|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Cressida write a note to express her pleasure at the performance in the restaurant?
(a) No one.
(b) The restaurant owner.
(c) The orchestra's director.
(d) The violin player.
2. What else does Cressida believe about the violin player?
(a) That he looks poor to be playing a Stradivarius violin.
(b) That he looks like he would be an abusive husband.
(c) Then he should be married so a wife can help him.
(d) That he is earnest in his desire to be a musician.
3. Several themes are apparent in Part 2; one theme might be what?
(c) Being a fugitive.
4. What is the first occurrence in Cressida's life that Carrie describes as a string of bad luck?
(a) The death of Cressida's mother when Cressida is six.
(b) The death of a beloved dog.
(c) The death of her husband.
(d) The suicide of her father.
5. What is Carrie's private thought about Horace's support of Cressida?
(a) Horace's support can usually be easily bought.
(b) Carrie wishes Horace were support Carrie's decision to come on the voyage.
(c) It is all show.
(d) Horace is the finest son a woman could hope to have.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cressida say she would have done about marrying her first husband had she known he would die so soon after?
2. What does Carrie realize about the group with whom Cressida travels?
3. Who among Cressida's inner circle understands the source of her fortune?
4. Who decides to end Cressida's third marriage?
5. What follows quickly after Cressida's discovery?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)