Cressida.
(b) Given Cressida's level of fame, walking in the park without one of her many attendants turns their outing into a kind of adventure.
(c) Because even in those days it was unsafe for two women to walk in the park alone.
(d) Because there are several small circus acts occurring in the park at this time.
4. With whom do Carrie and Henry stand on one matter of Cressida's will?
5. Why does Cressida go to England?
(a) To get her money away from Jerome's inept grasp.
(b) To have a winter free of Jerome's attentions.
(c) To make money on a tour to pull herself out of the precarious financial position in which she finds herself.
(d) To see London once more before killing herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bouchalka seem to enjoy?
2. How much does Cressida's marketable property yield?
3. Did Bouchalka recognize Cressida in the restaurant when he was playing the violin?
4. What does Cressida tell others about why Bouchalka does not accompany her on tour in the Spring?
5. How do Bouchalka and Cressida appear after their honeymoon?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)