|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the primary provider during Cressida's first marriage?
(a) Cressida's father.
(c) Cressida's two sisters.
(d) Cressida's husband.
2. What is a word Cassie uses to describe Cressida's approach to her work?
3. From where is Cressida's family originally?
(a) Northern Ireland.
(b) North Carolina.
(d) New York.
4. What in Cressida's life had scandalous potential?
(a) The numerous lovers Cressida has while married.
(b) The rumor that she has had affairs with women as well as men.
(c) Cressida's relationship with Poppas.
(d) The fact that Horace does not resemble his alleged father.
5. When Cressida makes the statement in Part II that she "very nearly escaped her destiny," of what might this be an example?
Short Answer Questions
1. A second theme apparent in Part 2 might be what?
2. Of what does Cressida disapprove about her son?
3. Why does the narrator believe it is wise for the famous person to pose for the photographers?
4. What is the first occurrence in Cressida's life that Carrie describes as a string of bad luck?
5. What does Cressida do when she spies Carrie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe a little of what the narrator gives as Cressida's early life.
2. Do you believe that Cressida's family would have been happy just to have Cressida's love and good wishes rather than her money?
3. Who is Charley Wilton and what is his relationship with Cressida?
4. As time passes, he appears that Bouchalka has no ambition and has not done any composing for quite some time. What is a possible reason for this?
5. Do you believe Poppas deserves to receive the fifty-thousand dollar bequest from Cressida's estate?
6. Do you think any of the men who drive down to hear the names truly cares about Cressida's death?
7. Briefly describe Carrie's initial meeting with Bouchalka at Cressida's home on Sunday.
8. How do Cressida's sisters act about what they receive?
9. In what ways does Cressida again show her compassion and helps Bouchalka? How might this affect Bouchalka in the long run?
10. Why does the narrator believe managers often choose Cressida over other more talented stars?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)