|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the famous singer boarding a cruise ship in New York City?
(a) Joan Bazzy.
(b) Samantha Cocker.
(c) Cressida Garnet.
(d) Barbara Strickland.
2. What else turns Cressida melancholy?
(a) The fear that she will never find true love again since her first husband's death.
(b) The prospect of more singing engagements in London.
(c) Thinking about the death of her poodle last month.
(d) Why an aura of sadness follows her as she journeys through life.
3. What is the name of Cressida's other sister who is not on the ship?
4. Why does the narrator believe it is wise for the famous person to pose for the photographers?
(a) The photographers can find her more work.
(b) It is free publicity.
(c) It documents her as being on the ship in case something happens.
(d) Because the person needs the favor of the press because of her age and marital history.
5. How does Cressida explain her melancholy to Carrie?
(a) The prospect of her usualy seasickness.
(b) Melancholy is a genetic trait in her family tree.
(c) The sea air always briefly makes her melancholy.
(d) The cloudy, grey skies makes her melancholy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Carrie able to spend a lot of time with Cressida over the next several days?
2. What does Cressida do rather than argue with Horace?
3. Who is Jerome Brown?
4. Why do Carrie and Cressida walk away together?
5. Whom does Carrie think has a sobering effect on Cressida?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)