|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miletus Poppas?
(a) Horace's boyfriend.
(b) Cressida's long-time accompanist.
(c) Miss Julia's current beau.
(d) Cressida's personal chef.
2. What does Cressida think might have been a better thing than to have married after the death of her first husband?
(a) To have lived with a female companion.
(b) To have gone into a convent.
(c) To have just had lovers.
(d) To have killed herself after buying a large insurance policy for Horace.
3. What does Bouchalka do when he is twenty-one?
(a) Joins a gypsy band and plays throughout Austria.
(b) Marries a German peasant girl.
(c) Plays with the Paris Metro Opera.
(d) Takes vows as a monk.
4. How does Cressida explain her sister's presence?
(a) Her sister has come to expect to be able to accompany her on these types of trips.
(b) Her sister is dying and this will be her last good time on earth.
(c) Her sister is good company.
(d) Her sister needs to manager Cressida's entourage.
5. Upon what does Poppas' retirement hinge?
(a) If his wife will go with him.
(b) If his ailment worsens.
(c) If he does well in the stock market.
(d) When Cressida decides she no longer needs his services.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's name?
2. How do Horace and Miss Julia act towards Carrie?
3. What is the name of Cressida's third husband?
4. To whom does Cressida unilaterally credit for her success?
5. Who despise(s) Poppas?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)