|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the primary provider during Cressida's first marriage?
(b) Cressida's two sisters.
(c) Cressida's father.
(d) Cressida's husband.
2. What does the deck steward hand Cressida?
(a) An invitation to the captain's table for dinner.
(b) A gin and tonic.
(c) A mint julep.
(d) An envelope containing a wireless message.
3. To whom does Carrie speak shortly after the ship is underway?
(c) The ship's surgeon.
(d) The Captain.
4. About what does Cressida turn suddenly melancholy?
(a) Cressida's upcoming birthday.
(b) Her fiance's refusal to come on the ocean voyage.
(c) Why her sisters never are supportive.
(d) Why there are few events in her life that she would choose to revisit.
5. What is Carrie's private thought about Horace's support of Cressida?
(a) Horace's support can usually be easily bought.
(b) Carrie wishes Horace were support Carrie's decision to come on the voyage.
(c) Horace is the finest son a woman could hope to have.
(d) It is all show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Cressida give for taking her leave of Carrie?
2. Upon what does Poppas' retirement hinge?
3. Why does Julia return to her stateroom?
4. What did Cressida once worry about when she was broke?
5. Of what does Cressida disapprove about her son?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)