|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the bulk of Cressida's fortune lie?
(a) In worthless stocks.
(b) In municipal bonds.
(c) In real estate.
(d) In governement t-bills.
2. How much does Cressida's marketable property yield?
(a) Half a million.
(b) 2.5 million.
(c) 50 thousand.
(d) 150 thousand dollars.
3. Why does Cressida want Carrie to come to Cressida's house on Sunday?
(a) To meet Cressida's new manager.
(b) To meet Bouchalka who will be coming there on Sunday.
(c) To have Sunday dinner when the priest comes over.
(d) So Carrie can help Cressida pick out new colors for the guest room.
4. Why does Cressida wait for a different ocean liner from that which Horace and Poppas take?
(a) She was not quite ready to leave London.
(b) She had a bad feeling about the one they took.
(c) She felt it offers better publicity.
(d) She missed the port call for Horace's ship because of a visit to the Queen.
5. What does Blasius Bouchalka send Cressida?
(a) An invitation to Germany.
(b) An original score.
(c) A dozen roses.
(d) Tickets to his Carnegie Hall debut.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of restaurant does Cressida prefer to dine?
2. Why does Poppas move to where he does?
3. How do the family members act about the rest of Cressida's property?
4. How do the two women evaluate the duet between the pianist and violin player?
5. Why does Carrie view the walk in the park as a sort of adventure?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)