|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the soccer coach insisting?
2. What does Abby tell Claire about Conner?
3. Why does the security guard allow Massie and Alicia through?
4. What message does Claire leave for Cam?
5. Who does Abby dance with in the makeup trailer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Alicia and Massie laughingstocks?
2. How can the reader tell that the girls' friendships are not as strong as they seem?
3. Despite her obstacles, how does Massie show ingenuity in reporting for "The Daily Grind"?
4. What happened at the dance?
5. Does Alicia and Massie's behavior show their friendship to Claire?
6. How do the girls prepare for "The Daily Grind" in California?
7. Why would the girls care about the dance at the boys' school?
8. Why are the photos in the magazine important?
9. What goes wrong during filming of "The Daily Grind" in California?
10. How does Claire avoid spending time with Massie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many formulaic stories feature a hero struggling against a villain.
1. Who is the hero in this story? How can you tell? What is so important about the role of the hero?
2. Who is the villain? Is there a real villain in this story? What do they do that is villainous?
3. Are there characters who seem to be both a hero and a villain? Which aspects of these characters are heroic, and which aspects are villainous?
Essay Topic 2
Media (including movies, TV, email, texting, photography, magazines, internet, etc.) is such an important theme in the book that the title directly references media. Cite 3 examples of how the plot centers on media, and write a paragraph for each. How could the plot unfold without this media?
Essay Topic 3
While it is normal for people to depend on one another, many of the characters in this book use one another for their own gains. Give 3 examples of characters using one another. Does this hurt or help the person who is used by someone else? Does it go according to plan, or do the characters regret trying to use one another?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)