|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what question does Horace interrupt the two women's conversation?
(a) If his mother would join him for a nightcap alone.
(b) If they would like to go for a walk before retiring for the evening.
(c) If his mother would loan him a thousand dollars as he wants to marry.
(d) If the two women knew where Aunt Julia is.
2. What do Cressida and Poppas have for each other?
(a) The ability to practically read each other's minds.
(b) Mutual respect.
(d) A love/hate tension.
3. About what does Cressida turn suddenly melancholy?
(a) Her fiance's refusal to come on the ocean voyage.
(b) Cressida's upcoming birthday.
(c) Why there are few events in her life that she would choose to revisit.
(d) Why her sisters never are supportive.
4. To whom does Carrie speak shortly after the ship is underway?
(a) The Captain.
(d) The ship's surgeon.
5. Who of the "inner circle" is not accompanying Cressida?
(a) Cressida's personal maid who is afraid of ships.
(b) Cressida's daughter.
(c) Cressida's best friend.
(d) Jerome Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to end Cressida's third marriage?
2. Who is Miletus Poppas?
3. To what party is Cressida's father devoted?
4. Why does Cressida's third marriage fail?
5. How do Carrie and Cressida first meet?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)