|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cressida hope Carrie meets?
(b) Cressida's investment advisor.
(c) The star opposite Cressida at a performance in London.
(d) The ship's surgeon who is single and handsome.
2. Of what does Poppas periodically remind the Garnet sisters?
(a) That the upcoming financial market is likely to be grim because of the stock market crash.
(b) That arguments among them all could result in their financial situation changing.
(c) That Poppas is the reason for Cressida's success.
(d) That Horace is likely to inherit all his mother's estate.
3. Who despise(s) Poppas?
(a) Cressida's future husband.
(b) Horace's father.
(c) Cressida's sisters.
(d) The general public.
4. Why does Carrie view the walk in the park as a sort of adventure?
(a) Because there are several small circus acts occurring in the park at this time.
(b) Given Cressida's level of fame, walking in the park without one of her many attendants turns their outing into a kind of adventure.
(c) Because Carrie seldom gets to be alone with Cressida.
(d) Because even in those days it was unsafe for two women to walk in the park alone.
5. Why is the violin player rummaging through a pile of papers?
(a) Because the conductor asks the violin player for his resignation.
(b) Because he wanted to find a piece of music he wrote.
(c) Because he forgot his music.
(d) Because he wants to write Cressida a note.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cressida marry her second husband?
2. As Cressida walks toward her stateroom, who does she encounter?
3. What is the major focus of Part 3?
4. From what ailment does Poppas suffer?
5. How does Carrie describe the violin player?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)