|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did Bouchalka recognize Cressida in the restaurant when he was playing the violin?
(a) Yes, but he wasn't absolutely certain as he had only seen her picture in the paper.
(b) No, he thought she was someone famous but wasn't sure.
(c) No, he didn't really notice her that evening.
(d) Yes, he had heard her sing several times before.
2. How does Bouchalka justify his actions?
(a) By saying he would have forgiven a similar transgression by Cressida.
(b) By suggesting that his music was good even if she had influence in getting it performed.
(c) By saying he had Cressida's good at heart.
(d) By saying his father did the same thing he did.
3. What does Cressida tell others about why Bouchalka does not accompany her on tour in the Spring?
(a) His mother is dying.
(b) He wants to oversee the house remodeling project.
(c) He is becoming more and more ill.
(d) He is in the midst of composing.
4. The fact that Cressida's third marriage is mentioned in passing, but not elaborated upon may be an example of what?
(d) Incompetent writing.
5. What does Cressida confide to Carrie concerning Cressida's fortune?
(a) That Cressida does not tell Jerome about the bulk of her fortune, which is in a Swiss bank account.
(b) As much as Cressida has tried to use her fortune to make others happy, it only makes her life more difficult.
(c) That the end of it is almost there.
(d) That Jerome has tripled her fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. There was a period in Cressida's life when she nearly did what?
2. How do the two women evaluate the duet between the pianist and violin player?
3. What does Carrie find at Cressida's home the next time she is there?
4. From what ailment does Poppas suffer?
5. What disease did Cressida's first husband contract?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)