|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much responsibility do Cressida's sisters assign to Poppas for Cressida's success?
(a) It is not revealed to the reader how the sisters think about the issue.
(b) They believe he is at least half responsible.
(c) They believe he is almost solely responsible.
2. What does Cressida do when she spies Carrie?
(a) Yells at her angrily about a suitcase mix-up.
(b) Turns away and pretends not to see her.
(c) Waves at her from where she is lying on a deck lounger.
(d) Rises and greets her warmly.
3. What does Jerome supposedly convey to Cressida?
(a) The sense that he is eager to greet her in London.
(b) Information he had forgotten to tell her before she departed.
(c) His engagement of a private dining room on the ship.
(d) A secret code to give to some men in London.
4. What is the name of Cressida's second husband?
5. What most impresses Cressida's suitors about her?
(a) Her competence.
(b) Her generosity.
(c) Her talent.
(d) Her beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides Cressida's wealth, what else do Cressida's sisters covet?
2. Who of the "inner circle" is not accompanying Cressida?
3. There was a period in Cressida's life when she nearly did what?
4. What in Cressida's life had scandalous potential?
5. Besides Cressida, what was a common element in the demeanor of Cressida's siblings?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)