|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Cressida believe about the violin player?
(a) That he is earnest in his desire to be a musician.
(b) That he looks like he would be an abusive husband.
(c) That he looks poor to be playing a Stradivarius violin.
(d) Then he should be married so a wife can help him.
2. When Cressida makes a surprise visit home during her tour, what does she find?
(a) Bouchalka has finished a marvelous opera.
(b) Bouchalka near death with the flu.
(c) Bouchalka having sex with the cook.
(d) Bouchalka has moved out of the home.
3. What disappoints Cressida's sisters?
(a) That the fur pieces were scanty.
(b) That the jewels went to charity.
(c) That there wasn't more diamonds.
(d) That the jewels went to Carrie.
4. What do those who contest the bequest show for evidence?
(a) A letter that shows Poppas is blackmailing Cressida.
(b) Financial statements showing how much Cressida was supported them while she is alive.
(c) They have little evidence to back up their claim.
(d) Letters where Cressida states she wishes to provide for them.
5. How much does Cressida's marketable property yield?
(a) 2.5 million.
(b) 50 thousand.
(c) Half a million.
(d) 150 thousand dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Cressida's stateroom lower in the ship than usual?
2. What does Carrie find at Cressida's home the next time she is there?
3. How does Cressida realize she is recognized in the restaurant?
4. What prompts Carrie to write this story?
5. Why would it be natural that Brown gets along well with Poppas?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)